• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:31
CEST 05:31
KST 12:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8763 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 34

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 54 Next
BaRR
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia18 Posts
July 12 2011 04:44 GMT
#661
I live in Australia and wanting to buy a keyboard from Steelseires is it possible to buy and get delivered to Australia
Mules lolol
snigor
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway129 Posts
July 12 2011 04:47 GMT
#662
On July 12 2011 07:04 snIJIJzer wrote:
Thanks snigor! I post the first one twice my mistake. I'll see if i can find the Us layout one somewhere, as i don't want a qwerz board.

The US layout has 104 keys, they key between shift and z gone in favor of a wider shift. Also enter button is only 1row high. UK one is eu layout.
Esjihn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States164 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-12 04:48:46
July 12 2011 04:47 GMT
#663
I have a Filco Majestouch with Cherry browns. ive tried topre blue black and brown. Brown is hands down the best in terms of feel and speed. I like my buttons with as little force to press as possible. I love being able to do 10 hour sessions and my fingers not be the slightest bit tired.

Might get a keyboard with Cherry Reds that would just be amazing as they have even less force to activate. (i play fighting games and sanwa buttons are super sensitive so i am used to not accidently pressing buttons that have a very light activation force)

Anyway i love browns and filco keyboards are a good way to go
Moar Tanks, Less Skanks!
drooL
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United Kingdom2108 Posts
July 12 2011 08:54 GMT
#664
i hope this cross-post is acceptable.

i reviewed the das ultimate s (blue switches) and the filco majestouch 2 (brown switches). maybe it can help someone here. http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=243030
@nowSimon
czaku
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland429 Posts
July 12 2011 16:05 GMT
#665
Did anyone use ZOWIE Celeritas? How's it like?
Jago
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland390 Posts
July 12 2011 16:21 GMT
#666
On July 13 2011 01:05 astor wrote:
Did anyone use ZOWIE Celeritas? How's it like?

Imagine a Filco that has "wobbly" keys and lettering that darkens/wears off very fast in regular use. That's ZOWIE Celeritas in a nutshell.
Nazeron
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada1046 Posts
July 12 2011 16:42 GMT
#667
Have a Das Keyboard with browns, i love it, wont ever use a non-mechanical keyboard ever again, so nice to type and play on. Only complaint i have with Das is that the shiny surface scratches easy and the letters darken. Other than that if you dont care about looks Das is really good. I havent tried a keyboard with blacks but i personally dont think i would like blacks as they are a bit harder to press down, i fully recommend blues or browns.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
czaku
Profile Joined June 2011
Poland429 Posts
July 12 2011 16:46 GMT
#668
On July 13 2011 01:21 Jago wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2011 01:05 astor wrote:
Did anyone use ZOWIE Celeritas? How's it like?

Imagine a Filco that has "wobbly" keys and lettering that darkens/wears off very fast in regular use. That's ZOWIE Celeritas in a nutshell.


You mean keys like in 6gv2? Letters going off after some time?
Laneir
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1160 Posts
July 12 2011 16:48 GMT
#669
I use a filco cherry blue and its amazing great timing and feels great with ur fingers
Follow me on Instagram @Chef_Betto
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-13 20:13:32
July 13 2011 20:12 GMT
#670
On July 12 2011 10:05 IVXX wrote:
blacks are easy to find because of the steelseries keyboards, but i honestly wouldnt recommend them. browns are the safest choice for anyone trying mechanical keyboards. blues are nice if you want a nice *snap* after pressing down the key, as it offers a tactile click.

but blacks... i just cant recommend. try typing on one and you'll see what i mean. they're really heavy compared to other switches. of course, some people prefer that, but i think most steelseries owners wouldve picked something else had they tried all the switches first. its still better than rubber domes though.

after trying black, blue, brown, topre, buckling, alps, red, - i got a red full sized blank leopold. best decision i ever made.


After using my Filco Linear switch keyboard after a while I see why it can turn away some people. It makes your fingers pretty buff

I'm excited to have this finger tension for Diablo III.
Support your esport!
Chainfire99
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada474 Posts
July 14 2011 02:29 GMT
#671
I am new to mechanical keyboards but decided it is high time I go out and purchase one since I am currently starcrafting using a MS wireless kb. Now I don't need a super duper mechanical keyboard that costs an arm and a leg for useless and/or unnecessary features but I am looking for a sick mechanical keyboard that will get the job done. It's a toss up between the steelseries 6gv2 and the razer blackwidow...do you guys have any recommendations? Will be picking it up at a brick & motor store of http://canadacomputers.com/index.php?cPath=21_273_274&sort=2a&&page=2
Vincere Vel Mori
antas
Profile Joined August 2010
Indonesia300 Posts
July 14 2011 02:44 GMT
#672
On July 14 2011 11:29 Chainfire99 wrote:
I am new to mechanical keyboards but decided it is high time I go out and purchase one since I am currently starcrafting using a MS wireless kb. Now I don't need a super duper mechanical keyboard that costs an arm and a leg for useless and/or unnecessary features but I am looking for a sick mechanical keyboard that will get the job done. It's a toss up between the steelseries 6gv2 and the razer blackwidow...do you guys have any recommendations? Will be picking it up at a brick & motor store of http://canadacomputers.com/index.php?cPath=21_273_274&sort=2a&&page=2


It will be depend on your personal liking, SS 6gv2 is a black switch, and Razer BW is a blue switch.

If you use it mostly for RTS and typing, Razer will do great IMHO. But if you plays FPS a lot then you might want to consider SS 6gv2.

But I must stress that everyone has their own preferences, if you can try it first before you buy it, then try it!

If you can get the brown switch, it might be a safer choice, since brown is somewhere in the middle between black and blue.

Black is non tactile non clicky, which means it doesn't give you a tactile feel and no clicky sound & feel.

Blue is tactile and clicky.

Brown, is tactile and non clicky.

I use blue switch (Ducky 9008 G2) for work, since in work, I use it only for typing. And at home I use brown switch (Filco Majestouch brown). I use brown since at home I use it mostly for typing and light gaming (RTS and FPS occasionally).
Entaro Adun!
Chainfire99
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada474 Posts
July 14 2011 02:49 GMT
#673
So the SS 6gv2 doesn't make any sounds and give off tactile feedback? Why is it so popular with sc2 users/pros then? If that's the case, I'd prolly prefer the Razer Blackwidow...it would seem such features would appeal to me although I've never tried a mechanical keyboard before (black or bllue).
Vincere Vel Mori
antas
Profile Joined August 2010
Indonesia300 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 03:18:51
July 14 2011 03:17 GMT
#674
On July 14 2011 11:49 Chainfire99 wrote:
So the SS 6gv2 doesn't make any sounds and give off tactile feedback? Why is it so popular with sc2 users/pros then? If that's the case, I'd prolly prefer the Razer Blackwidow...it would seem such features would appeal to me although I've never tried a mechanical keyboard before (black or bllue).


Everybody has their own preference I believe Some people like the linear feel of black and some want the tactile feel etc. Some friends of mine, contrary to common opinion, even like the black for typing.

SS 6gv2 is so popular maybe also because it widely available anywhere, so people can get it quite easily.

And yes, black switch doesn't give you a tactile feedback. Also please keep in mind that blue does have a clicky sound, some people just can't stand with it

for some further reading if you need:

http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=START HERE -- The Geekhack Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Includes Glossary and Links

http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/491752-mechanical-keyboard-guide.html

Cheers ^^
Entaro Adun!
Chainfire99
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada474 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 03:37:18
July 14 2011 03:33 GMT
#675
Thanks for the info. Doing some research I think I'll cop the SS 6gv2...it'll be easier on the fingers and I don't plan on using my kb much for typing (main aim is for starcraft 2 and gaming in general).

nevermind...i guess i gotta try both black and blue switches. I just want the absolute best switch for rts gaming. I don't really care about typing that much.
Vincere Vel Mori
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
July 14 2011 03:41 GMT
#676
My Filco produces much louder noise than a standard HP full size piece of junk. Cherry MX Blacks still are significantly louder than rubber domes but gawd do they feel great.
Support your esport!
Chainfire99
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada474 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 04:13:08
July 14 2011 03:59 GMT
#677
Man, the more I read the more confused I get! black switch, brown switch, blue switch aaarg!

Which is best for rts gaming? Linear (black) or tactile switches(blue or brown)..if noise/clicking was a non-issue?

blackwidow or ss 6gv2? I doubt the computer store will allow me to take them out of the boxes..who knows.
Vincere Vel Mori
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 04:29:31
July 14 2011 04:27 GMT
#678
@ Chainfire99

Go with the SteelSeries 6Gv2 (I've only owned their Siberia headset) it's a linear switch and it's easy to find. The 6Gv2 will be an overall great gaming board, and the Cherry MX Black switches can take a beating.

An ideal board for RTS gaming I'm guessing would be a board with Cherry MX Brown switches. Filco makes a quality tactile board, but Filco is an moderately expensive brand.
Support your esport!
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
July 14 2011 04:30 GMT
#679
If you want a safe option, go for browns. It's in the middle of the blues and blacks. If I wasn't sure which was right for me but still wanted to get one, I'd get the browns. (Incidentally this is what I did :p)
It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
Chainfire99
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada474 Posts
July 14 2011 04:33 GMT
#680
On July 14 2011 13:27 Alabasern wrote:
@ Chainfire99

Go with the SteelSeries 6Gv2 (I've only owned their Siberia headset) it's a linear switch and it's easy to find. The 6Gv2 will be an overall great gaming board, and the Cherry MX Black switches can take a beating.

An ideal board for RTS gaming I'm guessing would be a board with Cherry MX Brown switches. Filco makes a quality tactile board, but Filco is an moderately expensive brand.



I think i"ll heed your suggestion, Alabasern. I am thinking, by listening to videos/audio clips of the blue switches, that the noise will either annoy me or those around me. Filco is out of my price range on what I would spend on a keyboard so I'll be picking up a SS 6Gv2 tomorrow for around $85 cnd. Thanks for your help, guy and everyone else's input
Vincere Vel Mori
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 210
Nina 129
SpeCial 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13163
Rain 2002
Dewaltoss 52
NaDa 31
Bale 29
Noble 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
Counter-Strike
taco 650
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1490
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1294
WinterStarcraft601
Other Games
summit1g8542
Doublelift2588
JimRising 658
PiGStarcraft341
ArmadaUGS200
C9.Mang0197
Maynarde142
ViBE95
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick853
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream125
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 83
• practicex 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki189
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo883
• Stunt170
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
6h 29m
OSC
9h 29m
Stellar Fest
9h 29m
OSC
20h 29m
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.