• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:21
CEST 22:21
KST 05:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8707 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 31

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 54 Next
Blisse
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada3710 Posts
July 05 2011 07:04 GMT
#601
On July 05 2011 15:42 -zZerg- wrote:
Hi I'm a player with a relatively high apm 250+ and I'm looking for a keyboard that would be easy to use. Sc2 is the only game i play and noise isnt particularly an issue.Not sure what most sc2 progamers use, seems like filco is really good. Any recommendations? Price is not an issue


BlackWidow build quality is perfectly fine.

If price is not an issue, I recommend an imported Ducky. More realistically, a Real Force or HHKB from elitekeyboards. Any Filco or Leopold is fine, it's all switch preference after you pass the $100 mark since most layouts are the same.

From Cherrys, Blacks are best for gaming, but not for typing. Noise is somewhat similar, but Browns are a bit quieter. Blues have the best feeling, and are perfectly fine for gaming. Missing the double tap does not exist in mechanical keyboards.

I don't recommend BlackWidow simply because of the 2KRO as I can't guarantee you won't notice it.

Again, it's all switch and keycap preference beyond $100 and it's best to try them out yourself. The quality on every mechanical you can buy is basically the same. Ignore whoever says SteelSeries or Razer is superior. Just go for the most expensive thing if you have no budget.

The bottom line is, with any mechanical keyboard, you can cut the wire off and use it as a weapon against a thief if need be. They're all of that same build quality. They have to be to be a mechanical keyboard.
There is no one like you in the universe.
ballasdontcry
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada595 Posts
July 05 2011 16:07 GMT
#602
To Canadians, Infonec has a special on das keyboards, 89.99 for mx blues and 99.99 for mx browns running until tomorrow. You have to email them for the free shipping or you can pricematch at another store like NCIX.

For a quality mechanical keyboard, under $100 is a great deal. I ordered one myself, can't wait.
cellblock
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden206 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-05 16:20:02
July 05 2011 16:19 GMT
#603
I got the Leopold Tenkeyless mechanical and I can really recommend it (MX Brown switches). I love the feeling of it. Very easy to adjust to from a normal keyboard. Ordered from www.elitekeyboards.com
[image loading]
Anyone know where to buy white keycaps for MX cherry Switches?
LanTAs
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1091 Posts
July 05 2011 17:52 GMT
#604
On July 05 2011 15:42 -zZerg- wrote:
Hi I'm a player with a relatively high apm 250+ and I'm looking for a keyboard that would be easy to use. Sc2 is the only game i play and noise isnt particularly an issue.Not sure what most sc2 progamers use, seems like filco is really good. Any recommendations? Price is not an issue


Go for blues if you can bear the sharp clicky noise (which is joy to my ears =D) , and if you're going for browns then why not reds? Reds are relatively rare but Filco is putting a bunch of reds in stock, and i would prefer them rather than browns because on the browns (which i have tried), the tactile bump is almost impossible to feel and it makes the keys feel like you just took it to the beach and had your dog bury it in the sand for a whole day and then took it out for you to use, reds are much more smooth for typing and gaming (reds are 45G, browns are 45G to actuate). Blues are the type of keyboard that combines productivity with an enjoyable gaming experience, people say that there is a double tap issue, but if you spam keys and you release the key before you tap it again (like me :D) then you'll have no problem. All mechanical keyboards are personal preference, you might as well go to a large electronics store that packs mechanical keyboards, i know best buy sells the BlackWidow ultimate so you can have a taste of MX Blue switches, but Reds are quite rare and most electronics stores dont sell them, but if you have tried the MX Brown switches and just took out the bump then thats basically the same thing (or a MX Black that takes the force of a brown to actuate). I had a blackwidow till i broke it (T.T i refunded it and then got a logitech G110 which isnt as good) and i tried a Majestouch 2 with MX Browns. Have fun with your 1st mech keyboard!
Shewklad
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden482 Posts
July 05 2011 18:13 GMT
#605
I recently bought a qpad MK-80, and I'm really pleased. It is by far the best keyboard I've ever used, it's quite expensive tho, but yeah, if you got the money, it's totaly worth it!
Bomber || Thorzain || Startale >< No gods, no masters.
ElusoryX
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Singapore2047 Posts
July 05 2011 18:15 GMT
#606
even if you have bad experience with razer products, you should give them a chance and try out the blackwidow. i gurantee you it'll be great :D
xd
Mayor
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States472 Posts
July 05 2011 18:40 GMT
#607
I just recently got the 6gv2 and have been really really impressed. Though, I am urked that the | key is where the ? key is supposed to be. I get them mixed up a lot. I'd suggest the 6gv2 any day though.
"You can be creative but I will crush it under the iron fist of my conservative play." - Liquid`Tyler
Celadan
Profile Joined September 2010
Norway471 Posts
July 07 2011 02:44 GMT
#608
On July 05 2011 16:04 Blisse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2011 15:42 -zZerg- wrote:
Hi I'm a player with a relatively high apm 250+ and I'm looking for a keyboard that would be easy to use. Sc2 is the only game i play and noise isnt particularly an issue.Not sure what most sc2 progamers use, seems like filco is really good. Any recommendations? Price is not an issue


BlackWidow build quality is perfectly fine.

If price is not an issue, I recommend an imported Ducky. More realistically, a Real Force or HHKB from elitekeyboards. Any Filco or Leopold is fine, it's all switch preference after you pass the $100 mark since most layouts are the same.

From Cherrys, Blacks are best for gaming, but not for typing. Noise is somewhat similar, but Browns are a bit quieter. Blues have the best feeling, and are perfectly fine for gaming. Missing the double tap does not exist in mechanical keyboards.

I don't recommend BlackWidow simply because of the 2KRO as I can't guarantee you won't notice it.

Again, it's all switch and keycap preference beyond $100 and it's best to try them out yourself. The quality on every mechanical you can buy is basically the same. Ignore whoever says SteelSeries or Razer is superior. Just go for the most expensive thing if you have no budget.

The bottom line is, with any mechanical keyboard, you can cut the wire off and use it as a weapon against a thief if need be. They're all of that same build quality. They have to be to be a mechanical keyboard.


Actually Black widow's keys might be sticky, it is alot of production errors with this keyboard and i wouldn't recommend it.

Some of them include that the usb doesn't register, the larger keys(space shift caps etc) will press down other keys and so on.
(some reviewers say that sticky keys is a flaw by design but I don't know)

It really felt good in the start and to be completely honest, I would have loved it if it did not have the sticky key issue or any of the other production errors.

Black widow is good looking and the keys that actually work feels good, so if you feel lucky, buy it but I would not recommend this to anyone who is not a gambler.

[I'm sorry if this post have any hint of anger in it, just feel kind of ripped of by this keyboard and dissapointed since it felt so good the first day.]
спеціальна Тактика
LanTAs
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1091 Posts
July 07 2011 03:00 GMT
#609
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 07 2011 11:44 Celadan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2011 16:04 Blisse wrote:
On July 05 2011 15:42 -zZerg- wrote:
Hi I'm a player with a relatively high apm 250+ and I'm looking for a keyboard that would be easy to use. Sc2 is the only game i play and noise isnt particularly an issue.Not sure what most sc2 progamers use, seems like filco is really good. Any recommendations? Price is not an issue


BlackWidow build quality is perfectly fine.

If price is not an issue, I recommend an imported Ducky. More realistically, a Real Force or HHKB from elitekeyboards. Any Filco or Leopold is fine, it's all switch preference after you pass the $100 mark since most layouts are the same.

From Cherrys, Blacks are best for gaming, but not for typing. Noise is somewhat similar, but Browns are a bit quieter. Blues have the best feeling, and are perfectly fine for gaming. Missing the double tap does not exist in mechanical keyboards.

I don't recommend BlackWidow simply because of the 2KRO as I can't guarantee you won't notice it.

Again, it's all switch and keycap preference beyond $100 and it's best to try them out yourself. The quality on every mechanical you can buy is basically the same. Ignore whoever says SteelSeries or Razer is superior. Just go for the most expensive thing if you have no budget.

The bottom line is, with any mechanical keyboard, you can cut the wire off and use it as a weapon against a thief if need be. They're all of that same build quality. They have to be to be a mechanical keyboard.


Actually Black widow's keys might be sticky, it is alot of production errors with this keyboard and i wouldn't recommend it.

Some of them include that the usb doesn't register, the larger keys(space shift caps etc) will press down other keys and so on.
(some reviewers say that sticky keys is a flaw by design but I don't know)

It really felt good in the start and to be completely honest, I would have loved it if it did not have the sticky key issue or any of the other production errors.

Black widow is good looking and the keys that actually work feels good, so if you feel lucky, buy it but I would not recommend this to anyone who is not a gambler.

[I'm sorry if this post have any hint of anger in it, just feel kind of ripped of by this keyboard and dissapointed since it felt so good the first day.]



Yeah, for some reason the shift key, the spacebar and basically the larger keys take a bit more force to push down when i had mine (IT BROKE GERRRR), it was such a good keyboard but the keys were really nice =D its a good budget mech keyboard
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
July 07 2011 04:02 GMT
#610
i would recommend the steel series 6gv2 over the blackwidow, but that's just my personal opinion
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
Darksamus6
Profile Joined March 2011
United States79 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 05:52:49
July 07 2011 05:52 GMT
#611
I ordered the Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 the other day on amazon, and I got it today and its beautiful haha!. The key presses feel nice and I got the Cherry MX brown variant and I love the feel of the keys I can feel them click and they key presses are light. If your looking for a brown switch mechanical keyboard pick one up off of amazon and the build quality is really nice.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Z0XR2O/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img

I had the razer lycosa before which is the rubber domed and the key presses are night and day between the two. I will never go back the standard keyboards . Its nice being able to feel the keypresses finally.
dbddbddb
Profile Joined April 2010
Singapore969 Posts
July 07 2011 06:00 GMT
#612
I need a recommendation for a mechanical keyboard. Need to be able to order it online & ship worldwide.

Prefer cherry brown.

However, i specifically require the keyboard to have a audio/mic port located towards the left side of the keyboard. (eg blackwidow ultimate wont do as they are located on the right side)
Darksamus6
Profile Joined March 2011
United States79 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 06:10:06
July 07 2011 06:05 GMT
#613
On July 07 2011 15:00 dbddbddb wrote:
I need a recommendation for a mechanical keyboard. Need to be able to order it online & ship worldwide.

Prefer cherry brown.

However, i specifically require the keyboard to have a audio/mic port located towards the left side of the keyboard. (eg blackwidow ultimate wont do as they are located on the right side)


something like this?
http://www.amazon.com/XArmor-U9BL-S-backlit-mechanical-keyboard/dp/B004OLLXVQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

It has the ports and its cherry brown. Is pretty high on pricing but it has good reviews so far.

Edit: I just noticed its right sided on the ports as well :/
Regan123
Profile Joined June 2011
20 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 09:58:10
July 07 2011 09:53 GMT
#614
iOne XArmor U9 Cherry MX brown for 80$ looks like a solid deal. Man I just ordered the Das Keyboard pro silent for a lot more than that, it better not let me down.
Wihl
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden472 Posts
July 07 2011 10:01 GMT
#615
On July 07 2011 18:53 Regan123 wrote:
iOne XArmor U9 Cherry MX brown for 80$ looks like a solid deal. Man I just ordered the Das Keyboard pro silent for a lot more than that, it better not let me down.

The XArmor has horrid build quality so you shouldn't feel bad about getting a Das keyboard.
koonst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States215 Posts
July 07 2011 10:21 GMT
#616
is the zowie celeritas build quality and features worth it?
Charger
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2405 Posts
July 07 2011 20:34 GMT
#617
On July 07 2011 19:21 koonst wrote:
is the zowie celeritas build quality and features worth it?


I have had the zowie celeritas for about a month+ and here are some of my personal thoughts:

The build quality is great, it's heavy and it feels like I could throw it around and it would never break. I love typing and gaming on browns, I think I made the right call with the browns for my own taste. The RTR technology - + Show Spoiler +
"The ZOWIE CELERITAS features the newly developed ZOWIE RTR technology which allows the user to define the repeat-response of their presses to be 1x, 2x, 4x or 8x of the normal repeat-response for a keyboard. RTR allows gamers to gain a higher responsiveness from their keys and increase the pace of movement in FPS and Racing games or possibly even increase the APM in RTS"
- I don't use so I can't comment on how awesome or not that feature is, but I do use the remapping of the windows key to another ctrl key which is helpful.

My few gripes - layout is a bit different with the large enter key, for example the backslash is located under the enter key next to the forward slash and ? key. Keycaps seem to wear down fast but after some research it appears this is normal and is probably just because my hands may be dirty and the keyboard caps need cleaning. The spacebar can be kind of tricky to get used to since it uses 2 black switches to keep it stable and strong.

Overall, I am really happy with the purchase and would do it all over again.
It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
Chessz
Profile Joined August 2010
United States644 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 20:44:26
July 07 2011 20:42 GMT
#618
So after research, and after typing a little on my friends Razer Blackwidow with MX Blues I am better sure I would really like the MX Browns, partly because of the noise and partly because of the actuation point.

Amazon currently doesn't have any Filco tenkeyless browns. I'm looking at the Das Keyboard S Silent model, any opinions on this keyboard, or suggestions for keyboards with MX Brown switches? Thank you.
Syben
Profile Joined October 2010
United States512 Posts
July 07 2011 20:50 GMT
#619
On July 08 2011 05:42 Chessz wrote:
So after research, and after typing a little on my friends Razer Blackwidow with MX Blues I am better sure I would really like the MX Browns, partly because of the noise and partly because of the actuation point.

Amazon currently doesn't have any Filco tenkeyless browns. I'm looking at the Das Keyboard S Silent model, any opinions on this keyboard, or suggestions for keyboards with MX Brown switches? Thank you.

Its a solid keyboard but there have been quite a few complaints of the lettering on the keys wearing off relatively quickly and the keys getting extremely shiny. Also it is a dust and fingerprint magnet but should not be a problem as long as you maintain it every so often.
Definitely gonna switch to G, the only race I havent played yet. - TLO
Chessz
Profile Joined August 2010
United States644 Posts
July 07 2011 20:54 GMT
#620
On July 08 2011 05:50 Syben wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 08 2011 05:42 Chessz wrote:
So after research, and after typing a little on my friends Razer Blackwidow with MX Blues I am better sure I would really like the MX Browns, partly because of the noise and partly because of the actuation point.

Amazon currently doesn't have any Filco tenkeyless browns. I'm looking at the Das Keyboard S Silent model, any opinions on this keyboard, or suggestions for keyboards with MX Brown switches? Thank you.

Its a solid keyboard but there have been quite a few complaints of the lettering on the keys wearing off relatively quickly and the keys getting extremely shiny. Also it is a dust and fingerprint magnet but should not be a problem as long as you maintain it every so often.


Thanks for the quick reply -- the aesthetics don't bother me as much as the build quality and performance.

My next question: is it unwise to buy the keyboard even though I've never personally felt MX Browns? Like I said I have used blues and *heard* them, and everything I've read/youtube points me toward the browns because I do still want a subtle tactile feel/click of actuation (not MX blacks) but a little more "smooth" if that makes sense. I also apply for the Das Keyboard student discount which sways me a little more..
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 537
JuggernautJason69
Nathanias 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15175
Dewaltoss 114
Bale 11
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4244
Khaldor1767
Liquid`Hasu813
Other Games
summit1g5756
fl0m987
Beastyqt677
shahzam427
FrodaN291
byalli282
ArmadaUGS161
KnowMe161
C9.Mang0161
UpATreeSC85
Mew2King67
PPMD16
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV240
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
Other Games
angryscii15
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie900
• Shiphtur218
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 39m
Stellar Fest
16h 39m
OSC
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 13h
Online Event
1d 14h
FEL
1d 19h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 20h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 22h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.