• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:14
CEST 08:14
KST 15:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9638 users

Heart of the Swarm beta coming soon! - Page 111

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 109 110 111 112 113 144 Next
Do not use this thread to beg users for beta access or trade access with others. Thanks.
PresenceSc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4032 Posts
September 04 2012 13:22 GMT
#2201
On September 04 2012 22:18 Snowbear wrote:
Guys I actually think that every sc2 owner will receive a beta key, I just feel it...

positive thinking. I like it
Stephano//HerO//TaeJa//Squirtle//Bomber
Tppz!
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany1449 Posts
September 04 2012 13:23 GMT
#2202
On September 04 2012 22:17 Existor wrote:
Digging in HotS resources and found some interesting ability and unit icons:

- here are another 2 different Swarm Hosts - greeny Carrion and purplish with spines Creeper
- remember flying locusts on early arts? They are in icons
- we have 2 icons of widow mine activation/deactivation that are red/green
- found Syphon ability for Corruptor. Don't know is it removed or not
- ocular parasite icon too, but it was removed long time ago

[image loading]


could you please upload a screen with better quality?
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51546 Posts
September 04 2012 13:23 GMT
#2203
On September 04 2012 22:19 MavercK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 22:14 BLinD-RawR wrote:
On September 04 2012 22:04 MavercK wrote:
so spider mines can't be targeted at all by anything once they are in the air. not by marines nor point defense drone. they are a guaranteed hit. fairly disappointing but oh well.


:/

that needs to be fixed, it means that you need a unit with 6 range to clear them out easily.

do they hit cloaked units when cloaked?


their target filter says Visible: Required
this would indicate they do not hit cloaked units unless they are revealed.


oh well that is some compensation, then again I forgot that would have totally killed observers
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
johnny123
Profile Joined February 2012
521 Posts
September 04 2012 13:23 GMT
#2204
On September 04 2012 22:11 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 21:57 Illiterate wrote:
Is anyone else pissing themselves in excitement?


I am eager to have a play because I'm a bit bored lately.
I'm actually not looking forward to what this will do to the multiplayer game of SC2 as it is. Several of the units show a clear lack of foresight and direction to me in their design. I hope I'm wrong but I suspect not. The simplest way to put it is "gimmicky" even though it's a bit of a catchall word.

I feel like SC2 only just reached a point of stability and interesting gameplay in the last 6 months, it's aobut to be pissed away.



i am not really worried, you cant expect new units to be added without braking the entire foundation . Question is, will the end result be a better one than wings of liberty? i'd say yes, from a design standpoint
Favorite players,Stephano/MVP/Nestea/Gumiho/Life/Jaedong/MMA
TheWorldToCome
Profile Joined January 2012
United States452 Posts
September 04 2012 13:24 GMT
#2205
On September 04 2012 22:22 Za7oX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 22:18 Snowbear wrote:
Guys I actually think that every sc2 owner will receive a beta key, I just feel it...

positive thinking. I like it


Well that might be true, but not everyone right at the beginning of the beta. There were waves of invites last time.
Starcraft 2 was designed to have a best race. You play the worst one.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 13:26:20
September 04 2012 13:24 GMT
#2206
STORY SPOILER

+ Show Spoiler +
Somewhere in HotS we will fight on Zerus planet - the main homeworld of Zergs, where they born.

Zerus - as we can see, jungles and lava. We saw that tileset, but only now we know, that it's a homeworld of Zerg
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Zerus

[image loading]


Some new planets from loading screens

Rendezvous

[image loading]


Korhal - it's dark and reminds me about Xel'Naga

[image loading]

Rah
Profile Joined February 2010
United States973 Posts
September 04 2012 13:24 GMT
#2207
On September 04 2012 22:22 Za7oX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 22:18 Snowbear wrote:
Guys I actually think that every sc2 owner will receive a beta key, I just feel it...

positive thinking. I like it


overhype > disappointment > anger > boycott

The cycle has begun.
Streaming on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/rahsun86
Wildmoon
Profile Joined December 2011
Thailand4189 Posts
September 04 2012 13:25 GMT
#2208
On September 04 2012 22:24 Existor wrote:
STORY SPOILER

+ Show Spoiler +
Somewhere in HotS we will fight on Zerus planet - the main homeworld of Zergs, where they born.

Zerus

[image loading]


Some new planets from loading screens

Rendezvous

[image loading]


Korhal

[image loading]



So freaking excited.!!
Gben592
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom281 Posts
September 04 2012 13:27 GMT
#2209
Oh man neural parasite + viper is going to be absolute win :O All your thors/motherships/colossi are belong to me!
"The more skilled player is the one who wins, and I don't think there's better balance than what we have now." INnoVation
pischner
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany6 Posts
September 04 2012 13:27 GMT
#2210
can wait for it to use the widdow mine =)
www.penta-sports.com / www.facebook.com/pentasports
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 13:34:59
September 04 2012 13:31 GMT
#2211
Guardains and Devourers will be in HotS Campaign
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
September 04 2012 13:32 GMT
#2212
Wouldn't it be funny if tastosis would be like "oh btw beta is going live 10 mins after this broadcast"?
Not that I believe it will happen, would just be a nice way of announcing it while supporting gom.
Cabinet Sanchez
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia1097 Posts
September 04 2012 13:32 GMT
#2213
On September 04 2012 22:23 johnny123 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 22:11 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
On September 04 2012 21:57 Illiterate wrote:
Is anyone else pissing themselves in excitement?


I am eager to have a play because I'm a bit bored lately.
I'm actually not looking forward to what this will do to the multiplayer game of SC2 as it is. Several of the units show a clear lack of foresight and direction to me in their design. I hope I'm wrong but I suspect not. The simplest way to put it is "gimmicky" even though it's a bit of a catchall word.

I feel like SC2 only just reached a point of stability and interesting gameplay in the last 6 months, it's aobut to be pissed away.



i am not really worried, you cant expect new units to be added without braking the entire foundation . Question is, will the end result be a better one than wings of liberty? i'd say yes, from a design standpoint



That's where we disagree, I see several units being included in this as just cookie cutter idiot units from some kind of dumb B level RTS developed by people new to the genre.
Battle Hellion and Warhound come to mind.
Arkani
Profile Joined February 2012
Austria60 Posts
September 04 2012 13:32 GMT
#2214
let the hunger games begin.. ^^
looking forward to it
Grubby, Life, Jaedong, CoCa, MarineKing, TY, Maru
Illiterate
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Netherlands49 Posts
September 04 2012 13:33 GMT
#2215
@MaverCK: Are the Widowmines actually burrowed and invisible? Or just activated and "sieged" without being able to move?
It's better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Wildmoon
Profile Joined December 2011
Thailand4189 Posts
September 04 2012 13:34 GMT
#2216
On September 04 2012 22:32 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 22:23 johnny123 wrote:
On September 04 2012 22:11 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
On September 04 2012 21:57 Illiterate wrote:
Is anyone else pissing themselves in excitement?


I am eager to have a play because I'm a bit bored lately.
I'm actually not looking forward to what this will do to the multiplayer game of SC2 as it is. Several of the units show a clear lack of foresight and direction to me in their design. I hope I'm wrong but I suspect not. The simplest way to put it is "gimmicky" even though it's a bit of a catchall word.

I feel like SC2 only just reached a point of stability and interesting gameplay in the last 6 months, it's aobut to be pissed away.



i am not really worried, you cant expect new units to be added without braking the entire foundation . Question is, will the end result be a better one than wings of liberty? i'd say yes, from a design standpoint



That's where we disagree, I see several units being included in this as just cookie cutter idiot units from some kind of dumb B level RTS developed by people new to the genre.
Battle Hellion and Warhound come to mind.


We will have to wait and see.
MavercK
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2181 Posts
September 04 2012 13:34 GMT
#2217
On September 04 2012 22:33 Illiterate wrote:
@MaverCK: Are the Widowmines actually burrowed and invisible? Or just activated and "sieged" without being able to move?


they are burrowed

http://imgur.com/a/CvTJP#0

new tilesets
Brood War Remake - SC2BW - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=145316
johnny123
Profile Joined February 2012
521 Posts
September 04 2012 13:35 GMT
#2218
On September 04 2012 21:51 Yonnua wrote:
I feel like if they took autocast off the warhound it would actually be a pretty decent unit. Encourages micro, but not too extensive as its essentially just spam click every few seconds and you get a decent reward for doing so.

EDIT: That said, banshees to force stalkers in to warhound would make for a really tough 1/1/1 to deal with...



hows 1/1/1 a problem with mothership core defense? stop thinking in WOL terms.lawl
Favorite players,Stephano/MVP/Nestea/Gumiho/Life/Jaedong/MMA
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
September 04 2012 13:35 GMT
#2219
MEGA-STORY SPOILER!!!!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
September 04 2012 13:35 GMT
#2220
On September 04 2012 22:32 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 22:23 johnny123 wrote:
On September 04 2012 22:11 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
On September 04 2012 21:57 Illiterate wrote:
Is anyone else pissing themselves in excitement?


I am eager to have a play because I'm a bit bored lately.
I'm actually not looking forward to what this will do to the multiplayer game of SC2 as it is. Several of the units show a clear lack of foresight and direction to me in their design. I hope I'm wrong but I suspect not. The simplest way to put it is "gimmicky" even though it's a bit of a catchall word.

I feel like SC2 only just reached a point of stability and interesting gameplay in the last 6 months, it's aobut to be pissed away.



i am not really worried, you cant expect new units to be added without braking the entire foundation . Question is, will the end result be a better one than wings of liberty? i'd say yes, from a design standpoint



That's where we disagree, I see several units being included in this as just cookie cutter idiot units from some kind of dumb B level RTS developed by people new to the genre.
Battle Hellion and Warhound come to mind.


Battle hellion makes sense in a way, if it was its own thing. And warhound could work if there was no marauder.

Thats how I see it.

The one thing I dont like about the battle hellion -- it gains more hp. How the hell does that make any sort of intuitive sense.

And how does that work when the unit is damaged?
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Prev 1 109 110 111 112 113 144 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 109
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 443
Hyuk 336
Leta 167
Hyun 85
ZergMaN 14
Hm[arnc] 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm229
League of Legends
JimRising 762
Other Games
summit1g8975
WinterStarcraft509
Mew2King66
ArmadaUGS61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick835
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2310
League of Legends
• Rush1479
• Lourlo1127
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 46m
INu's Battles
5h 46m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 46m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 46m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 46m
Replay Cast
16h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.