• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:05
CEST 02:05
KST 09:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10485 users

[OSL] Jin Air OSL Grand Final - Page 293

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 291 292 293 294 295 319 Next
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
September 17 2011 13:17 GMT
#5841
On September 17 2011 22:14 synapse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 22:12 magicbullet wrote:
Why did jangbi produce so many observers? I thought fantasy had kept his wraith out of sight.

Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 22:14 Sufficiency wrote:
On September 17 2011 22:12 magicbullet wrote:
Why did jangbi produce so many observers? I thought fantasy had kept his wraith out of sight.


When you are at an advantage, you think of the WORST CASE SCENARIO that can possibly happen that will make you lose. And the answer is wraith. It's pretty simple logic. I would have done the same thing... no progaming experience required.


I would say... when he saw fantasy snipe the first 2 observers with his goliaths he probably knew something was up, so he made more.


I seriously doubt that. Fantasy could have done that to try to snipe carriers... but he only saw obs, so he killed obs. That's also a possible scenario. If Fantasy saw carriers with the scan he would have gone after the carriers.

Like I said, I think anyone who is reasonably good at any strategy game in Jangbi's situation will prepare for the worst case scenario when he was clearly winning. Also, Jangbi could probably tell what is going on based on how few tanks Fantasy made.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
September 17 2011 13:17 GMT
#5842
OGN tend to be a bit slower on their vods than mbc
Writer
Existential
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia2107 Posts
September 17 2011 13:17 GMT
#5843
Wasn't able to catch the games. But congrats to Jangbi!
Jaedong <3 | BW - The first game I ever loved
hitthat
Profile Joined January 2010
Poland2349 Posts
September 17 2011 13:17 GMT
#5844
more and more I'm thinking about this, Fantasy had incredible begining in game 5...and very poor later game. Nervous guy...
Shameless BroodWar separatistic, elitist, fanaticaly devoted puritan fanboy.
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-17 13:20:54
September 17 2011 13:19 GMT
#5845
On September 17 2011 22:14 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 22:12 magicbullet wrote:
Why did jangbi produce so many observers? I thought fantasy had kept his wraith out of sight.


When you are at an advantage, you think of the WORST CASE SCENARIO that can possibly happen that will make you lose. And the answer is wraith. It's pretty simple logic. I would have done the same thing... no progaming experience required.


That, and it's just natural use of resources. Carrier builds are heavy on minerals and light on gas. Yet it also requires quick 2nd gas because the initial gas usage is high. But once the carriers are in full force, it's mostly minerals that's important.

Plus, I believe Jangbi's mineral probes were harassed a lot more than his gas ones. So he should've had tons of gas throughout the game. Unfortunately, the game was so intense I didn't exactly pay attention to details.

I think against most other terrans, Jangbi would've gone templars. But he might've feared Fantasy's vultures and decides to go goon-heavy which leaves a lot of gas unused.
Meh
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
September 17 2011 13:19 GMT
#5846
Ultimately, Jangbi won because of Path Finder. Despite its apparent favouritism to Terran, it is evident that the logistics is way too difficult when the Protoss goes carriers. We saw in both games that Fantasy setup a base at Jangbi's third and built turrents like crazy. But all those investments went to waste when Fantasy could not keep up reinforcing that outpost with more tanks, so eventually Jangbi just rolled it over with Dragoons. That's how he won both games.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
macmann
Profile Joined May 2011
87 Posts
September 17 2011 13:19 GMT
#5847
No jangbi storm, but not much fantasy vultures either.
TheHova
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United Kingdom2612 Posts
September 17 2011 13:19 GMT
#5848
And now i have to go back with my tail between my legs to the SC2 community haha. I will promise myself to watch starleague more regularly again though. It sounds stupid but Jangbi just brought all the passion that had slowly dwindled away back into my heart. And i remembered what it was like to be part of this community that doesn't constantly have inane whining and is so passionate. I feel like i've gone back in time to a few years ago. It's a nice feeling .
King K. Rool
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada4408 Posts
September 17 2011 13:20 GMT
#5849
I haven't been this happy since Effort beat Flash.
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
September 17 2011 13:20 GMT
#5850
On September 17 2011 22:19 baubo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 22:14 Sufficiency wrote:
On September 17 2011 22:12 magicbullet wrote:
Why did jangbi produce so many observers? I thought fantasy had kept his wraith out of sight.


When you are at an advantage, you think of the WORST CASE SCENARIO that can possibly happen that will make you lose. And the answer is wraith. It's pretty simple logic. I would have done the same thing... no progaming experience required.


That, and it's just natural use of resources.

Carrier builds are heavy on minerals and light on gas. And while I can't really tell, I believe Jangbi's mineral probes were harassed a lot more than his gas ones. So he should've had tons of gas throughout the game. Unfortunately, the game was so intense I didn't exactly pay attention to details.

I think against most other terrans, Jangbi would've gone templars. But he might've feared Fantasy's vultures and decides to go goon-heavy which leaves a lot of gas unused.

I say it was the same was he smelt the first vulture drop coming.
pyrogenetix
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
China5098 Posts
September 17 2011 13:20 GMT
#5851
god when jangbi came out and got the award and cried

I cried a little too
Yea that looks just like Kang Min... amazing game sense... and uses mind games well, but has the micro of a washed up progamer.
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11792 Posts
September 17 2011 13:21 GMT
#5852
What I still can't understand is how did Jangbi know the drop was coming?
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
September 17 2011 13:21 GMT
#5853
On September 17 2011 22:19 baubo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 22:14 Sufficiency wrote:
On September 17 2011 22:12 magicbullet wrote:
Why did jangbi produce so many observers? I thought fantasy had kept his wraith out of sight.


When you are at an advantage, you think of the WORST CASE SCENARIO that can possibly happen that will make you lose. And the answer is wraith. It's pretty simple logic. I would have done the same thing... no progaming experience required.


That, and it's just natural use of resources.

Carrier builds are heavy on minerals and light on gas. And while I can't really tell, I believe Jangbi's mineral probes were harassed a lot more than his gas ones. So he should've had tons of gas throughout the game. Unfortunately, the game was so intense I didn't exactly pay attention to details.

I think against most other terrans, Jangbi would've gone templars. But he might've feared Fantasy's vultures and decides to go goon-heavy which leaves a lot of gas unused.


I actually think he was clearly conscious of wraiths the whole time on set 5. He carefully separated his obs and stacked the ones following the carrier. There were a few occasions which he initially made all obs go together then separated them into two groups.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
September 17 2011 13:21 GMT
#5854
On September 17 2011 22:19 Sufficiency wrote:
Ultimately, Jangbi won because of Path Finder. Despite its apparent favouritism to Terran, it is evident that the logistics is way too difficult when the Protoss goes carriers. We saw in both games that Fantasy setup a base at Jangbi's third and built turrents like crazy. But all those investments went to waste when Fantasy could not keep up reinforcing that outpost with more tanks, so eventually Jangbi just rolled it over with Dragoons. That's how he won both games.


This sounds a bit too close like balance whining to me

Thanks everyone for the advice about VODs, though. TL is as always amazing!
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
September 17 2011 13:21 GMT
#5855
On September 17 2011 22:21 c3rberUs wrote:
What I still can't understand is how did Jangbi know the drop was coming?

It's Pathfinder.
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
Vuk_91
Profile Joined September 2010
Serbia1690 Posts
September 17 2011 13:22 GMT
#5856
Oh God now I`m so sad that I can`t watch this again with Nuke`s commentary without knowing the results . Well I guess a simple memory erase will do it.
macmann
Profile Joined May 2011
87 Posts
September 17 2011 13:22 GMT
#5857
On September 17 2011 22:21 c3rberUs wrote:
What I still can't understand is how did Jangbi know the drop was coming?

Fantasy used dropship against stork (jangbi's teammate) on that very same map
pyrogenetix
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
China5098 Posts
September 17 2011 13:22 GMT
#5858
On September 17 2011 22:20 ShadeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 22:19 baubo wrote:
On September 17 2011 22:14 Sufficiency wrote:
On September 17 2011 22:12 magicbullet wrote:
Why did jangbi produce so many observers? I thought fantasy had kept his wraith out of sight.


When you are at an advantage, you think of the WORST CASE SCENARIO that can possibly happen that will make you lose. And the answer is wraith. It's pretty simple logic. I would have done the same thing... no progaming experience required.


That, and it's just natural use of resources.

Carrier builds are heavy on minerals and light on gas. And while I can't really tell, I believe Jangbi's mineral probes were harassed a lot more than his gas ones. So he should've had tons of gas throughout the game. Unfortunately, the game was so intense I didn't exactly pay attention to details.

I think against most other terrans, Jangbi would've gone templars. But he might've feared Fantasy's vultures and decides to go goon-heavy which leaves a lot of gas unused.

I say it was the same was he smelt the first vulture drop coming.

fantasy took his nat very late so he predicted that dropship coming,

then it was a case of both knowing jangbi went carriers, and low tank count means it must be cloaked wraiths. fantasy didn't attack because he saw jangbi had 5 speedobs following carriers everywehre so he knew that he knew, would be bad idea to attack. in the final push he had to use wraiths but was squeezed out of him.
Yea that looks just like Kang Min... amazing game sense... and uses mind games well, but has the micro of a washed up progamer.
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
September 17 2011 13:22 GMT
#5859
pathfinder has short air distance anyway, plus fantasy loves dropships sooo yep
Writer
unionbank
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Australia666 Posts
September 17 2011 13:23 GMT
#5860
i regret turning off my computer... why did i doubt.....
김정우.... 이겼다!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Prev 1 291 292 293 294 295 319 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft223
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft223
ViBE146
CosmosSc2 54
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1480
Artosis 588
Shuttle 552
910 30
Dota 2
monkeys_forever621
Counter-Strike
minikerr12
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox394
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5322
Other Games
summit1g8060
shahzam562
JimRising 539
C9.Mang0260
Maynarde104
ArmadaUGS76
Trikslyr56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick860
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream141
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 134
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen136
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
10h 55m
Stellar Fest
12h 55m
The PondCast
1d 9h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
OSC
1d 23h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.