• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:36
CEST 00:36
KST 07:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7993 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2014 Day 1 - Page 1057

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1091 Next
Video contest, cash prizes and unique forums icon, go!

Fan fiction contest has closed. The winner will be announced shortly.

Post on the future of this thread.
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 30 2014 14:49 GMT
#21121
Terran: (T)Flash, (T)Maru, (T)INnoVation, (T)Bomber, (T)MMA, (T)Bunny
Protoss:(P)sOs, (P)Zest, (P)Rain, (P)herO, (P)NaNiwa
Zerg: (Z)Jaedong, (Z)soO, (Z)Life, (Z)Soulkey, (Z)Snute
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
AWalker9
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
United Kingdom7229 Posts
October 30 2014 14:49 GMT
#21122
Now I'm really curious. There will be some huge changes in WCS next year, what is your opinion on it?

If WCS was region locked from the very beginning, would anyone have raised concerns about Koreans being unable to play in other regions? No. I personally never understood why it wasn't region locked to begin with, and then transitioning into 2014 the half-measures of seperated qualifiers into regional and wild card made no difference. In the end, WCS needed to be region locked from the very beginning, but it took 2 years to get there. And now the half measures just hurt overall because the Koreans who established themselves elsewhere have to head home, or be so established that they have the proper papers. Changes were too slow in my opinion, or shouldn't have been needed in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I loved casting the Koreans we had, I loved watching their games and the effect they had on the region as a whole (I can only speak for EU in this regard, as their practice here DID make a difference to the EU players). US on the other hand, mmmm, didn't seem so healthy.

http://www.aceresport.com/en/btsw_kaelaris.htm
soOjwa has returned to smite all that stand in his way
Aeromi
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
France14463 Posts
October 30 2014 14:52 GMT
#21123
Looks like it leaked. I don't know if people who are aware can talk now.
https://twitter.com/DrAeromi | Updates on live tournaments: @StarCrafteSport
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 30 2014 14:53 GMT
#21124
On October 30 2014 23:49 AWalker9 wrote:
Show nested quote +
Now I'm really curious. There will be some huge changes in WCS next year, what is your opinion on it?

If WCS was region locked from the very beginning, would anyone have raised concerns about Koreans being unable to play in other regions? No. I personally never understood why it wasn't region locked to begin with, and then transitioning into 2014 the half-measures of seperated qualifiers into regional and wild card made no difference. In the end, WCS needed to be region locked from the very beginning, but it took 2 years to get there. And now the half measures just hurt overall because the Koreans who established themselves elsewhere have to head home, or be so established that they have the proper papers. Changes were too slow in my opinion, or shouldn't have been needed in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I loved casting the Koreans we had, I loved watching their games and the effect they had on the region as a whole (I can only speak for EU in this regard, as their practice here DID make a difference to the EU players). US on the other hand, mmmm, didn't seem so healthy.

http://www.aceresport.com/en/btsw_kaelaris.htm

Region locking will be the death of WCS NA. The people who still watch starcraft care about good games, not personalities and only watching foreigners. Those people switched to different games a long time ago. Too late, we can't switch back now. No one who watches starcraft wants to see Bails vs Intense or something like that in the Ro8.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 30 2014 14:55 GMT
#21125
On October 30 2014 23:52 Aeromi wrote:
Looks like it leaked. I don't know if people who are aware can talk now.


It? What does that mean?
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 30 2014 14:56 GMT
#21126
On October 30 2014 23:48 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 23:43 OtherWorld wrote:
Well, might as well make mine too^^
Terrans : (T)Flash, (T)Maru, (T)MMA, (T)Bomber, (T)Polt, (T)Bbyong
Protosses : (P)sOs, (P)Zest, (P)herO, (P)Rain, (P)Trap
Zergs : (Z)soO, (Z)Jaedong, (Z)Snute, (Z)Life, (Z)HyuN
Play that on a map pool of Habitation, Fruitland, Bel'shir, Frost, Kamala Park, Bridgehead and Overgrowth and I'm a happy man

My map pool is Frost, Bridgehead, Emerald Plaza, The Path Not Taken, KTV Carozo, Orichalcum, and Color Crush.

You, sir, have good taste in maps :D Just not a fan of Color Crush, but the rest is pretty cool. I'd put in Ember Fortress, Passage to Paradise and Expedition Lost in it as well
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 30 2014 14:57 GMT
#21127
On October 30 2014 23:56 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 23:48 The_Templar wrote:
On October 30 2014 23:43 OtherWorld wrote:
Well, might as well make mine too^^
Terrans : (T)Flash, (T)Maru, (T)MMA, (T)Bomber, (T)Polt, (T)Bbyong
Protosses : (P)sOs, (P)Zest, (P)herO, (P)Rain, (P)Trap
Zergs : (Z)soO, (Z)Jaedong, (Z)Snute, (Z)Life, (Z)HyuN
Play that on a map pool of Habitation, Fruitland, Bel'shir, Frost, Kamala Park, Bridgehead and Overgrowth and I'm a happy man

My map pool is Frost, Bridgehead, Emerald Plaza, The Path Not Taken, KTV Carozo, Orichalcum, and Color Crush.

You, sir, have good taste in maps :D Just not a fan of Color Crush, but the rest is pretty cool. I'd put in Ember Fortress, Passage to Paradise and Expedition Lost in it as well


Man, I need to browse the map forum more (or at all). I don't know any of these.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
October 30 2014 14:58 GMT
#21128
On October 30 2014 23:56 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 23:48 The_Templar wrote:
On October 30 2014 23:43 OtherWorld wrote:
Well, might as well make mine too^^
Terrans : (T)Flash, (T)Maru, (T)MMA, (T)Bomber, (T)Polt, (T)Bbyong
Protosses : (P)sOs, (P)Zest, (P)herO, (P)Rain, (P)Trap
Zergs : (Z)soO, (Z)Jaedong, (Z)Snute, (Z)Life, (Z)HyuN
Play that on a map pool of Habitation, Fruitland, Bel'shir, Frost, Kamala Park, Bridgehead and Overgrowth and I'm a happy man

My map pool is Frost, Bridgehead, Emerald Plaza, The Path Not Taken, KTV Carozo, Orichalcum, and Color Crush.

You, sir, have good taste in maps :D Just not a fan of Color Crush, but the rest is pretty cool. I'd put in Ember Fortress, Passage to Paradise and Expedition Lost in it as well

Yeah, those are pretty cool too. I probably would replace Frost with Expedition Lost, except there needs to be a large macro map besides Color Crush.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 30 2014 14:58 GMT
#21129
On October 30 2014 23:49 AWalker9 wrote:
Show nested quote +
Now I'm really curious. There will be some huge changes in WCS next year, what is your opinion on it?

If WCS was region locked from the very beginning, would anyone have raised concerns about Koreans being unable to play in other regions? No. I personally never understood why it wasn't region locked to begin with, and then transitioning into 2014 the half-measures of seperated qualifiers into regional and wild card made no difference. In the end, WCS needed to be region locked from the very beginning, but it took 2 years to get there. And now the half measures just hurt overall because the Koreans who established themselves elsewhere have to head home, or be so established that they have the proper papers. Changes were too slow in my opinion, or shouldn't have been needed in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I loved casting the Koreans we had, I loved watching their games and the effect they had on the region as a whole (I can only speak for EU in this regard, as their practice here DID make a difference to the EU players). US on the other hand, mmmm, didn't seem so healthy.

http://www.aceresport.com/en/btsw_kaelaris.htm

Uh oh. I'm starting to feel bad for all the Koreans who emigrated to EU
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
October 30 2014 15:02 GMT
#21130
On October 30 2014 23:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 23:49 AWalker9 wrote:
Now I'm really curious. There will be some huge changes in WCS next year, what is your opinion on it?

If WCS was region locked from the very beginning, would anyone have raised concerns about Koreans being unable to play in other regions? No. I personally never understood why it wasn't region locked to begin with, and then transitioning into 2014 the half-measures of seperated qualifiers into regional and wild card made no difference. In the end, WCS needed to be region locked from the very beginning, but it took 2 years to get there. And now the half measures just hurt overall because the Koreans who established themselves elsewhere have to head home, or be so established that they have the proper papers. Changes were too slow in my opinion, or shouldn't have been needed in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I loved casting the Koreans we had, I loved watching their games and the effect they had on the region as a whole (I can only speak for EU in this regard, as their practice here DID make a difference to the EU players). US on the other hand, mmmm, didn't seem so healthy.

http://www.aceresport.com/en/btsw_kaelaris.htm

Region locking will be the death of WCS NA. The people who still watch starcraft care about good games, not personalities and only watching foreigners. Those people switched to different games a long time ago. Too late, we can't switch back now. No one who watches starcraft wants to see Bails vs Intense or something like that in the Ro8.

I don't agree at all.
There are people who prefer the highest lvl of play (on TL this group might even be the largest), but there are also fans of Huk, Major, Scarlett, Puck, Snute, etc who will watch the shit out of region locked WCS tournaments.
I don't think that the numbers will drop at all tbh.
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 30 2014 15:04 GMT
#21131
On October 31 2014 00:02 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 23:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 30 2014 23:49 AWalker9 wrote:
Now I'm really curious. There will be some huge changes in WCS next year, what is your opinion on it?

If WCS was region locked from the very beginning, would anyone have raised concerns about Koreans being unable to play in other regions? No. I personally never understood why it wasn't region locked to begin with, and then transitioning into 2014 the half-measures of seperated qualifiers into regional and wild card made no difference. In the end, WCS needed to be region locked from the very beginning, but it took 2 years to get there. And now the half measures just hurt overall because the Koreans who established themselves elsewhere have to head home, or be so established that they have the proper papers. Changes were too slow in my opinion, or shouldn't have been needed in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I loved casting the Koreans we had, I loved watching their games and the effect they had on the region as a whole (I can only speak for EU in this regard, as their practice here DID make a difference to the EU players). US on the other hand, mmmm, didn't seem so healthy.

http://www.aceresport.com/en/btsw_kaelaris.htm

Region locking will be the death of WCS NA. The people who still watch starcraft care about good games, not personalities and only watching foreigners. Those people switched to different games a long time ago. Too late, we can't switch back now. No one who watches starcraft wants to see Bails vs Intense or something like that in the Ro8.

I don't agree at all.
There are people who prefer the highest lvl of play (on TL this group might even be the largest), but there are also fans of Huk, Major, Scarlett, Puck, Snute, etc who will watch the shit out of region locked WCS tournaments.
I don't think that the numbers will drop at all tbh.


But those players are gonna be in regardless. Of course the best foreigners are popular and people wanna watch them. I'm talking about the rest of the tournament which is now gonna be filled with a bunch of nobodies instead of better and more deserving koreans.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 30 2014 15:08 GMT
#21132
On October 31 2014 00:02 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 23:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 30 2014 23:49 AWalker9 wrote:
Now I'm really curious. There will be some huge changes in WCS next year, what is your opinion on it?

If WCS was region locked from the very beginning, would anyone have raised concerns about Koreans being unable to play in other regions? No. I personally never understood why it wasn't region locked to begin with, and then transitioning into 2014 the half-measures of seperated qualifiers into regional and wild card made no difference. In the end, WCS needed to be region locked from the very beginning, but it took 2 years to get there. And now the half measures just hurt overall because the Koreans who established themselves elsewhere have to head home, or be so established that they have the proper papers. Changes were too slow in my opinion, or shouldn't have been needed in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I loved casting the Koreans we had, I loved watching their games and the effect they had on the region as a whole (I can only speak for EU in this regard, as their practice here DID make a difference to the EU players). US on the other hand, mmmm, didn't seem so healthy.

http://www.aceresport.com/en/btsw_kaelaris.htm

Region locking will be the death of WCS NA. The people who still watch starcraft care about good games, not personalities and only watching foreigners. Those people switched to different games a long time ago. Too late, we can't switch back now. No one who watches starcraft wants to see Bails vs Intense or something like that in the Ro8.

I don't agree at all.
There are people who prefer the highest lvl of play (on TL this group might even be the largest), but there are also fans of Huk, Major, Scarlett, Puck, Snute, etc who will watch the shit out of region locked WCS tournaments.
I don't think that the numbers will drop at all tbh.

I'm a Snute fan and I want to see him play against the likes of Flash, herO, or even MMA and Stardust, not against Miniraiser or Sjaak
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Deathstar
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
9150 Posts
October 30 2014 15:10 GMT
#21133
Watch gsl for the korean slugfest
blizzcon is for global competition
rip passion
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 30 2014 15:10 GMT
#21134
On October 31 2014 00:08 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2014 00:02 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On October 30 2014 23:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 30 2014 23:49 AWalker9 wrote:
Now I'm really curious. There will be some huge changes in WCS next year, what is your opinion on it?

If WCS was region locked from the very beginning, would anyone have raised concerns about Koreans being unable to play in other regions? No. I personally never understood why it wasn't region locked to begin with, and then transitioning into 2014 the half-measures of seperated qualifiers into regional and wild card made no difference. In the end, WCS needed to be region locked from the very beginning, but it took 2 years to get there. And now the half measures just hurt overall because the Koreans who established themselves elsewhere have to head home, or be so established that they have the proper papers. Changes were too slow in my opinion, or shouldn't have been needed in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I loved casting the Koreans we had, I loved watching their games and the effect they had on the region as a whole (I can only speak for EU in this regard, as their practice here DID make a difference to the EU players). US on the other hand, mmmm, didn't seem so healthy.

http://www.aceresport.com/en/btsw_kaelaris.htm

Region locking will be the death of WCS NA. The people who still watch starcraft care about good games, not personalities and only watching foreigners. Those people switched to different games a long time ago. Too late, we can't switch back now. No one who watches starcraft wants to see Bails vs Intense or something like that in the Ro8.

I don't agree at all.
There are people who prefer the highest lvl of play (on TL this group might even be the largest), but there are also fans of Huk, Major, Scarlett, Puck, Snute, etc who will watch the shit out of region locked WCS tournaments.
I don't think that the numbers will drop at all tbh.

I'm a Snute fan and I want to see him play against the likes of Flash, herO, or even MMA and Stardust, not against Miniraiser or Sjaak

Sure, but that wasn't going to happen anyway, and if it did, he'd mostly get smashed anyway
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
October 30 2014 15:12 GMT
#21135
I'm so sad this thread will be closed
Dating thread on TL LUL
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
October 30 2014 15:13 GMT
#21136
On October 31 2014 00:08 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2014 00:02 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On October 30 2014 23:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 30 2014 23:49 AWalker9 wrote:
Now I'm really curious. There will be some huge changes in WCS next year, what is your opinion on it?

If WCS was region locked from the very beginning, would anyone have raised concerns about Koreans being unable to play in other regions? No. I personally never understood why it wasn't region locked to begin with, and then transitioning into 2014 the half-measures of seperated qualifiers into regional and wild card made no difference. In the end, WCS needed to be region locked from the very beginning, but it took 2 years to get there. And now the half measures just hurt overall because the Koreans who established themselves elsewhere have to head home, or be so established that they have the proper papers. Changes were too slow in my opinion, or shouldn't have been needed in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I loved casting the Koreans we had, I loved watching their games and the effect they had on the region as a whole (I can only speak for EU in this regard, as their practice here DID make a difference to the EU players). US on the other hand, mmmm, didn't seem so healthy.

http://www.aceresport.com/en/btsw_kaelaris.htm

Region locking will be the death of WCS NA. The people who still watch starcraft care about good games, not personalities and only watching foreigners. Those people switched to different games a long time ago. Too late, we can't switch back now. No one who watches starcraft wants to see Bails vs Intense or something like that in the Ro8.

I don't agree at all.
There are people who prefer the highest lvl of play (on TL this group might even be the largest), but there are also fans of Huk, Major, Scarlett, Puck, Snute, etc who will watch the shit out of region locked WCS tournaments.
I don't think that the numbers will drop at all tbh.

I'm a Snute fan and I want to see him play against the likes of Flash, herO, or even MMA and Stardust, not against Miniraiser or Sjaak

Yes and you are a hardcore sc2 fan.
There are probably other people who will be excited to see a wcs finals of Scarlett vs Polt.
Also "scrappy" foreigner games can be a lot more enjoyable than a nearly perfect game from the best koreans.
I just don't think the whole region lock will affect the viewer numbers negatively at all
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 30 2014 15:13 GMT
#21137
On October 31 2014 00:08 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2014 00:02 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On October 30 2014 23:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 30 2014 23:49 AWalker9 wrote:
Now I'm really curious. There will be some huge changes in WCS next year, what is your opinion on it?

If WCS was region locked from the very beginning, would anyone have raised concerns about Koreans being unable to play in other regions? No. I personally never understood why it wasn't region locked to begin with, and then transitioning into 2014 the half-measures of seperated qualifiers into regional and wild card made no difference. In the end, WCS needed to be region locked from the very beginning, but it took 2 years to get there. And now the half measures just hurt overall because the Koreans who established themselves elsewhere have to head home, or be so established that they have the proper papers. Changes were too slow in my opinion, or shouldn't have been needed in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I loved casting the Koreans we had, I loved watching their games and the effect they had on the region as a whole (I can only speak for EU in this regard, as their practice here DID make a difference to the EU players). US on the other hand, mmmm, didn't seem so healthy.

http://www.aceresport.com/en/btsw_kaelaris.htm

Region locking will be the death of WCS NA. The people who still watch starcraft care about good games, not personalities and only watching foreigners. Those people switched to different games a long time ago. Too late, we can't switch back now. No one who watches starcraft wants to see Bails vs Intense or something like that in the Ro8.

I don't agree at all.
There are people who prefer the highest lvl of play (on TL this group might even be the largest), but there are also fans of Huk, Major, Scarlett, Puck, Snute, etc who will watch the shit out of region locked WCS tournaments.
I don't think that the numbers will drop at all tbh.

I'm a Snute fan and I want to see him play against the likes of Flash, herO, or even MMA and Stardust, not against Miniraiser or Sjaak


You just don't wanna see him get smashed by Miniraser again
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 30 2014 15:13 GMT
#21138
On October 31 2014 00:10 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2014 00:08 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 31 2014 00:02 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On October 30 2014 23:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 30 2014 23:49 AWalker9 wrote:
Now I'm really curious. There will be some huge changes in WCS next year, what is your opinion on it?

If WCS was region locked from the very beginning, would anyone have raised concerns about Koreans being unable to play in other regions? No. I personally never understood why it wasn't region locked to begin with, and then transitioning into 2014 the half-measures of seperated qualifiers into regional and wild card made no difference. In the end, WCS needed to be region locked from the very beginning, but it took 2 years to get there. And now the half measures just hurt overall because the Koreans who established themselves elsewhere have to head home, or be so established that they have the proper papers. Changes were too slow in my opinion, or shouldn't have been needed in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I loved casting the Koreans we had, I loved watching their games and the effect they had on the region as a whole (I can only speak for EU in this regard, as their practice here DID make a difference to the EU players). US on the other hand, mmmm, didn't seem so healthy.

http://www.aceresport.com/en/btsw_kaelaris.htm

Region locking will be the death of WCS NA. The people who still watch starcraft care about good games, not personalities and only watching foreigners. Those people switched to different games a long time ago. Too late, we can't switch back now. No one who watches starcraft wants to see Bails vs Intense or something like that in the Ro8.

I don't agree at all.
There are people who prefer the highest lvl of play (on TL this group might even be the largest), but there are also fans of Huk, Major, Scarlett, Puck, Snute, etc who will watch the shit out of region locked WCS tournaments.
I don't think that the numbers will drop at all tbh.

I'm a Snute fan and I want to see him play against the likes of Flash, herO, or even MMA and Stardust, not against Miniraiser or Sjaak

Sure, but that wasn't going to happen anyway, and if it did, he'd mostly get smashed anyway

Nah but I was talking about the region lock thing. I mean today Snute can compete against Flash and herO. What allowed him to reach this level of skill is probably more playing against players like MMA or jjakji than against your average mid-tier foreigner. With region lock that would have never happened. Also I'm excited to see Snute play against good Koreans, not against these mid-tier foreigners
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
October 30 2014 15:13 GMT
#21139
Also we should appreciate the future os esports much more:
http://www.twitch.tv/eswc
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 30 2014 15:15 GMT
#21140
On October 31 2014 00:13 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 31 2014 00:08 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 31 2014 00:02 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On October 30 2014 23:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
On October 30 2014 23:49 AWalker9 wrote:
Now I'm really curious. There will be some huge changes in WCS next year, what is your opinion on it?

If WCS was region locked from the very beginning, would anyone have raised concerns about Koreans being unable to play in other regions? No. I personally never understood why it wasn't region locked to begin with, and then transitioning into 2014 the half-measures of seperated qualifiers into regional and wild card made no difference. In the end, WCS needed to be region locked from the very beginning, but it took 2 years to get there. And now the half measures just hurt overall because the Koreans who established themselves elsewhere have to head home, or be so established that they have the proper papers. Changes were too slow in my opinion, or shouldn't have been needed in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I loved casting the Koreans we had, I loved watching their games and the effect they had on the region as a whole (I can only speak for EU in this regard, as their practice here DID make a difference to the EU players). US on the other hand, mmmm, didn't seem so healthy.

http://www.aceresport.com/en/btsw_kaelaris.htm

Region locking will be the death of WCS NA. The people who still watch starcraft care about good games, not personalities and only watching foreigners. Those people switched to different games a long time ago. Too late, we can't switch back now. No one who watches starcraft wants to see Bails vs Intense or something like that in the Ro8.

I don't agree at all.
There are people who prefer the highest lvl of play (on TL this group might even be the largest), but there are also fans of Huk, Major, Scarlett, Puck, Snute, etc who will watch the shit out of region locked WCS tournaments.
I don't think that the numbers will drop at all tbh.

I'm a Snute fan and I want to see him play against the likes of Flash, herO, or even MMA and Stardust, not against Miniraiser or Sjaak

Yes and you are a hardcore sc2 fan.
There are probably other people who will be excited to see a wcs finals of Scarlett vs Polt.
Also "scrappy" foreigner games can be a lot more enjoyable than a nearly perfect game from the best koreans.
I just don't think the whole region lock will affect the viewer numbers negatively at all


No see, I'm fine with a Scarlett vs Polt finals, it's lesser than what we have now but still acceptable. It's the tournament leading up to that finals that suffers to most, and is gonna be full of a bunch of crappy NA foreigners that no one knows or cares about.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Prev 1 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1091 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 130
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 323
White-Ra 177
910 48
NaDa 33
Dota 2
monkeys_forever185
NeuroSwarm132
Super Smash Bros
PPMD84
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8828
Liquid`Hasu1524
Trikslyr86
Other Games
summit1g8560
Liquid`RaSZi3372
shahzam551
JimRising 315
B2W.Neo182
Pyrionflax157
C9.Mang0142
ArmadaUGS94
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream311
Other Games
BasetradeTV191
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1021
Other Games
• imaqtpie1131
• Shiphtur186
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 24m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.