• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:32
CEST 03:32
KST 10:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9359 users

Scmdraft 2 - 0.9.0 Preview - Page 2

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
JungleTerrain
Profile Joined January 2012
Chile799 Posts
May 21 2017 20:52 GMT
#21
On May 21 2017 19:31 S.I. wrote:
I decided to do something fun last night.... transparent creep: [image loading]


That actually looks pretty cool. Might be useful in some niche scenarios
www.broodwarmaps.net
Freakling
Profile Joined October 2012
Germany1534 Posts
May 21 2017 22:18 GMT
#22
Being able to see both creep range and underlying terrain is not that niche actually...
S.I.
Profile Joined April 2017
58 Posts
May 22 2017 00:43 GMT
#23
Uploaded the version with transparent creep + fixes for resizing the left edge of the palette + a few other things.
Bolshevik-
Profile Joined November 2015
39 Posts
May 23 2017 00:39 GMT
#24
Two questions. Does this new version allow for more 'locations' than previous one's? Also, while we are talking about creep is there a way to disable it for a specific building without having to build it on a specific terrain (like rocky or ruins)?
treason2017
Profile Joined May 2017
1 Post
May 23 2017 01:44 GMT
#25
hey SI, any plans to add new features?
JungleTerrain
Profile Joined January 2012
Chile799 Posts
May 23 2017 05:06 GMT
#26
On May 23 2017 10:44 treason2017 wrote:
hey SI, any plans to add new features?


You're gonna have to be more specific, what do you even want him to implement? SCMDraft is already the most powerful editor out there.
www.broodwarmaps.net
S.I.
Profile Joined April 2017
58 Posts
May 23 2017 20:03 GMT
#27
On May 23 2017 09:39 Bolshevik- wrote:
Two questions. Does this new version allow for more 'locations' than previous one's? Also, while we are talking about creep is there a way to disable it for a specific building without having to build it on a specific terrain (like rocky or ruins)?


I'm limited by what the engine supports, in terms of locations. I also don't know of a way of doing the creep, short of possibly (I am just making things up as I go) 1: disabling creep generation va EUD trigger, 2: creating the building; 3: reenabling creep generation

On May 23 2017 10:44 treason2017 wrote:
hey SI, any plans to add new features?


The alpha linked in this thread has numerous new, small features, and as I come up with ideas / have time to work on my idea list more will be added.
Bolshevik-
Profile Joined November 2015
39 Posts
May 23 2017 23:59 GMT
#28
Hmm I'm getting some kind of error when I open latest scmdraft 2. "The procedure entry point richmond could not be located in the dynamic links library etc etc."
S.I.
Profile Joined April 2017
58 Posts
May 25 2017 00:11 GMT
#29
On May 24 2017 08:59 Bolshevik- wrote:
Hmm I'm getting some kind of error when I open latest scmdraft 2. "The procedure entry point richmond could not be located in the dynamic links library etc etc."

You can try ignoring it and seeing if everything works, it should at most effect the trigger editor.

If I can't reproduce it can I send you a version with some test code?
Bolshevik-
Profile Joined November 2015
39 Posts
May 25 2017 03:45 GMT
#30
On May 25 2017 09:11 S.I. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2017 08:59 Bolshevik- wrote:
Hmm I'm getting some kind of error when I open latest scmdraft 2. "The procedure entry point richmond could not be located in the dynamic links library etc etc."

You can try ignoring it and seeing if everything works, it should at most effect the trigger editor.

If I can't reproduce it can I send you a version with some test code?


Well if it opens sure. Dunno the latest didn't seem to. But yeah send over one with test code.
S.I.
Profile Joined April 2017
58 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-02 00:06:14
June 02 2017 00:05 GMT
#31
Isometrical terrain lends to interesting illusion:

Looks round but is an oval: [image loading]

Is round but looks like an egg: [image loading]
S.I.
Profile Joined April 2017
58 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-06-09 07:58:47
June 09 2017 07:58 GMT
#32
New version up which has some fixes and a pure sprite palette + unit sprite setting in the unit palette.
Alpha-NP-
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1242 Posts
June 09 2017 14:03 GMT
#33
Wow it cool you are working on this SI.
FOXin
Profile Blog Joined May 2017
China15 Posts
June 12 2017 06:27 GMT
#34
Thank you for your wonderful work
S.I.
Profile Joined April 2017
58 Posts
June 12 2017 07:56 GMT
#35
Something requested by a few melee map makers: Unit range display
[image loading]
Mistakes
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1105 Posts
June 26 2017 01:39 GMT
#36
Something I just found. I was making a fastest map and upon nearly completing it and testing it, the Terran and Protoss workers mine the stack of minerals no problem, but Zerg Drones don't want to mine more than one or two at a time. Any suggestions?
StarCraft | www.psistorm.com | www.twitter.com/MistakesSC | www.twitch.tv/MistakesSC | Seattle
JungleTerrain
Profile Joined January 2012
Chile799 Posts
June 26 2017 03:09 GMT
#37
On June 26 2017 10:39 Mistakes wrote:
Something I just found. I was making a fastest map and upon nearly completing it and testing it, the Terran and Protoss workers mine the stack of minerals no problem, but Zerg Drones don't want to mine more than one or two at a time. Any suggestions?


Are you sure it was SCMDraft that caused this? It could be something else. Also, make sure that the minerals are not on unwalkable (impassable) tiles, as these can stop workers from mining certain patches.
www.broodwarmaps.net
Mistakes
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1105 Posts
June 26 2017 03:22 GMT
#38
On June 26 2017 12:09 JungleTerrain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2017 10:39 Mistakes wrote:
Something I just found. I was making a fastest map and upon nearly completing it and testing it, the Terran and Protoss workers mine the stack of minerals no problem, but Zerg Drones don't want to mine more than one or two at a time. Any suggestions?


Are you sure it was SCMDraft that caused this? It could be something else. Also, make sure that the minerals are not on unwalkable (impassable) tiles, as these can stop workers from mining certain patches.


So I found the problem. I was using a tile that was highground for the area of the main building and lowground area for the minerals. For whatever reason the other races acted like it was no different but drones would not continue mining for whatever reason.
StarCraft | www.psistorm.com | www.twitter.com/MistakesSC | www.twitch.tv/MistakesSC | Seattle
JungleTerrain
Profile Joined January 2012
Chile799 Posts
June 26 2017 06:55 GMT
#39
On June 26 2017 12:22 Mistakes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2017 12:09 JungleTerrain wrote:
On June 26 2017 10:39 Mistakes wrote:
Something I just found. I was making a fastest map and upon nearly completing it and testing it, the Terran and Protoss workers mine the stack of minerals no problem, but Zerg Drones don't want to mine more than one or two at a time. Any suggestions?


Are you sure it was SCMDraft that caused this? It could be something else. Also, make sure that the minerals are not on unwalkable (impassable) tiles, as these can stop workers from mining certain patches.


So I found the problem. I was using a tile that was highground for the area of the main building and lowground area for the minerals. For whatever reason the other races acted like it was no different but drones would not continue mining for whatever reason.


Erratic behavior, welcome to Brood War!
www.broodwarmaps.net
Mistakes
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1105 Posts
June 27 2017 06:16 GMT
#40
Been playing BW for ~18 years and making maps for ~10 but for whatever reason never noticed that specific bug before. Haha.
StarCraft | www.psistorm.com | www.twitter.com/MistakesSC | www.twitch.tv/MistakesSC | Seattle
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings95
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 135
Sharp 54
Bale 32
Dota 2
monkeys_forever558
NeuroSwarm209
League of Legends
Doublelift4022
Counter-Strike
taco 510
Other Games
summit1g7172
JimRising 497
C9.Mang0351
ViBE169
ToD84
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick681
BasetradeTV172
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 138
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP90
• poizon28 41
• davetesta27
• Adnapsc2 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra871
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 29m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
10h 29m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 29m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.