• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:22
CEST 17:22
KST 00:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9432 users

Heart of the Swarm beta coming soon! - Page 109

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 107 108 109 110 111 144 Next
Do not use this thread to beg users for beta access or trade access with others. Thanks.
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
September 04 2012 13:03 GMT
#2161
On September 04 2012 22:02 BobMcJohnson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 21:59 pmp10 wrote:
So still no word on streams or NDA status?
Would prefer to see those units in practice.

Beta has not started and servers are not up, people are making the videos with the map editor, and can only play vs AI, so no streams. Blizz said that the Beta won't be under NDA once it starts, so I expect people to stream it then.

I want this post to be in OP.
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
pmp10
Profile Joined April 2012
3399 Posts
September 04 2012 13:03 GMT
#2162
On September 04 2012 22:02 BobMcJohnson wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 21:59 pmp10 wrote:
So still no word on streams or NDA status?
Would prefer to see those units in practice.

Beta has not started and servers are not up, people are making the videos with the map editor, and can only play vs AI, so no streams. Blizz said that the Beta won't be under NDA once it starts, so I expect people to stream it then.

Thanks.
MavercK
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2181 Posts
September 04 2012 13:04 GMT
#2163
so spider mines can't be targeted at all by anything once they are in the air. not by marines nor point defense drone. they are a guaranteed hit. fairly disappointing but oh well.
Brood War Remake - SC2BW - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=145316
pallad
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland1958 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 13:04:37
September 04 2012 13:04 GMT
#2164
On September 04 2012 22:01 Existor wrote:
Can someone test, does Widow Mines trigger against locusts/infesteds/broodlings ?


and vs workers...I know its stupid question , but i wanna know if workers are immume to them or no..
SC 2 -LingsLover- EU -- Jaedong , NesTea , Nerchio , DRG , Moon , Oz , Tarson , Scarlett -- Dota 2 Pallad EU- NaVi - LGD
Yonnua
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2331 Posts
September 04 2012 13:04 GMT
#2165
On September 04 2012 21:58 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 21:51 Yonnua wrote:
I feel like if they took autocast off the warhound it would actually be a pretty decent unit. Encourages micro, but not too extensive as its essentially just spam click every few seconds and you get a decent reward for doing so.

EDIT: That said, banshees to force stalkers in to warhound would make for a really tough 1/1/1 to deal with...


Banshees already force stalkers (not enough), and they are already horrible against scv marine tank at the dangerous 1-1-1 timings, unless you mean a non-all-in variation?


I'm pretty sure you could do a non-all-in version but if you simply substituted the tanks in a 1/1/1 for Warhounds I feel like it would be so much stronger. Maybe 1 tank with it but I feel overall with marines to snipe zealots (maybe a hellion or two) and warhounds tanking and killing stalkers you could hit a much, much stronger timing. In general gameplay I don't see warhounds as a major issue for TvP. Bio with immortal support should pretty much roll mass warhounds.
LRSL 2014 Finalist! PartinG | Mvp | Bomber | Creator | NaNiwa | herO
Rah
Profile Joined February 2010
United States973 Posts
September 04 2012 13:04 GMT
#2166
On September 04 2012 21:55 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 21:47 Rah wrote:
On September 04 2012 21:29 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
On September 04 2012 21:28 Rah wrote:
On September 04 2012 20:34 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
On September 04 2012 20:20 Rah wrote:
I think I love warhound now just because of the panicking that it's causing in some of the protoss players on this thread. I don't know if I've ever seen a unit inspire so much terror except for maybe the new mine. Oh no terran's getting something good besides the marine, nerf it!! So funny. Immortal's still going to be as ridiculous as it is now vs mech, don't worry boys.


It's not about playing, I'm shit, I'll always be shit - I don't care about me.
I care about e-sports, I care about good matches being casted which are dynamic, exciting and interesting.
This unit genuinely looks like shit to esports to me, utter trash.


I get it the common consensus right now is that terran winning games without fighting an enormous uphill micro battle = bad for e-sports, but if this unit brings the matchup any closer to Broodwar TvP then consider e-sports improved.



Make the other races deal with an uphill micro battle at the pro level don't dumb it down evenly instead :/
I like seeing cool shit that *I* could never do - you don't see enough (not to say I'm that good but you get me, I hope)

eg: recently squirtle did some slick as fuck warp prism zeppelin micro in a match, it was great.


If Micro was all that could be interesting at a pro level, everyone would be watching WC3 right now. I'd like to see positional play be an option for other match ups besides TvT. Protoss breaking terran lines used to be tense to watch. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's dumbed down.



DOTA2 answers your post. It's micro intensive and it's popular.
Also War 3 is old - it still has a lot of fans and the awesome micro helps that.

TvT is the only good mirror matchup in the game, PvP is intense but repetitive and annoying.


If you've seen a good Broodwar PvT then you know what I'm talking about. TvT is good for the same reason. I agree that micro is fun to watch, but there's potential for more diversity within the matchups so they should work towards that. It's refreshing to see them taking steps in that direction.

I like how the new instant cast widowmine has gotten so far such a positive response out of everyone since Blizzard basically copied it straight from Broodwar. Take note.
Streaming on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/rahsun86
dartoo
Profile Joined May 2010
India2889 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 13:07:38
September 04 2012 13:05 GMT
#2167
On September 04 2012 21:53 Gosi wrote:
Wow, I cringe so bad when I watch the swarm host, tempest and battle hellion. Warhound in its current state aswell because it just looks so big and ugly.

And I have a feeling that the mines won't work like spider mines when the game hits retail. Seeing how they have made the game even more noob friendly, people who haven't played BW and don't know how to handle mines will scream OP and shit. Just wait and see.

I wanna see a high master+ HotS mech game now.




I was kinda thinking of new the spider mine, from the videos I've seen (one with zerglings and mines) it seems like it isnt possible to micro against it like de-mining with goons. it's kinda insta hit. If you cant do that..then it is going to be very different....I agree with the war hound too..a lot of people were expecting the model to be changed.
MavercK
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2181 Posts
September 04 2012 13:06 GMT
#2168
On September 04 2012 22:04 pallad wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 22:01 Existor wrote:
Can someone test, does Widow Mines trigger against locusts/infesteds/broodlings ?


and vs workers...I know its stupid question , but i wanna know if workers are immume to them or no..


they target workers, they do not target timed life units. such as mules, infested terrans, broodlings, etc.
Brood War Remake - SC2BW - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=145316
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
September 04 2012 13:06 GMT
#2169
On September 04 2012 21:39 MavercK wrote:


so .. you cant kill the mines when they launch?

no mine drag?
starleague forever
malaan
Profile Joined September 2010
365 Posts
September 04 2012 13:07 GMT
#2170
Widowmines look amazing. Seriously amazing. I was concerned for them during the announcements and previous forms, but now they look great.
paddyz
Profile Joined May 2011
Ireland628 Posts
September 04 2012 13:09 GMT
#2171
Zerg:
Ultralisks' frenzied ability have not been deleted.

Terrian:
Widow mines' damage was decreased to 160 from 200.
BCs' damage to ground was increased to 10 from 8.
Reapers' regeneration ability doesn't need research, the upgrade to their speed is still there.

Protoss:
Oracles' cloak field ability was deleted, instead, they can scan a target area, all cloaked and burrowed units will be visible for 20s.
Tempests' damage decreased to 30 and no longer have additional damage to massive units, attack speed decreased from 6 to 3.3.
The purifier ability of mothership core has been changed to 25 damage, range 7 lasts 45 seconds from 60 damage, range 13 lasts 20 seconds.
Mothership core now have a new ugly model.
Mothership core now can move with a speed of 0.47.
Mothership core's teleport to nexus ability has been deleted.
Mothership core now have 100 shield and 150 Hp, down from 350/350.
Mothership core's charge ability now costs 100 energy, increased from 25.
Mothership now have cloak field ability.
Mothership's vortex ability now stun the units in target area for 20s and prevent any damage to these units.



NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I have hated so many blizz patches. the widow mines doing 160 damage particularly pisses me off, how convenient that its the exact amount needed to kill a stalker.
The only thing I like is the oracle having a scan like ability. The carrier still needs to be brought back with a buff, the mothership needs a frenzy like attribute and broodlings screwing over patching needs to be fixed along with an infestor change. Plz remove warhound.
Dingobloo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia1903 Posts
September 04 2012 13:09 GMT
#2172
On September 04 2012 22:05 dartoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 21:53 Gosi wrote:
Wow, I cringe so bad when I watch the swarm host, tempest and battle hellion. Warhound in its current state aswell because it just looks so big and ugly.

And I have a feeling that the mines won't work like spider mines when the game hits retail. Seeing how they have made the game even more noob friendly, people who haven't played BW and don't know how to handle mines will scream OP and shit. Just wait and see.

I wanna see a high master+ HotS mech game now.




I was kinda thinking of new the spider mine, from the videos I've seen (one with zerglings and mines) it seems like it isnt possible to micro against it like de-mining with goons. it's kinda insta hit. If you cant do that..then it is going to be very different....I agree with the war hound too..a lot of people were expecting the model to be changed.


The model has been changed, maybe not as drastically as some people would like, but it's definitely different from the one they showed initially.

I don't mind it.
PresenceSc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4032 Posts
September 04 2012 13:10 GMT
#2173
On September 04 2012 22:04 MavercK wrote:
so spider mines can't be targeted at all by anything once they are in the air. not by marines nor point defense drone. they are a guaranteed hit. fairly disappointing but oh well.

how about fungle?
Stephano//HerO//TaeJa//Squirtle//Bomber
Belisarius
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia6233 Posts
September 04 2012 13:11 GMT
#2174
Wait, the core doesn't have recall anymore?

So it's pretty much just point defense now. What the hell. How is that interesting?
Cabinet Sanchez
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia1097 Posts
September 04 2012 13:11 GMT
#2175
On September 04 2012 21:57 Illiterate wrote:
Is anyone else pissing themselves in excitement?


I am eager to have a play because I'm a bit bored lately.
I'm actually not looking forward to what this will do to the multiplayer game of SC2 as it is. Several of the units show a clear lack of foresight and direction to me in their design. I hope I'm wrong but I suspect not. The simplest way to put it is "gimmicky" even though it's a bit of a catchall word.

I feel like SC2 only just reached a point of stability and interesting gameplay in the last 6 months, it's aobut to be pissed away.
MavercK
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2181 Posts
September 04 2012 13:12 GMT
#2176
On September 04 2012 22:06 a176 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 21:39 MavercK wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB2tqx1rlTM&feature=youtu.be


so .. you cant kill the mines when they launch?

no mine drag?


they can't be killed while in the air
they do have a 1.5 second delay. they can be dragged abit and they do friendly splash damage.
Brood War Remake - SC2BW - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=145316
Brahoono
Profile Joined September 2012
119 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 13:15:00
September 04 2012 13:13 GMT
#2177
On September 04 2012 22:09 paddyz wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I have hated so many blizz patches. the widow mines doing 160 damage particularly pisses me off, how convenient that its the exact amount needed to kill a stalker.
The only thing I like is the oracle having a scan like ability. The carrier still needs to be brought back with a buff, the mothership needs a frenzy like attribute and broodlings screwing over patching needs to be fixed along with an infestor change. Plz remove warhound.



Oracle with a scan like ability is the dumbest thing ever imho. Races have to be different..,.


And these mines are probably the only actually cool unit terran will get. Battlehellions and especially warhounds are pretty boring.
dartoo
Profile Joined May 2010
India2889 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 13:15:54
September 04 2012 13:13 GMT
#2178
On September 04 2012 22:09 Dingobloo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 22:05 dartoo wrote:
On September 04 2012 21:53 Gosi wrote:
Wow, I cringe so bad when I watch the swarm host, tempest and battle hellion. Warhound in its current state aswell because it just looks so big and ugly.

And I have a feeling that the mines won't work like spider mines when the game hits retail. Seeing how they have made the game even more noob friendly, people who haven't played BW and don't know how to handle mines will scream OP and shit. Just wait and see.

I wanna see a high master+ HotS mech game now.




I was kinda thinking of new the spider mine, from the videos I've seen (one with zerglings and mines) it seems like it isnt possible to micro against it like de-mining with goons. it's kinda insta hit. If you cant do that..then it is going to be very different....I agree with the war hound too..a lot of people were expecting the model to be changed.


The model has been changed, maybe not as drastically as some people would like, but it's definitely different from the one they showed initially.

I don't mind it.



I'm talking about the one above..the one with lings...basically no mine dragging.
The oficial video was the one where it would attach and take a few seconds to explode, that was the one that was changed , looks like the new one is the video above (date sep 4)?
Gben592
Profile Joined August 2012
United Kingdom281 Posts
September 04 2012 13:14 GMT
#2179
Hmmm, I kinda like the current widow mine, they look cool anyway, and just "feel" powerful. I do think it might be nice to be able to escape from the mine if you run just far enough forward to set it off and then run back...

Either way, they seem much more powerful now, which is good :D
"The more skilled player is the one who wins, and I don't think there's better balance than what we have now." INnoVation
ZeromuS
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada13426 Posts
September 04 2012 13:14 GMT
#2180
On September 04 2012 22:13 Brahoono wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 22:09 paddyz wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I have hated so many blizz patches. the widow mines doing 160 damage particularly pisses me off, how convenient that its the exact amount needed to kill a stalker.
The only thing I like is the oracle having a scan like ability. The carrier still needs to be brought back with a buff, the mothership needs a frenzy like attribute and broodlings screwing over patching needs to be fixed along with an infestor change. Plz remove warhound.



Oracle with a scan like ability is the dumbest thing ever imho. Races have to be different


I liked the idea of cloaking to be honest. It seemed super cool. Imagine oracle, entomb all game.

Then a warp prism but cloaked

Then zealots, zealots everywhere muahaha
StrategyRTS forever | @ZeromuS_plays | www.twitch.tv/Zeromus_
Prev 1 107 108 109 110 111 144 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem195
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 219
Railgan 87
IndyStarCraft 73
trigger 47
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 54628
Shuttle 7737
BeSt 677
Horang2 484
actioN 299
Larva 255
Sexy 170
ggaemo 146
Soma 141
Mind 111
[ Show more ]
Last 111
Zeus 80
hero 56
Hyun 55
Killer 52
Sea.KH 52
Aegong 50
Bale 28
ToSsGirL 28
PianO 21
Rock 18
NaDa 14
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4933
qojqva2860
Dendi1474
420jenkins457
Fuzer 120
Counter-Strike
fl0m3546
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1167
Liquid`Hasu791
MindelVK9
Other Games
singsing1004
B2W.Neo915
Beastyqt668
Mlord462
byalli399
Livibee245
ArmadaUGS215
Hui .189
KnowMe116
QueenE84
Mew2King53
CosmosSc2 30
Chillindude23
FrodaN15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick788
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream52
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 63
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3132
League of Legends
• Nemesis2843
Other Games
• WagamamaTV209
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 38m
Replay Cast
7h 38m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 38m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
19h 38m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 19h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.