• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:19
CEST 19:19
KST 02:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9812 users

[spoilers] The next generation - Page 4

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15 16 Next All
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
April 22 2009 20:10 GMT
#61
On April 23 2009 05:06 wwooaa wrote:
Anyone remember the last MSL Group Selection when the had to compile which player is the the hardest to play/beat something like that and most of them said Horang2.. that dude is good, and will certainly be another great protoss, just like Bisu is/was


I think they said this because Horang2 used wicked cheese to qualify for the MSL in the first place (proxies, 14nex and DT rushes).
✌
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
April 22 2009 20:14 GMT
#62
Flash, bisu and jaedong are and are going to be the best players until starcraft is gone. :D
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
keV.
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3214 Posts
April 22 2009 20:20 GMT
#63
2 weeks = generation.
"brevity is the soul of wit" - William Shakesman
seppolevne
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada1681 Posts
April 22 2009 20:20 GMT
#64
(T)fantasy (T)sKyHigh
(Z)HoeJJa (Z)hyvaa
(P)Movie (P)Horang2
J- Pirate Udyr WW T- Pirate Riven Galio M- Galio Annie S- Sona Lux -- Always farm, never carry.
Deleted User 31060
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
3788 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-22 20:40:45
April 22 2009 20:40 GMT
#65
OMG 1 LOSS = SLUMP

JD, FLASH, AND BISU SUCK NOW

edit: seriously, do we need threads like this? It's going to be a while until the 'next generation' fully realizes itself
Peaked at C- on ICCUP and proud of it! @Sunyveil
scwizard
Profile Joined March 2009
United States1195 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-22 20:48:38
April 22 2009 20:45 GMT
#66
On April 23 2009 05:01 JWD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2009 03:46 scwizard wrote:
I never said that Jaedong et al weren't on the top, I said that they wouldn't be on the top forever, and now that they've hit a small bump, it's a good time to look at who will be the next to rise to the top.


"A small bump"? Each of these guys lost one PL game (JD 2). You're reading way too much into the result of one set. If you want to have a discussion about the next generation of top gamers that's cool, but you don't have to sensationalize like this.

Oh yeah, and here are my bets for this season of Starleagues:

(Z)Jaedong
(P)Bisu or
(T)Flash

The last thing I want to do is sensationalize this. Let me go remove that comment.

As for whether someone losing to someone is "a small bump" or not? I think that's just a matter of semantics.
scwizard
Profile Joined March 2009
United States1195 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-22 20:50:14
April 22 2009 20:47 GMT
#67
On April 23 2009 05:40 Sunyveil wrote:
OMG 1 LOSS = SLUMP

JD, FLASH, AND BISU SUCK NOW

I never used the word slump. Also I keep saying that I'm not saying that JD, Flash and Bisu suck. Nothing could be further from the truth, these people are the top players. I don't know why you think I'm saying this, because I'm not.

On April 23 2009 05:40 Sunyveil wrote:
edit: seriously, do we need threads like this? It's going to be a while until the 'next generation' fully realizes itself

So do you think its possible to predict who those players are that will eventually full realize themselves?

If so, who do you think those players are?
InfeSteD
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States4658 Posts
April 22 2009 20:48 GMT
#68
(T)sKyHigh, (Z)HoeJJa, (P)Movie

+ Show Spoiler +
(P)NonY, (T)IdrA, (Z)sAviOr
w/e
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8178 Posts
April 22 2009 20:49 GMT
#69
(T)fantasy > (T)sKyHigh
Free Palestine
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
April 22 2009 20:50 GMT
#70
"personally can't picture any zerg ever losing to Jaedong,"

lol.

And Starcraft II is coming out so i'll hold my horses thinking to much about the future
scwizard
Profile Joined March 2009
United States1195 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-22 20:57:10
April 22 2009 20:55 GMT
#71
Ouch, did I say losing to. I meant winning against.
Or maybe I meant "Jaedong losing to any zerg", I don't know, but "winning against" is the most clear. I've changed the OP to say "I can't imagine any zerg winning against Jaedong"
I guess it's ok because people interpreted it the correct way. It's hard to even imagine someone saying something so stupid looking at Jaedong's record.
Djabanete
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States2786 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-22 21:07:30
April 22 2009 21:00 GMT
#72
On April 23 2009 04:06 ExSoldier wrote:
terran: skyhigh, baby (fantasy dont make it to my list b/c fantasy is oov's puppet.


It's called "coaching". Oov isn't the one sitting in the booth or making back-to-back finals. Fantasy doesn't just have potential, he's actually going toe-to-toe with the absolute best players and breaking even. He's improving at an incredible rate and he's still hungry for a gold.
Fantasy versus top players this year:
Jaedong: 3-3
Flash: 2-0
Bisu: 3-0
Jangbi: 0-2
Luxury: 2-2

(Yes I'm cherry picking. Point is, he's amazing and all the secret Oov tech in the world isn't worth jack unless you're really good at Starcraft, like Fantasy.)

edit: in response to the actual thread: agree with above quote that SkyHigh and Baby have potential. For zerg, Hero looks good. For all the hype, Effort still hasn't done anything with himself in terms of leagues, whereas Hero made semifinals in his first OSL (like Flash!), although he got massacred by Jaedong (whom I predict will be the ZvZ master for a LONG time, even after T's and P's catch up with him). For Protoss... I dunno, I'd say Backho and Rock will probably fuse into an Archon and kill everyone

But probably the next sensation will be someone that nobody saw coming.
May the BeSt man win.
scwizard
Profile Joined March 2009
United States1195 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-22 21:10:07
April 22 2009 21:06 GMT
#73
Where did Jaedong 3-3 come from?
I know that at least Jaedong won 3 games in finals, and another game in proleauge where he used a queen or two.

I wouldn't say that Fantasy has "promise", he's beyond that point to the point where he's playing in OSL finals.

So what I'm saying is that this thread isn't really about Fantasy. Whether or not Fantasy will continue to dominate is just as out of scope ITT as whether or not Jaedong will continue to dominate.

I dunno, I'd say Backho and Rock will probably fuse into an Archon and kill everyone

lol, hilarious image there
Sentenal
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States12398 Posts
April 22 2009 21:09 GMT
#74
I think the last great generation will be Bisu/JD/Flash. I mean, since they came up, how many new players have really surfaced as "top players"? Bisu dethroned Savior way back in early 07. Jaedong rose to dominance when Bisu went into a temporary slump. Flash became a monster in the period shortly after that with the GSI and Bacchus. They have all had their ups and downs, but for the last year or so, all 3 players have been on top. I don't really see them going anywhere, either. New players may come out, but I don't see new players rising to the peaks of those 3 anytime soon.

But, as for rising stars, Skyhigh, Effort... I dunno if Jangbi or Best would be considered "new", but they is certainly "newer" than Bisu/Stork/etc.
"Apparently, Sentenal is a paragon of friendship and tolerance. " - Ech0ne
Djabanete
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States2786 Posts
April 22 2009 21:10 GMT
#75
On April 23 2009 06:06 scwizard wrote:
Where did Jaedong 3-3 come from?
I know that at least Jaedong won 3 games in finals, and another game in proleauge where he used a queen or two.

I wouldn't say that Fantasy has "promise", he's beyond that point to the point where he's playing in OSL finals.

So what I'm saying is that this thread isn't really about Fantasy. Whether or not Fantasy will continue to dominate is just as out of scope ITT as whether or not Jaedong will continue to dominate.


Agreed on fantasy. But the reason he doesn't belong is not because he's Oov's puppet, that's a bullshit reason and that's what I was reacting to.

As for Jaedong 3-3, I just took all their games from this year. IIRC their all-time record favors Jaedong, but I had to start somewhere and since Fantasy is improving rapidly I figured I'd choose a recent date.
May the BeSt man win.
scwizard
Profile Joined March 2009
United States1195 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-22 21:15:34
April 22 2009 21:13 GMT
#76
Ahh, I see why people keep thinking that I'm saying that Flash/Bisu/Jaedong are going to fall soon, it's because the perception that SC2 is coming out soon.

The reason I didn't see that before, is because my personal belief is that SC2 is not coming out for another 2+ years, and the idea of Bisu dominating from early 2007 to early 2012 is hard to imagine given starcraft's history.

Apparently many don't share my beliefs about the release date of SC2. To helps clear away confusion, I'm going to add a cautionary "if there is to be another generation top players before the release of starcraft 2" to the OP.

EDIT: My comment about "who would you bet on for this season's starleagues" was meant to be more about "who would you bet on for rising above their previous status" than "who do you think is going to win"

But that's ambiguous so I removed that comment.
Jaksiel
Profile Joined November 2008
United States4130 Posts
April 22 2009 21:22 GMT
#77
Not enough Zero being mentioned. He did just make MSL semifinals and has many other strong wins on his record in the past few months.
Zero fighting.
MasterReY
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Germany2708 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-22 21:25:05
April 22 2009 21:24 GMT
#78
(T)Leta, (T)sKyHigh, (T)fantasy, (T)BaBy
(Z)EffOrt, (Z)HoeJJa, (Z)by.hero, + Show Spoiler +
(Z)sAviOr

(P)Tempest, (P)Horang2, + Show Spoiler +
(P)Reach !!!!!
https://www.twitch.tv/MasterReY/ ~ Biggest Reach fan on TL.net (Don't even dare to mention LR now) ~ R.I.P Violet ~ Developer of SCRChart
TL+ Member
dekuschrub
Profile Joined May 2008
United States2069 Posts
April 22 2009 21:24 GMT
#79
I have to agree that Zero is the man.

So is skyhigh.

I would say fantasy but hes already gotten 2 silvers soooo hes shown hes amazing.
minus_human
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
4784 Posts
April 22 2009 21:30 GMT
#80
On April 23 2009 06:00 Djabanete wrote:
For Protoss... I dunno, I'd say Backho and Rock will probably fuse into an Archon and kill everyone






I laughed out loud
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 275
UpATreeSC 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1424
EffOrt 1033
Mini 815
Soma 582
actioN 470
Rush 401
Light 324
Larva 319
BeSt 211
Dewaltoss 163
[ Show more ]
Snow 120
hero 103
sorry 89
firebathero 89
Liquid`Ret 60
Zeus 58
Barracks 53
soO 31
Sexy 28
ToSsGirL 26
Trap 25
JYJ 24
Bale 22
Shine 21
zelot 17
Rock 10
Sacsri 9
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7677
qojqva2027
Dendi915
420jenkins174
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps826
Fnx 783
x6flipin474
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5425
Grubby5052
Liquid`Hasu518
Other Games
Beastyqt575
B2W.Neo495
byalli442
ceh9436
Khaldor172
ArmadaUGS157
Liquid`VortiX149
KnowMe139
C9.Mang0127
TKL 91
BRAT_OK 85
Trikslyr54
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV271
BasetradeTV217
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream142
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH278
• StrangeGG 62
• Reevou 7
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 16
• 80smullet 12
• Azhi_Dahaki11
• FirePhoenix11
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV457
League of Legends
• Nemesis3644
• TFBlade895
Other Games
• Shiphtur312
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
6h 42m
Kung Fu Cup
17h 42m
The PondCast
1d 16h
OSC
1d 19h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.