• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:30
CEST 20:30
KST 03:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9051 users

I don't understand why I keep losing. - Page 2

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
June 27 2011 06:50 GMT
#21
I'm rather amazed how you can feel you're not playing worse after a 5 month hiatus. I felt I was playing worse when I came back from a break of 2 weeks.
Moderator
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
June 27 2011 06:53 GMT
#22
On June 27 2011 15:50 TheYango wrote:
I'm rather amazed how you can feel you're not playing worse after a 5 month hiatus. I felt I was playing worse when I came back from a break of 2 weeks.

This.
Don't expect to be 1700 after a break like that. Just accept the fact that you've gotten worse and aren't a 1700 elo player anymore and work on getting your skill back.
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
Odds
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada1188 Posts
June 27 2011 07:26 GMT
#23
I am. The problem, I suppose, is I can't even identify my failings anymore to figure out what the hell I need to be improving on. :

It'll probably get better with time. The trolls are just compounding the problem.
Odds.633, AM. Plat level currently. Would love more practice partners, add me, let's play!
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
June 27 2011 07:52 GMT
#24
solo queue is a toss-up, a total coin flip to a certain point, especially this late in the season
you might just be in the coin flip threshhold
duo your way up to 1600/1700 or w/e or just join a team and play real games
or wait til season 2 or something
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Odds
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada1188 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-27 09:21:57
June 27 2011 09:18 GMT
#25
The story of my life:

This has been literally 5 of the last 6 games for me. I have replays to prove them if anyone cares to find out.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rr76xzkzl1i0kxw

In champ select: fp goes TF, says we need a jungle
I say OK, I pick fiddle immediately, and then at the very end of 30s countdown 3rd pick takes nocturne, locks smite, says nothing.
I say OK, I'll go top.
Next picks: Irelia, garen. Irelia demands top or afk.

I go bot with fiddle, get killed over and over because I am fiddle in the bot lane, get blamed all game for it, and reported by every member of my team.

Inb4 I get banned for knowing how the fucking champs work.



This seems irrelevant but I don't understand how to even begin learning to play again when this shit happens every single game. I'm so mad I would literally, given the chance without legal consequences IRL, seriously maim my teammates these last few games without a second's hesitation or a moment's regret. It's my honest belief that they don't deserve to live, and, objectively speaking, I know exactly how disgusting that is. I don't know what's wrong with me or anyone else and it's making me sick. =/

Now I can't sleep.
Odds.633, AM. Plat level currently. Would love more practice partners, add me, let's play!
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
June 27 2011 09:33 GMT
#26
A good idea would be to not pick a champ who is as hit or miss depending on his team as Fiddle. Fiddle can't fight on his own and he can't support well either.

Also I'm not so sure what the problem with a Fiddle+Garen lane is... max fear, camp brush. If your team decides that they want to create a retarded team comp, you gotta be creative with your champ.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
Odds
Profile Joined May 2008
Canada1188 Posts
June 27 2011 09:37 GMT
#27
The problem is it was against an ali/rumble lane, but yeah. Must be sleep deprivation thats letting this get to me so badly. Gonna try to fix that. Shake helped quite a bit too. /dance
Odds.633, AM. Plat level currently. Would love more practice partners, add me, let's play!
BlueBird.
Profile Joined August 2008
United States3890 Posts
June 27 2011 10:34 GMT
#28
Spinesheath not everyone is as creative as you :p

I know this sounds stupid, cause you just took such a long break, but if your feeling down, not having fun, and are on a losing streak. Take a short break, and hour or two. I like to take a shower personally.
Currently Playing: Android Netrunner, Gwent, Gloomhaven, Board Games
BluzMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Russian Federation4235 Posts
June 27 2011 11:12 GMT
#29
On June 27 2011 18:18 Odds wrote:
The story of my life:

This has been literally 5 of the last 6 games for me. I have replays to prove them if anyone cares to find out.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rr76xzkzl1i0kxw

In champ select: fp goes TF, says we need a jungle
I say OK, I pick fiddle immediately, and then at the very end of 30s countdown 3rd pick takes nocturne, locks smite, says nothing.
I say OK, I'll go top.
Next picks: Irelia, garen. Irelia demands top or afk.

I go bot with fiddle, get killed over and over because I am fiddle in the bot lane, get blamed all game for it, and reported by every member of my team.

Inb4 I get banned for knowing how the fucking champs work.



This seems irrelevant but I don't understand how to even begin learning to play again when this shit happens every single game. I'm so mad I would literally, given the chance without legal consequences IRL, seriously maim my teammates these last few games without a second's hesitation or a moment's regret. It's my honest belief that they don't deserve to live, and, objectively speaking, I know exactly how disgusting that is. I don't know what's wrong with me or anyone else and it's making me sick. =/

Now I can't sleep.


Why not go top and make Irelia afk? One more Tribunal case is always healthy.
You want 20 good men, but you need a bad pussy.
SagaZ
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
France3460 Posts
June 27 2011 12:24 GMT
#30
try looking at streams too. I had no way of playing LoL for like 2 months, but managed to catch a stream or two and watch it during this break. It's laid back and makes you think about the game instead of going full robot mode.
When i came back last hitting was painfull at first but otherwise i was playing the best LoL i ever did
Be nice, buy wards and don't feed double buff.
BluzMan
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Russian Federation4235 Posts
June 27 2011 12:35 GMT
#31
Streams/replays are helpful but too many people get into the deadly trap of "backseat pro" when they know so much stuff about how to play the game but play like shit when actually trying it. You'd wanna maintain a healthy ratio between playing and watching. Actually, after watching DH I realized how many opportunities I've been missing with overly cautious play and began playing much more aggressive than I usually did, quite fruitful, I might add.
You want 20 good men, but you need a bad pussy.
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
June 27 2011 14:07 GMT
#32
I dunno. I took about a month off, came back and found everyone at 1400 was WORSE than when I left. I chalked it up to elo inflation. So it may not be that you are playing worse, but that you are playing with more retards who somehow managed to push themselves up.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Southlight
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States11768 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-27 14:18:26
June 27 2011 14:16 GMT
#33
I took three months off and lol'd at the people that were 1700 rating. Elo decay'd to like 1400 and I effortlessly (ie. like 14-3) hiked back up to just under 1700 despite not giving a shit. Elo inflation would insinuate that you're simply not as good as you think you are (anymore).

IMO the #1 thing 99% of people stink at (and don't understand that they stink at) in this game is initiating, or starting fights and capitalizing on positioning mistakes (which will inevitably happen, even at the top level of play). Playing backseat heroes like Fiddle doesn't help unless you're Fear initiating, flashing backwards, and then channeling ult ASAP or something gosu like that.

Fiddle bot lane is fine by the way, as he is an extremely strong and robust laner (double CC) with tremendous 2v2 damage if the other team fails to position properly. He can also roam, and can take most people 1v1 for some time despite minimal items.

Edit;
Also watching streams are terrible for most people if you're actually trying to learn the game. Yes, this is an amazing thing to realize, but LoL is very strategic, all the way down to hero selection, and a lot of shit people pull in top-level streams is never going to apply to you unless you have the determination to become similarly a top-level player... and even then with a lot of playstyle swaps and preferences you're not going to have a similar setup, most likely. So unless you're watching streams to properly analyze why people are doing what, watching these things will degenerate your play and turn you into a talk the talk piece of trash.
oraoraoraoraoraoraoraora
HeavOnEarth
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States7087 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-27 14:27:24
June 27 2011 14:25 GMT
#34
coming from a ex-LoL player, i suggest just to have fun with the game, as personally i've tried to compete in solo Q before and its not really competitive at all
if you want to get better, just get a few good ppl to scrim 5v5 with, you will improve , realistically, the fastest that way.
i suppose another way to say this is, it is better to die assuming your teammate is good and will make correct plays, then to play passive and miss opportunities.
"come korea next time... FXO house... 10 korean, 10 korean"
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
June 27 2011 15:38 GMT
#35
Fiddle garen is like an instant kill with the silence-->fear-->garen silence-->drain+spin to win. How can you lose that lane. lol. If garen has flash up when you land the first silence they are screwed, if he doesn't just fear the guy while garen Q speeds up to him and then silences and spins to win.
rwrzr
Profile Joined February 2010
United States1980 Posts
June 27 2011 15:59 GMT
#36
On June 27 2011 23:25 HeavOnEarth wrote:
coming from a ex-LoL player, i suggest just to have fun with the game, as personally i've tried to compete in solo Q before and its not really competitive at all
if you want to get better, just get a few good ppl to scrim 5v5 with, you will improve , realistically, the fastest that way.
i suppose another way to say this is, it is better to die assuming your teammate is good and will make correct plays, then to play passive and miss opportunities.


This statement explains most of the frustration people have with soloqq. It is so easy to become angry at the people you encounter in soloqq and just go into F*** you guys i've got to farm to 1v5 the other team because my team is useless.

Then soloqq becomes a 1v1v1v1v1 vs. 5.

If anything whenever you soloqueue communicate and give your teammates a chance if they aren't responding as quickly as you'd like then next time you know.

FADC
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
June 27 2011 17:40 GMT
#37
On June 27 2011 18:18 Odds wrote:
In champ select: fp goes TF, says we need a jungle
I say OK, I pick fiddle immediately,


i've found the reason you're losing
why would you ever *expect* a win after picking fiddle? in the very best scenario i would feel grateful to win as fiddle, and laugh it off if i (far more likely) lost.

this thread should be deleted imo. everything that needs to be said has been said

like, why are you complaining to US about your irelia threatening to afk? if this is a thread about how you can improve, how can WE help your irelia not afk? how can anything you or we do affect how your 4 random teammates make their picks? how can anything you say in this thread change whether or not your team facechecks brush and gives up first blood, or dominates their lane? like i said before up to a certain point where players have enough experience to know what good picks and good decisions are, solo queue is a coin-flip. while it is required that you win your lane to win, you can't make your partners win their lanes. if you need help with individual matchups, ask away, but if you're just going to bitch that your team took 4 AD champs after you first-picked ashe, take it to shikyo's namesake thread, because we can't help you.

the only advice i can give you is this: if you think your skill is higher than your elo, always try to get matched up against the highest pick on the other team. logic would dictate that their elo is the highest on their team, so if anyone on their team is likely to stomp a lane, it's them. if you can limit them from crushing your teammates (by matching/beating their best player), and have your teammates (who you are assuming are worse than you) play against HIS worse teammates, you will greatly increase your chance of winning.
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
June 27 2011 17:43 GMT
#38
On June 28 2011 02:40 gtrsrs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2011 18:18 Odds wrote:
In champ select: fp goes TF, says we need a jungle
I say OK, I pick fiddle immediately,


i've found the reason you're losing
why would you ever *expect* a win after picking fiddle? in the very best scenario i would feel grateful to win as fiddle, and laugh it off if i (far more likely) lost.

this thread should be deleted imo. everything that needs to be said has been said

like, why are you complaining to US about your irelia threatening to afk? if this is a thread about how you can improve, how can WE help your irelia not afk? how can anything you or we do affect how your 4 random teammates make their picks? how can anything you say in this thread change whether or not your team facechecks brush and gives up first blood, or dominates their lane? like i said before up to a certain point where players have enough experience to know what good picks and good decisions are, solo queue is a coin-flip. while it is required that you win your lane to win, you can't make your partners win their lanes. if you need help with individual matchups, ask away, but if you're just going to bitch that your team took 4 AD champs after you first-picked ashe, take it to shikyo's namesake thread, because we can't help you.

the only advice i can give you is this: if you think your skill is higher than your elo, always try to get matched up against the highest pick on the other team. logic would dictate that their elo is the highest on their team, so if anyone on their team is likely to stomp a lane, it's them. if you can limit them from crushing your teammates (by matching/beating their best player), and have your teammates (who you are assuming are worse than you) play against HIS worse teammates, you will greatly increase your chance of winning.

Fidds is considered op in high elo.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
gtrsrs
Profile Joined June 2010
United States9109 Posts
June 27 2011 17:44 GMT
#39
i have never seen fiddle picked or banned in any tourney-level game i've ever played, so i'm going to say "hm, no" to that

unless you're being sarcastic in which case touche sir
i play ... hearthstone =\^.^/= Winterfox
Two_DoWn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States13684 Posts
June 27 2011 17:47 GMT
#40
On June 28 2011 02:44 gtrsrs wrote:
i have never seen fiddle picked or banned in any tourney-level game i've ever played, so i'm going to say "hm, no" to that

unless you're being sarcastic in which case touche sir

What I've picked up on since the patch by watchin streams and such I've seen a lot of fidds bans and Saint qqing to Classick about fidds.
"What is the air speed velocity of an unladen courier?" "Dire or Radiant?"
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2397
RotterdaM827
TaKeTV 329
IndyStarCraft 214
BRAT_OK 106
ZombieGrub76
SteadfastSC58
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2397
RotterdaM 827
ByuN 369
IndyStarCraft 214
MaxPax 158
RuFF_SC2 117
BRAT_OK 106
ZombieGrub76
UpATreeSC 66
SteadfastSC 58
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3183
Shuttle 643
Mini 395
EffOrt 332
Dewaltoss 79
Mind 78
910 72
Zeus 63
HiyA 60
hero 53
[ Show more ]
Bale 18
ToSsGirL 18
sorry 16
scan(afreeca) 9
zelot 9
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
qojqva3493
Counter-Strike
fl0m5144
pashabiceps1226
Fnx 664
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3933
Liquid`Hasu245
Other Games
singsing1834
Beastyqt860
ceh9681
mouzStarbuck328
C9.Mang0132
XaKoH 125
QueenE71
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV216
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 159
• StrangeGG 38
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV429
Other Games
• imaqtpie706
• Shiphtur370
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
4h 30m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 30m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
16h 30m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Patches Events
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.