• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:13
CEST 01:13
KST 08:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8614 users

[Request] PvZ woes - Page 5

Forum Index > Brood War Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
ahk-gosu
Profile Joined July 2004
Korea (South)2099 Posts
October 25 2004 22:25 GMT
#81
zealot pressure early on is great.
rally 2 gateways to his expo and just keep harassing.
make him spend money on sunkens which cost a lot of min 50 for drone 75 for creep and 50 for sunken each. thats 175 EACH.

usually i try to keep my scouting probe alive as long as possible. and find out his tech. you can even do some cheese and take his gas if you want lol. usually i look at how many sunkens lings and hatcheries he has. after playing for a bit you will know what he is getting.
also with the first 2 templar that come out i get an archon thats it. then just get templar goon as someone posted here.

ultralisks are freaken awesome units but remember that they are not the source of damage.
use storms on his lings or maelstrom his ultras and he cant deal that much damage.

the only real time i use dark archons i versus long game zergs. the feedback really hurts defilers and the maelstrom is great on ultras. if your da tech is really early you can even try mcing his overlords and kill with dts or even mc his ultras lol.
Micro.Macro.Scouting.Harassment.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
October 26 2004 00:03 GMT
#82
You shouldn't gas rush, ever, if he is fast expanding because it serves ZERO purpose then !
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Promises
Profile Joined February 2004
Netherlands1821 Posts
October 26 2004 17:42 GMT
#83
I gasrushed in a recent PvZ on Nostalgia, because the expand doesn't have gas and I was going fast expo and just wanted to delay his lings for a bit longer... think it served a purpose there ^^ As I've just started playing on PGTour I've also just started playing a bit more on different maps (tho WGT CL prepared me a bit), so I'm not that experienced with the different maps. My PvT fexpo on Gaema failed me twice, tho I still think it should be doable ^^ The biggest problem I have with PvZ is if the Z makes it to late-game in about the same healthy state as I do I'm usually doomed, as Ultra-crack (defiler) almost always does it for me.
I'm a man of my word, and that word is "unreliable".
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
October 26 2004 20:31 GMT
#84
Yeah defilers are lame ;o

And I guess gas rush is doable on nost =]
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
ShadowMaster
Profile Joined September 2004
United States238 Posts
October 29 2004 02:16 GMT
#85
On October 26 2004 04:09 FrozenArbiter wrote:
There some 1+ build that is pretty popular on nostalgia.

Zealot/reaver a la kingdom works well too ;o


What Kingdom game(s) is that?
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
October 29 2004 03:10 GMT
#86
Kingdom vs JulyZerg
Dahlia of jungle.
WCG Kor prelim.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
maleorderbride
Profile Joined November 2002
United States2916 Posts
October 29 2004 03:28 GMT
#87
You only want to gas rush vs zerg when he two hatchs in main, on LT, or when he is going 1 hatch pool and you want to delay lings/speed/lair. But really, I only suggest it when 2 hatch main with hatch first.

Ideal times to delay are 6v9 or 9v6 on LT when OL scouts you early and you show 2 gates. Z will sometimes 2 hatch in main (on that ledge) so as to get a later pool and more drones. He will do this IF you show 2 gates. If you only show 1 gate and go tech then he definitely will expo with first hatch. Don't get any lots with those 2 gates (wait for the pool) and take your gas around 14 or so. His second OL will be showing up in about 5 seconds and when he sees your gas taken he will take his and plop down a nother hatch. You need to take his gas before he takes it. This will force him to use those 3 larva for lings, even though you still have zero lots. As lings start building you should have a cyb starting and a pylon about to finish. Build 2 lots as soon as its done and then 1 more lot and a later goon (cyb takes longer than lot build time)

Now you have a cyb and 3 lots and a goon to tech safely (lower corners) for whatever tech you want. I HIGHLY suggest 2 probe scouts right now. He is eihter powering of 6-10 lings, or he expoed again. Or he is massing lings (18+) with speed. If it is the last you need to get forge ASAP and 1-2 cannons at ur cliff. You can go either sair or reaver with this. Or play it completely safe and go for temp tech. Scouting is vital to see his response. He COULD be going mutt, so see if he has a gas up at his expo. If he does, assume mutt. then its either cannon/sair expo into archon or striaght to archon.

Thats the basics, but you should be able to figure out the proper responses. THe key is just misleading the Z until you choose what to go.
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.
Promises
Profile Joined February 2004
Netherlands1821 Posts
October 29 2004 05:44 GMT
#88
Hmm interesting build but my problem with this is often (probably also my problem that when I blind(ish)ly follow BO's like this) that my opponent doesn't quite have the insight he/she should have, thus powers lings stupidly or not so at all and comes running in with an army he shouldn't have ^^ (thats why I just stick to my own strats, tho I take advice from others ^^ the "just build 1 archon, storm the rest" against mutas was kind of an eye opener and when I checked some reps I indeed saw I made to much archons). Anyway I'm ranting.
I'm a man of my word, and that word is "unreliable".
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
October 29 2004 05:50 GMT
#89
Yeah that's garimto's advice ^_^ (1 archon then goon storm)
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
maleorderbride
Profile Joined November 2002
United States2916 Posts
October 29 2004 07:12 GMT
#90
well youll notice that I said its CRUCIAL to scout to see his reaction.

As for the initial reaction im basing this all on; you need to be able to keep a probe alive in their base for 2+ minutes. I mean christ, he doesnt even have lings til the end of that time and hes busy killing an assimilator...so really if your doing things blindly the problem is not the BO. Its you. You scout so u KNOW what BO to do.
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.
ShadowMaster
Profile Joined September 2004
United States238 Posts
October 29 2004 07:37 GMT
#91
On October 29 2004 14:44 Promises wrote:
Hmm interesting build but my problem with this is often (probably also my problem that when I blind(ish)ly follow BO's like this) that my opponent doesn't quite have the insight he/she should have, thus powers lings stupidly or not so at all and comes running in with an army he shouldn't have ^^ (thats why I just stick to my own strats, tho I take advice from others ^^ the "just build 1 archon, storm the rest" against mutas was kind of an eye opener and when I checked some reps I indeed saw I made to much archons). Anyway I'm ranting.


Umm... does he mean "blindly" as in without altering his BO, or as in little recon? I thought he meant without changing his BO...
maleorderbride
Profile Joined November 2002
United States2916 Posts
October 29 2004 07:39 GMT
#92
well its obvious that if the BO doesnt fit dont use it...I assumed that you wouldnt intentionally use an inappropriate BO while KNOWING that it was inappropriate. If he wants to argue that he knew and still did it then I really dont know what to say....
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.
AMD_STorM
Profile Joined July 2004
China50 Posts
October 29 2004 18:39 GMT
#93
P is difficult to beat Z
I love Sinky, I love STAR, I love Boxer
PtL)ZerG
Profile Joined October 2004
64 Posts
October 29 2004 18:45 GMT
#94
On August 29 2004 13:14 Yuljan wrote:
As Zerg i find it hard to handle early mass zealot pressure.


Right I have that problem too !

maybe harass Z in beginning ? dunno
Just one Of those PatheicGamers
dork_of_death!!
Profile Joined September 2004
United States374 Posts
October 30 2004 02:16 GMT
#95
as a zerg player i am a big fan of containing protoss w/ speedling -> lurker, with scourge to snipe obs. i faced a protoss player once who broke my contain very effectively by sniping lurkers before my support could engage. if you have problems with lurk contain i suggest using multiple obs to look at the positioning of the zerg's lurkers. if he or she is n00b like i was in that game and leaves his lurks out front, snipe those puppies with your goons. once he is down to 1/2 lurks send in your speedlots and own him all the way home and then some. gl hf
GG!!!!!!
AMD_STorM
Profile Joined July 2004
China50 Posts
October 30 2004 07:20 GMT
#96
i think protoss is difficult to win zerg
I love Sinky, I love STAR, I love Boxer
oPtioNaLk
Profile Joined September 2004
Korea (South)564 Posts
October 30 2004 12:09 GMT
#97
On October 29 2004 14:50 FrozenArbiter wrote:
Yeah that's garimto's advice ^_^ (1 archon then goon storm)


Yes, it's the most annoying thing ever. 1 archon > MANY mutas.
MaTRiX[SiN]
Profile Joined September 2003
Sweden1282 Posts
October 30 2004 16:57 GMT
#98
On October 30 2004 21:09 oPtioNaLk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 29 2004 14:50 FrozenArbiter wrote:
Yeah that's garimto's advice ^_^ (1 archon then goon storm)


Yes, it's the most annoying thing ever. 1 archon > MANY mutas.

u can take out 1 archon with 6~~ muta's if u know how to micro...(if the archon is unsupported that is)
aka StormtoSS
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
October 30 2004 19:39 GMT
#99
Actually you can do it with 4 or less ;<
If it is completely unsupported you can do it with 1 (if ideal micro) ;o

But you always should have cannons :O
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Promises
Profile Joined February 2004
Netherlands1821 Posts
October 30 2004 21:01 GMT
#100
Indeed that early in the game I can and will scout, and there's no problem, as my post wasn't directly set to the strategy you pointed out. However, a bit later in the game when PvZ truly becomes a guessy feely thing, when I take the bo's or whatever of gosus, often my opponents power on at strange moments (probably leaving them depleted or disadvantaged later on), but as I didn't expect it it's often rather dangerous. So my point was that when I follow BO's like that a bit later in the game I have the tendency to get wrecked. So I'll just do my own crap and lose/win with that.
I'm a man of my word, and that word is "unreliable".
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE121
CosmosSc2 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 594
Artosis 553
910 26
Dota 2
monkeys_forever600
League of Legends
JimRising 574
Counter-Strike
minikerr15
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5910
Other Games
summit1g6782
shahzam546
C9.Mang0282
ArmadaUGS98
Trikslyr49
ZombieGrub30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick480
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen274
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
47m
Kung Fu Cup
11h 47m
Stellar Fest
13h 47m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.