Wiki: D/C man vs machine Teamleague
Defiler.ru page: http://defiler.ru/tourney/?t=443 (used by the team captain to register the team and submit replays)
Organizer(s): Martin Rooijackers (LetaBot)
Caster(s): nepeta (man vs machine matches)
Registration possible till Tuesday 5 April 23:59 CET. Don't forget to also press "check-in" when registering on defiler.ru
Zachtronics industries expressed interest in sponsoring a man vs machine TeamLeague. To attract more low level players, and give the bots a chance to win, it is going to be a tournament for D/C level players ( anyone with a max rank lower than C+ level ).
The tournament style is going to be an All-Kill Format , double elimination bracket with 4-player teams . You can sign up with a team that has less than 4 players, it just means that the opposing team has less players it needs to take down to win.
Signing up as a human player:
Before signing up, check the maximum rank you achieved on all your ICCUP accounts. If the maximum rank is C+ or higher on at least one of these accounts, your rank is to high for this tournament. Exception can be made on a case by case basis ( for example if you got the high rank quite a while ago).
To sign up as a human player, you either create a team or join an existing team.
To create a team, the team captain registers and checks-in on the defiler.ru tournament manager here.
The team captain also posts the following information in this TeamLiquid thread:
(It is not compulsory for a Team captain to play in the actual tournament)
Team name: Team name here
Team Captain: TeamLiquid account/ICCUP account/defiler.ru account
1. TeamLiquid account/ICCUP account/Race
2. Just like above, or empty if playing alone
3. Just like above, or empty if playing with only 2 players
4. Just like above, or empty if playing with only 3 players
Race can be: Protoss,Zerg,Terran,Random
You play as the race you registered with for the entire tournament. Race-picking is not allowed
You can always change the player roster until 5 April when the registration closes.
To join an existing team, the team captain has to add you to his/her team.
You can sign up without a team. In that case you post your TeamLiquid account and ICCUP account (also mention that you are looking for a team). Then you will be added to a list of team-less players, which will make it easy for team captains to contact you.
Signing up a bot:
You can sign up a bot the same way as a human player by creating your own team or joining an existing bot team (keep in mind that a bot team isn't allowed to sign on human players an vice-verse).
The (easier) alternative is that you give me the DLL, JAR or EXE file of your bot. Then I will add it to a bot team automatically and run the bot for you the entire tournament.
The tournament is going to be played in the All-Kill Format . Each team selects one member to play first. When one player gets defeated, his/her team selects another player that hasn't played yet. This process continues until a team no longer has players that never played in the match (in which case that team loses).
The loser picks the next map (that hasnt been played yet) as well.
The bracket system is the double elimination format. So if your team loses, it gets send to the loser bracket. If it loses there as well, it is out of the tournament.
Map pool can be found here . "Latin Quarter" can be found in the ICCUP map pack here . You are allowed to choose between the ICCUP and defiler.ru version of the map. If there is disagreement with your opponent over the map version, then you should use the ICCUP version of the map
First map to play on is determined by the defiler.ru system (or both players can agree on a different map). After that, loser picks.
Each member of the team that wins the grand finals can select one game made by Zachtronics industries and receive it for free. The list of games by Zachtronics industries can be found here.
This prize is sponsored by Zachtronics industries.
Everyone is allowed to cast the replays on defiler.ru . Streaming your games is also allowed.
- Everyone is allowed to use the observer version of a map, but I would advise bot operators to only play FFA or melee, because some UMS map triggers can crash a bot.
- Bot developers are allowed to let someone other than their-self or me operate their bot. Bot developers are eligible for prize money even if they are not operating their own bot.
- BWAPI bots should have the "complete map information" flag set to disabled (by default it is). They are allowed to put the "user input" flag to true for chat purposes, unless their opponent doesn't want the "user input" flag set to true.
- Bot operator should not use Anti-hack as it conflicts with the BWAPI. When human players are playing against a bot, they can turn AH off and use LatencyChanger for LAN latency.
- Human players should have AH on when playing against other human players, unless this causes problems with the game not starting ( apparently some problems with the new maps maybe ). In that case, both players should live-stream their games and post the VODs in this thread.