• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:20
CEST 00:20
KST 07:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7990 users

Heart of the Swarm beta coming soon! - Page 112

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 110 111 112 113 114 144 Next
Do not use this thread to beg users for beta access or trade access with others. Thanks.
Cabinet Sanchez
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia1097 Posts
September 04 2012 13:37 GMT
#2221
On September 04 2012 22:35 Existor wrote:
MEGA-STORY SPOILER!!!!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Goddamn, not clicking - I'm big on campaign I just hope it's better than WoL - ugh
dartoo
Profile Joined May 2010
India2889 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 13:40:45
September 04 2012 13:38 GMT
#2222
On September 04 2012 22:35 Existor wrote:
MEGA-STORY SPOILER!!!!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler +

Well, it's not really a big spoiler..because they already showed her as zerg in the single player game play video trailer, and also showed us the mission that pic comes in...only thing is they didnt mention if it was after wol or just after brood war.
gedatsu
Profile Joined December 2011
1286 Posts
September 04 2012 13:38 GMT
#2223
On September 04 2012 22:35 Existor wrote:
MEGA-STORY SPOILER!!!!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

I have got to stop clicking the story spoiler buttons.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
September 04 2012 13:39 GMT
#2224
Well, it's not really a big spoiler..because they already showed her as zerg in the single player game play video...only thing is they didnt mention if it was after wol or just after brood war.

In HotS single she was always with ghost skin, but
+ Show Spoiler +
not on this art
Rimak
Profile Joined January 2012
Denmark434 Posts
September 04 2012 13:39 GMT
#2225
On September 04 2012 22:38 gedatsu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 22:35 Existor wrote:
MEGA-STORY SPOILER!!!!

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

I have got to stop clicking the story spoiler buttons.

Y agree, going to regret it later on.
2000 Jungler 66% Hecarim, 63% Volibear, 60% Jarvan IV
Cabinet Sanchez
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia1097 Posts
September 04 2012 13:40 GMT
#2226
Good job Dartoo, fucking clever mate - oh and not all of us watch the single player gameplay videos.
On a scale of 1 to derp,........
Evangelist
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
1246 Posts
September 04 2012 13:40 GMT
#2227
On September 04 2012 22:32 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 22:23 johnny123 wrote:
On September 04 2012 22:11 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
On September 04 2012 21:57 Illiterate wrote:
Is anyone else pissing themselves in excitement?


I am eager to have a play because I'm a bit bored lately.
I'm actually not looking forward to what this will do to the multiplayer game of SC2 as it is. Several of the units show a clear lack of foresight and direction to me in their design. I hope I'm wrong but I suspect not. The simplest way to put it is "gimmicky" even though it's a bit of a catchall word.

I feel like SC2 only just reached a point of stability and interesting gameplay in the last 6 months, it's aobut to be pissed away.



i am not really worried, you cant expect new units to be added without braking the entire foundation . Question is, will the end result be a better one than wings of liberty? i'd say yes, from a design standpoint



That's where we disagree, I see several units being included in this as just cookie cutter idiot units from some kind of dumb B level RTS developed by people new to the genre.
Battle Hellion and Warhound come to mind.


Er.

The Battle Hellion is just a mechanical Firebat. If you're really that stressed about it, shouldn't you be blaming Brood War for it?
Brahoono
Profile Joined September 2012
119 Posts
September 04 2012 13:43 GMT
#2228
On September 04 2012 22:40 Evangelist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 22:32 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
On September 04 2012 22:23 johnny123 wrote:
On September 04 2012 22:11 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
On September 04 2012 21:57 Illiterate wrote:
Is anyone else pissing themselves in excitement?


I am eager to have a play because I'm a bit bored lately.
I'm actually not looking forward to what this will do to the multiplayer game of SC2 as it is. Several of the units show a clear lack of foresight and direction to me in their design. I hope I'm wrong but I suspect not. The simplest way to put it is "gimmicky" even though it's a bit of a catchall word.

I feel like SC2 only just reached a point of stability and interesting gameplay in the last 6 months, it's aobut to be pissed away.



i am not really worried, you cant expect new units to be added without braking the entire foundation . Question is, will the end result be a better one than wings of liberty? i'd say yes, from a design standpoint



That's where we disagree, I see several units being included in this as just cookie cutter idiot units from some kind of dumb B level RTS developed by people new to the genre.
Battle Hellion and Warhound come to mind.


Er.

The Battle Hellion is just a mechanical Firebat. If you're really that stressed about it, shouldn't you be blaming Brood War for it?


Battle Hellions are acceptable, but the Warhound on the other hand is just stupid...same with the Tempest.
Cabinet Sanchez
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia1097 Posts
September 04 2012 13:44 GMT
#2229
On September 04 2012 22:40 Evangelist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 22:32 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
On September 04 2012 22:23 johnny123 wrote:
On September 04 2012 22:11 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
On September 04 2012 21:57 Illiterate wrote:
Is anyone else pissing themselves in excitement?


I am eager to have a play because I'm a bit bored lately.
I'm actually not looking forward to what this will do to the multiplayer game of SC2 as it is. Several of the units show a clear lack of foresight and direction to me in their design. I hope I'm wrong but I suspect not. The simplest way to put it is "gimmicky" even though it's a bit of a catchall word.

I feel like SC2 only just reached a point of stability and interesting gameplay in the last 6 months, it's aobut to be pissed away.



i am not really worried, you cant expect new units to be added without braking the entire foundation . Question is, will the end result be a better one than wings of liberty? i'd say yes, from a design standpoint



That's where we disagree, I see several units being included in this as just cookie cutter idiot units from some kind of dumb B level RTS developed by people new to the genre.
Battle Hellion and Warhound come to mind.


Er.

The Battle Hellion is just a mechanical Firebat. If you're really that stressed about it, shouldn't you be blaming Brood War for it?



Brood war had a completely different setup of unit diversity, this is not apples and oranges when you factor in what other units can do.
Terran has the most ridiculous compelation of units now, between marine, seige tank, marauder, thor, viking, battle hellion, warhound they basically have every goddamn angle covered a little too convieniently.
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
September 04 2012 13:46 GMT
#2230
On September 04 2012 22:43 Brahoono wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 22:40 Evangelist wrote:
On September 04 2012 22:32 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
On September 04 2012 22:23 johnny123 wrote:
On September 04 2012 22:11 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
On September 04 2012 21:57 Illiterate wrote:
Is anyone else pissing themselves in excitement?


I am eager to have a play because I'm a bit bored lately.
I'm actually not looking forward to what this will do to the multiplayer game of SC2 as it is. Several of the units show a clear lack of foresight and direction to me in their design. I hope I'm wrong but I suspect not. The simplest way to put it is "gimmicky" even though it's a bit of a catchall word.

I feel like SC2 only just reached a point of stability and interesting gameplay in the last 6 months, it's aobut to be pissed away.



i am not really worried, you cant expect new units to be added without braking the entire foundation . Question is, will the end result be a better one than wings of liberty? i'd say yes, from a design standpoint



That's where we disagree, I see several units being included in this as just cookie cutter idiot units from some kind of dumb B level RTS developed by people new to the genre.
Battle Hellion and Warhound come to mind.


Er.

The Battle Hellion is just a mechanical Firebat. If you're really that stressed about it, shouldn't you be blaming Brood War for it?


Battle Hellions are acceptable, but the Warhound on the other hand is just stupid...same with the Tempest.


If someone would erase all my memory about wol and show me all the new units they made from bw to star 2 I'd say the exact same thing about roach/marauder/colossi/fungal etc. pp.
This is just the first build of beta it's probably gonna take another year until we can talk about this game being balanced, way too early to call units stupid.
Draemscat
Profile Joined July 2011
Russian Federation6 Posts
September 04 2012 13:47 GMT
#2231
So where can we download the Unit Test Map with new units, the one that Maverick uses?
In Soviet Russia marines split you
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 13:58:15
September 04 2012 13:48 GMT
#2232
Looks like leaked ending was..

+ Show Spoiler +
Removed by mod!
Brahoono
Profile Joined September 2012
119 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 13:50:35
September 04 2012 13:50 GMT
#2233
On September 04 2012 22:46 Lorch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 22:43 Brahoono wrote:
On September 04 2012 22:40 Evangelist wrote:
On September 04 2012 22:32 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
On September 04 2012 22:23 johnny123 wrote:
On September 04 2012 22:11 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
On September 04 2012 21:57 Illiterate wrote:
Is anyone else pissing themselves in excitement?


I am eager to have a play because I'm a bit bored lately.
I'm actually not looking forward to what this will do to the multiplayer game of SC2 as it is. Several of the units show a clear lack of foresight and direction to me in their design. I hope I'm wrong but I suspect not. The simplest way to put it is "gimmicky" even though it's a bit of a catchall word.

I feel like SC2 only just reached a point of stability and interesting gameplay in the last 6 months, it's aobut to be pissed away.



i am not really worried, you cant expect new units to be added without braking the entire foundation . Question is, will the end result be a better one than wings of liberty? i'd say yes, from a design standpoint



That's where we disagree, I see several units being included in this as just cookie cutter idiot units from some kind of dumb B level RTS developed by people new to the genre.
Battle Hellion and Warhound come to mind.


Er.

The Battle Hellion is just a mechanical Firebat. If you're really that stressed about it, shouldn't you be blaming Brood War for it?


Battle Hellions are acceptable, but the Warhound on the other hand is just stupid...same with the Tempest.


If someone would erase all my memory about wol and show me all the new units they made from bw to star 2 I'd say the exact same thing about roach/marauder/colossi/fungal etc. pp.
This is just the first build of beta it's probably gonna take another year until we can talk about this game being balanced, way too early to call units stupid.



Roach/Marauder/especially Colossi...(i like infestors) are pretty dumb units to begin with. So yeah I'd still call Warhound and Tempest incredibly dumb and very poorly designed. And this has like nothing to do with balancing the game.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 13:53:09
September 04 2012 13:51 GMT
#2234
Static portraits of new units

[image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading] [image loading]
pallad
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland1958 Posts
September 04 2012 13:52 GMT
#2235
On September 04 2012 22:48 Existor wrote:
Looks like leaked ending was..

+ Show Spoiler +
true. I found Mengsk dinasty logos, that are named "korhalmengsksymbol"

[image loading]
[image loading]


OMG its so good for sc team logo after some tweeks.. <3
And please stop posting these spoilers , im to waek and i just need to click it !!! sad me
SC 2 -LingsLover- EU -- Jaedong , NesTea , Nerchio , DRG , Moon , Oz , Tarson , Scarlett -- Dota 2 Pallad EU- NaVi - LGD
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12057 Posts
September 04 2012 13:52 GMT
#2236
Is http://i.imgur.com/g2Wy1.jpg the warhound? If so, he looks like a badass.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
September 04 2012 13:53 GMT
#2237
So can anyone who got it to work post like a tutorial on how to merge the mpqs and add them in the editor?
Wildmoon
Profile Joined December 2011
Thailand4189 Posts
September 04 2012 13:53 GMT
#2238
On September 04 2012 22:50 Brahoono wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2012 22:46 Lorch wrote:
On September 04 2012 22:43 Brahoono wrote:
On September 04 2012 22:40 Evangelist wrote:
On September 04 2012 22:32 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
On September 04 2012 22:23 johnny123 wrote:
On September 04 2012 22:11 Cabinet Sanchez wrote:
On September 04 2012 21:57 Illiterate wrote:
Is anyone else pissing themselves in excitement?


I am eager to have a play because I'm a bit bored lately.
I'm actually not looking forward to what this will do to the multiplayer game of SC2 as it is. Several of the units show a clear lack of foresight and direction to me in their design. I hope I'm wrong but I suspect not. The simplest way to put it is "gimmicky" even though it's a bit of a catchall word.

I feel like SC2 only just reached a point of stability and interesting gameplay in the last 6 months, it's aobut to be pissed away.



i am not really worried, you cant expect new units to be added without braking the entire foundation . Question is, will the end result be a better one than wings of liberty? i'd say yes, from a design standpoint



That's where we disagree, I see several units being included in this as just cookie cutter idiot units from some kind of dumb B level RTS developed by people new to the genre.
Battle Hellion and Warhound come to mind.


Er.

The Battle Hellion is just a mechanical Firebat. If you're really that stressed about it, shouldn't you be blaming Brood War for it?


Battle Hellions are acceptable, but the Warhound on the other hand is just stupid...same with the Tempest.


If someone would erase all my memory about wol and show me all the new units they made from bw to star 2 I'd say the exact same thing about roach/marauder/colossi/fungal etc. pp.
This is just the first build of beta it's probably gonna take another year until we can talk about this game being balanced, way too early to call units stupid.



Roach/Marauder/especially Colossi...(i like infestors) are pretty dumb units to begin with. So yeah I'd still call Warhound and Tempest incredibly dumb and very poorly designed. And this has like nothing to do with balancing the game.


Marauders turned out to be great imo. It made terran bio so strong in every MU.
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 13:58:54
September 04 2012 13:58 GMT
#2239
Why is the warhound driver disproportionally badass when compared to the complete lack of badassitude for the unit itself?

[image loading]

Petition to have the Warhound model just changed to him and his MANstache
DuckNuked
Profile Joined June 2012
France60 Posts
September 04 2012 14:00 GMT
#2240
Batlle Hellion is not a bad designed unit. Even if (which i doubt) it was the most a-move unit in RTS history.

Simply beacause he has 2 forms. And change from one to another will be essential. Who will use it against Hydra in batlle form ? They just can't reach them. But you'll need some for the extra HP and to protect your tank lines. You still need to be able to do some runbys etc...

Hellion will just be a great unit, like the viking should have been with a litlle more power on ground mode.
Terran Forum "TvP HELP", Protoss Forum "PvZ HELP!", Zerg Forum: "What use for Hydra???"
Prev 1 110 111 112 113 114 144 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O174
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft204
Nina 84
ViBE61
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14139
ZZZero.O 174
Dewaltoss 139
firebathero 97
Hyuk 72
Terrorterran 26
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm109
febbydoto56
League of Legends
Doublelift3782
Counter-Strike
Fnx 833
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5638
Other Games
summit1g6928
FrodaN2777
fl0m744
mouzStarbuck377
JimRising 294
KnowMe262
ToD188
ArmadaUGS144
Mew2King41
Railgan30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1160
BasetradeTV168
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream100
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 66
• musti20045 35
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie789
• Shiphtur207
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 40m
INu's Battles
13h 40m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
16h 40m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 40m
Replay Cast
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d 11h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 12h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 17h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.