• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:25
CEST 13:25
KST 20:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202617Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9927 users

Mouse clicks freezing/blocking keyboard inputs - Page 6

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10395 Posts
February 20 2018 18:00 GMT
#101
On February 21 2018 02:54 Magic Powers wrote:
I never noticed an input fix anywhere between 2000 and 2010. I don't think what Day9 is saying is correct, I'd like confirmation for that.

It was never an official fix, it was a "click buffer" that was part of the various launchers that people used to connect to third party servers. I don't think it was ever KeSPA or tournament-legal.

I am also pretty sure that it was off by default in at least ICCup/Chaos launcher, meaning that unless you directly went and changed it, you were still playing with the same constraint.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
jinjin5000
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1560 Posts
February 20 2018 22:18 GMT
#102
I do recall pros complaining a lot about input canceling during 1.18, but not much recently.

It was serious issue during 1.18
Chrysanthemum
Profile Blog Joined October 2017
55 Posts
February 20 2018 22:28 GMT
#103
On February 20 2018 16:52 Sero wrote:
It makes a huge difference between players. Most people miss a few buildings like barracks when they try to quickly macro with SK terran, and can't quickly move their entire army if it's more than a few control groups. Good players can, and removing that would reduce the skill involved. Why not just add MBS too? You want to macro like Flash or whatever progamer without actually learning the game, right?


This made me actually chuckle. What an absurd false equivalency.
TL+ Member
Malkiyah
Profile Joined April 2012
Russian Federation92 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-07-24 21:27:26
July 24 2018 20:41 GMT
#104
Good day.

Please support this official thread regarding NOT registering key inputs https://us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20766456531

Thanks!
HaN-
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
France1920 Posts
October 19 2018 11:10 GMT
#105
Calendaraka Foxhan
chuDr3t4
Profile Joined April 2010
Russian Federation484 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-10-19 12:38:23
October 19 2018 12:33 GMT
#106
That will fix some of the problem, with 1a2a3a4a etc but not all of it.



at 12th second of the clip I do 1sd2sd3sd4sd5sd
If you watch frame by frame, you will see that there was a frame with "1" pressed, then some frames with nothing pressed, then there were some frames with only "S" pressed, then some frames with nothing pressed, then some frames with only "D" pressed.
At 3SD something even peculiar happens, between "S" and "D" I don't see a frame where nothing is pressed, and you could kinda say it's my fault, but there is no frame when 2 keys are pressed at once, I was just fast.
This sequence of actions, did not result in 1 and 3 Hatchery building drones.

That's not a mouse issue, mouse buttons were not pressed in that clip.
That's not my keyboard issue, since you see on the screen what my computer got from my keyboard, the buttons were pressed.
That's a Starcraft issue.
It makes SC:R unplayable for me.


As soon as I improved to 150+ APM in SC:R I could not take it anymore. Playing while game does not register what I pressed was not fun to say the least.
I live in Russia. I wear the fufaika, valenoks and the shapka-ushanka with the red star. I drink vodka straight from the samovar, and my riding bear plays on the balalaika.
Bakuryu
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany1065 Posts
October 19 2018 13:07 GMT
#107
On October 19 2018 21:33 chuDr3t4 wrote:
That will fix some of the problem, with 1a2a3a4a etc but not all of it.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SullenHelpfulPieTooSpicy

at 12th second of the clip I do 1sd2sd3sd4sd5sd
If you watch frame by frame, you will see that there was a frame with "1" pressed, then some frames with nothing pressed, then there were some frames with only "S" pressed, then some frames with nothing pressed, then some frames with only "D" pressed.
At 3SD something even peculiar happens, between "S" and "D" I don't see a frame where nothing is pressed, and you could kinda say it's my fault, but there is no frame when 2 keys are pressed at once, I was just fast.
This sequence of actions, did not result in 1 and 3 Hatchery building drones.

That's not a mouse issue, mouse buttons were not pressed in that clip.
That's not my keyboard issue, since you see on the screen what my computer got from my keyboard, the buttons were pressed.
That's a Starcraft issue.
It makes SC:R unplayable for me.


As soon as I improved to 150+ APM in SC:R I could not take it anymore. Playing while game does not register what I pressed was not fun to say the least.


this is the real problem.
from my understanding (how i think it is working), when selecting units, it takes a certain amount of time (based on TR/lag) for the interface/commands to update.
with low TR (+ lag), macro as zerg takes a long time, just waiting out the selection delay... or repeating everything 2-3times
so im not sure if they can solve that, because it would affect all units, but as long as it doesnt break any current tech (e.g.:moving larva left with overlord) i would be really happy if they solved that.

PS: i think this is a zerg only problem because larva = units, if not, feel free to correct me.
Lumire
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States607 Posts
October 19 2018 13:41 GMT
#108
On October 19 2018 22:07 Bakuryu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2018 21:33 chuDr3t4 wrote:
That will fix some of the problem, with 1a2a3a4a etc but not all of it.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SullenHelpfulPieTooSpicy

at 12th second of the clip I do 1sd2sd3sd4sd5sd
If you watch frame by frame, you will see that there was a frame with "1" pressed, then some frames with nothing pressed, then there were some frames with only "S" pressed, then some frames with nothing pressed, then some frames with only "D" pressed.
At 3SD something even peculiar happens, between "S" and "D" I don't see a frame where nothing is pressed, and you could kinda say it's my fault, but there is no frame when 2 keys are pressed at once, I was just fast.
This sequence of actions, did not result in 1 and 3 Hatchery building drones.

That's not a mouse issue, mouse buttons were not pressed in that clip.
That's not my keyboard issue, since you see on the screen what my computer got from my keyboard, the buttons were pressed.
That's a Starcraft issue.
It makes SC:R unplayable for me.


As soon as I improved to 150+ APM in SC:R I could not take it anymore. Playing while game does not register what I pressed was not fun to say the least.


this is the real problem.
from my understanding (how i think it is working), when selecting units, it takes a certain amount of time (based on TR/lag) for the interface/commands to update.
with low TR (+ lag), macro as zerg takes a long time, just waiting out the selection delay... or repeating everything 2-3times
so im not sure if they can solve that, because it would affect all units, but as long as it doesnt break any current tech (e.g.:moving larva left with overlord) i would be really happy if they solved that.

PS: i think this is a zerg only problem because larva = units, if not, feel free to correct me.


I think it's the same regardless of turn rate since both inputs are equally delayed. I think the delay applies to buildings as well, I've heard terrans complain about the minimum manual input delay, but since it takes more actions to create a unit as zerg it's more noticeable I think.

Either way, I really hope more attention is brought to this, it's been driving me crazy for years and I can't seem to get used to the delay. I don't think any harm would be done by fixing it.

|| o.o
Chosi
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Germany1309 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-19 09:09:20
November 19 2018 09:06 GMT
#109
Sorry for reviving this, but when remastered came out I was so hyped coming back to SC after years - only to stop after a hand full of games because I lost so many games because the game did not register some important inputs. When I found out this is a bug I felt relieved because it's not just me and hopeful that this would be fixed soon. I put SC aside and then life happened for a while. Two days ago I came back to the game and found out that bug is still here and, since it's probably super easy to fix, it might stay here forever. Imagine the game that defined your youth and big chunks of your life being brought back but in a way that makes it impossible to play for you (and a bunch of others). FML..

EDIT: I found out even Day9 supported that this bug should be fixed as it was fixed ages ago in multiple launchers, so lot's of pro's might have played without this bug their whole career. How can you even argue with Day9?
Someday, you’re going to fuck up so magnificently, so ambitiously, so overwhelmingly that the sky will light up and the moons will spin and the gods themselves will shit comets with glee. And I just hope I’m still around to see it.
Demurity
Profile Joined April 2011
United States424 Posts
November 19 2018 14:38 GMT
#110
On November 19 2018 18:06 Chosi wrote:
Sorry for reviving this, but when remastered came out I was so hyped coming back to SC after years - only to stop after a hand full of games because I lost so many games because the game did not register some important inputs. When I found out this is a bug I felt relieved because it's not just me and hopeful that this would be fixed soon. I put SC aside and then life happened for a while. Two days ago I came back to the game and found out that bug is still here and, since it's probably super easy to fix, it might stay here forever. Imagine the game that defined your youth and big chunks of your life being brought back but in a way that makes it impossible to play for you (and a bunch of others). FML..

EDIT: I found out even Day9 supported that this bug should be fixed as it was fixed ages ago in multiple launchers, so lot's of pro's might have played without this bug their whole career. How can you even argue with Day9?


I'd hardly call it a bug. It's just how it was designed... in '98
|Terran|
QuadroX
Profile Joined August 2017
386 Posts
November 19 2018 15:32 GMT
#111
On November 19 2018 23:38 Demurity wrote:

I'd hardly call it a bug. It's just how it was designed... in '98


1. It's annoying as hell and cost you games.
2. It could be fixed by launchers back in 1.16.1 days and people did not complain (I believe).
3. Clearly more votes to fix this. Could be just foreigners. I would like to see what Koreans think about it.
4. The most important point - Day9 approves the fix.
badpenny
Profile Joined August 2018
Canada54 Posts
November 19 2018 17:10 GMT
#112
what lol, people are gonna argue from authority based on the fact that Day[9] thinks a certain change is good?
at least have your own argument to back up your points

also quadrox, not to pick on you specifically, but your point #1 is true of pretty much everything that can go wrong in bw
QuadroX
Profile Joined August 2017
386 Posts
November 19 2018 17:47 GMT
#113
On November 20 2018 02:10 badpenny wrote:
what lol, people are gonna argue from authority based on the fact that Day[9] thinks a certain change is good?
at least have your own argument to back up your points

also quadrox, not to pick on you specifically, but your point #1 is true of pretty much everything that can go wrong in bw


You shouldn't question Day[9]'s authority here. Yes #1 is pretty much everything in the game, can ignore that. Tbh I would very much like to see some data on what Korean progamers think about that fix.
Hexos
Profile Joined November 2018
6 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-11-19 20:00:36
November 19 2018 19:12 GMT
#114
--- Nuked ---
rand0MPrecisi0n
Profile Joined February 2017
313 Posts
November 19 2018 20:11 GMT
#115
Day9 doesn't even play the game anymore. His opinion is worthless, as he will not be affected by any changes
Hexos
Profile Joined November 2018
6 Posts
November 19 2018 20:56 GMT
#116
--- Nuked ---
rand0MPrecisi0n
Profile Joined February 2017
313 Posts
November 19 2018 21:00 GMT
#117
On November 20 2018 05:56 Hexos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2018 05:11 rand0MPrecisi0n wrote:
Day9 doesn't even play the game anymore. His opinion is worthless, as he will not be affected by any changes

Jesus Christ, every football coach is useless as shit since they dont participate in actually playing the game. Even so you dont know how often day9 plays the game


Is Day9 a coach now? Terrible analogy bud
badpenny
Profile Joined August 2018
Canada54 Posts
November 19 2018 21:24 GMT
#118
personally, i just meant that Day[9] is only one people out of many who have both an opinion on this and some standing within the bw community, so saying his opinion is automatically right is not valid or reasonable. he's not the pope of brood war
SchAmToo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1141 Posts
November 19 2018 21:32 GMT
#119
Honestly I think it's just a QoL feature that will help out lowbies a bit more. Most higher-end pro's have gotten over the issue and still win games. It's not really something that should win or loss games for you unless you're actively trying to ignore it. Once you get in the rhythm it's avoidable.

However, I think it helps out lowbies to have it removed and makes the game a bit more accessible without costing too much "Brood War is perfect how it is".
twitch.tv/schamtoo | twitter.com/schamtoo
molotow[eef]
Profile Joined October 2012
Germany81 Posts
November 21 2018 13:47 GMT
#120
I looked closely at the clip of chuDr3t4 and recognized the following things:

1) Hatchery HK have essentially no delay.
2) Initiating select Larva command has basically no delay (The blue highlight of the larva button (bottom right) reacts within 1 frame)
3) From the (blue) signal that S has been pressed to the interface actually changing to display the larva there is a non-constant delay

For Hatch 2: 1 Frame: press S --> Blue Highlight | 2 Frames: Blue Highlight --> Show Larva
For Hatch 3: 1 Frame: press S --> Blue Highlight | 4 Frames: Blue Highlight --> Show Larva
For Hatch 5: 1 Frame: press S --> Blue Highlight | 1 Frame: Blue Highlight --> Show Larva


4) Build Drone behaves like select larva, where the indication of the command happens reliably fast, while the execution of the command varies and can be slow.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 35m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko249
LamboSC2 71
Codebar 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24288
Calm 5582
Rain 2229
Bisu 1266
FanTaSy 780
Jaedong 530
Horang2 375
Soma 361
Stork 262
BeSt 253
[ Show more ]
Zeus 224
Rush 179
Larva 163
Mini 138
Light 135
Mong 92
Hyun 88
Pusan 85
Mind 74
ZerO 69
Snow 69
Barracks 66
910 59
ToSsGirL 43
Free 39
Killer 32
Yoon 31
Shinee 31
NaDa 30
Sexy 28
Hm[arnc] 22
Noble 16
sorry 14
Terrorterran 14
sSak 13
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5643
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1123
byalli1107
fl0m658
shoxiejesuss624
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King75
Other Games
gofns53099
singsing1782
B2W.Neo478
dupreeh349
crisheroes283
ZerO(Twitch)4
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 0
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 12
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2314
Other Games
• WagamamaTV150
Upcoming Events
OSC
11h 35m
Big Brain Bouts
22h 35m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.