• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:37
CEST 10:37
KST 17:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11575 users

[WCS] Global Finals 2014 Day 1 - Page 1055

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1091 Next
Video contest, cash prizes and unique forums icon, go!

Fan fiction contest has closed. The winner will be announced shortly.

Post on the future of this thread.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 30 2014 12:39 GMT
#21081
Okay, so that won't really let us know how much he's been practicing. =/
I reckon that he's smart enough to take a small break from SC, even just to calm down for a bit before hitting it again.
kiss kiss fall in love
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 30 2014 12:40 GMT
#21082
I hope at least two foreigners make Blizzcon next year
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-30 12:41:02
October 30 2014 12:40 GMT
#21083
On October 30 2014 21:39 IntoTheheart wrote:
Okay, so that won't really let us know how much he's been practicing. =/
I reckon that he's smart enough to take a small break from SC, even just to calm down for a bit before hitting it again.

Well he also mentioned wrist pain. That's what makes me so scared
Dammit ForGG really loves his banshees
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 30 2014 12:41 GMT
#21084
On October 30 2014 21:40 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 21:39 IntoTheheart wrote:
Okay, so that won't really let us know how much he's been practicing. =/
I reckon that he's smart enough to take a small break from SC, even just to calm down for a bit before hitting it again.

Well he also mentioned wrist pain. That's what makes me so scared
Dammit ForGG really loves his banshees

Yeah... it's ForGG.

Honestly, he's smart enough to take the time off that he needs to. I wouldn't worry about it.
kiss kiss fall in love
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 30 2014 13:02 GMT
#21085
On October 30 2014 21:41 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 21:40 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 30 2014 21:39 IntoTheheart wrote:
Okay, so that won't really let us know how much he's been practicing. =/
I reckon that he's smart enough to take a small break from SC, even just to calm down for a bit before hitting it again.

Well he also mentioned wrist pain. That's what makes me so scared
Dammit ForGG really loves his banshees

Yeah... it's ForGG.

Honestly, he's smart enough to take the time off that he needs to. I wouldn't worry about it.

Snute's awesome!
I'm very sad for him not being at Blizzcon...
Better luck next year!
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
October 30 2014 13:03 GMT
#21086
On October 30 2014 21:40 Sakat wrote:
I hope at least two foreigners make Blizzcon next year

I "get" the hype... I mean Jaedong being there generates some hype (and I'm not saying he doesn't stand a chance or anything) but even if we had naniwa and stephano I don't think they'd be favored to win more than a map... I'm much more excited to see an event where we have sixteen relatively strong competitors and some good matches lined up!

Now... anything can happen and we might end up with several 3-0 stomps including Jaedong beating bomber... You never know!
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 30 2014 13:04 GMT
#21087
On October 30 2014 22:03 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 21:40 Sakat wrote:
I hope at least two foreigners make Blizzcon next year

I "get" the hype... I mean Jaedong being there generates some hype (and I'm not saying he doesn't stand a chance or anything) but even if we had naniwa and stephano I don't think they'd be favored to win more than a map... I'm much more excited to see an event where we have sixteen relatively strong competitors and some good matches lined up!

Now... anything can happen and we might end up with several 3-0 stomps including Jaedong beating bomber... You never know!

Are you implying Snute couldn't compete with the 16 players here?
(and come on Naniwa and Stephano, this isn't 2012 anymore ><)
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 30 2014 13:06 GMT
#21088
On October 30 2014 22:04 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 22:03 y0su wrote:
On October 30 2014 21:40 Sakat wrote:
I hope at least two foreigners make Blizzcon next year

I "get" the hype... I mean Jaedong being there generates some hype (and I'm not saying he doesn't stand a chance or anything) but even if we had naniwa and stephano I don't think they'd be favored to win more than a map... I'm much more excited to see an event where we have sixteen relatively strong competitors and some good matches lined up!

Now... anything can happen and we might end up with several 3-0 stomps including Jaedong beating bomber... You never know!

Are you implying Snute couldn't compete with the 16 players here?
(and come on Naniwa and Stephano, this isn't 2012 anymore ><)

Snute could definitely compete
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
October 30 2014 13:34 GMT
#21089
On October 30 2014 22:04 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 22:03 y0su wrote:
On October 30 2014 21:40 Sakat wrote:
I hope at least two foreigners make Blizzcon next year

I "get" the hype... I mean Jaedong being there generates some hype (and I'm not saying he doesn't stand a chance or anything) but even if we had naniwa and stephano I don't think they'd be favored to win more than a map... I'm much more excited to see an event where we have sixteen relatively strong competitors and some good matches lined up!

Now... anything can happen and we might end up with several 3-0 stomps including Jaedong beating bomber... You never know!

Are you implying Snute couldn't compete with the 16 players here?
(and come on Naniwa and Stephano, this isn't 2012 anymore ><)

I do mean naniwa or stephano in their primes.
And no, I don't think I'd give snute better chances against jjakji than jd has against bomber.
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 30 2014 13:35 GMT
#21090
On October 30 2014 22:34 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 22:04 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 30 2014 22:03 y0su wrote:
On October 30 2014 21:40 Sakat wrote:
I hope at least two foreigners make Blizzcon next year

I "get" the hype... I mean Jaedong being there generates some hype (and I'm not saying he doesn't stand a chance or anything) but even if we had naniwa and stephano I don't think they'd be favored to win more than a map... I'm much more excited to see an event where we have sixteen relatively strong competitors and some good matches lined up!

Now... anything can happen and we might end up with several 3-0 stomps including Jaedong beating bomber... You never know!

Are you implying Snute couldn't compete with the 16 players here?
(and come on Naniwa and Stephano, this isn't 2012 anymore ><)

I do mean naniwa or stephano in their primes.
And no, I don't think I'd give snute better chances against jjakji than jd has against bomber.

He beat herO twice
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
goody153
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
44304 Posts
October 30 2014 13:45 GMT
#21091
On October 30 2014 21:40 Sakat wrote:
I hope at least two foreigners make Blizzcon next year

Or flash just flash.

GDI flash ! why can't you go through r16
this is a quote
H8
Profile Joined October 2013
Czech Republic563 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-30 13:53:16
October 30 2014 13:49 GMT
#21092
On October 30 2014 22:45 goody153 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 21:40 Sakat wrote:
I hope at least two foreigners make Blizzcon next year

Or flash just flash.

GDI flash ! why can't you go through r16


Because he would win the GSL, qualify for Blizzcon in 15th place, proceed to the finals vs Jaedong and the power would go off..
The Three Musketeers of EU Passion! TheBloodyDwarf, H8 and Sakat
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-30 14:00:12
October 30 2014 13:59 GMT
#21093
On October 30 2014 22:35 Sakat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 22:34 y0su wrote:
On October 30 2014 22:04 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 30 2014 22:03 y0su wrote:
On October 30 2014 21:40 Sakat wrote:
I hope at least two foreigners make Blizzcon next year

I "get" the hype... I mean Jaedong being there generates some hype (and I'm not saying he doesn't stand a chance or anything) but even if we had naniwa and stephano I don't think they'd be favored to win more than a map... I'm much more excited to see an event where we have sixteen relatively strong competitors and some good matches lined up!

Now... anything can happen and we might end up with several 3-0 stomps including Jaedong beating bomber... You never know!

Are you implying Snute couldn't compete with the 16 players here?
(and come on Naniwa and Stephano, this isn't 2012 anymore ><)

I do mean naniwa or stephano in their primes.
And no, I don't think I'd give snute better chances against jjakji than jd has against bomber.

He beat herO twice

Doesn't happen if herO has time to prepare! The final seeding has been known for a while and players have had time to really prepare. Maybe I'd even give him a better chance than our other foreign hopes in their primes but that still doesn't give him more than two map wins!!

OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
October 30 2014 14:01 GMT
#21094
On October 30 2014 22:34 y0su wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 22:04 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 30 2014 22:03 y0su wrote:
On October 30 2014 21:40 Sakat wrote:
I hope at least two foreigners make Blizzcon next year

I "get" the hype... I mean Jaedong being there generates some hype (and I'm not saying he doesn't stand a chance or anything) but even if we had naniwa and stephano I don't think they'd be favored to win more than a map... I'm much more excited to see an event where we have sixteen relatively strong competitors and some good matches lined up!

Now... anything can happen and we might end up with several 3-0 stomps including Jaedong beating bomber... You never know!

Are you implying Snute couldn't compete with the 16 players here?
(and come on Naniwa and Stephano, this isn't 2012 anymore ><)

I do mean naniwa or stephano in their primes.
And no, I don't think I'd give snute better chances against jjakji than jd has against bomber.

Stephano in his prime would have decent chances. And Snute would get wrecked by any Terran here, but could win any ZvP (except Zest? Not sure) or ZvZ (and would even be favored against Hyun).
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 30 2014 14:07 GMT
#21095
On October 30 2014 23:01 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 22:34 y0su wrote:
On October 30 2014 22:04 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 30 2014 22:03 y0su wrote:
On October 30 2014 21:40 Sakat wrote:
I hope at least two foreigners make Blizzcon next year

I "get" the hype... I mean Jaedong being there generates some hype (and I'm not saying he doesn't stand a chance or anything) but even if we had naniwa and stephano I don't think they'd be favored to win more than a map... I'm much more excited to see an event where we have sixteen relatively strong competitors and some good matches lined up!

Now... anything can happen and we might end up with several 3-0 stomps including Jaedong beating bomber... You never know!

Are you implying Snute couldn't compete with the 16 players here?
(and come on Naniwa and Stephano, this isn't 2012 anymore ><)

I do mean naniwa or stephano in their primes.
And no, I don't think I'd give snute better chances against jjakji than jd has against bomber.

Stephano in his prime would have decent chances. And Snute would get wrecked by any Terran here, but could win any ZvP (except Zest? Not sure) or ZvZ (and would even be favored against Hyun).

I strongly agree with this!
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 30 2014 14:11 GMT
#21096
On October 30 2014 23:01 OtherWorld wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 22:34 y0su wrote:
On October 30 2014 22:04 OtherWorld wrote:
On October 30 2014 22:03 y0su wrote:
On October 30 2014 21:40 Sakat wrote:
I hope at least two foreigners make Blizzcon next year

I "get" the hype... I mean Jaedong being there generates some hype (and I'm not saying he doesn't stand a chance or anything) but even if we had naniwa and stephano I don't think they'd be favored to win more than a map... I'm much more excited to see an event where we have sixteen relatively strong competitors and some good matches lined up!

Now... anything can happen and we might end up with several 3-0 stomps including Jaedong beating bomber... You never know!

Are you implying Snute couldn't compete with the 16 players here?
(and come on Naniwa and Stephano, this isn't 2012 anymore ><)

I do mean naniwa or stephano in their primes.
And no, I don't think I'd give snute better chances against jjakji than jd has against bomber.

Stephano in his prime would have decent chances. And Snute would get wrecked by any Terran here, but could win any ZvP (except Zest? Not sure) or ZvZ (and would even be favored against Hyun).

Historically, doesn't Snute always do well against HyuN in ZvZ? I'd definitely give him better-than-50 odds against him in Blizzcon.

I don't know how Snute does when his opponents are given time to prepare for him.
kiss kiss fall in love
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
October 30 2014 14:12 GMT
#21097
Morning guys, how's the dead thread doing?
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
H8
Profile Joined October 2013
Czech Republic563 Posts
October 30 2014 14:13 GMT
#21098
On October 30 2014 23:12 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Morning guys, how's the dead thread doing?


EU carry as always, NA passion long dead.
The Three Musketeers of EU Passion! TheBloodyDwarf, H8 and Sakat
Deathstar
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
9150 Posts
October 30 2014 14:13 GMT
#21099
On October 30 2014 22:45 goody153 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 30 2014 21:40 Sakat wrote:
I hope at least two foreigners make Blizzcon next year

Or flash just flash.

GDI flash ! why can't you go through r16


It's harder for koreans who play exclusively in korea to qualify for blizzcon
rip passion
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
October 30 2014 14:13 GMT
#21100
On October 30 2014 23:12 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Morning guys, how's the dead thread doing?

NA passion died
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
Prev 1 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1091 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 871
Hyuk 532
soO 429
Mini 191
ZerO 121
Killer 59
Shinee 50
Mind 41
Mong 28
Bale 27
[ Show more ]
PianO 24
ZergMaN 13
HiyA 12
Terrorterran 11
yabsab 10
Dota 2
XaKoH 748
XcaliburYe335
League of Legends
JimRising 447
Counter-Strike
byalli523
Other Games
olofmeister852
ceh9633
Happy339
crisheroes188
Livibee182
Mew2King63
ArmadaUGS58
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick584
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH384
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2278
League of Legends
• Rush1227
• Jankos1223
• Stunt418
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 23m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
2h 23m
Monday Night Weeklies
7h 23m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 15h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.