• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:41
CEST 08:41
KST 15:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)29Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8128 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 35

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 54 Next
antas
Profile Joined August 2010
Indonesia300 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-14 04:48:11
July 14 2011 04:46 GMT
#681
On July 14 2011 13:33 Chainfire99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2011 13:27 Alabasern wrote:
@ Chainfire99

Go with the SteelSeries 6Gv2 (I've only owned their Siberia headset) it's a linear switch and it's easy to find. The 6Gv2 will be an overall great gaming board, and the Cherry MX Black switches can take a beating.

An ideal board for RTS gaming I'm guessing would be a board with Cherry MX Brown switches. Filco makes a quality tactile board, but Filco is an moderately expensive brand.



I think i"ll heed your suggestion, Alabasern. I am thinking, by listening to videos/audio clips of the blue switches, that the noise will either annoy me or those around me. Filco is out of my price range on what I would spend on a keyboard so I'll be picking up a SS 6Gv2 tomorrow for around $85 cnd. Thanks for your help, guy and everyone else's input


Congratulations

If you think only for gaming, then black / brown would be alright. Esp if you worry about the sound. Even the black is louder than common membrane keyboard And black will do great for FPS, or any games that require you to hold down the button for most of the time.

I must warn you though, once you get your hand into a mech keyboard then there is no way back!! So beware :D I'm seeing the 2nd or maybe 3rd keyboard will come to your mind

I'm on the way to get my 3rd, but I could not make my mind yet :D

Entaro Adun!
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
July 14 2011 06:34 GMT
#682
@ Antas
@ non-mechanical board users

Once you've popped you can't stop, these boards are bliss.
Support your esport!
epikAnglory
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States1120 Posts
July 14 2011 06:41 GMT
#683
Siig Mechanical Keyboard is cheap and good, with special White Alps design. If you really like clacky keyboards and the old IBM mechanical keyboard, this is as close as you will get. The heavy duty design makes it very durable and (quite heavy). Comes with a PS2 adapter and such, and for its price it excels (a bit cheaper than Blackwidow).
710+ Posts with a Probe Icon =D
r4pture
Profile Joined May 2011
United States397 Posts
July 14 2011 12:49 GMT
#684
On July 14 2011 15:41 epikAnglory wrote:
Siig Mechanical Keyboard is cheap and good, with special White Alps design. If you really like clacky keyboards and the old IBM mechanical keyboard, this is as close as you will get.


This is not true. You can actually buy Model Ms still, Unicomp owns the patent on buckling springs and still makes and sells them. They can be found here.

I plan on getting one myself (black spacesaver), but for now the three classic mechanicals I found will do. Just the other day I scored a Dell AT101W (black alps) and Northgate Omnikey (white alps) and IBM Model M2 (buckling springs) all at once. Sadly the M2 needs repair so is a project of mine, and I need an adapter for the Omnikey...but I'm on the Dell right now and can tell you the black alp switches feel much more solid then a rubber dome. The Omnikey is the most impressive keyboard I've ever seen in build quality, trumping any modern KB or even the classic Model M, and the keys feel amazing, I can't wait to get an adapter on it and use it. Same goes with the M2, nothing feels better to me then buckling spring keyboards, that (or another buckling spring) will no doubt be my main KB once I get it all sorted out.
http://teamfortress.tv - For your TF2 streaming and discussion needs!
spaZzNx-`
Profile Joined January 2011
Hong Kong1221 Posts
July 16 2011 11:33 GMT
#685
For people worrying about the blacks being too stiff, I am actually typing on one right now and it really isn't as bad as you might think. However for people who will do a lot of typing the blacks won't be the best choice, but for RTS it isn't that bad.
TeamLiquid fighting~ Gogo SlayerS Terrans!
Gandalf
Profile Joined August 2004
Pakistan1905 Posts
July 16 2011 11:36 GMT
#686
Which do you guys feel is superior for SC2 + typing (SC2 being the more important factor), a regular das or its silent counterpart? I believe its cherry blue vs cherry brown switches. While I have read a few reviews there is no way for me to actually test these or similar keyboards out before making a purchase, so I'm looking for some informed opinions.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
July 16 2011 11:49 GMT
#687
On July 16 2011 20:36 Gandalf wrote:
Which do you guys feel is superior for SC2 + typing (SC2 being the more important factor), a regular das or its silent counterpart? I believe its cherry blue vs cherry brown switches. While I have read a few reviews there is no way for me to actually test these or similar keyboards out before making a purchase, so I'm looking for some informed opinions.


I love my Cherry blues for SC2 and typing. The only possible issue for me is the noise they make, which is pretty damn loud at 150 apm.
Never tried the browns sorry.
Laeon
Profile Joined May 2011
France53 Posts
July 16 2011 17:57 GMT
#688
Any feedback about the nkeyboard mx brown ? it costs 55euros and is mechanical (brown switches). I hesitate to buy it.

Here is the link : http://item.gmarket.co.kr/DetailView/Item.asp?goodscode=205025113&GoodsSale=Y&jaehuid=200002657&service_id=pcdn
DJFaqU
Profile Joined May 2011
466 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-16 18:50:59
July 16 2011 18:42 GMT
#689
On July 16 2011 20:36 Gandalf wrote:
Which do you guys feel is superior for SC2 + typing (SC2 being the more important factor), a regular das or its silent counterpart? I believe its cherry blue vs cherry brown switches. While I have read a few reviews there is no way for me to actually test these or similar keyboards out before making a purchase, so I'm looking for some informed opinions.


Blue for everything.

On July 17 2011 02:57 Laeon wrote:
Any feedback about the nkeyboard mx brown ? it costs 55euros and is mechanical (brown switches). I hesitate to buy it.

Here is the link : http://item.gmarket.co.kr/DetailView/Item.asp?goodscode=205025113&GoodsSale=Y&jaehuid=200002657&service_id=pcdn


I remember seeing a mechanical with that SkyDigital tag somewhere and as far as I can recall it was regarded as being worth the cost, but don't take my word for it.
Seems like a price breaker when it comes to mechanicals, so it might be worth a try. Remember you'll still have to pay the VAT when ordering from outside of Europe, though.
Daviran
Profile Joined March 2011
United States21 Posts
July 16 2011 18:46 GMT
#690
From GeekHack, most gamers prefer brown for gaming and for typing.
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
July 16 2011 18:54 GMT
#691
On July 16 2011 20:33 spaZzNx-` wrote:
For people worrying about the blacks being too stiff, I am actually typing on one right now and it really isn't as bad as you might think. However for people who will do a lot of typing the blacks won't be the best choice, but for RTS it isn't that bad.


Very true, they're so silky and responsive compared to a rubber dome piece of waste.
Support your esport!
sad312
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada56 Posts
July 16 2011 19:55 GMT
#692
I'm probably going to buy the TT Meka G1 since White-ra supposedly uses it but you know...It could be a lie. Hopefully it lives up to being a keyboard being used by the almighty white ra. Before i buy ill try the razer BW at the store since it supposedly has an opening in the box to let people feel it
MiyaviTeddy
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada697 Posts
July 16 2011 22:37 GMT
#693
just ordered a Das keyboard :p

Probably give sort of like a review or my thoughts on it the day I pick-up the actual keyboard
Aiyeeeee
DERPDERP
Profile Joined October 2010
Kyrgyzstan189 Posts
July 16 2011 22:48 GMT
#694
People who are categorizing blacks for fps and blues and browns for rts are morons ^-^
8)
sad312
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada56 Posts
July 16 2011 23:09 GMT
#695
On July 17 2011 07:37 MiyaviTeddy wrote:
just ordered a Das keyboard :p

Probably give sort of like a review or my thoughts on it the day I pick-up the actual keyboard



Please do. I actually went to the store today but i decided not to spend my money, instead research a bit more and instead buy a filco with brown switches. I heard blue switches are not good for double tapping and blacks are too stiff. So that leaves the brown with nothing negative
Alabasern
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4005 Posts
July 16 2011 23:16 GMT
#696
On July 17 2011 08:09 sad312 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2011 07:37 MiyaviTeddy wrote:
just ordered a Das keyboard :p

Probably give sort of like a review or my thoughts on it the day I pick-up the actual keyboard



Please do. I actually went to the store today but i decided not to spend my money, instead research a bit more and instead buy a filco with brown switches. I heard blue switches are not good for double tapping and blacks are too stiff. So that leaves the brown with nothing negative


Blacks are still better for double tapping than a traditional rubber dome cheap board. When I double click on my old HP keyboard it feels like I'm pushing on cardboard.
Support your esport!
sad312
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada56 Posts
July 16 2011 23:20 GMT
#697
On July 17 2011 08:16 Alabasern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2011 08:09 sad312 wrote:
On July 17 2011 07:37 MiyaviTeddy wrote:
just ordered a Das keyboard :p

Probably give sort of like a review or my thoughts on it the day I pick-up the actual keyboard



Please do. I actually went to the store today but i decided not to spend my money, instead research a bit more and instead buy a filco with brown switches. I heard blue switches are not good for double tapping and blacks are too stiff. So that leaves the brown with nothing negative


Blacks are still better for double tapping than a traditional rubber dome cheap board. When I double click on my old HP keyboard it feels like I'm pushing on cardboard.



Hm, im currently using a keyboard that is rubber dome. Is there really a big difference between a rubber dome keyboard to cherry mx black keyboard? In the positive way of course.
madestro
Profile Joined October 2010
Costa Rica108 Posts
July 16 2011 23:55 GMT
#698
I don't know if it has been said here given there are over 30 pages but I highly recommend the Xarmor U9BL I have the S model (silent, meaning brown switches) and you can find it here XArmor-U9BL-S and there's also a variety with the cherry blues.
I also had the blackwidow before and the build quality is definitely subpar, the spacebar often had issues and after 2 months of use the shift and q keys became unresponsive, contacted Razer and they RMAd the thing but the one they sent me had a problem with the / key and after taking it out turns out it had a piece of plastic that was from the spacebar but I'm not doing the RMA again it's just not worth it so if you haven't decided really give Xarmor a try, not only it is a nice mechanical brown switch one but it has light, 2 usb 1 mic and 1 headphones port and the finish on the keys is kinda matte so your fingers will never slip, also the font on the keys is standard and the lighting is way better than on the blackwidow ultimate I had.
"The Swarm will consume all." - Queen of Blades
TheRPGAddict
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1403 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-17 00:00:33
July 16 2011 23:56 GMT
#699
I just ordered a Zowie Celeritas and it should be here tuesday so I will have black blue and brown switch varieties (SS 7g, Das Ultimate, Celeritas). I can post what I think here. I think brown is honestly the best of both worlds, since the blue is kind of annoying to play with sometimes because of the actuation point being above the release point.
Slayth
Profile Joined November 2010
United States325 Posts
July 17 2011 02:54 GMT
#700
I ordered a Das Professional S (MX Blues), once you get used to the clicking its not so bad, feel every key push down and actually feel the click.

If you take 30 seconds to wipe it down and once every week with a can of air, its never dirty.
Fanclubs I'm in: Destiny, EGHuK, EGIdrA, IMNestea, LiquidTLO, LiquidJinro, IMLosira, TypePhoeNix, MvPDongRaeGu, STJuly, WhiteRa. "this is more fucked up than lord of the flies" - Tasteless , "WHEN THERE'S NO INTERNET, LAN ROCKS" - Lim Yo-Hwan
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1467
910 88
Bale 37
Aegong 20
ZergMaN 18
Noble 13
yabsab 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm187
Fuzer 77
League of Legends
JimRising 580
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King352
C9.Mang0155
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1270
Other Games
summit1g9265
PiGStarcraft465
ceh9180
Sick177
ArmadaUGS135
Maynarde128
Livibee100
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick548
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream236
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2286
League of Legends
• Rush1383
• Lourlo1287
• Stunt453
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 20m
OSC
6h 20m
Stellar Fest
6h 20m
OSC
17h 20m
Stellar Fest
1d 6h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.