• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:16
CEST 02:16
KST 09:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8164 users

Will you buy SC2 or pretend you won't but then buy it anyw…

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 17 Next All
Templar.
Profile Joined May 2009
Canada133 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 14:06:09
June 08 2010 14:02 GMT
#101
Lol, for all those who are saying there going to boycott the game.. do you honestly think blizzard is gonna care about a thousand people boycotting a game that will have millions of sales? Now, i applaud the effort but boycotting will not have an effect what so ever, especially since in a month a year two years, 95% of the "boycott the game" people will have caved and bought the game anyways.

Battle net 2.0 is brand new, obviously it is going to have some major and a lot of minor flaws.. and everyone says "don't feed the corporate pigs with money" blah blah, obviously most people haven't realized the rather lacking quality of games made over the last few years by all companies.. even a lot of the big name games are rather unbalanced or having flaws in them. Be happy that blizzard has dedicated so much time to at least give you a fairly balanced game.
Crunchums
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States11144 Posts
June 08 2010 14:03 GMT
#102
If I don't buy it it won't be as a boycott. I don't like the melee but I'll probably end up buying it for the UMS.
brood war for life, brood war forever
Kerotan
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
England2111 Posts
June 08 2010 14:04 GMT
#103
On June 08 2010 22:47 DeCoup wrote:
I'd love to know how many of the boycott voters have the game preordered. I'm guessing at least 1/4 of them. I'd also bet that at least half of them do intend to buy the game.

I'm boycotting and I don't have it preordered.

I'm not buying until they sort a number of issues out with BNET 2.0, and to all those that say, "you'll buy it anyway."

No really, I'm not going to, and its not going to be difficult either, the money I don't spend on Sc2 can be spent on food instead, or a nice new t-shirt.
I didn't buy modern warfare 2 because of the dedicated server issue, and I won't be buying Sc2.

However, and this is a MASSIVE however, obviously I do intend to buy the game at some point, because the idea of boycotting something you weren't going to buy anyway seems to miss the point.
I want SC2 to succeed, but right now it seems immoral to endorse the game by buying, and make no mistake I will be following the progress of the game closely, and as soon as things take a turn for the better (cross-realm, better BNET in general), I will snap up a copy (perhaps by that time at a reduced price - a odd perk of boycotting) of the game, but until then the purse strings remain tightly bound.
Nerdette // External revolution - Internal revolution // Fabulous // I raise my hands to heaven of curiosity // I don't know what to ask for // What has it got for me? // Kerribear
CrunkOwns
Profile Joined April 2010
United States138 Posts
June 08 2010 14:09 GMT
#104
I sense a common feeling that people think when the game releases, that is it. That is how gameplay and Bnet 2.0 are going to be and the beta was a failure. The reality is that post release is no different than beta. Everything is subject to change and based on precedence I think there's a very good chance that Blizzard will satisfy our wants.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. – Seneca the Younger
ZergTurd
Profile Joined June 2010
83 Posts
June 08 2010 14:12 GMT
#105
I bet 95% of the people who voted boycott, won't.
Skvid
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Lithuania751 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 14:15:24
June 08 2010 14:15 GMT
#106
On June 08 2010 23:12 ZergTurd wrote:
I bet 95% of the people who voted boycott, won't.

Ofcourse they won't, there should've been a humorous poll option "both"
illu
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada2531 Posts
June 08 2010 14:15 GMT
#107
I'll buy after expansions come out....
:]
Ghad
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Norway2551 Posts
June 08 2010 14:18 GMT
#108
The mere futility of a very few thousands of hard core gamers boycotting a game that will sell hundreds of thousand if not millions is just mindboggling.

I loved the gameplay, and hence will buy the game.
forgottendreams: One underage girl, two drunk guys, one gogo dancer and starcraft 2. Apparently just another day in Europe.
SoMuchBetter
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Australia10606 Posts
June 08 2010 14:19 GMT
#109
buying but will probably jump ship to the first functioning cracked servers for my freedom back
AUSSIESCUM
TeamLiquid eSTROgeneral #1 • RIP
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 14:23:01
June 08 2010 14:20 GMT
#110
WoW is probably the best supported game ever (which it should be, you pay a lot of money for it). People are blaming their lack of fun playing on Blizzard, in reality they should know that things get kinda repetitive after years of playing. I know that when I play WoW occasionally that it is more of a social activity for me, because I have made so many friends there. 5 years of raiding or 4 years of arena or BGs, seriously, there are only a handful of games in my life that I've played more than a few weeks. It is undeniable that they are milking the cow in WoW and it has become much more casual friendly, but these are not the reasons I don't have that much fun anymore playing it.

Back to SC2, there is a kinda big developer team that has worked on thins game for several years. You know, bad companies don't do that, you can get away with throwing half-ass games onto the market. Activision does not seem to be the nicest mother company, but that surely won't make me not buy the game. The only real issue I see is the lack of chatrooms, and if the communitiy wants them, we will get them in the end. Cross-realm play is only a problem for esports and a fraction of users, and LAN would be nice, but that's not deal-breaking for me either.

People complaining about balance issues now are delusional, it will take time, there is no doubt about that. And besides that, there is also a big single-player campaign coming, which is probably worth the money by itself, at least for me. Videos and story-line and stuff, not starting every match with 6 workers, should be fun too.

I would buy this game blindly, since Blizzard always delivered. If I am disappointed with this product, I simply won't buy the expansions blindly or any new products of them. That's how I always do it. I am not basing my buying-decision on some internet rants.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Rabiator
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany3948 Posts
June 08 2010 14:21 GMT
#111
I will not buy the game. When it comes out the only part which interests me and a few friends is the campaign. Maybe we will buy one copy for several people, so we can all play through the campaign, but thats about it I guess; maybe I will wait until the first expansion, when there will be bundles sold for the price of one game, maybe I will even wait for the whole trio of games to be sold for 10€ ...
If you cant say what you're meaning, you can never mean what you're saying.
QibingZero
Profile Blog Joined June 2007
2611 Posts
June 08 2010 14:23 GMT
#112
Pretty easy decision for me, honestly. Not only is the bnet 2.0 / LAN / regional stuff utter failure, but I still enjoy BW a lot more than I did SC2 during any part of beta. Yeah yeah 'it's just beta', but not only is there a lack of any innovation whatsoever in the genre this time (at least WC3 had that...), but they've actually gone backwards as far as competitive play goes.

That leaves the only reasons left for buying to be single player / UMS play, and if I'm truly concerned about that I'm sure I can check out the single player via friends (and see if the UMS are worth the price of admission).

I'll probably consider it again if the game has significantly improved in a year or so. Then again, if the game is going to heavily change yet again a year after that with the next expansion, I don't know. It's cliche to say it, but the post-WoW Blizzard is too greedy for my tastes.
Oh, my eSports
cemlions
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada43 Posts
June 08 2010 14:24 GMT
#113
I don't mind boycotting it, I've played the beta and it is not as good as BW, I have faith the Iccup scene will last because the first game is so good. So as long as I know servers exist where a competetive fun community exists, I will stick with BW.
I knew I wasn't a noob cause I just didn't feel good when I was noobing out
Scorpius
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden36 Posts
June 08 2010 14:30 GMT
#114
Cross-region play is the most importen of B.net 2.0 to fix!! not chat rooms not LAN. cross-regional play is the only thing that is gonna cost you alot of money to have if they dont fix it...
Takkara
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2503 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 14:38:14
June 08 2010 14:31 GMT
#115
On June 08 2010 23:24 cemlions wrote:
I don't mind boycotting it, I've played the beta and it is not as good as BW, I have faith the Iccup scene will last because the first game is so good. So as long as I know servers exist where a competetive fun community exists, I will stick with BW.


Protip: You can play more than one video game at a time.

I played SC2 beta, kept casually raiding with friends in WoW, just finished Mass Effect 2, playing Mass Effect 1, just finished first playthrough of Torchlight, am replaying Chrono Trigger on my DS when I travel, and I have Assassin's Creed 2 at home waiting to be started.

Don't all golfclap for me at once, I'm just one person and I'm sure there are many more out there that can split attention to more than one game. You need to devote time to SC to get significantly better, but it isn't necessary to skip one game over the other unless you're playing it competitively.
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
speedphlux
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Bulgaria962 Posts
June 08 2010 14:33 GMT
#116
Definately BUY, but not immediately ... Kinda broke ATM.
... Humanity Is Not What I Suffer From ...
BWdero
Profile Joined February 2008
Netherlands476 Posts
June 08 2010 14:40 GMT
#117
I'm not buying this game as long as LAN, cross region play and chatrooms are not in it. On principle.

From the looks of thing I won't ever be buying it.
Stars fighting! Member #43 of Violet fan cafe. Fuck Kespa.
BuFFo
Profile Joined May 2010
United States24 Posts
June 08 2010 14:41 GMT
#118
I will not be buying SC2.

For me, it is esentially a clone of SC1. I was expecting a new race, but instead, I got a rehash of a 12 year old game. Not only that, but to insult me, I need ot buy the campaigns for the races I like? That is unacceptable.

Also, Bnet v2. 'Nuff said. Should I even begin to say what I don't like about Bnet?
futoM4ki
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany73 Posts
June 08 2010 14:45 GMT
#119
I will not buy it, but not for boycott reasons.
It´s more that I feel I don´t need it + it´s not worth the money.
What do I need SC2 for if BW is the better game?
I think it´s just stupid if you want this game and don´t buy it to boycott Blizzard.
Even if the hole TL community wouldn´t buy SC2, they wouldn´t even care.

cya Blizz
gg, no re
Do you really want chat rooms?
peffi
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany44 Posts
June 08 2010 14:45 GMT
#120
my payment will come around this time and i will have 100 bucks together to buy the collectos-edition. then i will make a picture of it, a screenshot of an epic game and a pic of all the funny stuff inside the collectors-box and post it here just to laugh at all boycotters^^

no really i dont think you wont buy it. because at least you registered at the forum and wrote more or less much inhere. put your effort and time into helping or hating blizzard... whatever. i bet 5dollars that 97% in the forum will buy the game. even if they just clicked the boycott vote
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12581
Rain 1775
Artosis 810
White-Ra 202
ToSsGirL 43
Dota 2
monkeys_forever616
NeuroSwarm145
League of Legends
Doublelift4399
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1516
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2278
WinterStarcraft137
Other Games
summit1g9122
shahzam687
ArmadaUGS640
Day[9].tv583
JimRising 490
C9.Mang0306
ViBE140
Maynarde119
Trikslyr46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick745
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream97
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 95
• davetesta28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra955
• Day9tv583
• Shiphtur274
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
9h 45m
OSC
12h 45m
Stellar Fest
12h 45m
OSC
23h 45m
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.