• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:03
CEST 23:03
KST 06:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8287 users

Will you buy SC2 or pretend you won't but then buy it anyw…

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2959 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 10:58:14
June 08 2010 10:54 GMT
#21
Gonna buy it.

The BNet2.0 bugs will be fixed and the issues like no chat channels etc. well we'll see about them. They're no deal breaker for me though and I trust Blizzard to improve the BNet by quit a lot as time goes.
People also seem to forget that BNet2.0 has some pretty awesome features as the party building which just makes things so much easier. The interface overall is really cool.

The non existing Lan is alright as I think it is the best valid anti piracy method.

The game itself is pretty flawless and the campaign looks very promising.
I see no reason why I shouldn't buy this game.

Oh and it's in my opinion pretty pathetic to give it 1 star ratings on amazon as practical none of the casual customers care much about the current cross server restrictions.

Edit:
And I also think that everyone who promotes piracy like e.g. torrenting the game should be banned from TL. I've seen quite a lot people do so in this one huge anti-Blizzard thread and am pretty shocked with the TL staff being just fine with it. Cannot believe such is tolerated here.
WrathBringerReturns said: No no no. Sarcasm is detected in the voice. When this forum is riddled with stupidity, you think I can tell every post apart? Fair enough it was intended sarcastically, was it obvious? Of course not.
Kantutan
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada1319 Posts
June 08 2010 10:56 GMT
#22
How is boycotting SC2 even possible? For the few thousand who actually decide not to buy it, there will be millions upon millions who do...
Garrl
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Scotland1980 Posts
June 08 2010 10:56 GMT
#23
On June 08 2010 19:47 TuElite wrote:
I want to boycott it because of all the bullshit Blizzard pulled off and his getting away with...

But... I want to play the game you know... So yeah, I know I will end up buying it.


Pretty much the reason why games companies don't take their fans seriously. ;;
Wonderballs
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada253 Posts
June 08 2010 11:00 GMT
#24
On June 08 2010 19:38 jtgizmo wrote:
this thread is slightly silly, 90% of those who go - im not going to buy, will end up buying the game anyway. so whole poll for this topic is mute.


I think you mean moot

not to be ANAL or anything.
I thought Jesus would come back before Starcraft 2.
blae000
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway1640 Posts
June 08 2010 11:02 GMT
#25
I will buy the game, and no LAN isn't that big of a deal. But if i could choose I would want them to put LAN back in. It is other things I would prefer them to changed instead of LAN. But still..

There is alot of signs on the petitiononline site. Have the link been posted at the blizzard forums or something, so blizzard can see it to?
Liquid
Lighioana
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway466 Posts
June 08 2010 11:04 GMT
#26
3rd option: I don't know. Why do people never add this? Things are never black&white.
And forgive me nothing for I truly meant it all
Polis
Profile Joined January 2005
Poland1292 Posts
June 08 2010 11:04 GMT
#27
On June 08 2010 19:54 Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo wrote:
Gonna buy it.

The BNet2.0 bugs will be fixed and the issues like no chat channels etc. well we'll see about them. They're no deal breaker for me though and I trust Blizzard to improve the BNet by quit a lot as time goes.
People also seem to forget that BNet2.0 has some pretty awesome features as the party building which just makes things so much easier. The interface overall is really cool.


Joined TL.net Monday, 29th of March 2010

Or maybe you just don't know how i worked in BN 1.0? Now describe what this awesome feature allows you to do, and how it workst, and we compare it to the BN 1.0 way, kk?
VladCepesh
Profile Joined June 2010
Serbia12 Posts
June 08 2010 11:05 GMT
#28
On June 08 2010 19:41 Polis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 19:27 shawabawa wrote:
Bnet has screwed up a little bit, but after trying out wc3 custom games yesterday I have to say I absolutely love the new custom game browser in comparison. I can't believe people want to go back to the shitty wc3 system where games appear randomly on your list and joining with friends is nearly impossible.


What are you talking about? If you want to play with your friends then create the game yourself. How is the new system better for that?


Please refer yourself to husky's explanation on youtube if you want to know why bnet 0.2 and general state of things. It explains a good lot.



And by my personal opinion if we as gamers let this fly, it will only become worse. Each game will be a step back then the last one.
"A well placed grunt is better than thousand words."
Kim_Hyun_Han
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
706 Posts
June 08 2010 11:06 GMT
#29
I'm gonna buycott it
Chillsen
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany98 Posts
June 08 2010 11:06 GMT
#30
The only thing i'm boycotting is the price.
55 € on some sites and places, i'm willing to pay 40€ not a penny more
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
tehswarmerer
Profile Joined February 2009
United States14 Posts
June 08 2010 11:07 GMT
#31
the real title of this thread should actually be "Will you buy this game atleast 3 times (or even more if you want to play with people from other countries) and also pay a monthly fee for bnet 2.0 although ICCUP is better lol?

Blizzard is a business first, a video game company second. They want your monies and want to appeal to as many and as wide of demographics as possible. Not only will this game suck but it will kill brood war.


fuck
fortehswarm
Talic_Zealot
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
688 Posts
June 08 2010 11:07 GMT
#32
There should be a rating system for new threads and an automatic thread closure if it goes below 40% positive..
There are three types of people in the universe: those who can count, and those who cant.
FreeDoM[YA]
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Canada855 Posts
June 08 2010 11:08 GMT
#33
Even though I'm angry at Activision Blizzard for their fail LAN support, I know I'm going to end up buying the game anyway.....

Blizzard-1
FreeDoM-0
Batch
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden692 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 11:13:17
June 08 2010 11:12 GMT
#34
I will buy it. Don't know why there is so much crying?

Here comes some thoughts from a player which didn't play SC to any greater extent:

Graphics - Great. Not to much eye candy but still enough to make the game pleasant to watch.
Gameplay - Good diversity between the races. Some mechanics added like multiple building selection which removes some of the APM intensive elements but I think this is a good thing.
Balance - The balance is pretty good already. I never played SC when it was released but my guess is that SC2 is more balanced now in the beta than SC was a year after the release.
Skill cap - Even with som mechanics removes I don't see anyone will be playing the game with perfection in the future. There is many elements which the proos can train on and get better at.
Spectator friendly - Blizzard has added a lot of things like unit counts which makes the game more spectator friendly. Sure, they could add an option where several persons synchroniously could watch the same repley in some way and that will probably be done after the release.
LAN - Ok, no LAN. Maybe I'm ignorant but why do we need to have LAN other than for the reason to pirate the game to be able to play with friends? My guess is that the latency to the closest servers at bigger live tournaments will be neglectable.
Cross realm play - At the moment it looks like there will be no such thing, and this is bad. I think they should add the possiblility to do cross realm play even if the latency will be horrible. When I was a CS player back in the days nearly no games where playded across the atlantic, but the possibility existed.
Chat rooms - The absence of chat rooms is what I think is the worst thing with Bnet 2.0. This is such a small thing that will add a great amonth to the SC2 community feeling. Not having chat rooms is a real blunder but is it enough to boycot the game?
Go0g3n
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Russian Federation410 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 11:21:38
June 08 2010 11:12 GMT
#35
There are Four major flaws in the game experience, Blizzard has to cover 2/4 to have my $60:

1. LAN
2. Cross-Realm play
3. Chat channels as they used to be
4. Custom Game Selection w/ Names and proper filters


If Blizzard wants my $40-60 for the first expansion, they only have to do one thing:

Keep their promise on adding custom-created maps and their timely modifications to the Ladder Map Pool.

That's about it.
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
June 08 2010 11:13 GMT
#36
i won't be buying it...simply cause i can't afford it... =S
Trux
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia12 Posts
June 08 2010 11:16 GMT
#37
I rather enjoyed playing the beta, but their current stance on a lot of things Bnet 2.0 and sales-related are things I just outright don't agree with. For now and on release it's a boycott, with the possibility of buying if things improve.
No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.
endGame
Profile Joined June 2009
United States394 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 11:19:00
June 08 2010 11:16 GMT
#38
On June 08 2010 20:04 Lighioana wrote:
3rd option: I don't know. Why do people never add this? Things are never black&white.


Because either you buy it, or you don't. An "I don't know" is merely a gauge of those who didn't take part in the poll which can be gauged by comparing the poll to the size of the community to which it's addressed. I'm with you in spirit though, I understand that there is no way one can have a definite and absolute understanding of the situation. I can see why they don't implement LAN. Their way of reasoning cross-realm play is grounded in the poor design of Battle.net 2.0, which is a choice of theirs to consume a good chunk of their "community good will" to turn a profit. Unfortunately for Blizzard executives, I don't think their quite aware of how much they've been shitting on their gaming communities since the Activision-Blizzard merger. And, sorry for the "explanation-turned-rage" post

Edit: Also as a side note, I'm buying the game just because I want to play Starcraft 2. Guess my principles aren't that strong eh? -.-
"...As the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must." -Thucydides
RisingTide
Profile Joined December 2008
Australia769 Posts
June 08 2010 11:18 GMT
#39
You know what. I'm going to buy the game. I've been waiting almost a decade for it, so as much as I'd like to man up and deny Blizzard the cost of one game, I'm not going to. But I'm sad.I'm sad because I know that that aura of professionalism that every single other Blizzard game has ever had is fading. They are still going to sell a ridiculous number of copies of this game because they have a fanbase that will buy it on faith. But that faith isn't going to be there much longer. This once great company isn't dieing gloriously, but slowly, painfully, as the fans who've bought wc2, sc, diablo I&II, wc3 and wow begin to leave it, because things aren't the same anymore.
Go0g3n
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Russian Federation410 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 11:20:15
June 08 2010 11:18 GMT
#40
By the looks of it Blizzard already managed to lose 20% of potential buyers, probably a lot more in Korea and China with ~18-21 ratings and the whole KeSPA thing, - good start.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
SteadfastSC519
EnkiAlexander 89
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 519
ZombieGrub140
JuggernautJason106
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20062
Soulkey 231
White-Ra 162
Mini 153
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 22
Shine 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever7
League of Legends
Doublelift2761
Counter-Strike
fl0m1330
shoxiejesuss497
C9.Mang0172
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4467
Khaldor2093
Liquid`Hasu1534
Trikslyr39
Other Games
summit1g3775
ArmadaUGS2586
B2W.Neo446
shahzam438
Pyrionflax183
Mew2King71
Railgan29
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream111
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 2
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 49
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• HerbMon 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV429
League of Legends
• TFBlade1009
• Noizen106
Other Games
• Scarra1293
• imaqtpie930
• Shiphtur270
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 57m
OSC
15h 57m
Stellar Fest
15h 57m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.