• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:17
CEST 09:17
KST 16:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)29Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8865 users

Will you buy SC2 or pretend you won't but then buy it anyw…

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 17 Next All
Jayme
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States5866 Posts
June 08 2010 15:24 GMT
#141
On June 09 2010 00:19 Ocedic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 19:37 killercheebo wrote:
On June 08 2010 19:34 DarKFoRcE wrote:
The gameplay is good, so i'll buy it. I have hopes that bnet 2.0 will improve in the future.


and that is how activision is misleading you. they are exploiting SC1 and blizzard's past good reputation into making fans believe that they will improve bnet 0.2, when in fact they won't. After enough units have been sold and money have been squeezed out of SC2, they will simply stop caring


And you have what for your baseless assumptions? Have you even played any other Blizz game other than BW? Games have been increasingly supported and updated AFTER Brood War.

You have every right to be dissatisfied with their Bnet 2.0 service and not buy the game if you want, but don't spread blatant misinformation because others don't agree with you.


I dunno I tend to agree with him.

I have played and loved every blizzard game, I really have. I wasted countless hours on D2, SCBW, WC3, and WoW and I know that in GENERAL blizzard really cared about their games. What I have noticed though is that this isn't the same blizzard that made those games great. This is the same blizzard that produced WotLK which when looked at objectively is nothing more than a blatant money grab.

SC2 gameplay is fine though not earth shattering and it's really only so hyped because it rides on the success of its predecessor. If it were any other title it would have no where near the hype. That being said SC2 game play is fine.

Bnet 2.0 really really kills it for me. I have so many issues with the way the multiplayer works in SC2 that I cannot in good conscience buy it. I made such a mistake once with MW2...I will not do it again. I'll buy SC2 when and if Bnet 2.0 is actually fixed and has at least the same functionality of Bnet 1.0.
Python is garbage, number 1 advocate of getting rid of it.
bubblegumbo
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Taiwan1296 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 15:30:01
June 08 2010 15:27 GMT
#142
I don't understand how the OP is able to post on the internet from North Korea, but yea I agree that not allowing cross-region play on one game copy is a huge factor that is making me consider not buying SC2.
But obviously those casual players living in the US don't give a shit about this restriction.
"I honestly think that whoever invented toilet paper is a genius. For man to survive, they need toilet paper!"- Nal_rA
Longshank
Profile Joined March 2010
1648 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 15:31:48
June 08 2010 15:28 GMT
#143
On June 09 2010 00:24 Jayme wrote:
SC2 gameplay is fine though not earth shattering and it's really only so hyped because it rides on the success of its predecessor. If it were any other title it would have no where near the hype. That being said SC2 game play is fine.


Much like SC1?

edit: point was that SC was also hyped big time when it was released thanks to Warcraft 2. And gameplay at release wasn't that fantastic.
Takkara
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2503 Posts
June 08 2010 15:30 GMT
#144
On June 09 2010 00:24 Jayme wrote:
when looked at objectively is nothing more than a blatant money grab.


I'm going to regret this. But this phrase "money grab" is just becoming far too popular, without any basis in reality. It's getting to the point of overuse like "cheese" and "rush" where the word just has no meaning anymore how it's being used.

Please explain how "objectively" it is nothing more than a blatant money grab. Remember the definition of objectively now: it means without any personal opinion or bias or conjecture. It means that regardless of who is looking at the situation the facts can only be interpreted in one way.

Seeing as how your definition of money grab probably differs from someone else's definition of money grab, it's going to be very hard to objectively paint something as a money grab.
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
PanzerDragoon
Profile Joined March 2010
United States822 Posts
June 08 2010 15:34 GMT
#145
This will be just like the "Modern Warfare 2 boycott" where you see all the people in "boycott SC2" groups....playing SC2
Boonbag
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
France3318 Posts
June 08 2010 15:34 GMT
#146
boycott ofc
psyote
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Germany15 Posts
June 08 2010 15:35 GMT
#147
semi-boycott
will buy when prize<= 20 EUR
Typho0n
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada276 Posts
June 08 2010 15:36 GMT
#148
On June 09 2010 00:34 PanzerDragoon wrote:
This will be just like the "Modern Warfare 2 boycott" where you see all the people in "boycott SC2" groups....playing SC2


...exactly. Everyone is going to buy sc2. Maybe a small hand full won't but even then I see them breaking and buying it later.
bull0563
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
112 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 15:41:15
June 08 2010 15:39 GMT
#149
The golden days are over. Blizzard still has huge budget to make big games. But they are not the loving caring company they used to be.
So they will still produce quality games. They will just fuck the customer while they are at it. And i can't say i blame them. It's not like there are other companies making a proper rts.

If you are still thinking of boycotting. Try comparing SC2 with All ea RTS After Tiberium wars.
Backpack
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1776 Posts
June 08 2010 15:40 GMT
#150
IMO people who boycott starcraft should also boycott TL.

As of now the "Starcraft 2 Discussion" is "Starcraft 2 QQ and Boycotting"

For all these people who are apparently going to "boycott" the game, they spend an awful lot of time on these forums and the official forums yapping about it.
"You people need to just generally care a lot less about everything." -Zatic
Spawkuring
Profile Joined July 2008
United States755 Posts
June 08 2010 15:40 GMT
#151
On June 09 2010 00:24 Jayme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 09 2010 00:19 Ocedic wrote:
On June 08 2010 19:37 killercheebo wrote:
On June 08 2010 19:34 DarKFoRcE wrote:
The gameplay is good, so i'll buy it. I have hopes that bnet 2.0 will improve in the future.


and that is how activision is misleading you. they are exploiting SC1 and blizzard's past good reputation into making fans believe that they will improve bnet 0.2, when in fact they won't. After enough units have been sold and money have been squeezed out of SC2, they will simply stop caring


And you have what for your baseless assumptions? Have you even played any other Blizz game other than BW? Games have been increasingly supported and updated AFTER Brood War.

You have every right to be dissatisfied with their Bnet 2.0 service and not buy the game if you want, but don't spread blatant misinformation because others don't agree with you.


I dunno I tend to agree with him.

I have played and loved every blizzard game, I really have. I wasted countless hours on D2, SCBW, WC3, and WoW and I know that in GENERAL blizzard really cared about their games. What I have noticed though is that this isn't the same blizzard that made those games great. This is the same blizzard that produced WotLK which when looked at objectively is nothing more than a blatant money grab.


WotLK is nowhere near a money grab. It contains just as much content as any other expansion, and the fact that raiding is easier doesn't make it a money grab. If you've taken even a small glance at Ulduar, you'd know that they still put tons of effort into WoW, and Cataclysm has so many user-requested features that to call it a money grab is nothing short of a blatant lie. In fact I'd say that Cataclysm is the ultimate "fuck you" to all those who call Blizzard greedy.
Daedie
Profile Joined March 2010
Belgium160 Posts
June 08 2010 15:42 GMT
#152
I'll be buying it, and most ppl that claim to "boycot" will buy it too.
I like turtles
revy
Profile Joined September 2009
United States1524 Posts
June 08 2010 15:43 GMT
#153
On June 08 2010 19:37 killercheebo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 08 2010 19:34 DarKFoRcE wrote:
The gameplay is good, so i'll buy it. I have hopes that bnet 2.0 will improve in the future.


and that is how activision is misleading you. they are exploiting SC1 and blizzard's past good reputation into making fans believe that they will improve bnet 0.2, when in fact they won't. After enough units have been sold and money have been squeezed out of SC2, they will simply stop caring


Because this is the good way to run a business? While I wont deny that it hasn't ever happened time and time again businesses that do this see a great immediate benefit at the expense of killing themselves in the future. Blizzard is smarter than this. Before you start in with the "But Activision is evil and they control Blizzard now" nonsense Blizzard is still Blizzard. They became big by making quality games which are well supported, they wont turn their backs on this now.

Say whatever you want, Blizzard has delivered a very enjoyable multiplayer experience. I know that the single player will also be great. So B.net 2 isn't all that it was cracked up to be, do you really think that the same team which made a great game wont complete the package? There are 2 expansions coming on down the line, Blizzard wont be so stupid as to turn off the fanbase and kill the sales of the expansions.

The internet is so negative.
Simsar
Profile Joined November 2009
Sweden27 Posts
June 08 2010 15:45 GMT
#154
I'm currently leaning more towards a boycott, at the very least i won't buy it with the initial release. I will probably go back to play broodwar.
clickrush
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Switzerland3257 Posts
June 08 2010 15:46 GMT
#155
Ok so there are some ppl who dont like the game and will not buy it. iam fine with this.
oGsMC: Zealot defense, Stalker attack, Sentry forcefieldu forcefieldu, Marauder die die
bmml
Profile Joined December 2009
United Kingdom962 Posts
June 08 2010 15:48 GMT
#156
I'm not sure about boycott but I've cancelled my preorder. I've played a shit load of ladder in beta and just dont think that with the current custom game / chat room situation I don't particularly want to buy it, whether any of this changes in the next push will effect my purchase ofc.
Impeller
Profile Joined October 2007
Mexico29 Posts
June 08 2010 15:54 GMT
#157
Voted for Boycott because I "hate" blizzard but the game is excellent and even more addictive than BW. Bought in on amazon presale and never canceled even though I said I would. It's just too good. Hope they fix bnet which sucks camel balls.
You do not talk about fight club!!
MER
Profile Joined June 2008
Bulgaria125 Posts
June 08 2010 15:57 GMT
#158
I'm one of the people to boycott the game. Let me explain exactly why:

If Blizzard were trying their best to make a perfect game with perfect user experience and catered to the fans and e-sport as they claim, but were failing in their attempts I would support them and buy SC2.

However, even for an idiot it's pretty obvious that every crap they do is on purpose - no LAN, no cross-server play, map marketplace, even trying to take over the e-sport scene! Why do they throw all this shit at us - because they have honorable intentions but got it wrong by accident? No! They do it for greed for money and control over the gamers. They're treating the community like sheep who can be brainwashed with some marketing crap.

I won't buy the game not because it's a failure but because Blizzard blatantly tries to lie to us and manipulate us!... Oh sorry Pardo, you didn't lie when you said battle.net 2.0 would blow our minds, it really did, literally!

I don't care how good the actual game is, if the company is trying to lie and manipulate me I will never support it!

Btw, similar thing is going to happen with Civilization 5, it'll ship with obligatory Steam and lots of "awesome" DLC. Similar discussions are going on at the moment in the Civ community as well.

In conclusion here are a couple of great eye-openers for people who think this is just an unfounded whining:
http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=25026564417
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=128252

And here is some food for thought about battle.net 2.0 and why it may've delayed the release of SC2:
2) Activision-Blizzard officially merged only 2 years ago. StarCraft II was in development for 7? years (2003), StarCraft II itself looked pretty good even in the videos back in the day when they announced it (May 2007)… The release of StarCraft II was delayed by almost a year because “Battle.Net 2.0 wasn’t ready”. Tell me how exactly could it happen that a game, which has been developed for 7 years had to (re)start work on a basic feature clearly required for it to work in the first place so close to its release date and when exactly did the paradigm change start?
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=128252&currentpage=31#616
Eti307
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
Canada3442 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 16:06:45
June 08 2010 16:05 GMT
#159
Even with all those complaints, shitty battlenet 2.0, no lan etc.. it is still a must buy. Come on I've been spending more time on the SC2 beta than any other games for the past month or 2. I enjoyed it quite a bit and I'm pretty sure I'll play this game for a long time. Not to mention the full game includes the singleplayer campaign.

I've already played more of this game than some of my games I bought for more than 60$. Boycotting the game won't do anything lol. Sure we Starcraft players have a lot of complaints but look at the overall situation.. casual gamers will still buy the game, not conscious of this whole situation. I just think boycotting a great game is ridiculous.
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
June 08 2010 16:11 GMT
#160
buy it . its a nobrainer.. i mean its sc2. release will be so much fun. masses of IMBAIMBA! crying wow noobs evrywhere to stomp! yeah!


but ofc as long as blizz is refusing to give us what we need ill do evrything to bitch around as much as possible.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
910 87
Bale 36
Aegong 31
ZergMaN 19
yabsab 11
Noble 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm176
Fuzer 82
League of Legends
JimRising 554
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King258
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1679
Other Games
summit1g8855
ceh9395
olofmeister346
Happy259
Sick162
ArmadaUGS132
Livibee98
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick562
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream274
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 15
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2304
League of Legends
• Rush1320
• Lourlo1119
• Stunt476
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
2h 44m
OSC
5h 44m
Stellar Fest
5h 44m
OSC
16h 44m
Stellar Fest
1d 5h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.