• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:41
CEST 08:41
KST 15:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)29Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8071 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 28

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 54 Next
zZygote
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada898 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-21 23:07:30
May 21 2011 23:07 GMT
#541
Just received my Das Professional S with cherry mx blues. I must say that typing on this is a huge upgrade from my old chiclet keys on my laptop. I can feel that its a lot easier to type on this because I really don't have to press as hard to get the keys to register. On another note where people were complaining about how blue switches don't like it when they doublt tap a specific key, is that its not really noticeable when your actually doing it. I guess when you think about it actually feels a bit uncomfortable whereas if your just typing away it really doesn't come to mind.

I recommend this keyboard because it's very sturdy (it feels very durable, and it's quite heavy), and its a joy to type on it because it sounds so freaking awesome.
jay236
Profile Joined August 2010
29 Posts
May 25 2011 04:51 GMT
#542
http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/491752-mechanical-keyboard-guide.html

This site gives a really good guide on mechanical keyboards if it hasn't been posted already.

I personally bought the XArmor UBL9-S edition (Brown Cherry MX switches). I wanted something with a matte chassis and wrist rest with backlighting as a cool bonus. Cost me a fortune though because of US duties off Amazon.com to ship to Canada.

Would've bought the Das Silent Professional edition if it had media keys and the Xarmor features.
NPHarris
Profile Joined May 2011
91 Posts
May 25 2011 06:15 GMT
#543
It's on the first page.
Olsson
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden931 Posts
May 25 2011 18:04 GMT
#544
Tried the Steelseries 6G V2 Mechanical Keyboard at inferno online today. I played only three games of starcraft due to the server issues and some FPS there. I hated the keyboard because of the buttons feeling so overused and hard to push down. Comments on this?

Is the keyboards black switches very hard to push down or was it just overused? It seems like I will never get comfortable with such a hard pushed keyboard as it will affect my speed. I have over average big hands.
Naniwa <3
echO [W]
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1495 Posts
May 25 2011 18:15 GMT
#545
On May 26 2011 03:04 Olsson wrote:
Tried the Steelseries 6G V2 Mechanical Keyboard at inferno online today. I played only three games of starcraft due to the server issues and some FPS there. I hated the keyboard because of the buttons feeling so overused and hard to push down. Comments on this?

Is the keyboards black switches very hard to push down or was it just overused? It seems like I will never get comfortable with such a hard pushed keyboard as it will affect my speed. I have over average big hands.

They are that hard to push down, some people do say that you get used to it.

If you don't like black switches, consider the browns or blues.

"Or a school bus over a bunch of kids" - Tasteless --- “A man's errors are his portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
vyyye
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden3917 Posts
May 25 2011 18:35 GMT
#546
On May 26 2011 03:04 Olsson wrote:
Tried the Steelseries 6G V2 Mechanical Keyboard at inferno online today. I played only three games of starcraft due to the server issues and some FPS there. I hated the keyboard because of the buttons feeling so overused and hard to push down. Comments on this?

Is the keyboards black switches very hard to push down or was it just overused? It seems like I will never get comfortable with such a hard pushed keyboard as it will affect my speed. I have over average big hands.

The whole point of the blacks is that they're the hardest of the lot, which is supposedly preferable for FPS gaming and such.
Wihl
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden472 Posts
May 25 2011 18:50 GMT
#547
On May 26 2011 03:04 Olsson wrote:
Tried the Steelseries 6G V2 Mechanical Keyboard at inferno online today. I played only three games of starcraft due to the server issues and some FPS there. I hated the keyboard because of the buttons feeling so overused and hard to push down. Comments on this?

Is the keyboards black switches very hard to push down or was it just overused? It seems like I will never get comfortable with such a hard pushed keyboard as it will affect my speed. I have over average big hands.

I've tried both black (at a store) and brown (at a friends house) and I must say that brown switches felt soooo much better. They're a lot lighter to press and feel quite different from the black ones.
Son of Gnome
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States777 Posts
May 25 2011 18:52 GMT
#548
On May 26 2011 03:50 Wihl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2011 03:04 Olsson wrote:
Tried the Steelseries 6G V2 Mechanical Keyboard at inferno online today. I played only three games of starcraft due to the server issues and some FPS there. I hated the keyboard because of the buttons feeling so overused and hard to push down. Comments on this?

Is the keyboards black switches very hard to push down or was it just overused? It seems like I will never get comfortable with such a hard pushed keyboard as it will affect my speed. I have over average big hands.

I've tried both black (at a store) and brown (at a friends house) and I must say that brown switches felt soooo much better. They're a lot lighter to press and feel quite different from the black ones.

Same here thats why i ended up selling my old 6gv2 to buy my new filco with browns its awesome.
Whatever happens, happens
leethon
Profile Joined August 2010
Hungary5 Posts
May 25 2011 19:15 GMT
#549
I just bought a 6gv2 and I love it. I was a little bit afraid what you said about the black switches but It isn't as horrible as mentioned. Personally, I think it is easy to push down. I have been playing with this and I don't believe there was a moment where I lost because I couldn't push down the button...
I also didn't get any fatigue by typing. I just chatted with my friends for 1+ hours and no fatigue at all.

However I didn't try any brown or blue switches. In my country, I can purchase only razer or steelseries keyboard so I had to buy this for saving money and I really recommend it for anyone.
Dannnnn_The_Man
Profile Joined April 2011
United States166 Posts
May 26 2011 01:10 GMT
#550
Im interested in in a mechanical keyboards and i have a love for backlit ones. Ive been looking at the blackwidow but i dont know if the 2 key rollover is going to hurt me in the end or I don't even know if i'll notice it.

Im also looking at a Xarmor U9BL-S which someone recommended earlier, and seeing as it was backlit i was somewhat interested in it.

Do you guys think that the blackwidow would be a good gaming keyboard or should i maybe go with the Xarmor (or if you have suggestions)?
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"
RickOrShay
Profile Joined August 2010
New Zealand132 Posts
May 26 2011 02:41 GMT
#551
had my daskeyboard ultimate(blue switches) for about 2-3 weeks and it is just amazing, so glad I bought this, typing at uni on a rubber dome or at a mates place just seems so dull in comparison now.
FuRRyChoBo
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States218 Posts
May 26 2011 03:51 GMT
#552
I just bought a new BlackWidow and am really excited for it. I've googled a bit but it seems like it's not that common, but is there a way to get white keys for a Jangbi-esque setup with the Blackwidow?
Alakabon
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada111 Posts
May 26 2011 05:15 GMT
#553
As far as i know, Razer does not make white keys. Technically though, it has cherry switches so any kind of keycaps designed for the cherry would fit, but i have yet to see a custom key set with the same kind of font as Razer, or that allow you to profit from the backlighting.
hugman
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden4644 Posts
May 26 2011 11:41 GMT
#554
On May 21 2011 09:46 zala2023 wrote:
my filco mx brown just came in today
and omg my razor blackwidow aint got shit on this fine piece of orgasmic equipment
a few minutes of tying and you can feel the difference

strongly recommended if you got some money to spend, this keyboard, in my humble option, live up to its hype. (its also used by fruitdealer before TSL got sponsored by a gaming equipment manufacturer)

I have one ordered :D
Waiting for it
Rei_Rice
Profile Joined December 2002
Germany91 Posts
May 26 2011 12:18 GMT
#555
My Filco (brown switches) arrived yesterday. Finally... I've been waiting for ages.

Unfortunately I wasn't at home and the post dude gave it to our local post office ( I almost cried...

But today I will get it!!! Can't await.
http://www.ricegamers.com
Rei_Rice
Profile Joined December 2002
Germany91 Posts
May 27 2011 05:22 GMT
#556
So finally i got my Filco Keyboard. After 3 months of waiting I was able to get one with German layout.

The Keyboard is just amazing. I've played a couple of games and wrote some emails yesterday. It feels so good. The brwon switches are just perfect for playing StarCraft. I've never tried any others but I think you can't make a mistake if you go with brown switches.

If you have the money, just buy a Filco. You'll be satisfied.

I'm at work at the moment and suffering because I have to type that post with a non mechanical logitech keyboard T_T. I'm already familiar with the Filco :-)

Think about to buy another Filco for work..
http://www.ricegamers.com
Jago
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland390 Posts
May 27 2011 08:54 GMT
#557
On May 27 2011 14:22 Rei_Rice wrote:
So finally i got my Filco Keyboard. After 3 months of waiting I was able to get one with German layout.

The Keyboard is just amazing. I've played a couple of games and wrote some emails yesterday. It feels so good. The brwon switches are just perfect for playing StarCraft. I've never tried any others but I think you can't make a mistake if you go with brown switches.

If you have the money, just buy a Filco. You'll be satisfied.

I'm at work at the moment and suffering because I have to type that post with a non mechanical logitech keyboard T_T. I'm already familiar with the Filco :-)

Think about to buy another Filco for work..

It gets worse After about 2 months of using a Filco at home, it becomes really annoying to type using cheapo lenovo/dell rubberdomes at work.
dicedicerevolution
Profile Joined October 2009
United States245 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-27 20:14:53
May 27 2011 20:14 GMT
#558
I'm looking to go mechanical, but I'm having trouble finding what I'm looking for. Here are my requirements:

1. Indented caps lock key
[image loading]

2. Cherry MX Black switches

3. USB

Everything else is negotiable. The cheaper the price the better. Help me TL.net you're my only hope D:
Zapdos_Smithh
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2620 Posts
May 28 2011 06:44 GMT
#559
I'd like to upgrade from my Saitek Eclipse 2 that I've been using for quite some years now and move onto a mechanical keyboard. Been looking at the Noppoo Choc Mini and it looks pretty good but damn is it expensive. Anybody own one of these? Want some more reviews.

What I like specifically about it is that the F-keys are very close to the rest of the keys which seems really good for me because I am very reliant on F-keys. However, I am a bit concerned that they might be too close. I don't want to 1a2af3a...any reports on this happening?

Also, looking to get cherry browns with this thing as I like the soft input + lack of sound...but it's a ridiculous 175 on ebay. There's one on craigslist for 100 but it's cherry blues...I hear they suck for double tapping? Also they are damn loud? Specifically on the noppoo.

Any comments from noppoo owners?
Jago
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland390 Posts
May 28 2011 12:22 GMT
#560
On May 28 2011 15:44 Zapdos_Smithh wrote:
Also, looking to get cherry browns with this thing as I like the soft input + lack of sound...but it's a ridiculous 175 on ebay.

Err, 175 for a Noppoo Choc mini is cheap, not "ridiculous". If you actually order it new from the official reseller, the price + shipping will be way higher than 175.
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1467
910 88
Bale 37
Aegong 20
ZergMaN 18
Noble 13
yabsab 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm187
Fuzer 77
League of Legends
JimRising 580
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King352
C9.Mang0155
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1270
Other Games
summit1g9265
PiGStarcraft465
ceh9180
Sick177
ArmadaUGS135
Maynarde128
Livibee100
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick548
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream236
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2286
League of Legends
• Rush1383
• Lourlo1287
• Stunt453
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 19m
OSC
6h 19m
Stellar Fest
6h 19m
OSC
17h 19m
Stellar Fest
1d 6h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.