• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:08
CEST 00:08
KST 07:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9251 users

BW Head Coaches on SC2 - Page 31

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 61 Next
419
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Russian Federation3632 Posts
April 21 2012 03:10 GMT
#601
:'(

goodbye my love
?
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-21 03:15:15
April 21 2012 03:14 GMT
#602
On April 21 2012 11:53 Ksquared wrote:
I just hope that SC2 becomes just as good as BW in the future.


I've been hoping for a long time but Dustin Browder and his mindset is just seeming to be doing terrible terrible damge to the franchise right now...

We'll just have to keep hoping I guess..

STX Coach Lee: I think Blizzard named their new game very well. If the name of SC2 wasn’t “StarCraft 2”, I’m quite certain we wouldn’t even need to have this talk right now.

Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
rabidch
Profile Joined January 2010
United States20289 Posts
April 21 2012 03:20 GMT
#603
On April 21 2012 12:14 JieXian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 11:53 Ksquared wrote:
I just hope that SC2 becomes just as good as BW in the future.


I've been hoping for a long time but Dustin Browder and his mindset is just seeming to be doing terrible terrible damge to the franchise right now...

We'll just have to keep hoping I guess..

Show nested quote +
STX Coach Lee: I think Blizzard named their new game very well. If the name of SC2 wasn’t “StarCraft 2”, I’m quite certain we wouldn’t even need to have this talk right now.


a lot of bw fans have been hoping... dustin browder sigh >_<. lets hope hots is better
LiquidDota StaffOnly a true king can play the King.
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
April 21 2012 03:25 GMT
#604
On April 21 2012 12:20 rabidch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 12:14 JieXian wrote:
On April 21 2012 11:53 Ksquared wrote:
I just hope that SC2 becomes just as good as BW in the future.


I've been hoping for a long time but Dustin Browder and his mindset is just seeming to be doing terrible terrible damge to the franchise right now...

We'll just have to keep hoping I guess..

STX Coach Lee: I think Blizzard named their new game very well. If the name of SC2 wasn’t “StarCraft 2”, I’m quite certain we wouldn’t even need to have this talk right now.


a lot of bw fans have been hoping... dustin browder sigh >_<. lets hope hots is better


SC2 will never satisfy BW fans, but the consensus at least is that HotS is a step in a right direction, particularly the Viper (a defiler rip-off) and the Oracle (which is awesome). 6m1hyg is showing some promise. You need around 90 APM to play SC2 at a level of basic competence (I have 90, and I'm high platinum), HotS and 6m1hyg probably kick that up to maybe around a 140-150 minimum APM. Which is still pretty shy of BW, but at least it's better than WoL
unteqair
Profile Joined November 2011
United States308 Posts
April 21 2012 03:30 GMT
#605
What's dead may never die!
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
April 21 2012 03:42 GMT
#606
On April 21 2012 09:49 Rainfall7711 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 09:45 GenesisX wrote:
lol flash masters league without knowing what units did -.-

Haha, got to love how you and everyone else who actually believes he didn't know what basically every unit did after 5-10 matches. I mean it's hard to even believe he had ZERO idea of what like 10 units did. He knew exactly what they did very very fast, stop being so naive.


I think, and this is my guess, that Flash didn't really "study" what the units do. i.e. which unit counters which unit, how damage properly works exactly, etc. But then again, with Flash's macro, just making marine/medivac/tanks(similar to BW bio) or hellion/tanks/thors(similar to BW mech) would probably wipe the floor against most players.
Meh
MavercK
Profile Joined March 2010
Australia2181 Posts
April 21 2012 03:44 GMT
#607
i think im gonna be sick.
Brood War Remake - SC2BW - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=145316
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
April 21 2012 03:51 GMT
#608
On April 21 2012 12:25 Ribbon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 12:20 rabidch wrote:
On April 21 2012 12:14 JieXian wrote:
On April 21 2012 11:53 Ksquared wrote:
I just hope that SC2 becomes just as good as BW in the future.


I've been hoping for a long time but Dustin Browder and his mindset is just seeming to be doing terrible terrible damge to the franchise right now...

We'll just have to keep hoping I guess..

STX Coach Lee: I think Blizzard named their new game very well. If the name of SC2 wasn’t “StarCraft 2”, I’m quite certain we wouldn’t even need to have this talk right now.


a lot of bw fans have been hoping... dustin browder sigh >_<. lets hope hots is better


SC2 will never satisfy BW fans, but the consensus at least is that HotS is a step in a right direction, particularly the Viper (a defiler rip-off) and the Oracle (which is awesome). 6m1hyg is showing some promise. You need around 90 APM to play SC2 at a level of basic competence (I have 90, and I'm high platinum), HotS and 6m1hyg probably kick that up to maybe around a 140-150 minimum APM. Which is still pretty shy of BW, but at least it's better than WoL

I had <100 in GM SC2, stop thinking apm matters in this game. 140-150 is enough to play BW competently, particularly with protoss.
Yhamm is the god of predictions
sluggaslamoo
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Australia4494 Posts
April 21 2012 04:04 GMT
#609
On April 21 2012 12:25 Ribbon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 12:20 rabidch wrote:
On April 21 2012 12:14 JieXian wrote:
On April 21 2012 11:53 Ksquared wrote:
I just hope that SC2 becomes just as good as BW in the future.


I've been hoping for a long time but Dustin Browder and his mindset is just seeming to be doing terrible terrible damge to the franchise right now...

We'll just have to keep hoping I guess..

STX Coach Lee: I think Blizzard named their new game very well. If the name of SC2 wasn’t “StarCraft 2”, I’m quite certain we wouldn’t even need to have this talk right now.


a lot of bw fans have been hoping... dustin browder sigh >_<. lets hope hots is better


SC2 will never satisfy BW fans, but the consensus at least is that HotS is a step in a right direction, particularly the Viper (a defiler rip-off) and the Oracle (which is awesome). 6m1hyg is showing some promise. You need around 90 APM to play SC2 at a level of basic competence (I have 90, and I'm high platinum), HotS and 6m1hyg probably kick that up to maybe around a 140-150 minimum APM. Which is still pretty shy of BW, but at least it's better than WoL


The problem is APM has a lot less to do with mechanics though. Getting 150 APM in SC2 is a lot easier than 150 APM in BW because each action takes a lot more effort to do. You have to switch screen, you have to make sure nothing got in the way when you made an scv build that vital armory, if you build workers the progamer way you will be using F-keys every time, these don't classify as actions.
Come play Android Netrunner - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409008
SkimGuy
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada709 Posts
April 21 2012 04:07 GMT
#610
On April 21 2012 10:36 Torpedo.Vegas wrote:
Is there a BitByBit BW pro to watch out for?

Kwanro but he retired
below66
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1761 Posts
April 21 2012 04:14 GMT
#611
It's surprising to see how many BW die-hards actually held some hope for this not to happen, really puts into perspective not their unwillingness to put their bias aside and open their eyes to reality, but their passion for a game they loved for 10+ years.
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
April 21 2012 04:16 GMT
#612
On April 21 2012 13:14 below66 wrote:
It's surprising to see how many BW die-hards actually held some hope for this not to happen, really puts into perspective not their unwillingness to put their bias aside and open their eyes to reality, but their passion for a game they loved for 10+ years.

Open our eyes to what? It's as STX coach said. Blizzard did a great job naming their new game.
c3rberUs
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Japan11821 Posts
April 21 2012 04:25 GMT
#613
I don't know what things were lost in translation but it seems to me that the coaches wish for broodwar to continue, but the times are changing, and they(esports people in general) failed to make BW succeed further (globalization, better infrastructure) and communication with fans was ignored a bit.

The closing of MBCgame definitely hit them hard as well.
WriterMovie, 진영화 : "StarCraft will never die".
PlosionCornu
Profile Joined August 2010
Italy814 Posts
April 21 2012 04:56 GMT
#614
On April 21 2012 12:14 JieXian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 11:53 Ksquared wrote:
I just hope that SC2 becomes just as good as BW in the future.


I've been hoping for a long time but Dustin Browder and his mindset is just seeming to be doing terrible terrible damge to the franchise right now...

We'll just have to keep hoping I guess..

Show nested quote +
STX Coach Lee: I think Blizzard named their new game very well. If the name of SC2 wasn’t “StarCraft 2”, I’m quite certain we wouldn’t even need to have this talk right now.



Funnily enough, he did create the best competitive C&C though (generals).
We might've had to deal with the guy who made c&c4, think about that.
Percutio
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1672 Posts
April 21 2012 05:06 GMT
#615
On April 21 2012 12:14 JieXian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 11:53 Ksquared wrote:
I just hope that SC2 becomes just as good as BW in the future.


I've been hoping for a long time but Dustin Browder and his mindset is just seeming to be doing terrible terrible damge to the franchise right now...

We'll just have to keep hoping I guess..

Show nested quote +
STX Coach Lee: I think Blizzard named their new game very well. If the name of SC2 wasn’t “StarCraft 2”, I’m quite certain we wouldn’t even need to have this talk right now.


Coach Lee... So brutally true.
What does it matter how I loose it?
Dante08
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Singapore4189 Posts
April 21 2012 05:13 GMT
#616
On April 21 2012 13:16 ShadeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 13:14 below66 wrote:
It's surprising to see how many BW die-hards actually held some hope for this not to happen, really puts into perspective not their unwillingness to put their bias aside and open their eyes to reality, but their passion for a game they loved for 10+ years.

Open our eyes to what? It's as STX coach said. Blizzard did a great job naming their new game.


SC2 is only being introduced cause its new and has a strong foreign scene. And I think the what the STX coach said is absolutely right lol.
sluggaslamoo
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Australia4494 Posts
April 21 2012 05:14 GMT
#617
On April 21 2012 13:07 SkimGuy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2012 10:36 Torpedo.Vegas wrote:
Is there a BitByBit BW pro to watch out for?

Kwanro but he retired


Pikachu

Pretty sure Flash will be the new BitByBit. Except the cheeses would be calculated to perfection with no chance of defending it.
Come play Android Netrunner - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409008
Anomarad
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada565 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-21 05:17:18
April 21 2012 05:17 GMT
#618
So when are we switching to Warcraft IV next?

This sucks.
TheAngelofDeath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2033 Posts
April 21 2012 05:36 GMT
#619
I don't want BW to die....
"Infestors are the suck" - LzGamer
Enhancer_
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada320 Posts
April 21 2012 05:47 GMT
#620
It's concerning to see how little they speak of GSL and the actual current SC2 scene. It's as if they think it's a completely clean slate for them to work with, when, in reality, the game has been released for two years and has a scene that's established pretty well with zero involvement from them. I can see this kind of thinking leading to some very poor decisions.

Will the splash they make on the scene with their eventual switch really be as great as they think it is?
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 61 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech147
SpeCial 95
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 320
MaD[AoV]31
910 26
Bale 13
League of Legends
JimRising 482
Counter-Strike
fl0m4303
Fnx 603
minikerr8
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox502
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4210
Liquid`Hasu553
Other Games
summit1g6211
FrodaN628
C9.Mang0230
Trikslyr12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV251
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream16
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• davetesta0
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21473
Other Games
• Shiphtur789
• imaqtpie782
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 52m
Patches Events
17h 52m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.