• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:05
CEST 04:05
KST 11:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8009 users

[OSL] Jin Air OSL Grand Final - Page 294

Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 292 293 294 295 296 319 Next
pyrogenetix
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
China5098 Posts
September 17 2011 13:23 GMT
#5861
On September 17 2011 22:21 c3rberUs wrote:
What I still can't understand is how did Jangbi know the drop was coming?

fantasy 2 vult drop harasses all the time
Yea that looks just like Kang Min... amazing game sense... and uses mind games well, but has the micro of a washed up progamer.
raga4ka
Profile Joined February 2008
Bulgaria5679 Posts
September 17 2011 13:23 GMT
#5862
On September 17 2011 22:09 Vuk_91 wrote:
So now that the hype is at least almost gone,I have to ask: Was this the worst control of Gol + Tanks army ever? I mean tanks were always so far behind goliaths so Jangbi (with his flawless control I must add) picked insane number of Goliaths with dragoons. Then when he starts retreating from Goons he picks another 2-3 with his carrier. All that time Fantasy is in the middle of the map,not atacking Jangbi and not defending his main nor his 3rd which becomes an easy targer for Jangbi twice! Then he starts a push,Jangbi goes for the main and leaves his 3rd without any defense but no,fantasy decides not to go for it because of...2 cannons? Meanwhile his wraiths are doing apsolutly nothing. And on top of all that,I have to say I watched quite a few games of BroodWar,but never seen Protoss winning from 80 to 140 supply deficit + 2 vs 3 bases.


They both choked a little . JangBi could have finished fantasy in game 4 , but some bad decisions on his part ended up draging it to game 5 . I got to question Fantasy's decisions to push the back of JangBi's main and natural against 2 base carriers in game 1 and 5 . Units where easily picked off back there while you can't really damage the carriers unless JangBi missmicros . Also in game 3 JangBi harrased with 3-4 zealots at the start and while Fantasy microed pretty well and lost almost nothing except 4 SCV mining time , he started his natural pretty late coupled with the fact that he took significant loses to the 2 shuttle harass he ended up being steamrolled .
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11792 Posts
September 17 2011 13:23 GMT
#5863
On September 17 2011 22:21 Ryo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 22:21 c3rberUs wrote:
What I still can't understand is how did Jangbi know the drop was coming?

It's Pathfinder.

But JB didn't do that during the first game, did he?
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
Boundz(DarKo)
Profile Joined March 2009
5311 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-17 13:24:21
September 17 2011 13:24 GMT
#5864
On September 17 2011 22:23 pyrogenetix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 22:21 c3rberUs wrote:
What I still can't understand is how did Jangbi know the drop was coming?

fantasy 2 vult drop harasses all the time

Yeah and well, you don't just go and win an OSL.
Kiante
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7069 Posts
September 17 2011 13:24 GMT
#5865
Everyone, lets show jangbi we love him and tweet @jangbitoss with congratulations!
Writer
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
September 17 2011 13:24 GMT
#5866
On September 17 2011 22:21 c3rberUs wrote:
What I still can't understand is how did Jangbi know the drop was coming?


Short air distance.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
September 17 2011 13:24 GMT
#5867
On September 17 2011 22:17 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 22:14 synapse wrote:
On September 17 2011 22:12 magicbullet wrote:
Why did jangbi produce so many observers? I thought fantasy had kept his wraith out of sight.

On September 17 2011 22:14 Sufficiency wrote:
On September 17 2011 22:12 magicbullet wrote:
Why did jangbi produce so many observers? I thought fantasy had kept his wraith out of sight.


When you are at an advantage, you think of the WORST CASE SCENARIO that can possibly happen that will make you lose. And the answer is wraith. It's pretty simple logic. I would have done the same thing... no progaming experience required.


I would say... when he saw fantasy snipe the first 2 observers with his goliaths he probably knew something was up, so he made more.


I seriously doubt that. Fantasy could have done that to try to snipe carriers... but he only saw obs, so he killed obs. That's also a possible scenario. If Fantasy saw carriers with the scan he would have gone after the carriers.

Like I said, I think anyone who is reasonably good at any strategy game in Jangbi's situation will prepare for the worst case scenario when he was clearly winning. Also, Jangbi could probably tell what is going on based on how few tanks Fantasy made.

the carriers were in range of the goliaths. you don't go around wasting shots focus firing observers vs carriers, it was pretty obvious that he was trying to kill jangbi's detection...
:)
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
September 17 2011 13:25 GMT
#5868
On September 17 2011 22:23 c3rberUs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 22:21 Ryo wrote:
On September 17 2011 22:21 c3rberUs wrote:
What I still can't understand is how did Jangbi know the drop was coming?

It's Pathfinder.

But JB didn't do that during the first game, did he?


Speaking of which, what DID he do in set 1 anyways?
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Vuk_91
Profile Joined September 2010
Serbia1690 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-17 13:26:04
September 17 2011 13:25 GMT
#5869
On September 17 2011 22:23 raga4ka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 22:09 Vuk_91 wrote:
So now that the hype is at least almost gone,I have to ask: Was this the worst control of Gol + Tanks army ever? I mean tanks were always so far behind goliaths so Jangbi (with his flawless control I must add) picked insane number of Goliaths with dragoons. Then when he starts retreating from Goons he picks another 2-3 with his carrier. All that time Fantasy is in the middle of the map,not atacking Jangbi and not defending his main nor his 3rd which becomes an easy targer for Jangbi twice! Then he starts a push,Jangbi goes for the main and leaves his 3rd without any defense but no,fantasy decides not to go for it because of...2 cannons? Meanwhile his wraiths are doing apsolutly nothing. And on top of all that,I have to say I watched quite a few games of BroodWar,but never seen Protoss winning from 80 to 140 supply deficit + 2 vs 3 bases.


They both choked a little . JangBi could have finished fantasy in game 4 , but some bad decisions on his part ended up draging it to game 5 . I got to question Fantasy's decisions to push the back of JangBi's main and natural against 2 base carriers in game 1 and 5 . Units where easily picked off back there while you can't really damage the carriers unless JangBi missmicros . Also in game 3 JangBi harrased with 3-4 zealots at the start and while Fantasy microed pretty well and lost almost nothing except 4 SCV mining time , he started his natural pretty late coupled with the fact that he took significant loses to the 2 shuttle harass he ended up being steamrolled .

For that 4th game I also said it before: Fantasy failed to multitask in the early game,there`s no other explanation.
*3rd game
Ryo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
8787 Posts
September 17 2011 13:25 GMT
#5870
On September 17 2011 22:23 c3rberUs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 22:21 Ryo wrote:
On September 17 2011 22:21 c3rberUs wrote:
What I still can't understand is how did Jangbi know the drop was coming?

It's Pathfinder.

But JB didn't do that during the first game, did he?

Spawning positions were different.
영원히 엠비씨게임 히어로 팬.
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
September 17 2011 13:25 GMT
#5871
RIP Kong Line.
Remember Violet.
4vvhiplash7
Profile Joined December 2010
South Africa392 Posts
September 17 2011 13:26 GMT
#5872
On September 17 2011 22:14 SeaSwift wrote:
I only saw games 1 and 2, but then I had an essay to write

Where can I find VODs of games 3-5? I'm new to BW ^_^

EDIT: Of course, the stream just finished, so I'm not expecting there to be VODs straight away, but I assume there is a centralized place to get them at some point?


On YouTube look for a channel called nevake. Moktira uploads to that channel at lightning speed after games...
macmann
Profile Joined May 2011
87 Posts
September 17 2011 13:26 GMT
#5873
On September 17 2011 22:25 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 22:23 c3rberUs wrote:
On September 17 2011 22:21 Ryo wrote:
On September 17 2011 22:21 c3rberUs wrote:
What I still can't understand is how did Jangbi know the drop was coming?

It's Pathfinder.

But JB didn't do that during the first game, did he?


Speaking of which, what DID he do in set 1 anyways?

pretty much same as game 5.
12 nex into carriers
KenNage
Profile Joined May 2009
Chile885 Posts
September 17 2011 13:26 GMT
#5874
holy dicks that last game was intense
rainei
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada1316 Posts
September 17 2011 13:26 GMT
#5875
On September 17 2011 22:01 itsdaniel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 21:56 rainei wrote:
On September 17 2011 21:51 itsdaniel wrote:
[image loading]

in tears!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!


good stuff! Was your friend there? I think he has been giving you some shoutouts, at least for the soo/flash games! I envy you so hard!


yes he was.... Harry can be seen after the start of Map 1 when he took a huge bite of some kind of meat next to his cheering card... He is the only fan with a khan uniform!


ah yes. I was thinking that only you and him would have the uniform, since I don't think I've ever seen any korean with a team jersey at all. (except Harry of course!)
All aboard the HSY fanboat/train/ whatever form of transportation you desire!! Everyday is Sojin day
Djabanete
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States2786 Posts
September 17 2011 13:26 GMT
#5876
Besides the semifinals, that was almost the roughest path to an OSL win you could possibly have.

Qualifiers: knocked out by Soo
Ro16: almost eliminated 1-2, saved by tiebreak
Ro8: down 1 game vs Flash
Finals: 2-2, 30 supply deficit in final game

That's mental fortitude. After so many hurdles, I don't know WHAT he was thinking in the final game when he was so far behind.
May the BeSt man win.
bgx
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland6595 Posts
September 17 2011 13:26 GMT
#5877
what was crucial is that Fantasy was floating 1.5 both gas and minerals when JB was pressuring him, JB proved to be stronger mentally even he was in big disadvantage
Stork[gm]
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
September 17 2011 13:26 GMT
#5878
I have really been trying to get into SC2, but it just doesnt bring me the same excitement as BW does. BW>SC2, and i wish that they could work in a symbiosis.
Unfortunately there´s money in SC2, and its a newer, better looking game with a bigger fanbase.

After this finals i doubt that SC is gone forever. Maybe they´ll cancel MSL but i hope to god that they keep OSL and the team matches, even though there might be fewer teams. Well that doesnt really bother me much, just expand OSL a little bit (maybe BO5 a bit eariler in the tournament, longer group stages) and ill be fine with it only being 4-5 teams with 10 players each.

With that said: GREAT finals, even though there wasn´t any zergs involved. I feel sad for Fantasy but JANGI you are the real champ.
Thanks for streams!
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
Boonbag
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
France3318 Posts
September 17 2011 13:27 GMT
#5879
OSL must not vanish ~.~
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11792 Posts
September 17 2011 13:27 GMT
#5880
On September 17 2011 22:25 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 17 2011 22:23 c3rberUs wrote:
On September 17 2011 22:21 Ryo wrote:
On September 17 2011 22:21 c3rberUs wrote:
What I still can't understand is how did Jangbi know the drop was coming?

It's Pathfinder.

But JB didn't do that during the first game, did he?


Speaking of which, what DID he do in set 1 anyways?

12 nex into carriers into backyard defense into goon attack at nat, IIRC.

Ok, now I understand.
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
Prev 1 292 293 294 295 296 319 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft490
CranKy Ducklings66
EnkiAlexander 30
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft490
RuFF_SC2 85
CosmosSc2 60
Nina 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2251
Artosis 597
Dota 2
febbydoto6
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1078
taco 375
minikerr16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox537
Other Games
summit1g8522
JimRising 692
Day[9].tv490
C9.Mang0316
Maynarde146
ViBE137
Livibee93
ArmadaUGS26
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1115
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP23
• OhrlRock 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv490
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
8h 55m
Stellar Fest
10h 55m
The PondCast
1d 7h
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
OSC
1d 21h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.