• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:43
CEST 17:43
KST 00:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8285 users

aLive, "I want to resolve this issue"

Forum Index > SC2 General
424 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 20 21 22 Next All
By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach. ~Winston Churchill
Smix *
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States4549 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-22 16:29:54
January 18 2012 16:15 GMT
#1
SPOILERS for GSL Ro32 Group G matches are in this interview!

(T)aLive, "I want to resolve this issue"
Though I acknowledge my faults, the article that was released was regrettable


[image loading]


(T)aLive (now teamless) successfully advanced to the Round of 16 of Code S.

On the 18th, (T)aLive got 2nd place in Hot6ix GSL Season 1's Code S Round of 32 in Group G. After defeating (P)Brown in his first match, (T)aLive lost to (T)MarineKing in the winners match but was able to defeat (T)Happy in the final match to qualify for the Round of 16.

How do you feel on making it to the Ro16 for CodeS?

Making it to the Ro16 is especially meaningful this time. Though this situation is difficult (t/n: TSL drama), because luck was on my side I was able to advance. I’m hoping that if my results are good, the outpour of negative attention I’m getting right now will change for the better.

You’re currently teamless. Was it particularly difficult in preparing for the matches today?

Saying that practice was hard would just be an excuse. But realistically speaking, it wasn’t easy. I did a lot of mental preparation for the games today. I played about 5 games on ladder per day, and additionally had some practice with other players I know.

Today an article related to your former team was released. What are your thoughts on that article?

It’s true that I acted incorrectly in the beginning. I definitely acknowledged it and Coach Lee also said he would understand. But he said he must definitely receive compensation. I contacted him on Sunday and he said he had told the reporters he had received the transfer fee and things had ended well and to not worry. That’s as far as I knew, but when I saw the article today on the day of my matches, I was really taken aback (t/n: referring to this). I think he was just saying through words that he understood, but didn’t mean it.

What exactly are the things that you think you did wrong?

The talks about a double contract is an exaggeration. I am not under contract yet. Last Sunday, I received an offer from a hyung that works as a Fnatic translator that said that they wanted me. I said I wanted to talk to the Fnatic manager on Monday, and I talked about more details with the translator hyung. After that, Coach Lee said he wanted to talk to me. He had printed out my conversation with the Fnatic manager. That skype conversation was logged on my computer, and I’m curious as to how he got access to it. But still, I knew that I had fault in this so I acknowledged those parts and I asked for his understanding and apologized.

What are the specific parts that you think you did wrong?

Getting in touch with Fnatic without first talking to Coach Lee was my wrongdoing. In terms of moving teams, my original plan was to leave TSL first, then in my teamless state join Fnatic. But Coach Lee found out earlier than I planned and was upset. So I acknowledged my fault to Coach Lee and I was ready to bear whatever came afterward. From the past, many TSL players have left, and at the time we did have contracts but they were just for show. Before (T)PuMa hyung’s situation, there were no contracts. Coach Lee also said when (T)Clide and (P)JYP hyung left that if I was still unhappy, I could leave too. I was going to leave at that time but because of personal issues, I said I would stay in the team a bit longer, but just physically, not as an active teammate. I thought that Coach Lee had accepted it at the time but I guess that wasn’t the case.

So you’re saying that by the time you talked to the Fnatic manager, you had already made up your mind to leave?

When (P)SangHo and (T)Clide hyung left, (P)JYP hyung and I also said we were going to leave. I thought it wouldn’t be good to stay any longer so I wanted to leave, and I also had a good offer.

How long was your contract with TSL supposed to last?

Until July of this year.

Despite that, what is the reason that you felt you needed to leave the team?

Other teammates left, and my image of the team was also not great. There was also a selfish aspect. I thought that the longer I stayed in TSL, it wouldn’t be of benefit to me. That’s why I made the decisive statement that I would leave the team.

But still, a contract requires mutual agreement from both sides. Was that part of the argument never discussed?

I found out Coach Lee went and talked to Fnatic first. Because he found out before I meant to tell him, I didn’t have a chance to talk about that. Before that, I had told Coach Lee that there was something I wanted to talk to him about. In that aspect, it’s true that I am at fault. I didn’t follow through with what the contract asked. I was being young and thoughtless. If people say that I was blinded by money, I wouldn’t be able to say otherwise.

Because this is still concerns a contract, talks of a fee of breach of contract can’t be avoided. Is there a clause concerning this in the contract?

There is. I think that’s why he means to get the penalty fee from me. I was under the idea that an article talking about how he would receive a transfer fee would be released, and even if I paid a penalty fee, he said let’s make sure we release positive articles about each other. But upon reading the article that was released today that talked about penalty fees and double contracts, I was really baffled.

Even then, it seems that you've currently left the team without permission. If you do have to pay a penalty fee, how much would that sum be?

I believe it is around 10,000,000 won.

Did Fnatic say they would pay for that penalty fee?

I’m not exactly sure but I believe they said they would announce the penalty fee as the transfer fee.

How are your contract talks with Fnatic going?

No matter how this situation progresses, it needs to end first before I can get a contract. That’s what I personally believe. We have made fair progress in discussions though.

A contract is still a contract though.

It’s because I didn’t think it was good to stay even after thinking about it a lot that I decided to leave. Even if I have to use my own money I said I would pay the fee for breach of contract. I was going to take care of it with my own money as well as the money Fnatic offered. But I was so surprised when talks of a double contract exploded first.

Let us know clearly what your plans are now.

Worst comes to worst, just as Coach Lee said in his article, I am thinking about taking this to the law. But if possible, I want to end this on as much of a good note as possible. Unfortunately the situation has already worsened so much. I just want to pay the penalty fee and get it over with.

Isn’t there a possibility that Fnatic won’t pick you up?

There is that chance. However, Fnatic was also a big part of this situation. I really hope it doesn’t pan out that way. It’s because I was sure Fnatic was going to take me as a player that I am enduring this situation right now.

Fnatic is a foreign team. Don’t you think there can be some issues with an interpretor working in the middle?

Of course I’ve thought of that. It’s also because of money that I left. However, even if that’s the case it can’t be helped. I’ll have to deal with it.

Is there anything else you want to say about this situation?

I definitely acknowledge that there were things I did wrong. However, the content of the article that was released today was really baffling. But still, I don’t want to end things on a bad note. I hope the fans won’t criticize me too harshly because of this. I hope they can look at me more favorably. Though my wrongdoing snowballed into this situation, I hope the fans can think about the perspectives of players and coaches as well.

Did you have time to think about your goals for this season/this year?

I didn’t really have time. This season, just like last season I want to be able to make it to the Ro8 quarterfinals. The most important thing right now is this current ordeal. I want to have it resolved as soon as possible. The group selections take place the day after tomorrow but before that I want to focus on this matter so it can be resolved first.

Source: Thisisgame
Facebook Twitter Reddit
TranslatorBe an Optimist Prime, Not a Negatron // twitter @smixity
Firesilver
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom1190 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-18 16:21:53
January 18 2012 16:18 GMT
#2
Wow, this is changing by the hour.. I feel like all parties have to take some blame for this but I hope aLive comes out ok.
Caster at IMBA.tv -- www.twitter.com/IMBAFiresilver -- www.youtube.com/FiresilverTV
Jakkerr
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands2549 Posts
January 18 2012 16:21 GMT
#3
Fnatic should just pay and sign alive now.
Only right thing to do IMO.
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
January 18 2012 16:23 GMT
#4
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

SPOILER TAG MAYBE

FML t.t
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
aintz
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada5624 Posts
January 18 2012 16:23 GMT
#5
tsl and all the drama. gl to alive.
pStar
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
996 Posts
January 18 2012 16:24 GMT
#6
Coach Lee got a skype convo off his computer.

He could get in huge trouble for that. Like, court trouble.
TheSilverfox
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden1928 Posts
January 18 2012 16:25 GMT
#7
Wow, Alive pretty much confirms the things he did wrong about this as well as Fnatic.

The penalty fee is no small sum as well, it's 8760 USD. For many Korean SC2 player that is a lot of money to pay.
Also known as Joinsimon on Twitter/Reddit
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
January 18 2012 16:27 GMT
#8
From these stories, the blame has to lie on Alive and the translator for Fnatic who went over his head trying to poach a player who was under contract for six more months. In the end, Fnatic will sign Alive, and TSL will be left with another gaping hole. Now is the time to see if Polt and Hyun will stand behind Lee or leave as well since I don't think either would have trouble at all finding a new team.
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
Seiniyta
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium1815 Posts
January 18 2012 16:28 GMT
#9
I have to say that reading how Coach Lee handled it I can't blame Alive to leave. I'm not sure I would want to be in a team with that kind of coach.
Pokemon Master
Wockets
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Hong Kong467 Posts
January 18 2012 16:29 GMT
#10
Wooh I hope the situation doesn't worsen - all the best for both sides.
aLive seemed pretty honest with his answers, I knew there had to be something fishy going on, glad he acknowledged it.
Thanks for the translation Smix!
PresenceSc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4032 Posts
January 18 2012 16:29 GMT
#11
Coach lee found a skype conversation on alive's computer and printed it out? wtf?
Stephano//HerO//TaeJa//Squirtle//Bomber
willy001
Profile Joined March 2011
United States89 Posts
January 18 2012 16:30 GMT
#12
well as far as im seeing, i suppose rain will now have a practice partner on fnatic.

go aLive!
NuclearJudas
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
6546 Posts
January 18 2012 16:30 GMT
#13
On January 19 2012 01:27 Fionn wrote:
From these stories, the blame has to lie on Alive and the translator for Fnatic who went over his head trying to poach a player who was under contract for six more months. In the end, Fnatic will sign Alive, and TSL will be left with another gaping hole. Now is the time to see if Polt and Hyun will stand behind Lee or leave as well since I don't think either would have trouble at all finding a new team.

I agree 100%. Will be interesting to see what happens after this.
Life is like Tetris. Your errors pile up but your accomplishments disappear. - Robert Ohlén | http://railroaddiary.wordpress.com/ - My words about stuff.
EvOr
Profile Joined July 2011
France48 Posts
January 18 2012 16:30 GMT
#14
On January 19 2012 01:27 Fionn wrote:
From these stories, the blame has to lie on Alive and the translator for Fnatic who went over his head trying to poach a player who was under contract for six more months. In the end, Fnatic will sign Alive, and TSL will be left with another gaping hole. Now is the time to see if Polt and Hyun will stand behind Lee or leave as well since I don't think either would have trouble at all finding a new team.


Do you know korean laws in terms of employees digital rights ? In France, you can't access chat logs on employees' machines without warning them first in some sort of official documents. If korean have the same kind of laws, the fee will not be paid.
hyperknight
Profile Joined May 2011
294 Posts
January 18 2012 16:31 GMT
#15
FNATIC GO GET ALIVE NAO!
"you 6poll?" - aLive to IdrA on NASL Sunday Showmatch, Feb 2012
Eee
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden2712 Posts
January 18 2012 16:31 GMT
#16
On January 19 2012 01:27 Fionn wrote:
From these stories, the blame has to lie on Alive and the translator for Fnatic who went over his head trying to poach a player who was under contract for six more months. In the end, Fnatic will sign Alive, and TSL will be left with another gaping hole. Now is the time to see if Polt and Hyun will stand behind Lee or leave as well since I don't think either would have trouble at all finding a new team.

TL really needs somekind of "like" or "upvote" button, but yes i agree
Amestir
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Netherlands2126 Posts
January 18 2012 16:32 GMT
#17
So if I read this right TSL is basicly dead since Clyde and JYP left. I mean Alive was only on TSL for show for the past months.
We know nothing.
Louis8k8
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada285 Posts
January 18 2012 16:32 GMT
#18
NOO aLive! o why and how did this happen

Now teamless too. How come? Fnatic doesn't want him anymore?
Jackle
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada859 Posts
January 18 2012 16:32 GMT
#19
Although Coach Lee overreacted and went to the Korean press too early, isn't this the same situation with Puma, a foreign team contacted the player first before talking with management.
You called down the thunder, now reap the whirlwind.
itiswhatitis
Profile Joined February 2011
United States136 Posts
January 18 2012 16:33 GMT
#20
After that, Coach Lee said he wanted to talk to me. He had printed out my conversation with the Fnatic manager. That skype conversation was logged on my computer, and I’m curious as to how he got access to it.


This right here added to my established stance that Coach Lee is a creepy weirdo.
"The bad artists imitate. The great artists steal." -itiswhatitis
1 2 3 4 5 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 503
BRAT_OK 49
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 30717
Bisu 2666
Shuttle 1601
Hyuk 1083
EffOrt 845
Mini 729
Soma 412
Larva 406
ZerO 242
firebathero 234
[ Show more ]
hero 139
Sexy 57
Hyun 47
Mong 43
Pusan 37
PianO 36
Trap 36
Killer 33
ToSsGirL 30
Aegong 23
Hm[arnc] 17
sorry 16
Terrorterran 16
zelot 16
Rock 13
JulyZerg 13
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
Bale 1
Dota 2
Gorgc9166
qojqva1744
Dendi870
Counter-Strike
fl0m3150
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1368
crisheroes1051
Liquid`Hasu569
Other Games
singsing2054
B2W.Neo1035
Beastyqt662
Mlord326
Hui .230
Livibee197
Liquid`VortiX141
ArmadaUGS118
KnowMe106
elazer81
Mew2King73
CosmosSc2 16
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 56
• StrangeGG 32
• mYiSmile120
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7693
League of Legends
• Jankos1730
Other Games
• WagamamaTV215
• Shiphtur211
Upcoming Events
FEL
18m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 18m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 18m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 18m
INu's Battles
20h 18m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.