• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:10
CEST 05:10
KST 12:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8838 users

Scmdraft 2 - 0.9.0 Preview - Page 5

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
iopq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1183 Posts
July 17 2017 14:54 GMT
#81
I counted at least 16, and maybe a few more stacked on top of each other.
Freakling
Profile Joined October 2012
Germany1534 Posts
July 17 2017 14:58 GMT
#82
That's what's in the first picture, but without knowing exactly what happened in-between (how many Probes were pulled and when?) it's not possible to tell what happened there.
Do you have a replay and the specific map file used in that game?
S.I.
Profile Joined April 2017
58 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-23 23:53:09
July 21 2017 00:04 GMT
#83
Next feature to get an overhaul is the custom brush palette, in order to display a graphical preview etc.

This is what the updated palette currently looks like (Full disclosure: Not my brush file):

[image loading]


[image loading]

E: Current state now looks like this:
[image loading]
LatiAs
Profile Joined February 2016
27 Posts
July 24 2017 10:15 GMT
#84
I think, if some unit move from A to B, unit try to find minimum regions between A and B(Yellow rec), not minimum distance.

Thats why gas of CB 1'o has worker bug.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
S.I.
Profile Joined April 2017
58 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-24 11:14:14
July 24 2017 11:09 GMT
#85
The pathfinder definitely calculates a distance in pixels, not in regions, when finding the path between regions. I think that would explain the bug, since it would calculate from the current worker position to the center of the left region, and from that center to the command center, and that is longer than the path to the center of the bottom region. I'm not sure of the exact algorithm. Tscmoo may know more.

At some point I may add the display of the long path (region to region), but since that is only a rough estimate of the actual path it could be very misleading for people who do not read the info that says its an stimate.
Freakling
Profile Joined October 2012
Germany1534 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-24 17:46:09
July 24 2017 17:28 GMT
#86
On July 24 2017 19:15 LatiAs wrote:
I think, if some unit move from A to B, unit try to find minimum regions between A and B(Yellow rec), not minimum distance.

Thats why gas of CB 1'o has worker bug.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Not quite.
What I figured out so far is that units do not really "want" to travel vertically or horizontally along (i.e. on top of) a region border while crossing another,perpendicular, region border. You can very easily test this on a simple blank map (which gives you a simple, regular 8x8 region grid).
Units traveling diagonally will also go from node to node over longer distances, whereas units traveling in the axial directions will keep perfect formation (unless they are crossing a perpendicular region border while traveling on top of another one, as stated above).
This is just empiric testing. I cannot tell you how it works on the algorithmic level, but it's enough of a guideline to predict small-scale unit pathing pretty accurately (like when debugging resource formations).

Also: Which version of CB is that even? Seems like the minerals are shifted away from the edge by one tile...
This is how I fixed it in my CB update:
+ Show Spoiler [show image] +
[image loading]

Just shifted the topmost region border a tile to the left (by changing a single cliff edge tile to the left from mostly walkable to not mostly unwalkable).

Another topic: Have you seen my post on Afreeca, concerning cover bugs on some ramps on Salamander?

S.I.
Profile Joined April 2017
58 Posts
July 29 2017 15:06 GMT
#87
I reworked the palette windows some more, for better grouping.

[image loading]
S.I.
Profile Joined April 2017
58 Posts
August 10 2017 00:31 GMT
#88
New version available with support for brush subgroups, vorbis OGG sound files, HiDPI font/UI scaling, and various small fixes.

Let me know if anything isn't working.
Bolshevik-
Profile Joined November 2015
39 Posts
August 22 2017 21:47 GMT
#89
Will the scmdraft 2 ever stop crashing every 5 seconds? Wasn't an issue before as much but now its just terrible. Like I just mouse around the screen and it crashes.
JungleTerrain
Profile Joined January 2012
Chile799 Posts
August 22 2017 22:27 GMT
#90
On August 23 2017 06:47 Bolshevik- wrote:
Will the scmdraft 2 ever stop crashing every 5 seconds? Wasn't an issue before as much but now its just terrible. Like I just mouse around the screen and it crashes.


This thread is for reporting bugs, you can also Pm S.I. and give him the diagnostic files when it crashes. He will work with you to solve the problem.
www.broodwarmaps.net
S.I.
Profile Joined April 2017
58 Posts
August 22 2017 22:39 GMT
#91
On August 23 2017 06:47 Bolshevik- wrote:
Will the scmdraft 2 ever stop crashing every 5 seconds? Wasn't an issue before as much but now its just terrible. Like I just mouse around the screen and it crashes.

Send me the minidump file and which version you are using and I will take a look.

Also make sure you are using the current version. (There was a build a few weeks back that may have crashed if there was too many animations on the screen at once, but that was fixed two days later)
Bolshevik-
Profile Joined November 2015
39 Posts
August 23 2017 20:18 GMT
#92
On August 23 2017 07:39 S.I. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 23 2017 06:47 Bolshevik- wrote:
Will the scmdraft 2 ever stop crashing every 5 seconds? Wasn't an issue before as much but now its just terrible. Like I just mouse around the screen and it crashes.

Send me the minidump file and which version you are using and I will take a look.

Also make sure you are using the current version. (There was a build a few weeks back that may have crashed if there was too many animations on the screen at once, but that was fixed two days later)


Ok, I'll take a look.
Bolshevik-
Profile Joined November 2015
39 Posts
August 23 2017 21:31 GMT
#93
It crashes every time I open up the locations (on the left hand side of the screen) in the map editor.
S.I.
Profile Joined April 2017
58 Posts
August 23 2017 22:32 GMT
#94
First of all: Make sure you are using version 0.9.0, not version 0.8.0. Version 0.8.0 is many years old and had a render error depending on viewport size that could cause that in location mode, and it sounds like you are using that version.

If it is happening in 0.9.0, then send me the Trigedit.dmp file from the crash so I can analyze the root cause. If you could also create a full memory dump in addition to the minidump it would be even easier. (Open task manager -> details -> right click on ScmDraft 2.exe column and select 'Create dump file'). The minidump is more important though.
blitzburns4
Profile Joined October 2017
9 Posts
October 18 2017 09:16 GMT
#95
Hello S.I.

First off, thank you for your continued work on this toolkit. It's vastly useful and intuitive and I love using it even as a noob mapmaker.

With that said- I need your help for a basic function as a mapmaker, because I cannot seem to find it within scmdraft 2.0. I'm currently editing a custom map so I can play it with a reduced number of players. (Its an edit to an existing map.) I'm trying to make it so the units for the various players still spawn whether the players are there or not. Currently, if a player is not in the slot when the game starts; the units will not spawn at all. I'm trying to have the units spawn and then have a separate trigger to transfer them to a neutral computer. Any idea if I can do this within scmdraft?

Thank you in advance,

blitzburns4
killer_power
Profile Joined October 2017
1 Post
October 20 2017 23:12 GMT
#96
i have a Bug, StarCraft v1.20.8.3060, Remastered unlocked. resoures is invisible, unit cost can not change
NoS-Craig
Profile Joined July 2011
Australia3170 Posts
October 21 2017 09:49 GMT
#97
Holy heck this is amazing. I love the unit range display and the rotational symmetry. Great work man I'll have to check it out.
Artosis loves Starcraft
S.I.
Profile Joined April 2017
58 Posts
October 23 2017 21:53 GMT
#98
On October 18 2017 18:16 blitzburns4 wrote:
Hello S.I.

First off, thank you for your continued work on this toolkit. It's vastly useful and intuitive and I love using it even as a noob mapmaker.

With that said- I need your help for a basic function as a mapmaker, because I cannot seem to find it within scmdraft 2.0. I'm currently editing a custom map so I can play it with a reduced number of players. (Its an edit to an existing map.) I'm trying to make it so the units for the various players still spawn whether the players are there or not. Currently, if a player is not in the slot when the game starts; the units will not spawn at all. I'm trying to have the units spawn and then have a separate trigger to transfer them to a neutral computer. Any idea if I can do this within scmdraft?

Thank you in advance,

blitzburns4


Assuming you don't want to have a CPU slot, you may be able to give those units to neutral or players 9 / 10 / 11 and re--assign them via triggers.

On October 21 2017 08:12 killer_power wrote:
i have a Bug, StarCraft v1.20.8.3060, Remastered unlocked. resoures is invisible, unit cost can not change


If the resources are not showing up, my guess is they are not owned by player 12 (Neutral)

Timebon3s
Profile Joined May 2018
Norway772 Posts
August 02 2025 20:22 GMT
#99
Hello and thanks for making this software. I've had a lot of fun with it! :-)

I tried installing it again now, but i get fatal error: failed loading primary mpq (c:/games/starcraft/broodat.mpq)
I have the latest version and the folder path is correct. Anyone know what to do? :o
Crimson)S(hadow
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Philippines959 Posts
Last Edited: 2025-08-03 02:57:22
August 03 2025 02:55 GMT
#100
would there be a way to get a tileset index for toon graphics? my little cousins are getting into SC and they all find the carbot skin appealing. i feel making maps that specifically look good in cartoon will get a lot of newer blood to play
"It's the end of the BW era which i devoted everything to for 10 years. I tried playing sc2, but my BW memories run too deep; I felt like I was playing an entirely different game" -ToSsGirL
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 566
NaDa 47
TT1 2
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 669
Other Games
summit1g10620
WinterStarcraft367
Mew2King101
ViBE90
ArmadaUGS52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1325
BasetradeTV320
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream149
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• davetesta43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush756
• Lourlo521
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 51m
INu's Battles
8h 51m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 51m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 51m
Replay Cast
19h 51m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.