• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:16
CEST 02:16
KST 09:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8164 users

Will you buy SC2 or pretend you won't but then buy it anyw…

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 17 Next All
CrunkOwns
Profile Joined April 2010
United States138 Posts
June 08 2010 14:45 GMT
#121
Seems like the main reasons for not buying are

1) too poor
2) too noob to play matchmaking
3) actual issues with bnet 2.0 / gameplay

I think people are just saying 3 when its really 1 and 2
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. – Seneca the Younger
futoM4ki
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany73 Posts
June 08 2010 14:46 GMT
#122
On June 08 2010 23:41 BuFFo wrote:
For me, it is esentially a clone of SC1. I was expecting a new race, but instead, I got a rehash of a 12 year old game.


Did you even play both games???
ridiculous

Do you really want chat rooms?
Talic_Zealot
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
688 Posts
June 08 2010 14:48 GMT
#123
On June 08 2010 23:33 speedphlux wrote:
Definately BUY, but not immediately ... Kinda broke ATM.

This is just... I don't find any sense in it.. You know that this game is awesome and will be even more so but you won't help it be even better...
The whole boycott thing is totally idiotic to me.
There are three types of people in the universe: those who can count, and those who cant.
Spawkuring
Profile Joined July 2008
United States755 Posts
June 08 2010 14:48 GMT
#124
On June 08 2010 23:41 BuFFo wrote:
I will not be buying SC2.

For me, it is esentially a clone of SC1. I was expecting a new race, but instead, I got a rehash of a 12 year old game. Not only that, but to insult me, I need ot buy the campaigns for the races I like? That is unacceptable.

Also, Bnet v2. 'Nuff said. Should I even begin to say what I don't like about Bnet?


It's funny that you say it's bad for being a rehash considering that 99% of the complaints about SC2's gameplay are that it's too different from SC1.
D10
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Brazil3409 Posts
June 08 2010 14:50 GMT
#125
I might buy it, but not because I think its the game its suposed to be, but because theres 0 competition, all other RTS are utter crap, and even when blizzard fails horribly, they are still a cut above the rest.

Mostly the game is gonna work as an alternative to Civ V when im burned out from playing it 20 hours straight
" We are not humans having spiritual experiences. - We are spirits having human experiences." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 14:53:10
June 08 2010 14:52 GMT
#126
I'm not going to buy it, at least not initially, (because I currently own a more entertaining RTS) but that doesn't mean I'm boycotting it.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
BuFFo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States24 Posts
June 08 2010 14:54 GMT
#127
On June 08 2010 23:48 Spawkuring wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 23:41 BuFFo wrote:
I will not be buying SC2.

For me, it is esentially a clone of SC1. I was expecting a new race, but instead, I got a rehash of a 12 year old game. Not only that, but to insult me, I need ot buy the campaigns for the races I like? That is unacceptable.

Also, Bnet v2. 'Nuff said. Should I even begin to say what I don't like about Bnet?


It's funny that you say it's bad for being a rehash considering that 99% of the complaints about SC2's gameplay are that it's too different from SC1.


For the Layman, the game play is essentially the same. For the 'elite' few, it may be worlds different. I am not a pro, but the game, to me, mine as well be an expansion to the first game. Add some units here, and that is it.

So yeah, for that 1 person who understand the deep mechanics of the game, it may be different, but for the other 10,000 casual gamers, it is the same shuck and jive.

On June 08 2010 23:46 futoM4ki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 23:41 BuFFo wrote:
For me, it is esentially a clone of SC1. I was expecting a new race, but instead, I got a rehash of a 12 year old game.


Did you even play both games???
ridiculous



Such a witty remark.

First off, it is my opinion. If you do not like it, I do not care.

Second... Yes, it is a rehash. For a decade I was waiting to see the Xel'Naga as a playable race, but instead I have SC1 all over again, minus two campaigns that I need to buy? Really?

Maybe you are okay with substandard quality, but I am not.
Reason
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United Kingdom2770 Posts
June 08 2010 14:55 GMT
#128
On June 08 2010 23:48 Talic_Zealot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 23:33 speedphlux wrote:
Definately BUY, but not immediately ... Kinda broke ATM.

This is just... I don't find any sense in it.. You know that this game is awesome and will be even more so but you won't help it be even better...
The whole boycott thing is totally idiotic to me.

He's saying he will buy it but he can't afford it straight away...
Speak properly, and in as few words as you can, but always plainly; for the end of speech is not ostentation, but to be understood.
theslayer922
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada304 Posts
June 08 2010 14:56 GMT
#129
fucking sc2 sucks salty balls. BW for life.
(+ bnet 2.0 is terribad) voting boycott
In the Donger I Trust
QueueQueue
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada1000 Posts
June 08 2010 14:58 GMT
#130
The concept of boycotting video games is pointless and stupid. The amount that will actually do it will be so small in the grand scheme of their world wide sales that it's just some lost moral cause. The majority of people playing it are enjoying it, and will continue to do so when they purchase it on release.
Piy
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Scotland3152 Posts
June 08 2010 15:00 GMT
#131
Lots of bad stuff obviously, but it's still the best rts I've played since BW (maybe WC3, I can't decide).

Obviously I'll buy it.
My. Copy. Is. Here.
Tuplex
Profile Joined May 2010
80 Posts
June 08 2010 15:03 GMT
#132
SC2 is awesome, I'm going to buy it. Stop all your whining. Are you not having fun playing the game? Then just go play something else. Who gives a shit about Activision's profits or losses? Either you like the game and think it has a fair price, or you go play something else.
UbiNax
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark381 Posts
June 08 2010 15:05 GMT
#133
there is no reason to boycot sc2 imo, sure there is some problems with bnet 2.0 but its blizzard they will fix it in time, and im sure alot of it will be fixed at release or shortly after.

i will buy collector
DuneBug
Profile Joined April 2010
United States668 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 15:11:57
June 08 2010 15:06 GMT
#134
The multiplayer in SC2 is fine. I appreciate the smoother macro mechanics because BW's annoyed me. I appreciate the cool things you can do with nydus worms, proxy pylons and techlab/reactor switches.
I wouldn't call it amazing. Better graphics and smoother mechanics, and I like watching the average SC2 game a lot more than the average BW... (progamers are still awesome to watch).

I'm only really paying 20$ for ladder though. I'm paying 20$ for an awesome single player campaign, and 20$ for the chance to play some crazy fricken custom maps.

its not worth 60$ just to play ladder.. to me.

Also in regards to Blizzard trying to maximize profits...... I'm interested to see how the fee structure for this game will be... There's this stuff about limited battlenet time, I don't want to pay a fee to use battle.net and if they require that i'm not buying their damn game til its in a bargain bin.

Other shit like cross-region play I don't personally care about, and i'm kinda happy that i won't have to deal with laggy non-region players in my games. But they ought to set up SOMETHING just for the pro-scene.
TIME TO SAY GOODNIGHT BRO!
Uriel_SVK
Profile Joined April 2010
Slovakia427 Posts
June 08 2010 15:09 GMT
#135
Battle.net might be a pain in the ass, but SC2 is a great game, already preordered, not gonna cancel.
Longshank
Profile Joined March 2010
1648 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 15:14:31
June 08 2010 15:13 GMT
#136
Battle.net 2.0 is Blizzard's platform for all future games including D3(or atleast for quite a while). Thinking it won't evolve TONS in the comming years is downright laughable. Battle.net is probably more important for them at this point than SC2.

That doesn't mean they'll add LAN or x-region, those are design decissions. But you can be sure they'll do all they can for it to be a rock solid platform for years to come.
showbiz
Profile Joined May 2010
United States66 Posts
June 08 2010 15:14 GMT
#137
Regardless of anyone's strong emotions at the current moment, nobody on this forum is going to boycott this game, guaranteed.
Kisra
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom466 Posts
June 08 2010 15:17 GMT
#138
The arguement "The WoW devs never listen to the playerbase so SC2 devs won't listen too" isn't a strong one.

1) The WoW playerbase is enormous. Those posting on the forums tend to be in the camp of the well known saying: "Scissors are fine, but nerf paper please. Signed, rock.". Even good suggestions will be drowned out by the huge number of people arguing about whether warlocks are imbalanced, rogues do too much DPS, or that warriors aren't good tanks. Getting distilled, good feedback to the devs is nigh impossible, especially with such a broad game.

2) The above point brings me onto SC2. SC2 will similarly be enormous, but it's a very focused game. It's designed around 1v1 gameplay in a highly competitive sense and will be built up around that. Starcraft 2 as a game will, however, most likely be balanced around data and not community feedback. The community is simply too large and this means the "My faction is too weak!" camp will be far more reprisentative, as these are often the ones screaming on forums.

What does this mean for game balance? It means the only thing that should influence design decisions are numbers, or if one issue is overwhelmingly evident in the pro circuit (IE: Every tournament won by the same build, so every pro swaps to play that way). I think, personally, this is a far, far more comforting thought than everyone having their say in the development of the game. The public does not actually know best.

3) Battle.net 2.0 seems to be the biggest bugbear for now, and yeah, I get worried too. However, Blizzard have recently stated that they'll look at the major community complaints, and do you know what? I trust them. Especially if names like Husky, HDstarcraft, and Day9 keep pointing out the flaws to their large audiences (such as the kitten video), it won't be something they can forget.

I doubt LAN play will be implemented due to piracy fears, and yeah, I can see the bugbear there. Cross-realm play will also be a big frustration, which might get implemented (although I'm not holding my breath). Still, any pro league will have accounts on standby for foreign players and I have to say I think the people desperate to spread their time 50/50 over two realms are in the severe minority. You probably know a few European people and would like to play against them every now and then, but I don't think it's gamebreaking. Call me a maverick for saying so.

4) Achievements, groups, and some units remind me of WoW!. Achievements have been around a long, long time before WoW ever adopted them and, you know what? They're not different than how the WC3 ladder had different icons for wins with a certain race. They're not exactly a good reason to boycott the entire game.

Groups, if neatened up, could actually be a very easy way to organise you and your friends into team battles. My only complaint with the grouping system is that I can't pick 1v1 maps while in a group, if that gets fixed, I rather like it. It makes it very quick and easy to get me and my friends in a game.

Stalkers, Immortals and Roaches remind you of nerubians? What? Protoss sure don't have a history of making four-legged semi-mech units, do they? Zerg never had a unit that used to scuttle it's way over a battlefield and do interesting things while burrowed. They're just impersonating nerubians, of course.

To close: Rogue's vanish has been bugged since 2006 and still never been fixed.

Debatable. It's vastly improved but due to how latency works, vanish will always have a chance of not working ideally. It still works 99.9% of the times in the modern game, however.

This post reminds me of the usual post you get on WoW forums complaining about how bad the game has become for everyone since the old days. Did you ever raid Naxxramas? If you did, you were one of the top percentile, and no doubt a huge chunk of your gameplay was either farming money for pots, or farming resources for pots.

Gee, fun times. Clearly Blizzard are a soulless monster for making WoW a more accessible game, and clearly they're the epitome of evil for adding Immortals and Stalkers to SC2.

Some of the points in this post might've sounded a little snarky. Being honest, they were.
:D
futoM4ki
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany73 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 15:30:29
June 08 2010 15:18 GMT
#139
On June 08 2010 23:54 BuFFo wrote:
Maybe you are okay with substandard quality, but I am not.

Substandard quality.... XD
Fine, stay with C&C :-P

Do you really want chat rooms?
Ocedic
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1808 Posts
June 08 2010 15:19 GMT
#140
On June 08 2010 19:37 killercheebo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 19:34 DarKFoRcE wrote:
The gameplay is good, so i'll buy it. I have hopes that bnet 2.0 will improve in the future.


and that is how activision is misleading you. they are exploiting SC1 and blizzard's past good reputation into making fans believe that they will improve bnet 0.2, when in fact they won't. After enough units have been sold and money have been squeezed out of SC2, they will simply stop caring


And you have what for your baseless assumptions? Have you even played any other Blizz game other than BW? Games have been increasingly supported and updated AFTER Brood War.

You have every right to be dissatisfied with their Bnet 2.0 service and not buy the game if you want, but don't spread blatant misinformation because others don't agree with you.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12581
Rain 1775
Artosis 810
White-Ra 202
ToSsGirL 43
Dota 2
monkeys_forever616
NeuroSwarm145
League of Legends
Doublelift4399
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1516
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2278
WinterStarcraft137
Other Games
summit1g9122
shahzam687
ArmadaUGS640
Day[9].tv583
JimRising 490
C9.Mang0306
ViBE140
Maynarde119
Trikslyr46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick745
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 95
• davetesta28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra955
• Day9tv583
• Shiphtur274
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
9h 45m
OSC
12h 45m
Stellar Fest
12h 45m
OSC
23h 45m
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.