• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:55
CEST 19:55
KST 02:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10055 users

NewGens - A Comprehensive Look

Forum Index > Closed
Post a Reply
Beef Noodles
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States937 Posts
March 25 2011 19:52 GMT
#1
Dear Fellow New Generation TLers,

For my first thread ever on TL, I want to create a guide for all the new folks who are trying to understand the TL forums.

I’ve been lurking for a few days now, so I pretty much know the lay of the land. And I just want to say that the elitism of the older TL generation is appalling!

Just because I didn’t play your precious Brood War, doesn’t mean I don’t understand RTS. I’ve watched enough TotalBiscuit to understand the ins and outs of the game. I won a bunch of WC3 free-for-alls, and I win a bunch of free-for-alls in SC2. If FFA had a ladder, I’d probably be 4k+ masters. So don’t f***ing push me and my 4 post-count aside as a noob, cause I’ll go 1on1 with you in an eight player FFA and wipe that shit eating grin right off your face (I’m talking to you LiquidTyler).

So fellow New Generation TL’s (New-gen’s), I’ve come to give you warnings, tips, and advice for navigating these forums:

Warning number 1: avoid the noob called “Chill.” He is the biggest troll of the all! I know he looks like a cute 10-year-old girl, but he’s really a jack-an-ape in disguise! He has no idea what the f*** he’s talking about, and he’s somehow hacked TL so that he can ban accounts! Yesterday, I had to change IP addresses 3 times cause he kept ban-hacking me. Stay away from this noob at all costs! (Chill New-gen threat level: code red)

Warning number 2: use one of your secondary accounts to flame LiquidNazgul. Don’t worry, I didn’t put it together either, but it turns out that the “L” in TL stands for Liquid, and this Nazgul character is somehow affiliated. Two days ago, I made the mistake of using my main account (I-Luv-ThE-CocKhoRsE) to flame that nerd, and he mother f***ing banned it! 4 posts down the drain! So be sure to make a side account to call him a Frodo-banging butt goblin. (Nazgul New-gen threat level: mild creamy-orange).

Tip number 1: Don’t play Brood War. Lemme give some constructive criticism of BW: the game sucks. Any game without colossi is stupid and imbalanced. Also, I tried to spread my creep using queens and hatcheries and the game bugged out or something cause the creep did jack s***. So retarded LOLZ. Also, mass arbiter is so f***ing OP and one day I will get my revenge on Nony – that rat bastard.

Tip number 2: Flame iNcontrol, and all of StateoftheGame for that matter. They respond! And it makes me feel special. Also WTF! They f***ing criticized ogsMC? Are you f***ing kidding me? There is such a huge skill gap between MC and iNcontrol that he shouldn’t be saying s***. So, even though he’s way better than me, I’m going to ironically criticize him for saying that s***. Because dammit I’m entitled to voice me opinion! And don’t f***ing voice your opinions of my opinions. I don’t want to hear it.

Advice number 1: Find and love CombatEx. The man is a hero. He bashed that noob Chill in BW. I didn’t get to watch the games, but Combat told me all about it. Also, he’s one of the only players that understands the importance of psychological warfare. Blizzard gave us in game chat for a reason people! And its not for “gg” LOLZ.

Advice number 2: If you are trying to become a progamer (like me), don’t buy into this whole “Koreans are better/practice better/whatever” bulls***. It’s complete crap. My little cousin is half-Korean and I f***ing crushed that noob like 12 times in a row. It was so awesome. I four-gated him every game. And he was all like “ahhh how do you make drones.” And I was all like “you f***ing suck you little b****.” And he was all crying and s***. Yeah so, Koreans kinda blow at this game.

So there you have a pretty comprehensive guide to the TL forums. Use it wisely.

P.S. If you are an elitist BW-loving Old-gen, I don’t wanna read any of your stupid negative posts. I’m entitled to say what I want, so STFU.

P.P.S. @LiquidTyler: rematch bo5 noob?


Beef Noodles
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
IntoTheiNu 1024
ComeBackTV 873
SteadfastSC549
TaKeTV 542
LamboSC2350
IndyStarCraft 208
Rex108
EnkiAlexander 70
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 549
LamboSC2 350
mouzHeroMarine 319
IndyStarCraft 208
ProTech143
Rex 106
UpATreeSC 94
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24778
Shuttle 1352
firebathero 216
Rush 142
ToSsGirL 34
Trap 22
Bale 21
Shine 16
Sexy 14
Djem5 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7347
qojqva1627
420jenkins139
Counter-Strike
fl0m1598
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1879
crisheroes1272
Liquid`Hasu491
XaKoH 178
MindelVK11
Other Games
Grubby1555
FrodaN713
ceh9667
Beastyqt569
ArmadaUGS197
Hui .174
KnowMe148
C9.Mang0114
QueenE108
Trikslyr83
Mew2King62
Dewaltoss46
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 7
• Adnapsc2 4
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 42
• FirePhoenix11
• 80smullet 5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3277
• TFBlade1347
Other Games
• imaqtpie769
• WagamamaTV285
• Shiphtur272
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 5m
Stellar Fest
19h 5m
OSC
1d 4h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 16h
Online Event
1d 17h
FEL
1d 22h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 23h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.