• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:03
CEST 23:03
KST 06:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8281 users

Will you buy SC2 or pretend you won't but then buy it anyw…

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 Next All
Tyraz
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
New Zealand310 Posts
June 08 2010 22:55 GMT
#301
On June 09 2010 07:45 TieN.nS) wrote:
I don't even like this terrible game but I'm buying it (and putting it on eBay if I still hate it in a month).

Lol and the person who buys it will be like "woooooo.. I <3 this username I didn't get to choose!".
That, and wouldn't it still be 'registered' under your name?
100% Pure.
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
June 08 2010 22:57 GMT
#302
I have high hopes for private ladders popping up very quickly if bnet 2.0 continues to disappoint, so I'm definitely gonna buy it and wait it out.
JohannesH
Profile Joined September 2009
Finland1364 Posts
June 08 2010 22:58 GMT
#303
Dunno if I will buy it. Not for a while at least.
If you have to ask, you don't know.
Reaper9
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1724 Posts
June 08 2010 23:01 GMT
#304
I definitely will wait until they get rid of my real name and email, so I may play in peace.
I post only when my brain works.
Baarn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2702 Posts
June 08 2010 23:03 GMT
#305
On June 09 2010 08:01 Reaper9 wrote:
I definitely will wait until they get rid of my real name and email, so I may play in peace.


You a celebrity or something?
There's no S in KT. :P
Wr3k
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada2533 Posts
June 08 2010 23:03 GMT
#306
The game is beautiful, even if Bnet2.0 isn't that amazing, the greatness of the multiplayer will make it a massive hit.
daarkside
Profile Joined July 2005
Germany56 Posts
June 08 2010 23:17 GMT
#307
On June 09 2010 08:01 Reaper9 wrote:
I definitely will wait until they get rid of my real name and email, so I may play in peace.


its teh internetz dude, u can be miley cyrus
SkCom
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada229 Posts
June 08 2010 23:18 GMT
#308
lolfacebookwut
oh well, the game, at least, is alright
NuKedUFirst
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada3139 Posts
June 08 2010 23:18 GMT
#309
Boycott, complain and buy it anyways.
FrostedMiniWeet wrote: I like winning because it validates all the bloody time I waste playing SC2.
micze
Profile Joined September 2009
Sweden6 Posts
June 08 2010 23:19 GMT
#310
Pirate
Free food? Im in!
TieN.nS)
Profile Joined August 2003
United States2131 Posts
June 08 2010 23:20 GMT
#311
On June 09 2010 07:55 Tyraz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2010 07:45 TieN.nS) wrote:
I don't even like this terrible game but I'm buying it (and putting it on eBay if I still hate it in a month).

Lol and the person who buys it will be like "woooooo.. I <3 this username I didn't get to choose!".
That, and wouldn't it still be 'registered' under your name?


:p Nah, I mean selling the unopened CE I have preordered (at discount). One month from now, the game won't be out yet!
Lexpar
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
1813 Posts
June 08 2010 23:20 GMT
#312
Lol, buy it for sure. It's a solid game, has a cool looking singleplayer and a multiplayer I already know is fantastic and will get even better. Silly question.
waxypants
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States479 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 23:31:59
June 08 2010 23:31 GMT
#313
Poll is terrible. What if you just don't like the game or you don't have time for it? That's not a boycott.
killercheebo
Profile Joined November 2009
Korea (North)46 Posts
June 08 2010 23:39 GMT
#314
On June 09 2010 07:28 uniquee wrote:
"pretend you won't but then buy it and then buy it anyways"

ahh man, classic. This was my exact view of everyone crying that they won't buy it.


you're an idiot. why would anyone buy the game if theyre boycotting it? if anything i would stick my middle finger at blizz by getting a pirated copy and playing on a iccup-like private ladder

there are several b.net 0.2 emulator projects out right now and its very close to being crapped.
NORTH KOREA PWNS AT SC
jamesr12
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1549 Posts
June 08 2010 23:44 GMT
#315
On June 09 2010 08:39 killercheebo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2010 07:28 uniquee wrote:
"pretend you won't but then buy it and then buy it anyways"

ahh man, classic. This was my exact view of everyone crying that they won't buy it.


you're an idiot. why would anyone buy the game if theyre boycotting it? if anything i would stick my middle finger at blizz by getting a pirated copy and playing on a iccup-like private ladder

there are several b.net 0.2 emulator projects out right now and its very close to being crapped.


blizz will shut down any cracked server so fast
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=306479
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
June 08 2010 23:49 GMT
#316
Everything aside, I can't WAIT to buy this game. Even if there was miraculously no multiplayer (somehow), I would still buy it for the campaign. All in all, despite all the let-downs, starcraft 2 rocks. It could be much, much worse. It's fun to play, fun to watch, highly competitive, and has the greatest community on earth backing it. What more could you want in a video game (other than chat rooms)?
good vibes only
c0rn1
Profile Joined June 2010
Germany146 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 23:51:32
June 08 2010 23:49 GMT
#317
On June 09 2010 07:21 daarkside wrote:
CONTINENTS

not all, but most
take any big game (cs wc3 wow dota cod) all of them are far less global then bw
as i said above, its the natural way how ppl act IF they have the opportunity to stay regional/continental
bw never had the opportunity and was played global, it wasnt a wish from the scene it was a necessity



Sorry, but I do not agree with your statement in any way. I play Computer Games since ages. And I mean literally ages (about 25+ years). And the biggest cornerstone in my eyes was the Internet. Not because of the nice easy money dump which is a huge part of the internet nowadays. It was about the people I met. I played my first MMOG in Diablo I and have met so many people from all over the world. I even have a really good friend since 1997 from Brazil which I'd never had met without "cross realm play". Then I moved over to Ultima Online. I denied to play on Drachenfels but instead I chose Atlantic servers and I met so many nice and interesting people there of whom I call alot still friends to me after all these years.
Games are supposed to be a fun part of life. I don't mind if companies like Blizzard even did a good amount of cash for quality games they produced but I refuse to take on that business model Activion Blizzard is developing for SC2. As much as it broke my heart when I broke off UO when EA bought Origin, I guess it will break my heart to break off Blizzard since they brought me alot of fun in my past. And it's not everything about the game, actually it is less about the game, more about the community.
Look at EA games nowadays. It's an anonymous meat grinding for the most part. The community is mostly (sorry if I use that word) retarded from what you can read in chats or hear on voice.
Gaming is about the fact that everyone is being able to access it and have fun times with people around the world. It's more about global thinking and exchange than business.
I think if Blizzard of old would charge a mere $50 for SC2 they'd have more than all their expenses covered. I would even say they'd be able to run Bnet until the times of our deaths for no extra charge at all. Battle.Net is a meeting point for people. Not only for gaming.

Cheers

c0rn1

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english in parts since it's not my native language
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. " (Albert Einstein)
wiesel
Profile Joined September 2008
Germany727 Posts
June 08 2010 23:52 GMT
#318
On June 09 2010 08:44 jamesr12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2010 08:39 killercheebo wrote:
On June 09 2010 07:28 uniquee wrote:
"pretend you won't but then buy it and then buy it anyways"

ahh man, classic. This was my exact view of everyone crying that they won't buy it.


you're an idiot. why would anyone buy the game if theyre boycotting it? if anything i would stick my middle finger at blizz by getting a pirated copy and playing on a iccup-like private ladder

there are several b.net 0.2 emulator projects out right now and its very close to being crapped.


blizz will shut down any cracked server so fast


People said the same about WoW. And now there are thousands of private servers. Blizzard will try to shut down the famous ones but once the emulator is spreaded there's no chance for blizzard.
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
June 08 2010 23:54 GMT
#319
I'm buying it regardless of whether I'm satisfied with the things I want changed or not just because I'm a SC fan.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
killercheebo
Profile Joined November 2009
Korea (North)46 Posts
June 08 2010 23:58 GMT
#320
On June 09 2010 08:44 jamesr12 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2010 08:39 killercheebo wrote:
On June 09 2010 07:28 uniquee wrote:
"pretend you won't but then buy it and then buy it anyways"

ahh man, classic. This was my exact view of everyone crying that they won't buy it.


you're an idiot. why would anyone buy the game if theyre boycotting it? if anything i would stick my middle finger at blizz by getting a pirated copy and playing on a iccup-like private ladder

there are several b.net 0.2 emulator projects out right now and its very close to being crapped.


blizz will shut down any cracked server so fast


they cant if theyre in 3rd world country, like Laos, etc
NORTH KOREA PWNS AT SC
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
SteadfastSC519
EnkiAlexander 89
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 519
ZombieGrub140
JuggernautJason106
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20062
Soulkey 231
White-Ra 162
Mini 153
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 22
Shine 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever7
League of Legends
Doublelift2761
Counter-Strike
fl0m1330
shoxiejesuss497
C9.Mang0172
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4467
Khaldor2093
Liquid`Hasu1534
Trikslyr39
Other Games
summit1g3775
ArmadaUGS2586
B2W.Neo446
shahzam438
Pyrionflax183
Mew2King71
Railgan29
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream111
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 2
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 49
• Azhi_Dahaki30
• HerbMon 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV429
League of Legends
• TFBlade1009
• Noizen106
Other Games
• Scarra1293
• imaqtpie930
• Shiphtur270
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 57m
OSC
15h 57m
Stellar Fest
15h 57m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.