• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:28
CEST 21:28
KST 04:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8959 users

[News] Odds and Ends - 7/22/2010

Forum Index > BW General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-22 18:19:46
July 22 2010 15:01 GMT
#1
[image loading]


Because all the best news comes out the day after I put together an Odds and Ends! I'll take what I edited into the previous Odds and Ends, combine them with the Matchfixing stuff since it's fairly big news overall.



Savior: "Hwasin's testimony is not the truth
[image loading]


The 4th Match Fixing trial concluded yesterday, ending with finger pointing and more interesting remarks from Savior.

Justin claimed that all match fixing was first suggested by broker Park, upon admitting that he had operated match fixing with broker Park. Justin knew him when broker Park joined a B Clan. He started betting on Toto [T/N: An illegal Korean betting site], and stated that soon later, broker Park told him that "Using Toto legally makes very little money, so why don't you make some big money through illegal means? If you do match fixing and lose on purpose, you can make 10 million won, so if you do it a few times you can make your salary".

Justin stated that "I first didn't want to participate in such a thing, but broker Park said that he would bet my money for him so I trusted him and participated in betting". Justin said that starting with the November 22nd game with Progamer Kim, he has bet on every single match.

However, Justin said that "Whenever it looked like we'd make money through betting, broker Park's solicited his friend, the organized gang member Kim, and told me that he had lost money and returned most of the money he has made"

When asked why Justin had his teammates participate in match fixing, he said that "When I told Broker Park i won't be playing, he always asked for participation from other players. He said he's pay me, so I wanted my teammates and the younger players to earn at least extra cash so I delivered the information to them"

Broker Park, in response said that "While Justin said that I suggested match fixing first, but that is far from the truth. While we did talk about match fixing so there were suggestions from both sides, Justin was the one who suggested that we should fix matches", adding that "I don't know any Progamers and everything was suggested by Justin, and all I did was allow it to happen. Justin decided the players and the matches that will be fixed and I just operated based on that information"

Finally, Savior, in his examination, talked about his situation and feelings during the match fixing. Savior stated that "At first, I got a request from Soccer Player Jung, a hyung that I knew, and suggested match fixing to Hwasin, and Hwasin also agreed to do it so I operated match fixing without a specific purpose."

He continued that "I didn't participate in betting, and I don't know how it's done either. I haven't used the information to bet through a proxy, nor did I sell the information to other people".

Savior said that after this match, all the matches were fixed through the request of Justin. "After receiving a suggestion from Justin, I told Hwasin again and another match was fixed, and after that Justin picked a team, and solicited me and players close to me, and fixed one match, while one match was rejected".

About how Savior participated in the match fixing, Savior stated that "I saw Progamer Park, who was on the team with Justin, chatting, and the day after, I got a contact from Justin suggesting that I fix a match." Regarding this, Savior said that "I rejected saying that I would not fix matches. He then asked me if I had any close friends who would do it, and I recommended Hwasin, Progamer Park and Seo."

Within this testimony, Savior said that part of the testimony from Hwasin was false.
After that, Ma said: “The hyung I know bet on you winning, and he lost 20 000 000, all because you lost. You should pay him back somehow. Do you have any games?”

Jin said: “Even though I know the opponent’s opening, it’s still possible to lose in the macro game, I can’t guarantee that he won’t lose money.” But he also said: “After hearing that I caused him to lose money, I’m a bit guilty, so I told him I’ll lose the MSL game the next day and amend it.”

Savior states that the above statement was false and he hasn't told Hwasin anything like that. Furthermore, responding to
Ma X told him: “I’ve been troubled recently. A hyung I know is doing match-fixing, he wants me to lose on purpose, and I don’t know if I should do it.”

Savior stated that "I was troubled whether or not to tell other people about match fixing because I knew that it was going on".

When asked why Savior participated in the match fixing, Savior responded that "I'm sad because I was connected to match fixing even though I didn't have a clear goal like economic gain", and added that "I think I got sucked into it while I was trying to help people even though it wasn't really helping them. I talked to players normally and talked about Match fixing, but I did not push it to them, and all I did was deliver information that the players would fix matches".



Firebathero accepted into Ace
[image loading]


In the June e-sports personnel recruitment, players such as (T)firebathero, (P)Pusan, (T)koala, and (P)Say has signed up, and after his duel with Pusan, it has been revealed that firebathero, through his high scores, has been accepted into Ace.

Firebathero has said that "I've been living comfortably waiting for results, but I feel extremely relieved and comfortable now that the problem I've been struggling with since May has been settled.". He added that "I cut my hair before it was announced. I cut my hair to show my resolve to get into Ace, and now that I've gotten in, I'm no longer burdened", concluding that "I want to live like a soldier when I enter the Airforce for the next two years. I want to get Ace out of last place, and if possible, have them get into the Post Season".



Upmagic: "Returning to Starcraft 2 is something that was twisted from the truth"
[image loading]


The recent rumor that the Progamer Upmagic will return to Starcraft 2 that was started through an interview with a foreign community was discovered not to be true.

Upmagic, with his interview with T-----, has caused an uproar by stating that he will return to Starcraft 2.

However, by talking to personnel related to Upmagic's previous team, we found that this is something different from the truth. Upmagic's previous teams' coach has said that "This interview is not related to our team at all. We didn't even know that there was an interview. Right now, we know that Upmagic is preparing to enter the military"

The manager who was also in the interview said that "The interview filmed last week was something that was recorded like a team documentary, and it contains past and present players. However the video was posted without getting permission from anyone who is related to the team".

The personnel also told us the latest situation for Upmagic. According to him, he said that "Upmagic is currently looking for something to do for about 3 months before he enters the military. It's not a good situation for him to even get a job at a restaurant, so he looks like he will be going to the military.", and added that "A few netizens have been terrorizing his minihomepage, and because of the match fixing scandal, he hasn't even been going out, so he has been living mostly at home"

Finally, he has added that "I'm very sorry that, due to the employee's mistake, he uploaded the video and caused an uproar amongst Korean e-Sports personnel.", and said that "I sent a similar message to KeSPA and officially sent them an apology. I will be cautious to prevent anything like this from happening in the future"

Finally, Upmagic, who was confirmed to participate in match fixing, has received fines of 2 million won, with an additional fine of 3.5 million won, and now waiting for the court to reach their final decision.

[T/N: Upmagic only has his last name revealed. I just replaced it with Upmagic so it's easier to read]



Flash wins Proleague MVP, KT's Manager Lee Jihoon wins Coach of the Year, Snow wins Rookie of the year


During the Proleague Media Day hosted by KeSPA, the results for the above awards were announced.

Snow won Rookie of the year with 61.1% (11) of the votes, with Killer second with 22.2%.
Flash won Proleague MVP with 72.2% (13) of the votes, with Jaedong second with 27.8%
KT's Manager Lee Jihoon wins Coach of the Year with 17 votes, with the remaining one vote going to WeMade's manager.
dani_caliKorea
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
730 Posts
July 22 2010 15:05 GMT
#2
Nice, we will continue to see Firebathero~~
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
July 22 2010 15:21 GMT
#3
That's about the interview Artosis did with Upmagic right? Was it deleted from TL too? I'm surprised it caused such a shitstorm
infinity2k9
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom2397 Posts
July 22 2010 15:28 GMT
#4
How did Killer come second for rookie of the year...
Caos2
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1728 Posts
July 22 2010 15:57 GMT
#5
Thanks for the news!
andeh
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States904 Posts
July 22 2010 16:10 GMT
#6
I was wondering to see if koreans would take notice to artosis's latest videos..
nextstep
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada705 Posts
July 22 2010 16:23 GMT
#7
will miss FBH from Khan. won't be the same without him.

he should be able to help ACE.
go KHAN! TBLS <3
XiaoJoyce-
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
China2908 Posts
July 22 2010 16:25 GMT
#8
Something is wierd, some parts I do not understand.

-----------------
Justin said that "Whenever it looked like we'd make money through betting, broker Park's solicited his friend, the organized gang member Kim, and told me that he had lost money and returned most of the money he has made"
----------------

Is it trying to say whenever they made money, Park would ask gangster Kim to tell to tell Justin Park has lost money, used the money to pay back the debt.

-----------------
When asked why Justin had his teammates participate in match fixing, he said that "When I told Broker Park i won't be playing, he always asked for participation from other players. He said he's pay me, so I wanted my teammates and the younger players to earn at least extra cash so I delivered the information to them"
-----------------

So Justin got paid by introducing players to Park?

All is not important, this is the the most confusing.

Savior said that "I rejected saying that I would not fix matches. He then asked me if I had any close friends who would do it, and I recommended Savior, Progamer Park and Seo."

Savior recommended Savior?
Pew! Pew! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
dukethegold
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada5645 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-07-22 16:35:49
July 22 2010 16:35 GMT
#9
All the sides are trying to make themselves sound innocent, especially Savior who is trying to retain some of his reputation.

So what is the truth?

And FBH got the highest score? That means he did well against (P)Pusan and (P)Say?

All the best to FBH! I am looking forward to your winner interviews.

Thanks for the news, Milkis!
alffla
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Hong Kong20321 Posts
July 22 2010 16:53 GMT
#10
tahts crazy the trials still giong on

i kinda given up hope ffor savior though

but i dont hate him
ahhh i dunno

lol @ killer 2nd rookie with 22% . haha gg.
Graphicssavior[gm] : What is a “yawn” rape ;; Masumune - It was the year of the pig for those fucking defilers. Chill - A clinic you say? okum: SC without Korean yelling is like porn without sex. konamix: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!
Milkis
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
5003 Posts
July 22 2010 16:55 GMT
#11
Is it trying to say whenever they made money, Park would ask gangster Kim to tell to tell Justin Park has lost money, used the money to pay back the debt.


It's not that clear as far as i can tell in the original korean

So Justin got paid by introducing players to Park?


Not clear either.

Savior recommended Savior?


Hwasin. That was my mistake
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
July 22 2010 17:08 GMT
#12
Thanks for the news. These posts are great. Somewhat depressing across the board though. But not your fault at all. Thanks again.
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
July 22 2010 17:10 GMT
#13
Oh god I hope Artosis wont get in trouble...
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
King K. Rool
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada4408 Posts
July 22 2010 17:13 GMT
#14
lolwat.

permission from the team? Upmagic was retired wasn't he?
night terrors
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
China1284 Posts
July 22 2010 17:31 GMT
#15
On July 23 2010 02:10 TheAntZ wrote:
Oh god I hope Artosis wont get in trouble...


I kinda wish he does, at least a little bit.

Aside from all the work he has done for SCBW, both in Korea and in the foreign community, working as a link, I feel he is being foolish now that SC2 is about to launch; it feels he will exploit anything and everything to work up hype for the game. I understand he likes it and is working on the development of a scene , but it seems rushed, oportunistic and foolish. Who knows if all the video did was cause more problems for UpMagic and the development of SC2 in Korea.

I mean, im not hoping he gets fired, but maybe after this Artosis wont rush his statements without considering the impact they will have.


I know that in part the eSports industry in Korea will probably try to shut down points that are hyping/working on the scene for SC2, which seems to be at least part of the reason that the reaction was so violent. Plus i dont think KeSPA is happy to have news outlets insinuating some kind of pardon to matchfixers. And this is all fucked up, I know. Maybe Hwanni didnt give a shit the video was posted. But right now it seems that the video may do more harm than good and, you know, what for?
Through high and low, bisu boy, through high and low.
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
July 22 2010 17:36 GMT
#16
So what came of Upmagic's interview with T-------- anyway?

Also I had no clue it'd cause such a shitstorm haha.
Moderator
Comeh
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States18919 Posts
July 22 2010 17:38 GMT
#17
On July 23 2010 02:36 Empyrean wrote:
So what came of Upmagic's interview with T-------- anyway?

Also I had no clue it'd cause such a shitstorm haha.

I don't think the big deal was what was consisted in the interview, but rather the fact there WAS an interview, with Hwanni involved (well, who else is going to translate XD).
It's amusing how Estro is trying to cover their tracks, saying things such as "we didn't know it would be posted". Why else would their be an interview? -_-.
ヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノDELETE ICEFROGヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(⌐■_■)ノヽ(
Taku
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada2036 Posts
July 22 2010 17:44 GMT
#18
Was FBH the only one of the applicants who got accepted? Either way gj FBH, you'll be missed on Khan but I'm interested what influence he'll have on Airforce ACE.
When SC2 came for BW, I cried. Now LoL/Dota2 comes for SC2, and I laugh. \o/
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
July 22 2010 17:53 GMT
#19
On July 23 2010 02:44 Taku wrote:
Was FBH the only one of the applicants who got accepted? Either way gj FBH, you'll be missed on Khan but I'm interested what influence he'll have on Airforce ACE.


Yeah, Pusan was the other big name who just got drafted.
Moderator
bokchoi
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Korea (South)9498 Posts
July 22 2010 18:18 GMT
#20
I saw that UpMagic article just a few minutes ago on FOMOS and I can't believe the interview by Artosis (if that is the interview they're referring to) has caused such a stir. It really seems like Koreans won't forgive the match-fixers at all.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 566
ProTech158
UpATreeSC 82
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17649
Calm 3397
Mini 428
Mind 83
910 62
soO 47
Trap 34
Dota 2
Gorgc6023
canceldota65
Counter-Strike
fl0m3462
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3603
Other Games
FrodaN940
Beastyqt548
Liquid`Hasu293
Khaldor241
Livibee189
C9.Mang0148
IndyStarCraft 118
ZombieGrub68
QueenE61
BRAT_OK 26
MindelVK7
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 25
• blackmanpl 15
• FirePhoenix11
• Michael_bg 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2858
• WagamamaTV321
League of Legends
• Nemesis1766
Other Games
• imaqtpie874
• Shiphtur751
• Scarra463
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 32m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 32m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 32m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 32m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.