• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:52
CEST 13:52
KST 20:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9011 users

2013 - What are you reading? - Page 33

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 58 Next
Apolo
Profile Joined May 2010
Portugal1259 Posts
May 04 2012 13:29 GMT
#641
[image loading]

Re-reading it to improve my CSS skills.
NeonFox
Profile Joined January 2011
2373 Posts
May 04 2012 13:33 GMT
#642
On May 02 2012 06:26 sperY wrote:
Read first two book about Diskworld by Terry Pratchett, really enjoyed his humor and decided to pick up few more books.
Just finished this:
[image loading]
Absolutely loved it! Never laughed so hard when reading a book


Read the whole series I promise you won't regret it!
KvltMan
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Sweden1609 Posts
May 04 2012 13:57 GMT
#643
I got "Snabba Cash", a Swedish book about organized crime for my bday, so I'm gonna read that one.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I also have two books by Nick Cave; "The Death of Bunny Monro" and "And the ass saw the angel". Haven't started with "Bunny" yet, but "Assangel" () is pretty interesting and, in lack of other words, fucked up. It's about a village that look up to their mayor like a diety. The story mostly follows that of a boy who's a son of homeless mountain people (like I said, fucked up) and how his father raises him.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[image loading]


Finally, I too jumped on the "Game of thrones"-bandwagon and got the first book in the series! I'm about 1 fifth through it, and it is simply amazing. Everything from the environments to Martin's great sense for detail makes it a really thrilling read.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I must also add that this is possibly one of the best songs to read the first chapters of the book to:
Get crunk
thalim90
Profile Joined April 2012
United States68 Posts
May 09 2012 01:17 GMT
#644
I'm reading the OP
Be the change you wish to see in the world :)
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
May 09 2012 03:03 GMT
#645
[image loading]
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
ghrur
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3786 Posts
May 09 2012 03:20 GMT
#646
Recently finished the Illiad (Homer) and Mythology by Edith Hamilton. Wondering what I should read next. I kind of want to read Metamorphoses by Ovid.
darkness overpowering
PassionFruit
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
294 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-09 04:19:15
May 09 2012 04:10 GMT
#647
[image loading]
So I'll finally be able to understand my mechanic when my car eventually needs an overhaul. It's gonna be soon. I've gone through the beginning chapters and it's a pretty straightforward text. Now I know all the basic parts of my engine and how they work together. And I didn't think the modern engine was so inefficient (25%). That's a lot of waste.

[image loading]
Time to hear what all the fuss is about. It's pretty good so far. I read only a chapter a day before bed.

[image loading]
And for fun, I'm relearning the fundamentals of calculus. Time to get to the soul of mathematics instead of just memorizing theorems. Heard Spivak's text is the best for a theoretical understanding. So far so good, except the problems are harder than fuck-all I did 7 years ago as a college freshman.
FuDDx *
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States5018 Posts
May 09 2012 04:17 GMT
#648
Ive been pilfering books from my daughters bookshelf's lately. I am currently reading Dandelion Fire the second book in the 100 Cupboards book. Actually decent for being a "kids" book. Been to lazy to hit the library or go to the bookstore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:100Cupboards-cover.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Balloon-Man-FuDD/237447769616965?ref=hl
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
May 09 2012 04:32 GMT
#649
Just finished:
[image loading]

Read this in five days after watching the movie. It was a surprisingly good read; book three was lacking, but it wasn't terrible. The writing style sucked, there was almost no character development, and the plot was linear; but overall, it was fun and enjoyable.

Reading:
[image loading]

I've been putting this off since last year hoping that I would catch a paperback version, but I finally gave up and started reading it. So far so good, a lot more engaging than book four to say the least.

Next up:
[image loading]

It's either going to be this, Ready Player One or 1Q84, but this book won out, and the others have to wait.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Makavillin
Profile Joined March 2011
113 Posts
May 11 2012 03:00 GMT
#650
On March 21 2012 10:55 p4NDemik wrote:
[image loading]

I haven't even gotten into the parts of the books that deal with the Rwandan genocide, but his stories pertaining to the October Crisis in Canada and the Anglo/francophone divide in Canada were really interesting and made me want to read more into those subjects. If that's any indication I'm pretty sure the rest of the book will be compelling.


Really good book. He's a Canadian hero. Sad that he was basically the only one who truly wanted change in Rwanda.
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-11 03:19:06
May 11 2012 03:18 GMT
#651
[image loading]
Plan to read this on my plane ride to Korea. The movie has always been one of my favorites, so hope the book is good. Didn't expect the book to be so huge though, almost 600 pages.
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
Enki
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
United States2548 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-11 19:19:28
May 11 2012 04:24 GMT
#652
Last Read:
[image loading]
The Ultimate History of Video Games - Pretty long read but it covers most of the happenings in the video game industry from pong and even earlier, to Nolan Bushnell and the founding and collapse of Atari, along with Nintendos history. It covers the history of the industry up until the PS2 and XBox launch, so early 2000's. Insightful read though, ended up learning a ton.

Reading Now:
[image loading]
A Storm of Swords - Back to the ASOIAF series. Only a few chapters in.

Reading Next:
[image loading]
A Feast for Crows - Continuing the series after. Heard its a pretty slow book though.
"Practice, practice, practice. And when you're not practicing you should be practicing. It's the only way to get better. The only way." I run the Smix Fanclub!
Hemlighest
Profile Joined March 2012
Denmark87 Posts
May 11 2012 15:58 GMT
#653
Just finished "A Dance with Dragons", and am now in a bit of a lul, can't decide what to read next, if anything. I have a decent collection of Discworld novels on my shelf, that I need to get through, but I've already exhausted all those where Death plays a major role (my fav character) - so I'm not too sure on which to choose.

After browsing the last couple of pages here, I'm getting slightly turned on to the thought of starting Wheel of Time - but isn't that the series that was never completed/author died, and someone else took over?
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-11 16:13:24
May 11 2012 16:07 GMT
#654
Steven Erikson - Malazan Book of the Fallen 9/10 - Dust of Dreams

[image loading]

There will be a vast emptiness inside of me when I finally finish that series. It is a wonderful experience to read those books.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Mordanis
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States893 Posts
May 30 2012 06:44 GMT
#655
Oh god. I went from this:

[image loading]

To this:
[image loading]


Needless to say, I am quite refreshed. I don't want to be "that guy" and say that all young adult fiction is shitty, but near the end of Inheritance, I just wanted to finish it quickly so I wouldn't have wasted all my time when I was younger. But LOTR just has so many little things that need to be appreciated that I just don't ever want to stop reading it. Which I probably never will with 30 hours of work and Calc two for summer school. Still, whenever I find time to read I always feel like the time was well spent.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like... victory. -_^ Favorite SC2 match ->Liquid`HerO vs. SlayerS CranK g.1 @MLG Summer Championship
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
May 30 2012 06:48 GMT
#656
[image loading]

Second time reading this. Amazing book from an amazing man. Africa has many problems but it can produce men of outstanding quality. Definitely worth a read.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
graan
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany589 Posts
May 30 2012 10:37 GMT
#657
On May 30 2012 15:44 Mordanis wrote:
Oh god. I went from this:

[image loading]

To this:
[image loading]


Needless to say, I am quite refreshed. I don't want to be "that guy" and say that all young adult fiction is shitty, but near the end of Inheritance, I just wanted to finish it quickly so I wouldn't have wasted all my time when I was younger. But LOTR just has so many little things that need to be appreciated that I just don't ever want to stop reading it. Which I probably never will with 30 hours of work and Calc two for summer school. Still, whenever I find time to read I always feel like the time was well spent.


I felt the same way when i picked up inheritance.. asking myself wtf, did i realy enjoy those books when i was younger ??

I'm very much into scandinavian thrillers the last years, needless to say Stieg Larson's triology is a great read, if you enjoyed those you might like Adler Olsen and my favourite Jo Nesbo:

[image loading]

They are for sure translated in english, but when i was browsing this thread i get the understanding scandinavian literature isnt that popular in the us. Maybe Finshers movie might change that !
Khul Sadukar
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1735 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-30 11:35:28
May 30 2012 11:34 GMT
#658
Just finished reading the ebook of

David Icke - I am me. I am free
[image loading]

Very interesting read. Makes more sense if you have watched some of his lectures. This is one of his older books. Can't find any of his stuff on amazon etc.

http://davidickebooks.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=9
I don't want to be part everything. I want to be something. - Weapon X
snotboogie
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia3550 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-31 06:34:56
May 31 2012 06:22 GMT
#659
After finishing the amazing Wool Series (at least the six that are out atm), I wanted to see what else Hugh Howey could offer. I've since completed reading The Hurricane, The Plagiarist and Half Way Home. Of these, my favourite was The Hurricane, which is a book that is totally free of Howey's usual sci fi. It's about a high school kid whose town is ravaged by a hurricane, and how the aftermath forces people to engage at a human level when electronics are down. A very charming book and I whooped in joy at some parts!

[image loading]


The other two books are really great as well. Half Way Home is a fantastic young adults sci fi book that deals with mature themes. It's about the adventures of a group of down-and-out people who are the first colonists on a new world. It's a thrilling adventure across an alien landscape but what really makes it work is the human interaction. We witness human behaviour play itself out in a very challenging, very demanding environment. The characters are great and especially the protagonist is very well fleshed out.

[image loading]

I've also purchased the first Molly Fyde book, but after reading some of it I've decided not to read this series as it's clearly aimed at a significantly younger audience. One thing is clear though: Hugh Howey can sure write.



Right now I'm reading:

[image loading]

Which continues Iggulden's Mongol series. It's historical fiction and covers the period of Ogedai Khan's rule, between the reigns of Genghis and Kublai. It's very interesting to read about what happened in this period, since popular culture and awareness of the Mongol Empire is focused on those two khans, with Ogedai usually treated as a byword, a "regular" man that gets lost in the shadow of these two giants of history.

peekn
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1152 Posts
May 31 2012 06:27 GMT
#660
Just got this bad boy in the mail today, can't wait to dig in!!! I keep seeing this Neil DeGrasse Tyson guy all over the place, and like listening to his lectures so I figure that I'd check out some of his literature.
[image loading]

Anyone else read this?
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 674
LiquipediaDiscussion
The PondCast
19:00
Episode 112
CranKy Ducklings SOOP8
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko385
OGKoka 223
Rex 64
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51201
Calm 3714
Shuttle 1791
Bisu 1214
FanTaSy 873
firebathero 370
Zeus 319
Hyuk 287
Stork 264
Soma 243
[ Show more ]
actioN 219
Mini 214
Rush 156
Light 148
Soulkey 132
EffOrt 123
Last 118
Snow 90
ZerO 80
Mong 75
Dewaltoss 72
Pusan 65
NotJumperer 47
Bale 41
Killer 39
Barracks 39
JYJ 39
Free 38
Shinee 34
sorry 33
Noble 32
ToSsGirL 29
Shine 28
hero 25
Aegong 22
Sharp 21
yabsab 16
HiyA 14
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
Gorgc5013
Dendi488
League of Legends
JimRising 301
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1372
kRYSTAL_311
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King93
Other Games
gofns36685
singsing1924
B2W.Neo455
crisheroes281
DeMusliM175
Livibee51
ZerO(Twitch)1
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 8m
OSC
10h 23m
Replay Cast
11h 8m
OSC
1d 11h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 22h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.