• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:21
CEST 22:21
KST 05:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8707 users

[Q] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation - Page 29

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 54 Next
echO [W]
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1495 Posts
May 28 2011 22:30 GMT
#561
On May 28 2011 21:22 Jago wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2011 15:44 Zapdos_Smithh wrote:
Also, looking to get cherry browns with this thing as I like the soft input + lack of sound...but it's a ridiculous 175 on ebay.

Err, 175 for a Noppoo Choc mini is cheap, not "ridiculous". If you actually order it new from the official reseller, the price + shipping will be way higher than 175.

$175 for a Noppoo Choch mini is ridiculous, you can find them on eBay for $100ish usually.

If you're patient it should be around that price.

"Or a school bus over a bunch of kids" - Tasteless --- “A man's errors are his portals of discovery.” - James Joyce
hugman
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden4644 Posts
June 02 2011 21:31 GMT
#562
Hmm, I got a Filco with Cherry Brown switches recently and I'm getting stiff / fatigued in my fingers which I've never had a problem with before :X

It's weird because I know that the actuation force on the Brown switches is less than most membrane keyboards. I wonder if it's because of the longer travel distance of the keys. Has anyone else experienced this?
FinBenton
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland870 Posts
June 02 2011 22:47 GMT
#563
You maybe need to stretch and execise your fingers a bit more.
Wihl
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden472 Posts
June 03 2011 00:38 GMT
#564
On June 03 2011 06:31 hugman wrote:
Hmm, I got a Filco with Cherry Brown switches recently and I'm getting stiff / fatigued in my fingers which I've never had a problem with before :X

It's weird because I know that the actuation force on the Brown switches is less than most membrane keyboards. I wonder if it's because of the longer travel distance of the keys. Has anyone else experienced this?

Are you bottoming out / trying hard not to bottom out? That might be why.
Robellicose
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England245 Posts
June 03 2011 08:37 GMT
#565
I'm now the proud owner of a Filco majestouch - I absolutely love it and can recommend it to anyone who wants to buy a mechanical keyboard. I have the version with MX Cherry Brown switches. As hugman mentioned, initially my fingers tired more easily, but I noticed I was still fully depressing the keys rather than merely pressing them down far enough to actuate the switch. Once I fixed that habit typing on this keyboard has been an absolute dream.

I personally got this from the keyboard company - UK based online retailer of keyboards. They have a huge selection, and their customer service was pretty helpful when I asked awkward questions
Portentious and Pretentious
LaiShin
Profile Joined November 2005
Australia978 Posts
June 03 2011 10:55 GMT
#566
On June 03 2011 06:31 hugman wrote:
Hmm, I got a Filco with Cherry Brown switches recently and I'm getting stiff / fatigued in my fingers which I've never had a problem with before :X

It's weird because I know that the actuation force on the Brown switches is less than most membrane keyboards. I wonder if it's because of the longer travel distance of the keys. Has anyone else experienced this?


Try it without stands. And try not to bottom out when typing.
arena_say_what
Profile Joined June 2011
122 Posts
June 03 2011 11:50 GMT
#567
Got my Steelseries 6Gv2 yesterady. This is my first mechanical keyboard and so far I'm not too impressed, sounds nice typing and that's about it. It has a small right shift key and it makes typing a question mark very awkward since you're so used to the question mark being the next key to the right shift key.
Syben
Profile Joined October 2010
United States512 Posts
June 03 2011 13:38 GMT
#568
On June 03 2011 20:50 arena_say_what wrote:
Got my Steelseries 6Gv2 yesterady. This is my first mechanical keyboard and so far I'm not too impressed, sounds nice typing and that's about it. It has a small right shift key and it makes typing a question mark very awkward since you're so used to the question mark being the next key to the right shift key.


Going with a steelseries really probably wasn't the way go to. There are alot of other, cheaper options out there with better keyswitches. I personally love my Leopold with MX Browns
Definitely gonna switch to G, the only race I havent played yet. - TLO
FinBenton
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland870 Posts
June 03 2011 14:01 GMT
#569
For me it took 1-2 weeks to get used to 6Gv2 so no judging after few days of gaming/typing.
Mip
Profile Joined June 2010
United States63 Posts
June 03 2011 14:16 GMT
#570
I didn't read through all 29 pages to see if this was mentioned, but Overclock.net I've found to have good hardware guides, and their mechanical keyboard guide is ridiculously thorough.

http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/491752-mechanical-keyboard-guide.html
DJFaqU
Profile Joined May 2011
466 Posts
June 03 2011 14:43 GMT
#571
You didn't even read through the first page.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
June 15 2011 06:10 GMT
#572
On June 03 2011 06:31 hugman wrote:
Hmm, I got a Filco with Cherry Brown switches recently and I'm getting stiff / fatigued in my fingers which I've never had a problem with before :X

It's weird because I know that the actuation force on the Brown switches is less than most membrane keyboards. I wonder if it's because of the longer travel distance of the keys. Has anyone else experienced this?


Browns, Reds, and Blacks u will have to get used to because of the stiffer actuation. However, after 2 weeks (most say), you become acclamated and actually type/play faster. Remember, Browns and Blues don't require bottoming out, which is why they are suggested for typing. Blacks require bottoming out because they remove the tactile bump (see overclock.net guide). You went with the right switch for RTS, just try and get used to typing a little differently. It's suppossed to feel stiff and fatiguing at first.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
snigor
Profile Joined October 2010
Norway129 Posts
June 15 2011 06:21 GMT
#573
On June 15 2011 15:10 slytown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 03 2011 06:31 hugman wrote:
Hmm, I got a Filco with Cherry Brown switches recently and I'm getting stiff / fatigued in my fingers which I've never had a problem with before :X

It's weird because I know that the actuation force on the Brown switches is less than most membrane keyboards. I wonder if it's because of the longer travel distance of the keys. Has anyone else experienced this?


Browns, Reds, and Blacks u will have to get used to because of the stiffer actuation. However, after 2 weeks (most say), you become acclamated and actually type/play faster. Remember, Browns and Blues don't require bottoming out, which is why they are suggested for typing. Blacks require bottoming out because they remove the tactile bump (see overclock.net guide). You went with the right switch for RTS, just try and get used to typing a little differently. It's suppossed to feel stiff and fatiguing at first.
You don't have to bottom out, Actuation point is @ 2mm, same as with blues/brown. Blues actually needs to be released further before repressing, because of the higher reset point(dubble-tap "issue").
Ashby
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia204 Posts
June 15 2011 07:16 GMT
#574
On January 15 2011 02:48 Xanbatou wrote:
I wouldn't get the 6v2. In fact, I have no idea how people can stand to use that keyboard. Switch preference is one thing, but I cannot tolerate any keyboards that have small backspace keys.

I would actually highly recommend the Razer BlackWidow. I don't know why everyone is so afraid of Razer. I have had two other Razer products besides the BlackWidow (Carcharias headset and DeathAdder mouse) and I haven't had any problems with them. I mean, sure they price gouge a bit but it's not THAT bad..


I had the older top of the range headset and had to send it back three times due to sound issues and microphone issues. Its almost fact that razer are not as reliable as many other brands out there, buuut, they sell products because they look cool haha and if they don't brake or fuck up then they are good.

I think you are just a lucky razer purchaser who hasn't "yet" come across any issues with their products. Which is good on your behalf haha
http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/30597-1.png?1307082433
LaiShin
Profile Joined November 2005
Australia978 Posts
June 15 2011 08:08 GMT
#575
On June 03 2011 06:31 hugman wrote:
Hmm, I got a Filco with Cherry Brown switches recently and I'm getting stiff / fatigued in my fingers which I've never had a problem with before :X

It's weird because I know that the actuation force on the Brown switches is less than most membrane keyboards. I wonder if it's because of the longer travel distance of the keys. Has anyone else experienced this?


yea high five. It's definitely due to the longer travel distance. I'm trying to float on it as i play, tough as.
Blackrobe
Profile Joined August 2010
United States806 Posts
June 16 2011 01:47 GMT
#576
TomsHardware article on mechanical switches/keyboards: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mechanical-switch-keyboard,2955.html

Learned a few new things.
"To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future."
Wihl
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden472 Posts
July 01 2011 19:41 GMT
#577
Ordered a Filco tenkeyless with brown switches, wont have it til august though. The Keyboard Company has dumb restocking schedules. Herptyderp no keyboards for 3 months. Anyway, I'm ordering some white keycaps as well. Should be cool. Picture of the same keyboard/layout as I'll have:

[image loading]
LaiShin
Profile Joined November 2005
Australia978 Posts
July 01 2011 20:05 GMT
#578
As sick as it looks, are you gonna be using gloves when u play? :p
Wihl
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden472 Posts
July 01 2011 20:14 GMT
#579
On July 02 2011 05:05 LaiShin wrote:
As sick as it looks, are you gonna be using gloves when u play? :p

I use a white keyboard at work too and that works fine. If it does get dirty I can just clean the keys, non-issue to me tbh.
Bambipwnsu
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada698 Posts
July 01 2011 20:42 GMT
#580
On July 02 2011 05:05 LaiShin wrote:
As sick as it looks, are you gonna be using gloves when u play? :p


In 10 years, pro players will enter the booth Glenn Gould style and remove their gloves, revealing perfect pianist hands...into gg.
LoL @ NA: bambipwnsu
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 537
JuggernautJason69
Nathanias 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15175
Dewaltoss 114
Bale 11
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4244
Khaldor1767
Liquid`Hasu813
Other Games
summit1g5756
fl0m987
Beastyqt677
shahzam427
FrodaN291
byalli282
ArmadaUGS161
KnowMe161
C9.Mang0161
UpATreeSC85
Mew2King67
PPMD16
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV240
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
Other Games
angryscii15
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie900
• Shiphtur218
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 39m
Stellar Fest
16h 39m
OSC
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 13h
Online Event
1d 14h
FEL
1d 19h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 20h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 22h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.