• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:37
CEST 04:37
KST 11:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9308 users

I don't understand why I keep losing. - Page 3

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
June 27 2011 17:59 GMT
#41
On June 28 2011 02:47 Two_DoWn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2011 02:44 gtrsrs wrote:
i have never seen fiddle picked or banned in any tourney-level game i've ever played, so i'm going to say "hm, no" to that

unless you're being sarcastic in which case touche sir

What I've picked up on since the patch by watchin streams and such I've seen a lot of fidds bans and Saint qqing to Classick about fidds.

Are you sure those bans aren't targeted bans when people know Reidan is on the other team?
Moderator
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
June 27 2011 18:01 GMT
#42
Didn't seem to be, and even if it was, I wouldnt expect saint to be qqing to classik because of 1 player.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-27 19:27:22
June 27 2011 19:24 GMT
#43
Fiddle is strong, gtr is just being ignorant as usual. Also, Solo queue is NOT a coinflip.
People need to accept the fact that they're not as good as they are and stop crying.

Just look at the welfare thread. I'm an 1800 Elo player so I have no problem winning at 1500 Elo. Theres no fucking luck in there, I just play better than everyone else and win.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
June 27 2011 19:28 GMT
#44
Fiddle is super strong, he's just tricky (melee-range squishy caster) and relies a lot on positioning and over-pursuit by the opponent, as I feel his greatest strength is to force the other team into an anti-kite chase into Ashe or something only to get faceplanted with a Fiddle ult. The issue is that this requires a kiting team (as he's not as good at pushing into people, similar to Cait) and that it requires good positioning from your team too, hence my calling him a "backseat hero" where he tends to clinch fights as opposed to win them "straight-up."
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
HyperionDreamer
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Canada1528 Posts
June 27 2011 19:34 GMT
#45
On June 27 2011 06:38 Two_DoWn wrote:
I find playing random ass champions helps. Jungle morde is always a good pick, because he is just so incredibly op. I had a counterjungle ap shaco who went 9-2 last night. You think he worries about elementz' tier list? No. He plays what he wants because he knows how to do it.

What do you build on jungle morde?

I feel that in solo queue that you have to essentially have to lead your team with your knowledge. There are a lot of players that are pretty bad with minimap awareness, warding, builds, and just general play, but you can lead a team through chat if you're not a dick to people. I come across that way too much imo since a lot of people at my level build carry AP sona or AD janna (I have actually seen people try both of these things), and I have no problems telling people that "your build is bad, do XYZ instead" - most people aren't willing to change.

BW4life! Jaedong ~ Savior ~ Shine ; "drowning sorrows in late night infomercials" - bnYsooch
Niton
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2395 Posts
June 27 2011 19:42 GMT
#46
On June 28 2011 04:24 HazMat wrote:
Fiddle is strong, gtr is just being ignorant as usual. Also, Solo queue is NOT a coinflip.
People need to accept the fact that they're not as good as they are and stop crying.

Just look at the welfare thread. I'm an 1800 Elo player so I have no problem winning at 1500 Elo. Theres no fucking luck in there, I just play better than everyone else and win.


How far away from 1800 do you find that you start having trouble? I'm starting to think that my problem getting back near my peak Elo is just because I can't carry games that 'close' to my actual Elo.

(well, that and i'm dogshit at carries!)
tree.hugger: Coming off of [(T)fantasy v. (T)Really] into [(T)Barracks v. (T)MVP] is like coming out of Manhattan into New Jersey. You just have to speed up and ignore it.
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-27 19:48:36
June 27 2011 19:45 GMT
#47
On June 28 2011 04:24 HazMat wrote:
Fiddle is strong, gtr is just being ignorant as usual. Also, Solo queue is NOT a coinflip.
People need to accept the fact that they're not as good as they are and stop crying.

Just look at the welfare thread. I'm an 1800 Elo player so I have no problem winning at 1500 Elo. Theres no fucking luck in there, I just play better than everyone else and win.

Really? how do you win if you get shit like clarity yi feeding or heal warwick feeding.
Without playing someone who can 1v5.
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
Mogwai
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States13274 Posts
June 27 2011 19:46 GMT
#48
you carry their worthless ass by 1v5ing the opposing team with a full leveled Jarizard.
mogwaismusings.wordpress.com
Odds
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada1188 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-27 19:49:51
June 27 2011 19:48 GMT
#49
On June 28 2011 02:44 gtrsrs wrote:
i have never seen fiddle picked or banned in any tourney-level game i've ever played, so i'm going to say "hm, no" to that

unless you're being sarcastic in which case touche sir

Games in tournaments != tourney level games. No offense, but I'm looking for the help of people who actually have a clue what they're talking about.

Which I seem to have gotten. Thank you all. Especially Shake. :O

User was warned for this post
Odds.633, AM. Plat level currently. Would love more practice partners, add me, let's play!
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
June 27 2011 19:57 GMT
#50
lmao ouch got me
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-27 19:58:17
June 27 2011 19:57 GMT
#51
On June 28 2011 04:42 Niton wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2011 04:24 HazMat wrote:
Fiddle is strong, gtr is just being ignorant as usual. Also, Solo queue is NOT a coinflip.
People need to accept the fact that they're not as good as they are and stop crying.

Just look at the welfare thread. I'm an 1800 Elo player so I have no problem winning at 1500 Elo. Theres no fucking luck in there, I just play better than everyone else and win.


How far away from 1800 do you find that you start having trouble? I'm starting to think that my problem getting back near my peak Elo is just because I can't carry games that 'close' to my actual Elo.

(well, that and i'm dogshit at carries!)

Ya I'm terrible at carries too. I can hold my own against 2k~ junglers easy but my carries are just not on that level. I hover around 1780-1820.

edit: and Ya, gtr just stop talking about your tourney experience lololo.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
June 28 2011 03:16 GMT
#52
On June 28 2011 04:34 HyperionDreamer wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2011 06:38 Two_DoWn wrote:
I find playing random ass champions helps. Jungle morde is always a good pick, because he is just so incredibly op. I had a counterjungle ap shaco who went 9-2 last night. You think he worries about elementz' tier list? No. He plays what he wants because he knows how to do it.

What do you build on jungle morde?

I feel that in solo queue that you have to essentially have to lead your team with your knowledge. There are a lot of players that are pretty bad with minimap awareness, warding, builds, and just general play, but you can lead a team through chat if you're not a dick to people. I come across that way too much imo since a lot of people at my level build carry AP sona or AD janna (I have actually seen people try both of these things), and I have no problems telling people that "your build is bad, do XYZ instead" - most people aren't willing to change.


I have no idea what to build on jungle morde. I thought odds was trolling since he is a decent player. So I tried to countertroll his perceived troll only to get recountered by the fact that it was not, in fact, a troll. I just through jungle morde out there cuz I knew he already uses that. I've only done it a handful of times and it was never very successful.

#1 way to win solo q though: just play anything you want, and make sure that you do it well enough to ensure that you can make it to late game. Honestly, as long as you have all 5, and arent down 15 kills any game is winnable in solo q because the teamwork is just shit. It just becomes getting your team to fight in advantageous spots, grabbing a baron/sniping them at baron, split pushing, ect.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Odds
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada1188 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-28 05:53:49
June 28 2011 05:49 GMT
#53
On June 28 2011 04:48 Odds wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2011 02:44 gtrsrs wrote:
i have never seen fiddle picked or banned in any tourney-level game i've ever played, so i'm going to say "hm, no" to that

unless you're being sarcastic in which case touche sir

Games in tournaments != tourney level games. No offense, but I'm looking for the help of people who actually have a clue what they're talking about.

Which I seem to have gotten. Thank you all. Especially Shake. :O

User was warned for this post


I, uh,

I'm not complaining, but this seems kind of silly. It's pretty well known that guitar is a pretty cool dude, but also pretty bad. My apologies in any case if any offense was perceived.
Odds.633, AM. Plat level currently. Would love more practice partners, add me, let's play!
Roflhaxx
Profile Joined April 2010
Korea (South)1244 Posts
June 30 2011 13:55 GMT
#54
Download Lolreplay and then upload some of them. I am sure at least one or two people here will watch it and tell you.
A game where the first thing you do is scout with a “worker”. Does that make any sense? Who scouts with a “worker”? That’s like sending out the janitor to perform recon, what general would do that? Retarded game.
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-30 15:53:59
June 30 2011 15:43 GMT
#55
Watch replays of how you play, and you'll realize you play worse than you think. It's mostly small things, maybe that add up. If you improve on those small things, you'll be gosu.

The things you need work on are really subtle, maybe not so subtle.
Mazer
Profile Joined April 2008
Canada1086 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-30 16:02:24
June 30 2011 16:00 GMT
#56
I notice that when I make an effort to be positive and talkative pre-game (and pick the role that the team needs most), the team usually ends up performing better. That being said, I've been stuck around 1400 for weeks now and it's a little depressing. You know, those games where you say 'please ban ____ or they'll get him as first pick without a doubt' or 'don't pick _____ as a first choice, you'll get countered hard' and you just get flat out ignored and the game goes pretty much exactly as you said it would. Or your 2v2 lane goes 0-5 in the first ten minutes while you're busting your balls in the solo lane to not get owned in a mismatch. And then that game ends up getting dragged out to 30+ minutes despite being down thousands of gold from dragons/towers/kills leaving you frustrated you for the next game.

I look back on my recent games and see that I have had some rough games here and there so I know there is definitely room for improvement. For example, I focus on harass/cs so much at times that I don't check the minimap enough.

Anyways, I really do feel that solo Q is hit and miss at times. One person messing up on either team can totally make a game one-sided but it's better to have an attitude of 'what can I do better' than 'shitty teammates'.
Lanzoma
Profile Joined February 2011
Mexico813 Posts
June 30 2011 17:37 GMT
#57
We are naturally inclined to remember that one game where a troll screwed our game, and not that one free win we had because the other team had a troll.

Everybody has shit games, but it tends to even out in the long run.
Odds
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada1188 Posts
June 30 2011 19:31 GMT
#58
On July 01 2011 00:43 0123456789 wrote:
Watch replays of how you play, and you'll realize you play worse than you think. It's mostly small things, maybe that add up. If you improve on those small things, you'll be gosu.

The things you need work on are really subtle, maybe not so subtle.


I've come to terms with that I'm awful, just need to find the things I need to work on. Do you remember any of the bigger ones from those practice games you gave me a while back? :3
Odds.633, AM. Plat level currently. Would love more practice partners, add me, let's play!
0123456789
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States3216 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-30 19:34:56
June 30 2011 19:34 GMT
#59
On July 01 2011 04:31 Odds wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2011 00:43 0123456789 wrote:
Watch replays of how you play, and you'll realize you play worse than you think. It's mostly small things, maybe that add up. If you improve on those small things, you'll be gosu.

The things you need work on are really subtle, maybe not so subtle.


I've come to terms with that I'm awful, just need to find the things I need to work on. Do you remember any of the bigger ones from those practice games you gave me a while back? :3


Win lane hard, win game. Last hit perfectly or almost perfectly. Win early game, scale hard off noobs to mid game, win mid game, win game. Then there's just game/map awareness which you would get off playing a lot of games.
Odds
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada1188 Posts
June 30 2011 21:40 GMT
#60
On July 01 2011 04:34 0123456789 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2011 04:31 Odds wrote:
On July 01 2011 00:43 0123456789 wrote:
Watch replays of how you play, and you'll realize you play worse than you think. It's mostly small things, maybe that add up. If you improve on those small things, you'll be gosu.

The things you need work on are really subtle, maybe not so subtle.


I've come to terms with that I'm awful, just need to find the things I need to work on. Do you remember any of the bigger ones from those practice games you gave me a while back? :3


Win lane hard, win game. Last hit perfectly or almost perfectly. Win early game, scale hard off noobs to mid game, win mid game, win game. Then there's just game/map awareness which you would get off playing a lot of games.


I suppose this applies to jungle as well: win the lanes for them?
Odds.633, AM. Plat level currently. Would love more practice partners, add me, let's play!
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 169
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 611
NaDa 46
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9903
JimRising 746
WinterStarcraft283
ViBE105
Mew2King84
ArmadaUGS63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1390
BasetradeTV292
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream148
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• davetesta45
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush631
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 24m
INu's Battles
9h 24m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 24m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 24m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 24m
Replay Cast
20h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.