• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:06
CEST 22:06
KST 05:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7194 users

2013 - What are you reading? - Page 35

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 58 Next
kafkaesque
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Germany2006 Posts
June 17 2012 07:50 GMT
#681
I need some recommendations for (popular) crime literature, after heaving read "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and having enjoyed it quite a bit.

Also, if anyone has a good recommendation for literature on basic music theory, I'd love that.

| (• ◡•)|╯ ╰(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
MoonfireSpam
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1153 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-17 12:21:03
June 17 2012 08:59 GMT
#682
On June 17 2012 16:50 kafkaesque wrote:
I need some recommendations for (popular) crime literature, after heaving read "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and having enjoyed it quite a bit.

Also, if anyone has a good recommendation for literature on basic music theory, I'd love that.



I really enjoy Kathy Reich's books on which the Bones TV series was spawned from. Makes for some easy chilled reading.
Salteador Neo
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Andorra5591 Posts
June 17 2012 09:29 GMT
#683
On June 17 2012 16:50 kafkaesque wrote:
I need some recommendations for (popular) crime literature, after heaving read "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and having enjoyed it quite a bit.

Also, if anyone has a good recommendation for literature on basic music theory, I'd love that.



"Think of a Number" by John Verdon and "The Psicoanalist" by John Katzenbach. Both pretty good crime literature IMO.
Revolutionist fan
SometimesIworkout
Profile Joined June 2012
Cambodia75 Posts
June 17 2012 12:42 GMT
#684
Got a kindle recently, now reading everything that has passed into public domain
"my upper chest is weak" "you have no upper chest"
snotboogie
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Australia3550 Posts
June 17 2012 12:47 GMT
#685
On June 17 2012 07:18 {CC}StealthBlue wrote:
[image loading]

Anyone read his Night Dawn Series, any good?


Haven't read Night Dawn, but Pandora's Star is amazingly good space opera. Judas Unchained isn't as great, but finishes off the story well. The Void trilogy sucks, do not read it.
gasmeter
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United Kingdom251 Posts
June 17 2012 12:47 GMT
#686
For anybody who has never read James Patterson, I highly recommend reading the Alex Cross series, starting with 'Along Came A Spider'. Incredible books!
Polt | MMA | MarineKing | Flash | Mvp | NesTea | INnoVation
eSen1a
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Australia1058 Posts
June 17 2012 13:10 GMT
#687
[image loading]
[image loading]
sorrowptoss
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Canada1431 Posts
June 17 2012 13:19 GMT
#688
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
adiga
Profile Joined July 2011
495 Posts
June 17 2012 21:23 GMT
#689
[image loading]

Loved it, even though I thought I wouldn't really enjoy it because I'm a big fan of the movie, was a nice surprise how good it is.

[image loading]

Now reading:
[image loading]
The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
Alchemind
Profile Joined November 2010
Albania142 Posts
June 17 2012 23:02 GMT
#690
[image loading]
You are a fucking choir boy compared to me!!!! A choir boy!!!!
Topin
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Peru10128 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-17 23:31:28
June 17 2012 23:30 GMT
#691
[image loading]

6/10
i would define my style between a mix of ByuN, Maru and MKP
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
June 17 2012 23:39 GMT
#692
im going to be reading Silas Marner
[image loading]
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
SEGGLE
Profile Joined June 2012
11 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-18 00:09:22
June 18 2012 00:08 GMT
#693
Currently reading a book I've read a dozen times already, Groundwork of the Metaphysics of Morals (Immanuel Kant).

I've been reading from a very early age (captain obvious right here) but more in the direction of philosophical and psychological novels/literature. Philosophy + psychology at university (will be going for a phd) for a reason I guess :p But I really have way too many books tbh, even had to redesign 2 rooms in the house, made 1 big kind of.. library from it basically, filled with nothing but philosophical and psychological literature..

oh and a link to the book http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/60080.Groundwork_of_the_Metaphysics_of_Morals
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
June 18 2012 00:49 GMT
#694
Just finished

[image loading]


Goddamn scary as hell. Highly recommend this book for anyone with an interest in global politics, especially Russia's relations with the US.

[image loading]

Cause he's a boss!
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Hijungle
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia67 Posts
June 18 2012 13:25 GMT
#695
Five books...

Virginia Woolf - Mrs. Dalloway

A book I bought from a movie I saw.. the authors name escapes me, but the book is Atonement (the movie starred Kiera Knightley) I enjoy both a lot.

Peter Carey - Short Stories.

Don't Bring Your Love To Town.. not very good with authors, lol.

I plan to reread The Amazing Maurice by Terry Pratchett and finally would love to get my hands on 'Raising The Bar' and read through Hunger Games.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
June 18 2012 13:27 GMT
#696
I recently finished reading the Game of Thrones-books, and currently I'm really into rock biographies (reading Aerosmith's and Iggy Pop's at the moment).
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Deleted User 238668
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
344 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-18 14:50:19
June 18 2012 14:37 GMT
#697
[image loading]

Anyone read this one? Furthermore, if you have, any incisive comments before I hand an essay in on it tomorrow?

Also:

[image loading]

Wonderful to read at first, though the fragmentary style proved to be a little disorientating after a while. Interesting in that the protagonist--for lack of a better word--Jacob is defined and articulated through his absence in the novel, rather than his presence. Got me thinking about Woolf's idea of 'masculine' and 'feminine' syntax, and the implicit, and perhaps gendered, structures of my own writing.
Clip, clop, Camelot.
snailmouth
Profile Joined June 2012
United States17 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-18 17:24:10
June 18 2012 17:19 GMT
#698
[image loading]
My kindle just broke so I'm re-reading this for the THIRD time. Hesse's writing is so beautiful that I'm not even close to bored even though I can recall the whole story scene for scene at this point.
Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away. -Elvis Presley
Rainofpain
Profile Joined December 2010
United States125 Posts
June 18 2012 19:54 GMT
#699
I need some suggestions for good fantasy. My favorite series of books is the Inhertiance series by Christopher Paolini and the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. I would prefer a series that has good dragons and magic in it.
It`s hard to read bad players because they`re bad - Idra
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
June 18 2012 19:57 GMT
#700
The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins, he makes evolution seem so awesome than it already is.
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 85
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15772
Calm 2212
Mini 156
Rush 104
EffOrt 93
Trap 21
Bale 17
scan(afreeca) 17
Dota 2
febbydoto12
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m5538
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King54
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4203
Liquid`Hasu634
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1836
Beastyqt716
RotterdaM574
B2W.Neo536
C9.Mang0290
shahzam284
crisheroes183
IndyStarCraft 181
QueenE102
Trikslyr94
UpATreeSC60
Dewaltoss58
ToD41
ZombieGrub40
JuggernautJason20
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
Other Games
Algost 4
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 30
• Michael_bg 16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade997
Other Games
• imaqtpie943
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 54m
INu's Battles
14h 54m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
16h 54m
OSC
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 2h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.