• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:03
CEST 23:03
KST 06:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8281 users

Will you buy SC2 or pretend you won't but then buy it anyw…

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16 17 Next All
VIB
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Brazil3567 Posts
June 08 2010 13:33 GMT
#81
Hey, just out of curiosity. Out of all of you who say you still "trust" on blizzard's ability of delivering a good game and fixing all the existing issues (bugs, balance, lack of lan etc). Have any of you actually played WoW?

Because it seems to me that most of the people who know Blizzard from BW/diablo only have some really high hopes that they're still great. While people who know Blizzard from WoW seem to be pretty certain that they won't fix anything. But they'll play anyway for the same reason they play wow: there's just anything else to do.

Or at least that's the impression I get talking to friends from both games. Or am I wrong?

Personally, I'm 100% sure that there will always be many eye-glaring bugs and balance issues on sc2 that will last forever. I'm not buying the game, but I had decided that long before the beta. I'll just watch vods instead of playing just like I do for bw.
Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people.
BluzMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Russian Federation4235 Posts
June 08 2010 13:34 GMT
#82
I can buy and boycott at the same time. The deal in Russia is buy for a small price and after a year of multiplayer buy more to extend b.net subscription. It's definetely worth it's 20$ to go through single. I can boycott it later =))
You want 20 good men, but you need a bad pussy.
maybenexttime
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Poland5871 Posts
June 08 2010 13:36 GMT
#83
On June 08 2010 20:44 kcdc wrote:
This anti-Blizz crap is crazy. (1) You'll all buy it. It's a great game. (2) Are you really surprised that a game company wants to make money by selling games and associated products? They make great games in order to make profit. This is how business works. Companies that don't make profit can't invest the kind of resources it takes to make a game like SC2.


(1) Stop fucking telling me what I'm going to do (all of you). I won't buy it. (2) SC2 is good but there are several major issues preventing it from being great gameplay wise, imo. BNet 2 is horrible and was supposed to be an improvement. I'd rate the overall experience as 3-4 out of 10. Add to that what Blizzard has been doing to the BW esports scene lately and how they fail to even listen to us.

They do not make good games anymore. They can't ride on their past reputation forever. As it stands, BNet 2 sucks.

What surprises me is not that they want to make money off of SC2. It's the fact that they deliberately want to release a subpar product to make a bigger profit. That's not Blizzard as we know them.
Spawkuring
Profile Joined July 2008
United States755 Posts
June 08 2010 13:40 GMT
#84
On June 08 2010 22:33 VIB wrote:
Hey, just out of curiosity. Out of all of you who say you still "trust" on blizzard's ability of delivering a good game and fixing all the existing issues (bugs, balance, lack of lan etc). Have any of you actually played WoW?

Because it seems to me that most of the people who know Blizzard from BW/diablo only have some really high hopes that they're still great. While people who know Blizzard from WoW seem to be pretty certain that they won't fix anything. But they'll play anyway for the same reason they play wow: there's just anything else to do.

Or at least that's the impression I get talking to friends from both games. Or am I wrong?

Personally, I'm 100% sure that there will always be many eye-glaring bugs and balance issues on sc2 that will last forever. I'm not buying the game, but I had decided that long before the beta. I'll just watch vods instead of playing just like I do for bw.


I've played WoW, and still mostly trust Blizzard. The vast majority of the WoW-hate is just bandwagon jumping. The game certainly has flaws, but at no point in its lifespan has it ever deserved even a fraction of the hate it gets. I honestly find most WoW-haters downright childish.
killercheebo
Profile Joined November 2009
Korea (North)46 Posts
June 08 2010 13:43 GMT
#85
On June 08 2010 22:30 Spawkuring wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 22:26 killercheebo wrote:
thing is, according to their EULA and terms of service, blizz has every intellectual right to take those great "UMS" maps and charge people money every time they download it


They also have the EULA right to ban you at anytime. Doesn't mean that they will actually do it though. The bad press would make such an action have large consequences for Blizzard. Very few EULAs are used down to the letter. For the most part they are just legal safeguards.


if uve been paying attention, u'd probably have realized they said they are considering monetizing player-created custom maps
NORTH KOREA PWNS AT SC
Spawkuring
Profile Joined July 2008
United States755 Posts
June 08 2010 13:45 GMT
#86
On June 08 2010 22:43 killercheebo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 22:30 Spawkuring wrote:
On June 08 2010 22:26 killercheebo wrote:
thing is, according to their EULA and terms of service, blizz has every intellectual right to take those great "UMS" maps and charge people money every time they download it


They also have the EULA right to ban you at anytime. Doesn't mean that they will actually do it though. The bad press would make such an action have large consequences for Blizzard. Very few EULAs are used down to the letter. For the most part they are just legal safeguards.


if uve been paying attention, u'd probably have realized they said they are considering monetizing player-created custom maps


And they said that it will be through a marketplace at the player's consent.
TheMute
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States458 Posts
June 08 2010 13:45 GMT
#87
What I loved about BNET 1.0 was that my friends and I would just hop on iccup, get in the same chatroom, mingle a bit, start some game either teamsies or has observers, and then after the game mingle some more. Not having chatrooms would negatively change my game experience. It's not all about playing the game. Talking to a bunch of people (friends) is a part of it as well. Not having that is a BIG deal. And not being able to play against my European friends makes me go... ehhhhh... and having no LAN makes me go bleeeehhhh.

I'll wait for when they fix 2.0 up.
Friends are simply people you can do/say vulgar things to.
TheNomad
Profile Joined April 2010
United States134 Posts
June 08 2010 13:47 GMT
#88
Honestly, I think the majority of people will buy it. Yes the game has it's problems (what new game in beta doesn't?!??!) I know PLENTY of other games that are MUCH worse off even AFTER release. Starcraft 2 is an amazing game. Things like Bnet 2.0, User interface, balance, etc... can all be adjusted, changed, or fixed in the future. Blizzard has always been a great company and they know what the user wants, just because a few people bitch and complain doesn't mean they will change it right away. Things will get better, honestly think about it. I am a VERY competitive RTS player and I was rank 1 Plat(when it was top) and rank 1 diamond basically all of beta. The game is developing and moving forward very quickly but even then, if all else fails, I STILL love the UMS maps which I was playing the last few days of beta which are already badass.
DeCoup
Profile Joined September 2006
Australia1933 Posts
June 08 2010 13:47 GMT
#89
I'd love to know how many of the boycott voters have the game preordered. I'm guessing at least 1/4 of them. I'd also bet that at least half of them do intend to buy the game.
"Poor guy. I really did not deserve that win. So this is what it's like to play Protoss..." - IdrA
Garaman
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States556 Posts
June 08 2010 13:49 GMT
#90
On June 08 2010 19:37 MorroW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 19:35 killercheebo wrote:
On June 08 2010 19:33 Brad wrote:
The term boycott is so ridiculous, it's such a petulant stance.


There are many people who are being turned away from SC2 and won't be buying the game. I myself included. Therefore, term boycott is the strongest and most effective way to describe this.

Since I read many posts which people said they won't be buying the game, I just want to see how many people would actually go through with their statements.

now ppl can say "ok i wont buy it" just to be cool fit in and feel good about themselves beacuse they go their way. but how long is it gonna take? 1 month or 1 year? blizzard knows that they will eventually just give up and guy the game, it will improve by time and i bet 90% of ppl who say this will just wait for a few patches and bnet to get alittle sharper then buy the game anyway


nope. i am officially turned off for good on sc2.
you are just conjecturing the game will improve, or they will fix bnet 0.2 but thats just wishful thinking.
blizzard lost my vote of confidence and i am done with their products after being an avid supporter from warcraft 2 up till warcraft 3.

you are just a blind supporter to a greedy corporation.
DarKFoRcE
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1215 Posts
June 08 2010 13:50 GMT
#91
On June 08 2010 19:37 killercheebo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 19:34 DarKFoRcE wrote:
The gameplay is good, so i'll buy it. I have hopes that bnet 2.0 will improve in the future.


and that is how activision is misleading you. they are exploiting SC1 and blizzard's past good reputation into making fans believe that they will improve bnet 0.2, when in fact they won't. After enough units have been sold and money have been squeezed out of SC2, they will simply stop caring


Maybe thats the case, maybe not, you have no definite proof that that's how it is going to happen. Im sure that i will have lots of fun with SC2 despite the crappy bnet, so i will buy the game.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/PinDarKFoRcE
Spawkuring
Profile Joined July 2008
United States755 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 13:52:00
June 08 2010 13:51 GMT
#92
On June 08 2010 22:49 Garaman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 19:37 MorroW wrote:
On June 08 2010 19:35 killercheebo wrote:
On June 08 2010 19:33 Brad wrote:
The term boycott is so ridiculous, it's such a petulant stance.


There are many people who are being turned away from SC2 and won't be buying the game. I myself included. Therefore, term boycott is the strongest and most effective way to describe this.

Since I read many posts which people said they won't be buying the game, I just want to see how many people would actually go through with their statements.

now ppl can say "ok i wont buy it" just to be cool fit in and feel good about themselves beacuse they go their way. but how long is it gonna take? 1 month or 1 year? blizzard knows that they will eventually just give up and guy the game, it will improve by time and i bet 90% of ppl who say this will just wait for a few patches and bnet to get alittle sharper then buy the game anyway


nope. i am officially turned off for good on sc2.
you are just conjecturing the game will improve, or they will fix bnet 0.2 but thats just wishful thinking.
blizzard lost my vote of confidence and i am done with their products after being an avid supporter from warcraft 2 up till warcraft 3.

you are just a blind supporter to a greedy corporation.


Every single Blizzard game to date, both pre and post Activision, have been heavily supported by patches and improvements to the game. There's nothing implying that SC2 will be any different. It's not baseless conjecture when it's heavily supported by past actions. The burden of proof that they won't improve is primarily in your court.
SkCom
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada229 Posts
June 08 2010 13:52 GMT
#93
are you nuts, you'll buy it just like everyone else
end of thread =o
Garaman
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States556 Posts
June 08 2010 13:53 GMT
#94
On June 08 2010 22:47 TheNomad wrote:
Honestly, I think the majority of people will buy it. Yes the game has it's problems (what new game in beta doesn't?!??!) I know PLENTY of other games that are MUCH worse off even AFTER release. Starcraft 2 is an amazing game. Things like Bnet 2.0, User interface, balance, etc... can all be adjusted, changed, or fixed in the future. Blizzard has always been a great company and they know what the user wants, just because a few people bitch and complain doesn't mean they will change it right away. Things will get better, honestly think about it. I am a VERY competitive RTS player and I was rank 1 Plat(when it was top) and rank 1 diamond basically all of beta. The game is developing and moving forward very quickly but even then, if all else fails, I STILL love the UMS maps which I was playing the last few days of beta which are already badass.


sc2 isnt an amazing game. bw is an amazing game. bnet 2.0 is horrendous, but what incentive does blizzard have to change it when blind fans continue to buy their product (thats all they care for now, sales). you are just hoping for the best that things get better, but blizzard is taking a stance i don't agree with and am done with the franchise.
blizzard is the great company that refuses lan support, can't play singler play offline, limits your map making to 5 or wahtever.. no this is not the blizzard i know or can support.
slowmanrunning
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada285 Posts
June 08 2010 13:53 GMT
#95
STOP MAKING THIS THREAD
I aim to become a hydralisk and then stop posting, cause I don't wanna be a queen...
CROrens
Profile Joined May 2007
Croatia1005 Posts
June 08 2010 13:56 GMT
#96
youre damn right ill buy it, its SC2 for gods sake
There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives. - Anonymous ......||......Hyuk fan! \o/
Mylin
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden177 Posts
June 08 2010 13:58 GMT
#97
On June 08 2010 22:33 VIB wrote:
Hey, just out of curiosity. Out of all of you who say you still "trust" on blizzard's ability of delivering a good game and fixing all the existing issues (bugs, balance, lack of lan etc). Have any of you actually played WoW?

Because it seems to me that most of the people who know Blizzard from BW/diablo only have some really high hopes that they're still great. While people who know Blizzard from WoW seem to be pretty certain that they won't fix anything. But they'll play anyway for the same reason they play wow: there's just anything else to do.

Or at least that's the impression I get talking to friends from both games. Or am I wrong?

Personally, I'm 100% sure that there will always be many eye-glaring bugs and balance issues on sc2 that will last forever. I'm not buying the game, but I had decided that long before the beta. I'll just watch vods instead of playing just like I do for bw.


Heh I actually also have this feeling that those of us that played WoW are alot more skeptical towards Blizzard then those who didn't =)
no
mesca
Profile Joined April 2010
Austria46 Posts
June 08 2010 14:00 GMT
#98
On June 08 2010 19:37 killercheebo wrote:
After enough units have been sold and money have been squeezed out of SC2, they will simply stop caring

This is complete bull. Blizzard never stops caring about their games. Diablo 2 got a pach 10 years after its release!
immacolate
Profile Joined February 2009
Serbia199 Posts
June 08 2010 14:01 GMT
#99
On June 08 2010 22:52 SkCom wrote:
are you nuts, you'll buy it just like everyone else
end of thread =o


I will not buy it "like everyone else", you braindead bot. There are people out there with some free will, you know. I respect my money and free time too much to waste them on SC2.
Lobo2me
Profile Joined May 2010
Norway1213 Posts
June 08 2010 14:02 GMT
#100
Preordered CE 2 months ago. It's the expansions I may not bother to get if things get worse.
Bad manners are better than no manners at all.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
SteadfastSC519
EnkiAlexander 89
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 519
ZombieGrub140
JuggernautJason106
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20062
Soulkey 231
White-Ra 162
Mini 153
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 22
Shine 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever7
League of Legends
Doublelift2761
Counter-Strike
fl0m1330
shoxiejesuss497
C9.Mang0172
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4467
Khaldor2093
Liquid`Hasu1534
Trikslyr39
Other Games
summit1g3775
ArmadaUGS2586
B2W.Neo446
shahzam438
Pyrionflax183
Mew2King71
Railgan29
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream111
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 2
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 49
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• HerbMon 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV429
League of Legends
• TFBlade1009
• Noizen106
Other Games
• Scarra1293
• imaqtpie930
• Shiphtur270
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 57m
OSC
15h 57m
Stellar Fest
15h 57m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.