• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:36
CEST 18:36
KST 01:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)57Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8291 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 30

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 54 Next
Tablespoon
Profile Joined January 2011
Norway223 Posts
July 01 2011 22:48 GMT
#581
On July 02 2011 04:41 Wihl wrote:
Ordered a Filco tenkeyless with brown switches, wont have it til august though. The Keyboard Company has dumb restocking schedules. Herptyderp no keyboards for 3 months. Anyway, I'm ordering some white keycaps as well. Should be cool. Picture of the same keyboard/layout as I'll have:

[image loading]

Damn that is sexy. Where are you getting the keycaps? Would love to do that to my tenkeyless as well.
Neb1000
Profile Joined January 2011
United States183 Posts
July 02 2011 03:59 GMT
#582
I really want to get a mechanical keyboard but I don't know which one to get. I like the Razer blackwidow ultimate but the finger print problems really make want to not buy it. Is there any other that have backlighting and USB/headphone/mic ports on it that you would suggest?
apm66
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada943 Posts
July 02 2011 04:10 GMT
#583
On July 02 2011 12:59 Neb1000 wrote:
I really want to get a mechanical keyboard but I don't know which one to get. I like the Razer blackwidow ultimate but the finger print problems really make want to not buy it. Is there any other that have backlighting and USB/headphone/mic ports on it that you would suggest?

http://ncix.com/products/?sku=60648&vpn=ZIBAL-60-US&manufacture=Mionix
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Daviran
Profile Joined March 2011
United States21 Posts
July 02 2011 04:27 GMT
#584
Filco Brown, I love it for it's tactile feel and NKRO. The white keys don't stain.. unless you have bad hygiene or something..

[image loading]
Neb1000
Profile Joined January 2011
United States183 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-03 22:51:44
July 03 2011 22:50 GMT
#585
Ok I have been looking and I want a Filco but I can't find any with blue switches on amazon and haven't been able to find any other sellers. Is there any other US sellers that would have it with blue switches?
Weson
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Iceland1032 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-03 23:01:32
July 03 2011 22:56 GMT
#586
On July 02 2011 13:27 Daviran wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

Filco Brown, I love it for it's tactile feel and NKRO. The white keys don't stain.. unless you have bad hygiene or something..

[image loading]

I am definetly going to get one of these! I've been wanting to get a filco tenkeyless(brown switches) for quite some time now. It's just that they restock their swe/fin stock like once every 6 months and are sold out in less then a week
"!@€#" - as some guy said
echO [W]
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1495 Posts
July 03 2011 22:59 GMT
#587
On July 04 2011 07:50 Neb1000 wrote:
Ok I have been looking and I want a Filco but I can't find any with blue switches on amazon and haven't been able to find any other sellers. Is there any other US sellers that would have it with blue switches?


http://www.amazon.com/Majestouch-2-Tactile-Keyboard-FKBN104M-EFB2/dp/B004Z0XR2O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&m=A104717BI2VJF7&s=generic&qid=1309733922&sr=1-2

http://www.amazon.com/Majestouch-2-Tenkeyless-Keyboard-FKBN87M-EFB2/dp/B004ZJPSGI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=A104717BI2VJF7&s=generic&qid=1309733922&sr=1-1

These are however, the Ninja editions, meaning the keycaps are I think a rougher texture, and the key lettering is inscribed on the side of the keys, and not the top of the keycaps.
"Or a school bus over a bunch of kids" - Tasteless --- “A man's errors are his portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
Syben
Profile Joined October 2010
United States512 Posts
July 03 2011 23:28 GMT
#588
On July 02 2011 13:27 Daviran wrote:
Filco Brown, I love it for it's tactile feel and NKRO. The white keys don't stain.. unless you have bad hygiene or something..

[image loading]


I have been trying to find whitekeycaps forever! Where did you get yours at?
Definitely gonna switch to G, the only race I havent played yet. - TLO
Neb1000
Profile Joined January 2011
United States183 Posts
July 03 2011 23:45 GMT
#589
On July 04 2011 07:59 echO [W] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 07:50 Neb1000 wrote:
Ok I have been looking and I want a Filco but I can't find any with blue switches on amazon and haven't been able to find any other sellers. Is there any other US sellers that would have it with blue switches?


http://www.amazon.com/Majestouch-2-Tactile-Keyboard-FKBN104M-EFB2/dp/B004Z0XR2O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&m=A104717BI2VJF7&s=generic&qid=1309733922&sr=1-2

http://www.amazon.com/Majestouch-2-Tenkeyless-Keyboard-FKBN87M-EFB2/dp/B004ZJPSGI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=A104717BI2VJF7&s=generic&qid=1309733922&sr=1-1

These are however, the Ninja editions, meaning the keycaps are I think a rougher texture, and the key lettering is inscribed on the side of the keys, and not the top of the keycaps.

I have looked at those and they have cherry brownes and I really want the blues.
Wihl
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden472 Posts
July 04 2011 00:49 GMT
#590
You can find a lot of different keycaps for sale over at geekhack.
Daviran
Profile Joined March 2011
United States21 Posts
July 04 2011 01:34 GMT
#591
I ordered my white keycaps from Taobao off the taobaobee website. But you can find some group buys/order some off geekhack as well. These keys are called Black on White KBC PBT keycaps, they also have white engraved versions as well.
Venality
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States57 Posts
July 04 2011 01:56 GMT
#592
I have been using a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate for about a month now, and I am loving it. Not to mention this is the first ever mechanical keyboard I have ever had, and I will NEVER be able to go back to a normal membrane keyboard ever again. Tried to type on my sister's keyboard the other day, and it just felt disgusting, plus I was missing the sound I have grown to love.

As far as the Blackwidow goes, I am loving it and have not had any problems with it. I have used Razer mice for about 6 years, so I decided to give the keyboard a go. The fingerprinting on the gloss finish where the "wrist" rest is, is really not that bad. Just get a small microfiber cloth to keep on your desk and wipe it off every couple of days. Unless you are SUPER picky like me, then you can wipe it off every day.

For the time being I am giving it a 9/10 (Just because of the gloss finish. )

P.S. - Anyone that has not yet joined the Mechanical cult, once you cross over you will never be able to go back, and typing on your new mechanical keyboard will give you eargasms.
echO [W]
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1495 Posts
July 04 2011 02:00 GMT
#593
On July 04 2011 08:45 Neb1000 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2011 07:59 echO [W] wrote:
On July 04 2011 07:50 Neb1000 wrote:
Ok I have been looking and I want a Filco but I can't find any with blue switches on amazon and haven't been able to find any other sellers. Is there any other US sellers that would have it with blue switches?


http://www.amazon.com/Majestouch-2-Tactile-Keyboard-FKBN104M-EFB2/dp/B004Z0XR2O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&m=A104717BI2VJF7&s=generic&qid=1309733922&sr=1-2

http://www.amazon.com/Majestouch-2-Tenkeyless-Keyboard-FKBN87M-EFB2/dp/B004ZJPSGI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=A104717BI2VJF7&s=generic&qid=1309733922&sr=1-1

These are however, the Ninja editions, meaning the keycaps are I think a rougher texture, and the key lettering is inscribed on the side of the keys, and not the top of the keycaps.

I have looked at those and they have cherry brownes and I really want the blues.

Whoops, for a moment I thought tactile meant blues. Sorry about that.
"Or a school bus over a bunch of kids" - Tasteless --- “A man's errors are his portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
rblstr
Profile Joined February 2011
Ireland398 Posts
July 04 2011 18:12 GMT
#594
Just wanted to add my 2 cents to this discussion.

My Filco Cherry MX Brown Majestouch arrived this morning and my god is it a joy to type on. I wasn't sure about the improvement at first, but after some use this is a really really comfortable keyboard to type on. Coding will never feel the same again. Expensive, but totally worth it.

I also put the red esc and wasd keycaps on because that way everyone will know I'm into ESPORTS and HARDCORE GAMING. (I totally did put the keycaps on though, really nice to look at)
Geordie
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom653 Posts
July 04 2011 18:16 GMT
#595
On April 21 2011 14:19 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2011 02:28 LaiShin wrote:
On April 18 2011 00:28 Automata wrote:
On April 17 2011 23:59 Imperative wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
I got a Filco Majectouch nKRO with Cherry MX blue keys. THe nKRO is useless for SC2 but the build quality is great! I've never owned such a hefty solid keyboard before. Plus it looks awesome too. I think the switch type is a matter of personal preference though. Cherry MX Blues are great for typing - the sound and tactile feedback reminds me of a typewriter lol


How important is NKRO in terms of sc2 anyways? I'm debating on getting a mechanical keyboard but willing to get something cheaper like Razer BW or 6gv2 (both don't have NKRO IIRC). The only games I play are SC2/TF2/BFBC2, so I don't know how important is NRKO.


Well, he did say in his post "THe nKRO is useless for SC2..." You'll have 4-6 key rollovers which is more than enough for sc2/most FPS.

Razer BW is a good budget mech if you're a blues man. -> 6 keys

I don't recommend jumping on the mech bandwagon. I did and it wasn't anything special, not for gaming anyway. IMO, it's not worth it unless u're already planning on getting a new keyboard already.

Razer BW has a bit of a problem with 1a2a3a sometimes not being properly recognized because of poor nkrollover (ie 1a2a3a will leave you with 1a23a, thus group 2 doing nothing), at least in my experience. Im still using it right now tho, because other than that I like it.

It does feel very good to play on it.


Dude if jinro uses any keyboard then im definetly getting it man. Black widow here I come.
OTIX
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden491 Posts
July 04 2011 18:48 GMT
#596
On July 02 2011 04:41 Wihl wrote:
Ordered a Filco tenkeyless with brown switches, wont have it til august though. The Keyboard Company has dumb restocking schedules. Herptyderp no keyboards for 3 months. Anyway, I'm ordering some white keycaps as well. Should be cool.

I couldn't wait til august so I ordered a UK board instead and a set of blank black keycaps. If you're gonna switch the keys anyway I think all european keyboards are mechanically the same.

Love my Filco tenkeyless brown. Feels so good to type on.
b0ub0u
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada445 Posts
July 04 2011 19:24 GMT
#597
Hi guys,
I just finished going through the whole tread.

I am divided between the SS G6V2 or the Filco tenkeyless with brown switches.

It all comes down to Black vs Brown switches. I will playing mostly SC2 and some FPS (near competive level). It seems I cannot find a store here that has them to try it.

Where is the best place to buy the Filco tenkeyless with brown switches? I think I am leaning more toward this one as everyone says the Black switches are pretty hard to type on.
In the swarm we trust
Vestrel
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada271 Posts
July 05 2011 02:55 GMT
#598
Today I bought a Das Model S Silent (brown switches) for myself and a Razer Blackwidow (blue switches) for my brother! I found the Das at NCIX and the Blackwidow at Best Buy.

They're both really awesome keyboards and we love them, especially since these are our first mechanical keyboards. You can immediately feel that there is a huge difference between these and your conventional keyboards. We're never going back. ^^

The Blackwidow is more tactile, gives more of a click when you press the keys than the Das Silent. It's kind of like a 'crunchy' click, is how I would describe it. As for the sound, it's loud enough for me to just barely hear my brother typing from his room down the hall. It's not that bad.

The Das Silent doesn't have quite the same crunchiness. You can feel a *slight* tactile click when you press the keys, and if you type carefully/slowly it is almost silent. Bottoming out the key results in a very pleasant sound. Even though there's none of the clickiness of a blue switch, it's still very worth it.

CatNzHat
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1599 Posts
July 05 2011 03:22 GMT
#599
Das Model S is my favorite, don't worry about the lack of hand rest, and don't get a blackwidow, as the build quality on them is very poor
-zZerg-
Profile Joined December 2010
United States22 Posts
July 05 2011 06:42 GMT
#600
Hi I'm a player with a relatively high apm 250+ and I'm looking for a keyboard that would be easy to use. Sc2 is the only game i play and noise isnt particularly an issue.Not sure what most sc2 progamers use, seems like filco is really good. Any recommendations? Price is not an issue
Prev 1 28 29 30 31 32 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1205
ComeBackTV 1094
SteadfastSC891
TaKeTV 587
IndyStarCraft 210
Rex148
EnkiAlexander 79
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 891
IndyStarCraft 210
Rex 148
ProTech129
BRAT_OK 40
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 43909
Bisu 1688
Shuttle 629
EffOrt 607
BeSt 461
Larva 455
Soma 368
Mini 360
Light 284
ZerO 188
[ Show more ]
Rush 181
Hyuk 111
firebathero 85
Mong 66
Dewaltoss 64
Pusan 52
Sexy 32
ToSsGirL 32
Trap 21
Terrorterran 19
Bale 17
Shine 14
yabsab 14
Rock 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc9991
qojqva1625
Counter-Strike
fl0m1172
Fnx 787
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1528
Khaldor1175
Other Games
hiko1427
FrodaN912
DeMusliM345
Livibee180
Hui .165
ArmadaUGS145
KnowMe122
XaKoH 107
QueenE101
Mew2King76
C9.Mang042
ZerO(Twitch)11
CosmosSc2 10
XBOCT0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV230
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream77
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 41
• StrangeGG 31
• Hinosc 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3978
Other Games
• Shiphtur348
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 24m
CranKy Ducklings
17h 24m
Online Event
18h 24m
FEL
23h 24m
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.