• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:30
CEST 02:30
KST 09:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8972 users

I don't understand why I keep losing.

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Odds
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada1188 Posts
June 26 2011 21:19 GMT
#1
This isn't a QQ thread, or an "I'm stuck in elo hell plz carry me out" thread.

I'm asking for help.

Long story short, I keep losing, and have no idea why. I queue up ranked, pick a hero to help team (most people don't like jungling, so I'll typically do that), typically have a strong early game, ward, counter-ward, gank, etc- and end with a good score and feel like I helped my team.

I don't *feel* like I'm playing any different than 5 months ago before I took my hiatus- I was hovering pretty consistently around 1750 elo. Now I just .... lose.

If there's anyone better who wouldn't mind playing some games with me, normal, ranked, whatever- to try and diagnose what the hell I'm doing wrong, I'd really appreciate it. Right now I'm just frustrated because it feels like I'm just getting trolled by my team every game, but there has to be something I"m doing wrong. =|
Odds.633, AM. Plat level currently. Would love more practice partners, add me, let's play!
Cedstick
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada3336 Posts
June 26 2011 21:22 GMT
#2
Download LoL Replays and upload some of your problematic games.
"What does Rivington do when he's not commentating?" "Drool." ~ Categorist
Hynda
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden2226 Posts
June 26 2011 21:25 GMT
#3
It's probably your attitude tbh. I'm not sayin it's bad, but to rise in solo queue you need a ego the size of a small planet. You have to actually believe that you can win 5 vs 1. Most people hit a wall at a certain elo and recovering from that wall can take alot of time. The skillcap in this game is fairly low, I don't believe that knowledge is what makes you win games at that level because you will out-knowledge anyone and everyone untill at least 2.1k and even then those that do are few and far between.

The moment you stop believing that you alone can turn 4 idiots into a winning team is the moment your ELO will crash.
Odds
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada1188 Posts
June 26 2011 21:27 GMT
#4
Alright, I'll upload this next one -- currently playing. I'll try and keep that in mind Hynda, I think you're right.
Odds.633, AM. Plat level currently. Would love more practice partners, add me, let's play!
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
June 26 2011 21:38 GMT
#5
The key to winning solo ranked is being a good leader. You have to tell all the idiots on the team when to back because they're over extending. Know when you can take a baron or dragon or a tower because the other team is out of position to stop you. These small advantages snowball into winning a huge teamfight and getting further ahead. Years of RTS play should really help with your minimap awareness. You want to know where everybody is on your team and theirs and direct them through in game chat to victory.

That and realizing you're going to lose games. If you strive for perfection you're just gonna make yourself extremely unhappy because it's just not possible to be that good. You're going to have games where your carry doesn't know what last hitting is and has 1cs/min. You're probably going to lose those games as well. Kindly explain how to play the game properly while you get your ass handed to you to make yourself feel better.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
June 26 2011 21:38 GMT
#6
I find playing random ass champions helps. Jungle morde is always a good pick, because he is just so incredibly op. I had a counterjungle ap shaco who went 9-2 last night. You think he worries about elementz' tier list? No. He plays what he wants because he knows how to do it.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Odds
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada1188 Posts
June 26 2011 22:10 GMT
#7
On June 27 2011 06:38 Two_DoWn wrote:
Jungle morde is always a good pick, because he is just so incredibly op.

I was just about to say, the jungle morde is a pretty normal thing for me- I played it when I was around 1750, so I know the pick has nothing to do with my current loss streak.

Anyway, what's the best place to upload replays?

Also, I'm basically really ashamed of the last game I played. It was garbage, and a terrible example of what I'm talking about. In addition my build was terrible, looking at trying something different this time.
Odds.633, AM. Plat level currently. Would love more practice partners, add me, let's play!
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
June 26 2011 22:12 GMT
#8
I'll see if I can get my friends 1450 account and duo queue with you.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
Odds
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada1188 Posts
June 26 2011 22:19 GMT
#9
On June 27 2011 07:12 HazMat wrote:
I'll see if I can get my friends 1450 account and duo queue with you.

I'll be on again in about 5.5 hours if you'll be around then.
Odds.633, AM. Plat level currently. Would love more practice partners, add me, let's play!
dnastyx
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States2707 Posts
June 26 2011 22:21 GMT
#10
On June 27 2011 07:12 HazMat wrote:
I'll see if I can get my friends 1450 account and duo queue with you.


You could just use TheHazMat or DNA Styx. You should re-elo that anyway
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
June 26 2011 22:24 GMT
#11
If your problem was mechanics, you'd probably know that yourself. You also know how to fix it.

If your problem is abusing advantages: Push when your ranged DPS finishes IE, when your AP finishes Deathcap, abuse strong phases of certain champs (lvl 9 Ashe, lvl 6/11/16 casters etc). There's lots of stuff that would fit here.

If your problem is team coordination: Be talkative, but do not enrage your allies. This is pretty damn hard to do because you get matched with 4 random people and you have to figure out how to deal with them within the first couple of minutes but you can't mess up or else they will rage and you don't get a second chance. No idea how you learn this type of thing though aside from practice.

Take a short break after each loss.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
June 26 2011 23:53 GMT
#12
Also maybe everyone else got better

because they did
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
Attakijing
Profile Joined June 2011
United States693 Posts
June 27 2011 00:12 GMT
#13
It might make people less careful when they see that you're on their team, now that you are even more famous.
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
June 27 2011 00:35 GMT
#14
You took a long break and then came back and started losing.. my logic tells me that everyone else simply got better while you were gone.
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 27 2011 00:46 GMT
#15
On June 27 2011 08:53 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Also maybe everyone else got better

because they did


I'm going to agree with 5HIT here; as the game gets older, eventually as a whole, the community learns and knows more about the game from the wealth of information out there.

Much like BW...when I first started it back in the late 90s I could win games....take a break for 10 years and what happens?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
unichan
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States4223 Posts
June 27 2011 01:26 GMT
#16
On June 27 2011 09:46 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2011 08:53 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Also maybe everyone else got better

because they did


I'm going to agree with 5HIT here; as the game gets older, eventually as a whole, the community learns and knows more about the game from the wealth of information out there.

Much like BW...when I first started it back in the late 90s I could win games....take a break for 10 years and what happens?

what happened was unichan was born
:)
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 27 2011 02:08 GMT
#17
On June 27 2011 10:26 unichan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2011 09:46 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 27 2011 08:53 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Also maybe everyone else got better

because they did


I'm going to agree with 5HIT here; as the game gets older, eventually as a whole, the community learns and knows more about the game from the wealth of information out there.

Much like BW...when I first started it back in the late 90s I could win games....take a break for 10 years and what happens?

what happened was unichan was born

In the late 90s?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
June 27 2011 02:21 GMT
#18
Unichan is 12. So late 90's is right before she was born, depending on your definition of late.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Odds
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada1188 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-27 06:20:57
June 27 2011 05:03 GMT
#19
Okay I'm on but chat is down so basically fuck



Edit:Yup just got trolled again 2 games in a row

New elo: 1507. I'm going to have to play like jiji to get out of this I think :X

edit edit: sorry, I lied

3 games in a row. 1495
Odds.633, AM. Plat level currently. Would love more practice partners, add me, let's play!
cascades
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Singapore6122 Posts
June 27 2011 06:41 GMT
#20
Well there are also more trolls around because they think s2 is around the corner. Well trolls even out eventually, so take it in stride.
HS: cascades#1595 || LoL: stoppin
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2310
Artosis 666
White-Ra 114
910 45
Dota 2
monkeys_forever565
NeuroSwarm187
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv289
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe128
Other Games
summit1g8482
shahzam584
JimRising 495
C9.Mang0309
ArmadaUGS74
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick766
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream323
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• davetesta16
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 30m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 30m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 30m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.