• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:37
CEST 08:37
KST 15:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202614Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9886 users

Mouse clicks freezing/blocking keyboard inputs - Page 3

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
RouaF
Profile Joined October 2010
France4121 Posts
May 03 2017 19:17 GMT
#41
I've always found this very annoying, even back in the day... It's the only thing that bothers me when playing bw again. I would be glad if they changed it.
Highgamer
Profile Joined October 2015
1473 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-05-03 20:08:37
May 03 2017 20:07 GMT
#42
Just my opinion, but I'm against any changes to anything that changes how the game itself is played.

It's part of BW that the inputs have to be super precise and that control is incredibly hard. If you take that away you destroy my game, yes, even the keyboard-mouse-input-conflict.

Arguments about playability, especially making it easier than it is for new (or old) players - that's what all the proposed changes are about at the core - are all valid, they all make the game easier or more convenient if you want to put it that way.
But no, I feel this game is meant to be exactly how it is, with all the quirks as absurd and annoying as they may be. That it it has been like this forever is part of what makes this game nostalgic and awesome. Make a new one if you want another.

What's the point in getting angry about losing a game here and there for these random difficulties? They're even for everyone. Practicing more makes the problem go away.

I just see a lurking danger here, considering what happened to SC2.
"It's just a minor change, it's unintended, only that one."... Give somebody an inch, and... + Show Spoiler +
tomorrow we have smart casting... YES, this is a possible end of the story. But of course today it sounds absurd and I shouldn't bother...
Chosi
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Germany1309 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-05-05 20:15:11
May 05 2017 20:13 GMT
#43
Your example isn't a good one. Good players already adopted to this and are not really impacted. So fixing that would change nothing for them at all. Smartcasting would change the game for everyone dramatically. Fixing this would take away frustration from new or lower tier players (like me), but it would not give me an edge or advantage or anything. When the game ignores your commands, that is no different from having lags or packet loss. It will frustrate you but there is not really anything you can do about it. It is a ridiculous idea that moving your focus to releasing the mouse before pressing the keyboard is something you will ever be able to do while playing Starcraft, unless you are sub 30 APM (and even then I doubt it).
And even if you really want to consider this an advantage that is granted to the bottom segment of players, what's the impact? Imagine having a really tense and close game and then winning because half your opponents army did not enter the final battle because the game ignored the commands he gave. That's like winning a 45 minute game because your opponent had a disconnect. That sucks for everyone. This needs to be fixed.
Someday, you’re going to fuck up so magnificently, so ambitiously, so overwhelmingly that the sky will light up and the moons will spin and the gods themselves will shit comets with glee. And I just hope I’m still around to see it.
Kau *
Profile Joined March 2007
Canada3502 Posts
May 05 2017 20:28 GMT
#44
I always have this happen to my control groups so that's why I spam them to 1a2a3a4a two or three times. Another way around this is to never play for the late game where you need that many control groups.
Moderator
Chosi
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Germany1309 Posts
May 05 2017 21:35 GMT
#45
I can't tell you why but I seem to do that all the time. Somewhere in time I just internalized releasing the mouse while clicking the buttons and so I start struggling with this the moment i have more than one control group. Playing Terran you have a second group the moment you have the first medic and you lose games the moment that 1-3 medics don't follow your marines right away. When you do 1a2a3a and it results in 1aa3a and just by that you lose the game, you want to break your keyboard.
Someday, you’re going to fuck up so magnificently, so ambitiously, so overwhelmingly that the sky will light up and the moons will spin and the gods themselves will shit comets with glee. And I just hope I’m still around to see it.
N-KO
Profile Joined April 2017
25 Posts
May 24 2017 16:41 GMT
#46
Bump because this is important
B-royal
Profile Joined May 2015
Belgium1330 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-05-24 18:28:57
May 24 2017 18:28 GMT
#47
Yeah it's important to keep the status quo. If this would get changed, I will be microing 2 control groups of mutalisk every game with absolute ease. Even more so if it gets combined with custom hotkeys.
new BW-player (~E rank fish) twitch.tv/crispydrone || What plays 500 games a season but can't get better? => http://imgur.com/a/pLzf9 <= ||
N-KO
Profile Joined April 2017
25 Posts
May 24 2017 19:25 GMT
#48
This would only improve the micro of players who hold down the mouse click button for longer than others. So if you're quick to let go M1 it shouldn't change anything, however mouse release time blocking keyboard inputs is an interesting discussion, it would be an even field if it was removed in a sense, and it would still reward the faster player.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
May 24 2017 20:57 GMT
#49
On May 25 2017 03:28 B-royal wrote:
Yeah it's important to keep the status quo. If this would get changed, I will be microing 2 control groups of mutalisk every game with absolute ease. Even more so if it gets combined with custom hotkeys.

WTF? No.
N-KO
Profile Joined April 2017
25 Posts
May 24 2017 22:07 GMT
#50
On May 25 2017 05:57 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2017 03:28 B-royal wrote:
Yeah it's important to keep the status quo. If this would get changed, I will be microing 2 control groups of mutalisk every game with absolute ease. Even more so if it gets combined with custom hotkeys.

WTF? No.


Yea I wanted to say just that but I was going to get the "lol under 20 posts" reply.
mca64Launcher_
Profile Joined June 2015
Poland629 Posts
May 24 2017 22:28 GMT
#51
On April 20 2017 23:48 marwin wrote:
First I discovered this issue when I bought cherry mx switchers keyboard. Some of my actions were just "ignored". I realized at that time that holding one of the mouse buttons pressed completely blocked the keyboard input. I ran WC3 and I was surprised that there was no such problem there. I contacted MCA, described the problem and he figured out how to fix it. So now you have an option in MCA Launcher - Shitty Plugin > Keyboard Access > Fix keyboard ignoring (it could sound differently in english version of MCA cause I've translated it from russian).
Conclusion: In my opinion this issue should be completely fixed at least in Remastered.



i remember this, good old times
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
May 25 2017 01:04 GMT
#52
On May 25 2017 07:07 N-KO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2017 05:57 -Archangel- wrote:
On May 25 2017 03:28 B-royal wrote:
Yeah it's important to keep the status quo. If this would get changed, I will be microing 2 control groups of mutalisk every game with absolute ease. Even more so if it gets combined with custom hotkeys.

WTF? No.


Yea I wanted to say just that but I was going to get the "lol under 20 posts" reply.

Well Archangel is just going to get a "you don't play Broodwar and won't for more than 2 days at most if HD catches your eye and have no interest or understanding in the longevity of the game and your primary motivation seems to be validating your ideas about what is and is not good about SC2. Please stop." reply anyway. Same thing.
~
B-royal
Profile Joined May 2015
Belgium1330 Posts
May 25 2017 01:42 GMT
#53
On May 25 2017 05:57 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2017 03:28 B-royal wrote:
Yeah it's important to keep the status quo. If this would get changed, I will be microing 2 control groups of mutalisk every game with absolute ease. Even more so if it gets combined with custom hotkeys.

WTF? No.


Eh yes, I can and I will. And I shudder to think what the pro's will be able to do when H/P are on more accessible keys, combined with the fact that switching between control groups and performing your shots will become easy as hell.

new BW-player (~E rank fish) twitch.tv/crispydrone || What plays 500 games a season but can't get better? => http://imgur.com/a/pLzf9 <= ||
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4456 Posts
May 25 2017 06:29 GMT
#54
Just fix it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
May 25 2017 09:45 GMT
#55
On May 25 2017 10:04 Lachrymose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2017 07:07 N-KO wrote:
On May 25 2017 05:57 -Archangel- wrote:
On May 25 2017 03:28 B-royal wrote:
Yeah it's important to keep the status quo. If this would get changed, I will be microing 2 control groups of mutalisk every game with absolute ease. Even more so if it gets combined with custom hotkeys.

WTF? No.


Yea I wanted to say just that but I was going to get the "lol under 20 posts" reply.

Well Archangel is just going to get a "you don't play Broodwar and won't for more than 2 days at most if HD catches your eye and have no interest or understanding in the longevity of the game and your primary motivation seems to be validating your ideas about what is and is not good about SC2. Please stop." reply anyway. Same thing.

Your Elitism and douchebaggery is over 9000 atm.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
May 25 2017 09:47 GMT
#56
On May 25 2017 10:42 B-royal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2017 05:57 -Archangel- wrote:
On May 25 2017 03:28 B-royal wrote:
Yeah it's important to keep the status quo. If this would get changed, I will be microing 2 control groups of mutalisk every game with absolute ease. Even more so if it gets combined with custom hotkeys.

WTF? No.


Eh yes, I can and I will. And I shudder to think what the pro's will be able to do when H/P are on more accessible keys, combined with the fact that switching between control groups and performing your shots will become easy as hell.


I agree with you completely. The game will surely be too easy. It is way too easy now. I can micro 3 groups of mutalisks with one hand.. on keyboard only. Since I think it is only fair everyone becomes as l33t as me, BW Remastered should also remove mouse support.
Only then the true skill of the game can shine.
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4456 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-05-25 09:49:41
May 25 2017 09:49 GMT
#57
Where were all these whiners when they allowed rally to be set with right click?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
May 25 2017 09:53 GMT
#58
On May 25 2017 18:45 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2017 10:04 Lachrymose wrote:
On May 25 2017 07:07 N-KO wrote:
On May 25 2017 05:57 -Archangel- wrote:
On May 25 2017 03:28 B-royal wrote:
Yeah it's important to keep the status quo. If this would get changed, I will be microing 2 control groups of mutalisk every game with absolute ease. Even more so if it gets combined with custom hotkeys.

WTF? No.


Yea I wanted to say just that but I was going to get the "lol under 20 posts" reply.

Well Archangel is just going to get a "you don't play Broodwar and won't for more than 2 days at most if HD catches your eye and have no interest or understanding in the longevity of the game and your primary motivation seems to be validating your ideas about what is and is not good about SC2. Please stop." reply anyway. Same thing.

Your Elitism and douchebaggery is over 9000 atm.

It's not elitism. I don't care how bad at Broodwar you are. I care that you don't actually care about Broodwar.
~
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-05-25 09:57:13
May 25 2017 09:55 GMT
#59
On May 25 2017 18:53 Lachrymose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2017 18:45 -Archangel- wrote:
On May 25 2017 10:04 Lachrymose wrote:
On May 25 2017 07:07 N-KO wrote:
On May 25 2017 05:57 -Archangel- wrote:
On May 25 2017 03:28 B-royal wrote:
Yeah it's important to keep the status quo. If this would get changed, I will be microing 2 control groups of mutalisk every game with absolute ease. Even more so if it gets combined with custom hotkeys.

WTF? No.


Yea I wanted to say just that but I was going to get the "lol under 20 posts" reply.

Well Archangel is just going to get a "you don't play Broodwar and won't for more than 2 days at most if HD catches your eye and have no interest or understanding in the longevity of the game and your primary motivation seems to be validating your ideas about what is and is not good about SC2. Please stop." reply anyway. Same thing.

Your Elitism and douchebaggery is over 9000 atm.

It's not elitism. I don't care how bad at Broodwar you are. I care that you don't actually care about Broodwar.

I do care about Broodwar, I want it to succeed and replace SC2 as main esport RTS in Korea and the West. But unlike you I understand that it needs some (to you painful) changes to succeed.

The issue in this topic should be fixed, it is more of a bug then a balance concern. Talking like it is not is pure elitism.
Lachrymose
Profile Joined February 2008
Australia1928 Posts
May 25 2017 10:03 GMT
#60
On May 25 2017 18:55 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2017 18:53 Lachrymose wrote:
On May 25 2017 18:45 -Archangel- wrote:
On May 25 2017 10:04 Lachrymose wrote:
On May 25 2017 07:07 N-KO wrote:
On May 25 2017 05:57 -Archangel- wrote:
On May 25 2017 03:28 B-royal wrote:
Yeah it's important to keep the status quo. If this would get changed, I will be microing 2 control groups of mutalisk every game with absolute ease. Even more so if it gets combined with custom hotkeys.

WTF? No.


Yea I wanted to say just that but I was going to get the "lol under 20 posts" reply.

Well Archangel is just going to get a "you don't play Broodwar and won't for more than 2 days at most if HD catches your eye and have no interest or understanding in the longevity of the game and your primary motivation seems to be validating your ideas about what is and is not good about SC2. Please stop." reply anyway. Same thing.

Your Elitism and douchebaggery is over 9000 atm.

It's not elitism. I don't care how bad at Broodwar you are. I care that you don't actually care about Broodwar.

I do care about Broodwar, I want it to succeed and replace SC2 as main esport RTS in Korea and the West. But unlike you I understand that it needs some (to your painful) changes to succeed.

The issue in this topic should be fixed, it is more of a bug then a balance concern. Talking like it is not is pure elitism.

Broodwar is what it is. Turning it into something it's not isn't the way forward. SC2 design paradigms will land it right next to SC2.
~
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3965
Mong 79
sorry 44
ToSsGirL 33
Noble 8
Icarus 7
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King162
Other Games
summit1g8180
WinterStarcraft596
ceh9305
Sick158
Happy6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2279
League of Legends
• Lourlo1007
• Stunt403
Other Games
• Shiphtur538
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 23m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.