Signups are now closed.
Play Fantasy Proleague! It's fun, easy, and makes watching Proleague much more exciting. If you don't fully understand the rules, don't worry. The basic thing to remember is: pick players for your "Main Team" that you think will do well, and pick players for your "Anti Team" who you think will do poorly.
We're kicking it old school this round, since the fancy version is undergoing changes and won't be ready until round three. The rules and scoring have been simplified accordingly, please make sure you read all of it. Scoring will be done by hand and updated at the end of each week.
How to Play
- You choose 6 players and 1 Pro Team that score points when they play well.
- You pick 3 players that lose you points when they play well.
- UPDATE: There WILL be trading this round! Thanks pschiu. I will link the thread here when it is created.
- Pick 6 players for your Main Team, including a captain who will be a tiebreaker. Captains are not tradeable!
- Pick 1 Proleague team (e.g. STX, Hite, SKT)
- Your 6 players and 1 Proleague team cannot exceed 30 points in cost
- Your Main Team must contain at least one of each race
- Pick 3 players for your Anti-Team
- These players will score points just like Main Team players, but their score counts against you
- Your Anti-Team must have a value of at least 13 points (minimum)
Game Win: 4 Points
Game Loss: -1 Point
Ace Match appearance: 1 point
4-0 Victory: 6 Points
4-1 Victory: 4 Points
4-2 Victory: 3 Points
4-3 Victory: 2 Points
3-4 Defeat: 1 Point
2-4 Defeat: 0 Points
1-4 Defeat: -1 Points
0-4 Defeat: -2 Points
- You may make two trades per week from your main team, and one trade per week on your anti-team.
- Trades will cost one point per traded player.
- No trading up. The total adjusted trade value must remain even or decrease.
- You may use any differential you gain or lose in trading any player for any trade you would like to make that week, as long as your total adjusted trade value remains the same or decreases. This means it is now possible to trade one expensive player and one cheap player for two medium-cost players.
- You may use any remaining differential from your main team on your anti-team and vice versa.
If you trade A and B on main team and C on anti-team for D and E on main team and F on anti team, A+B-C must be >= D+E-F.
- You must post your trades in this thread and in the format indicated and by the deadline indicated or your trades will not be included.
- The trade value formula is detailed in the spoiler below. There is a new formula. If it doesn't make sense, don't worry about it, I'll be calculating it for you.
+ Show Spoiler [Trade Value formula] +
There is a new trade value formula this round where a player's trade value is based on their expected point output as indicated by their cost. This is essentially a progressive tax that mitigates the win-rate disparity between the best and the worst players -- wins do not affect expensive players as much, and losses do not affect cheaper players as much.
After every week trade value will become the new C, so costs will be compounded weekly.
If this doesn't make sense, don't worry about it, I'll be calculating it for you.
Trade Value = ((P/(3+(C/10)/9))/M) * (M/9) + (C*(9 - M)/9)
P = Player's points.
M = number of matches played.
C = Player's original cost
3 + (C/10) is the average points per cost each player is expected to earn over the round.
9 is the total number of matches each team plays in a round.
This formula figures out what a player's point cost would be given their current performance and their original cost. (ie someone scoring 4 points per match with an original cost of 10 would have a cost of 10) This is then weighted with their original cost; the weights are the percentage of games played for the "new" cost and percentage of games left for the original cost.
Adjusted trade value = Trade value * # of matches left.
There WILL be trades this round. Thanks to pschiu for the help.
+ Show Spoiler [Old update] +
I'm trying to figure out a good system for trading that wouldn't require me to track everyone's team individually week-by-week, since I don't really want to mess with setting up a database. If you have good ideas for a trade system, let me know. Currently I'm thinking about having some formula where players are ranked 1 through 90 (or however many), and where you could trade for players ranked the same or lower -- but where trades would be retroactive and you would lose all the points from the traded player and gain all the points from the acquired player. This type of trade would be basically like you selected an entirely different player at the beginning of the round.
Constructive feedback and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated, about any aspect of FPL R2! Please don't hesitate to contribute.