• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:07
CEST 20:07
KST 03:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7056 users

[spoilers] The next generation - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
hooktits
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States972 Posts
April 22 2009 19:15 GMT
#41
flash and jaedong are still going to be chillin in the kespa top 10 for quite a while, a few losses doesn't mean shit. All these people goin crazy cause Jaedong lost a couple games. you need 2 take a step back look at who your talkin about. Jaedong was on fire for the past few months. If he doesn't make ro 8 or better in one of the individual leagues (including gom) Then maybe start worryin ^^ j/k
Hooktits of Tits gaming @hooktits twit
Pepsicolaone
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States967 Posts
April 22 2009 19:16 GMT
#42
tazza. just because of his nickname. i just love it
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equal.
FirstBorn
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Romania3955 Posts
April 22 2009 19:18 GMT
#43
Skyhigh and Baby are looking really good atm, but they're just fresh faces with a lot to prove. I wouldn't actually call Fantasy the next generation as he's already got himself into 2 OSL finals and is preforming pretty good in PL.

But they're all promising and I'm quite hyped to see Baby perform in a starleague.

But seriously, Movie has the most hideously unrefied style. If he's actually got a style. Just by watching his game vs Jeadong, you can see him sending his units to attack but he doesn't have the elegance that Bisu has. Strategically he's good, but he's not entertaining to watch.
SonuvBob: Yes, the majority of TL is college-aged, and thus clearly stupid.
LxRogue
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States1415 Posts
April 22 2009 19:25 GMT
#44
Firstly, i think player likes Jaedong and Flash are nowhere near falling from dominance. Their style is too crazy and the are still just so far ahead of so many others.

In general, these things are next to impossible to predict. Flash and Jaedong largely came out of nowhere to rise to the top. Few players (although Bisu is one of them) are pretty good for a while before being the best.

That said, if I had to choose 1 player, i'd pick ZerO. His muta micro is perhaps the best in the world, and he has the mechanics to go far.
scwizard
Profile Joined March 2009
United States1195 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-22 19:26:08
April 22 2009 19:25 GMT
#45
On April 23 2009 04:18 FirstBorn wrote:
But seriously, Movie has the most hideously unrefied style. If he's actually got a style. Just by watching his game vs Jeadong, you can see him sending his units to attack but he doesn't have the elegance that Bisu has. Strategically he's good, but he's not entertaining to watch.


That he's able to show such results with such a blatant lack of refinement is why I think he has a lot of promise.

You say he's good strategically, so I think then it's just a matter of practice and refinement. It's very hard to gain good strategy if you don't have it, but mechanics and refinement are something that Movie should gain with time, I think it will be a very long time though.
Too_MuchZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Finland2818 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-22 19:28:09
April 22 2009 19:26 GMT
#46
From 2008 II and 2009 I drafts (I am not including team licensing players their own). Predicting 2 to 4 players reaching S-class level in next 2 years.

SKT1

[image loading] KT.MGW)Sweetly (김강빈)

Wemade

[image loading] NsP_FATE (서신우)

ESTRO

[image loading] If.Classic
[image loading] hwata[saM]

Yes I hope ESTRO finally getting some heavy hitters, who knows maybe they will soon get s-class player too.

Rookie Draft 2008 II
Rookie Draft 2009 I

+ Show Spoiler +
Yes I picked pretty much randomly few names but thats I think is point of this thread
darktreb
Profile Joined May 2007
United States3019 Posts
April 22 2009 19:26 GMT
#47
Fantasy is already a well-established star and the most likely Terran to win any given league at the moment (so he's the "best Terran" by that definition). Flash is a better player and still has plenty of time to get his act together. Realistically, neither Flash nor Fantasy has maxed out their potential, though Flash might never get to his max because it seems like it's just so high (higher than any other player for sure).

Skyhigh and By.Hero are for real. I'm expecting Hero to beat Kal in the upcoming GOM match.

Effort is almost certainly for real too. Gotta see more games from Movie but he looks quite good as well.

By the way, what "well known" progamers are younger than Flash? Just Baby? There's no way Flash is done, guys. He's STILL younger than Jaedong was when Jaedong won his first league....
Hammy
Profile Joined January 2009
France828 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-22 19:43:55
April 22 2009 19:38 GMT
#48
I see OSL semi-finals.... Jaedong vs Hwasin and Flash vs By.Hero...
Nah ok, I dream of these semi-final, I don't really see it!
Not such a big fan of Fantasy. He's great but if you're looking for a titan's battle between Jaedong and some other player, I think Flash is the one to call (as long as he doesn't go for a completely standard mech build that JD knows by heart and get raped before his tech kicks in; play safe Flash!)
tyanvit
Profile Joined January 2008
185 Posts
April 22 2009 19:43 GMT
#49
there is only one player who can be considered the next generation:
BRITNEY
I am The Lord
Titusmaster6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5937 Posts
April 22 2009 19:44 GMT
#50
I think the CJ trio and Fantasy and hyvaa are my picks. Some of the other zergs like by.hero and hoejja are ok.

I know most of them have been doing well, but I think they will all do even better in the future.
Shorts down shorts up, BOOM, just like that.
Hammy
Profile Joined January 2009
France828 Posts
April 22 2009 19:44 GMT
#51
Haha : ) BRITNEY's time has come! It's time to be TLPDized!
stroggos
Profile Joined February 2009
New Zealand1543 Posts
April 22 2009 19:46 GMT
#52
I like By.heros zvp, i think he has potential to become the top zerg in 2-3 years along with effOrt.

i have no idea who the rookie toss players are though :/
hi
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
April 22 2009 19:47 GMT
#53
I think Skyhigh is quickly rising to A class player. He needs to get deep into an individual league, but he's played very nicely in Proleague.

for zergs, by.hero comes to mind. it's too bad he's behind two established zerg in STX.

I got nothing for Protoss.
E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
Tyrant
Profile Joined September 2003
Korea (South)234 Posts
April 22 2009 19:53 GMT
#54
skyhigh and baby are going to be solid... i don't like any of the new zergs.

Bisu's loss was pure LOLS and Jaedong's loss was because he made a simple mistake which he admitted to. Everyone makes mistakes and he got caught w/ a big one losing the expo to two cannons.
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
April 22 2009 19:58 GMT
#55
On April 23 2009 04:26 Too_MuchZerg wrote:
From 2008 II and 2009 I drafts (I am not including team licensing players their own). Predicting 2 to 4 players reaching S-class level in next 2 years.

SKT1

[image loading] KT.MGW)Sweetly (김강빈)

Wemade

[image loading] NsP_FATE (서신우)

ESTRO

[image loading] If.Classic
[image loading] hwata[saM]

Yes I hope ESTRO finally getting some heavy hitters, who knows maybe they will soon get s-class player too.

Rookie Draft 2008 II
Rookie Draft 2009 I

+ Show Spoiler +
Yes I picked pretty much randomly few names but thats I think is point of this thread

Sweetly was put on waivers by SKT a few months back ... he's retired now.
Moderator
geegee1
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States618 Posts
April 22 2009 19:59 GMT
#56
BOXER :D
pew pew
BWdero
Profile Joined February 2008
Netherlands476 Posts
April 22 2009 19:59 GMT
#57
I still think (P)Horang2 is going to go places.
Stars fighting! Member #43 of Violet fan cafe. Fuck Kespa.
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-04-22 20:09:45
April 22 2009 20:01 GMT
#58
On April 23 2009 03:46 scwizard wrote:
I never said that Jaedong et al weren't on the top, I said that they wouldn't be on the top forever, and now that they've hit a small bump, it's a good time to look at who will be the next to rise to the top.


"A small bump"? Each of these guys lost one PL game (JD 2). You're reading way too much into the result of one set. If you want to have a discussion about the next generation of top gamers that's cool, but you don't have to sensationalize like this.

Oh yeah, and here are my bets for this season of Starleagues:

(Z)Jaedong
(P)Bisu or
(T)Flash
✌
Too_MuchZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Finland2818 Posts
April 22 2009 20:04 GMT
#59
On April 23 2009 04:58 p4NDemik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2009 04:26 Too_MuchZerg wrote:
From 2008 II and 2009 I drafts (I am not including team licensing players their own). Predicting 2 to 4 players reaching S-class level in next 2 years.

SKT1

[image loading] KT.MGW)Sweetly (김강빈)

Wemade

[image loading] NsP_FATE (서신우)

ESTRO

[image loading] If.Classic
[image loading] hwata[saM]

Yes I hope ESTRO finally getting some heavy hitters, who knows maybe they will soon get s-class player too.

Rookie Draft 2008 II
Rookie Draft 2009 I

+ Show Spoiler +
Yes I picked pretty much randomly few names but thats I think is point of this thread

Sweetly was put on waivers by SKT a few months back ... he's retired now.


So early oh well failed post then. Perhaps I should just randomly pick some other toss
wwooaa
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Croatia179 Posts
April 22 2009 20:06 GMT
#60
Anyone remember the last MSL Group Selection when the had to compile which player is the the hardest to play/beat something like that and most of them said Horang2.. that dude is good, and will certainly be another great protoss, just like Bisu is/was
wWoOaA)Is( /// kasda.cry...Ninjas can't catch you if you are on FIRE !
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 400
UpATreeSC 77
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1092
actioN 462
Dewaltoss 119
firebathero 96
Zeus 60
Trap 41
zelot 28
Sexy 23
ToSsGirL 21
soO 21
[ Show more ]
Bale 21
JYJ 19
Shine 16
NaDa 13
Dota 2
Gorgc7250
qojqva1947
Dendi903
420jenkins163
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1304
Fnx 682
x6flipin273
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7054
crisheroes5007
Liquid`Hasu744
Other Games
Beastyqt776
B2W.Neo559
ceh9502
byalli373
C9.Mang0150
KnowMe147
ArmadaUGS132
Khaldor119
TKL 112
BRAT_OK 78
Trikslyr58
Railgan9
summit1g0
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV250
BasetradeTV195
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream143
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• Reevou 7
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 40
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• FirePhoenix15
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3965
• TFBlade991
Other Games
• Shiphtur411
• WagamamaTV352
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 53m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 53m
Stellar Fest
18h 53m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.