• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:41
CEST 20:41
KST 03:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9893 users

How fast is your mouse?

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
wok
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States504 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-09 03:30:10
September 04 2009 05:48 GMT
#1
I just want to get a distribution of the mouse speed as a data-driven basis for my other thread.

So here's what you do:

Go to
-> this website <-
and click on the page 5 times as fast as you can (like you would in starcraft spamming gateways/factories/adjacent hatches).

The website will tell you your time average for the "rebound rate" of your mouse for those 5 clicks. Practice a few times and report your lowest in a post, and vote in the poll below.

[image loading]

Poll: What was your best average?
(Vote): <20
(Vote): 20-40
(Vote): 40-60
(Vote): 60-80
(Vote): 80-100
(Vote): 100-120
(Vote): 120+

Update:

Now that I have some data, let's talk about conclusions. Certain commands, such as 1a2a3a4a, or click-macro, or 1 right click 2 right click 3 right click, etc... are bottle-necked by this mouse-response time. Therefore it is readily apparent that those on the <20 side of the bell curve that is starting to show up will have a MUCH greater advantage than those on the >120+ side. (though at least half the people > 120 based on the posts in this thread are trolling.)

For reference, with the script I wrote in my other thread. the number are:
4
16
2
15
10
Average: 9.4

Thus I can safely say that the program does not significantly improve over the best unassisted mouse currently out there.

Edit:
So there seems to be a lot of confusion. The test is really quite simple. It takes a time snapshot of when your mouse goes down, then takes another time snapshot when your mouse goes up and it subtracts the difference and outputs it in milliseconds. Because of this, there are many ways of cheating the program... but what's the point? For example, releasing the mouse off screen will totally screw up results... as will refreshing, rightclicking while left button held down, etc... The random 0s is an expected phenomenon. If you got a negative number... Please practice clicking correctly. (not dragging, not refreshing, not pulling off page... just nice stable clicks.) If after that you still have problems, please pm me, and I will try to reproduce it and fix.
I'll race you to defeatism... you win.
MoRe_mInErAls
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
Canada1210 Posts
September 04 2009 05:50 GMT
#2
This has to be a contest right?

I got 257
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
September 04 2009 05:51 GMT
#3
Got myself a 39.2. Although I'm still rather clueless as to how they calculate this.
God Bless
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-04 05:52:25
September 04 2009 05:51 GMT
#4
hovering around 60-65, excluding the time it calculated one of my clicks as 1 o.o
i have a crappy logitech lx3 if you needed driver information
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
ShivaN
Profile Joined January 2007
United States933 Posts
September 04 2009 05:55 GMT
#5
mine hovers around 40-50 on average using the Logitech G1
Insane
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States4991 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-04 05:57:43
September 04 2009 05:57 GMT
#6
I can't get better than 56.8 :O

My mouse is a Logitech MX510. I never installed any mouseware or anything, just whatever Vista installs by default.

It might be possible to click faster though, I feel like I don't click physically as fast as some people could
FirstBorn
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
Romania3955 Posts
September 04 2009 05:57 GMT
#7
My lowest was 46 although I'm not sure that's good or bad.
SonuvBob: Yes, the majority of TL is college-aged, and thus clearly stupid.
wok
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States504 Posts
September 04 2009 05:59 GMT
#8
I'm treating it as a contest so that we can see the minimum increment where your average bottoms out. And @Roffles, if by "they" you mean me... the code is open... I stole bits and pieces of the internet, but it's only like 15 lines total.

How it works: grabs time of your mousedown, grabs time of your mouseup. Subtracts them, that's your "rebound delay." Then average 5 of those.
I'll race you to defeatism... you win.
loft
Profile Joined July 2009
United States344 Posts
September 04 2009 05:59 GMT
#9
ASIAN edition salmosa Click 5 times on this page!
31
31
31
6
15
Average: 22.8
wok
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States504 Posts
September 04 2009 05:59 GMT
#10
On September 04 2009 14:57 FirstBorn wrote:
My lowest was 46 although I'm not sure that's good or bad.


That's why I'm putting this up, so I can make the case that there is a huge spread of rebound delays.
I'll race you to defeatism... you win.
Wilko
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany470 Posts
September 04 2009 06:01 GMT
#11
i got 26.2
But i often showes NaN, why is that so?
phosphorylation
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2935 Posts
September 04 2009 06:02 GMT
#12
I can hit 60 pretty easily. I have a random samsung mouse.
Buy prints of my photographs at Redbubble -> http://www.redbubble.com/people/shoenberg3
wok
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States504 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-04 06:05:45
September 04 2009 06:03 GMT
#13
On September 04 2009 15:01 Wilko wrote:
i got 26.2
But i often showes NaN, why is that so?


Cuz I'm a noob programmer and didn't bother to stress test it. What browser? Was able to reproduce. I'm going to make a "click me" button.
I'll race you to defeatism... you win.
404.Delirium
Profile Joined May 2008
United States1190 Posts
September 04 2009 06:05 GMT
#14
Pro-tip. Hold down the mouse button a little bit on each one =p

I was 120+.
seriously next disrespectful comment in this blog is ip ban. Be happy or get the hell out. // SC2 is like playing with neutral-colored Play-Doh while BW is like colorful Legos.
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
September 04 2009 06:05 GMT
#15
On September 04 2009 15:01 Wilko wrote:
i got 26.2
But i often showes NaN, why is that so?


I think that's because you're doing your first click too soon after refreshing, but I could be wrong.


I got about 40 with the Diamondback 3G.
Wilko
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany470 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-04 06:07:22
September 04 2009 06:06 GMT
#16
23.2 with Razer Lachesis

I use Firefox as browser
IHurtMyBackHo
Profile Joined August 2009
United States32 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-04 06:09:11
September 04 2009 06:07 GMT
#17
Click 5 times on this page!
1
15
15
23
15
Average: 13.8

I have a crappy 10 dollar Microsoft mouse. =P
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
September 04 2009 06:08 GMT
#18
So it just measures the time you keep your button clicked, right? Lowest: 25.6 on Logitech G5

Click 5 times on this page!
45
20
23
39
1
Average: 25.6
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
CubEdIn
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
Romania5359 Posts
September 04 2009 06:09 GMT
#19
On September 04 2009 15:05 404.Delirium wrote:
Pro-tip. Hold down the mouse button a little bit on each one =p

I was 120+.


ROFL, you're supposed to get a really low score. The idea is to have your button stay clicked as little as possible when you're trying to "click" something not select it. So 120+ is bad. Under 50 is good i guess.
Im not a n00b, I just play like one.
Wilko
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany470 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-04 06:15:09
September 04 2009 06:11 GMT
#20
I clicked on that mouse like a moron
I should have first read the instruction
It's about rebound and not "how fast can u click" XD

~edit~

So:

7
9
7
7
9
Average: 7.8

with Razer Lachesis
1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
Clem vs Harstem
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason220
BRAT_OK 73
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14617
BeSt 367
Mini 233
Dewaltoss 149
Mind 90
Zeus 50
hero 44
Hyun 41
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 25
[ Show more ]
NaDa 20
PianO 19
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
qojqva3025
420jenkins450
Counter-Strike
fl0m4181
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5698
Khaldor1320
Liquid`Hasu1077
MindelVK15
Other Games
summit1g2031
FrodaN1932
B2W.Neo767
byalli402
Hui .244
QueenE77
Railgan60
Mew2King35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1168
BasetradeTV217
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
StarCraft 2
angryscii 27
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 35
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 22
• FirePhoenix6
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3927
Other Games
• imaqtpie800
• Shiphtur274
• WagamamaTV260
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
19m
BSL Open Qualifier
19m
Replay Cast
4h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 19m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
16h 19m
Monday Night Weeklies
21h 19m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 16h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.