• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:39
CEST 08:39
KST 15:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8580 users

[Patch 1.0.0.144: Diana] General Discussion - Page 27

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 183 Next
wussleeQ
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States3130 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-03 07:06:17
August 03 2012 07:05 GMT
#521
On August 03 2012 15:57 De4ngus wrote:
holy shet twitch is fuck broken

o yea especially with nunu......

He's actually really good with a lot of supports. I like soraka for AA, grenade lob, expunge harass... such bs lol but he does do well in prolonged all in type fights too with other supports.
BW -> League -> CSGO
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
August 03 2012 07:08 GMT
#522
I feel twitch is one of those champs that if you are really really really good at him, you own pretty much every botlane. However if ur just 'ok' with him you will most likely lose to an equally skilled opponent.

Twitch is aggromagnet in teamfights (OMFG HES HERE NUKE HIM), where for example ezreal (hes gonna shift away anyway) and urgot (hes to tanky anyway) wont be such a big focus.
KCCO!
Fuzzmosis
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada752 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-03 07:13:28
August 03 2012 07:08 GMT
#523
Yep, I was wrong in my application of stacks after testing. It does entirely renew, not just overwrite. So my complain about it being weaker is false using my logic.

Doesn't make sense to me logically in the context of a damage over time ability that stacks, but I suppose it is consistant with other abilities in the game. So, much of my ranting is around 99% wrong.
I'm From Canada, so they think I'm slow, eh?
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
August 03 2012 07:16 GMT
#524
Its ok, grouphug for trying
KCCO!
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
August 03 2012 07:19 GMT
#525
We'll call this page "Lessons Learned In Theorycrafting: Playing the Game is Cool, too". :D
:3
De4ngus
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States6533 Posts
August 03 2012 07:36 GMT
#526
On August 03 2012 16:05 wussleeQ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2012 15:57 De4ngus wrote:
holy shet twitch is fuck broken

o yea especially with nunu......

He's actually really good with a lot of supports. I like soraka for AA, grenade lob, expunge harass... such bs lol but he does do well in prolonged all in type fights too with other supports.

wasnt support nunu but ok sure that works too
GANDHISAUCE
Lorken
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand804 Posts
August 03 2012 07:38 GMT
#527
I've recently started playing ARAM and I enjoy it very much. Last game, a guy left during champ select and rejoined again. I was pretty pissed off with this so all game, I focused him and shit talked to him with stuff stuff like "yo graves, maybe you shouldn't play ARAM if you don't know what it means" and "Maybe you should have left again since you're pretty bad with this guy too" etc. I'm still very pissed off about it and need to chillax, but was what I did bad? Most of my team was doing it at the start too (it was another guy's idea in champ select when I told them he was the leaver) but I was the only person who was doing it throughout the game. It just really really annoys me especially after I've finally gotten into a game after 4-5 dodges in a row.

Also, Shaco is a really fun jungler, I love how badly you can continuously punish the enemies mistakes with him because he's really fast. I noticed he scales really nicely with attack speed, which is normally a lot cheaper than damage to buy.
LOUD NOISES!!!
eagle
Profile Joined April 2009
United States693 Posts
August 03 2012 07:43 GMT
#528
shaco is a real bad jungler if u fail or dont get any kills you will lose
JackDino
Profile Joined July 2010
Gabon6219 Posts
August 03 2012 07:45 GMT
#529
On August 03 2012 16:43 eagle wrote:
shaco is a real bad jungler if u fail or dont get any kills you will lose

You won't lose, you just won't be as usefull as the other jungler.
This isnt Broodwar so I dont owe anyone respect for beating me. -arb
Lorken
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand804 Posts
August 03 2012 08:02 GMT
#530
lol, I like bullying whoever's doing the worst on the enemy team. The more negative a guy is the more demoralizing it is for the enemy team. I know what you mean though, when I first started I was so shit and even now it's really frustrating when all of your lanes are pushed because you can't do well just farming in jungle as shaco and I really hate ganking when it's pushed to the tower or even past river. It hardly ever works, is very risky and is a waste everyone's time.
LOUD NOISES!!!
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
August 03 2012 08:05 GMT
#531
I hate how this game's team fights all devolve down to how much AOE each team has. Whoever has more aoe just wins the team fight straight up.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 03 2012 08:07 GMT
#532
On August 03 2012 17:05 IMoperator wrote:
I hate how this game's team fights all devolve down to how much AOE each team has. Whoever has more aoe just wins the team fight straight up.


That is so not true.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
August 03 2012 08:08 GMT
#533
On August 03 2012 17:07 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2012 17:05 IMoperator wrote:
I hate how this game's team fights all devolve down to how much AOE each team has. Whoever has more aoe just wins the team fight straight up.


That is so not true.

How isn't it true?
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
August 03 2012 08:13 GMT
#534
On August 03 2012 17:08 IMoperator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2012 17:07 Sufficiency wrote:
On August 03 2012 17:05 IMoperator wrote:
I hate how this game's team fights all devolve down to how much AOE each team has. Whoever has more aoe just wins the team fight straight up.


That is so not true.

How isn't it true?

Because it's not. Ever heard of an AD carry?
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
August 03 2012 08:14 GMT
#535
On August 03 2012 16:38 Lorken wrote:
I've recently started playing ARAM and I enjoy it very much. Last game, a guy left during champ select and rejoined again. I was pretty pissed off with this so all game, I focused him and shit talked to him with stuff stuff like "yo graves, maybe you shouldn't play ARAM if you don't know what it means" and "Maybe you should have left again since you're pretty bad with this guy too" etc. I'm still very pissed off about it and need to chillax, but was what I did bad? Most of my team was doing it at the start too (it was another guy's idea in champ select when I told them he was the leaver) but I was the only person who was doing it throughout the game. It just really really annoys me especially after I've finally gotten into a game after 4-5 dodges in a row.

Also, Shaco is a really fun jungler, I love how badly you can continuously punish the enemies mistakes with him because he's really fast. I noticed he scales really nicely with attack speed, which is normally a lot cheaper than damage to buy.


Yes it was bad, yes you should feel bad doing it and you should try not to do it again. Believe it or not, you really just made yourself look like a complete ass to at least five other people. Some guy left in an ARAM, getting upset about it when the guy for all you know had a reason to do such is kinda just childish.

It wasn't his fault that you had five dodges in a row, so taking it out on him is essentially using him as a whipping boy for your frustration. The general question you have to ask on how to act in League can be summed up with "Would I be okay if this was happening to me?" unless you happen to be a masochist you shouldn't get in any trouble.

Don't worry, everyone gets angry on occasion no ones perfect so long as you don't rage all game every game you'll be fine.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
Ryuu314
Profile Joined October 2009
United States12679 Posts
August 03 2012 08:14 GMT
#536
On August 03 2012 17:08 IMoperator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2012 17:07 Sufficiency wrote:
On August 03 2012 17:05 IMoperator wrote:
I hate how this game's team fights all devolve down to how much AOE each team has. Whoever has more aoe just wins the team fight straight up.


That is so not true.

How isn't it true?

it just simply isn't. aoe teams tend to do very well in low to mid elo solo queue because it's the easiest team composition to run with little coordination. it also requires the least amount of team fighting knowledge/skill to do. but it's definitely not the single defining factor.

remember poke comps? how bout 4 protect 1 comps? there are definitely other ways to win team fights than just massive aoe. Massive aoe just happens to be the easiest to run in solo q.
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12010 Posts
August 03 2012 08:14 GMT
#537
On August 03 2012 16:38 Lorken wrote:
I've recently started playing ARAM and I enjoy it very much. Last game, a guy left during champ select and rejoined again. I was pretty pissed off with this so all game, I focused him and shit talked to him with stuff stuff like "yo graves, maybe you shouldn't play ARAM if you don't know what it means" and "Maybe you should have left again since you're pretty bad with this guy too" etc. I'm still very pissed off about it and need to chillax, but was what I did bad? Most of my team was doing it at the start too (it was another guy's idea in champ select when I told them he was the leaver) but I was the only person who was doing it throughout the game. It just really really annoys me especially after I've finally gotten into a game after 4-5 dodges in a row.

Also, Shaco is a really fun jungler, I love how badly you can continuously punish the enemies mistakes with him because he's really fast. I noticed he scales really nicely with attack speed, which is normally a lot cheaper than damage to buy.


That's how aram works. You always get at least 5 dodges per game, because there is absolutely no repercussion for dodging, and some people don't like the random part of aram, but don't do amblind or amdraft either. I won't even pretend to understand WHY they would be doing that, it sounds completely retarded to me, but people on the internet do stuff that makes no sense whatsoever to me all the time.

If the same guy rejoins, there are two possibilities. Either he gets banned, in which case everything is fine, or he does not, in which case i will then leave since more often then not, that guy will keep doing that until he gets a winning team (often is is actually one of the guys premade with the game owner, which makes it even more pathetic). I also make sure that people know its the same guy again, which usually ends with everyone else also leaving that game, since noone likes those guys.

In my opinion, there should be some repercussion for dodging in arams, but obviously that is hard to implement since you can't really apply it to every custom game, it would be silly if you are playing with friends and have to remake in selection for some reason and then can't rejoin for 15 minutes, for example. But the amount of leavers in ARAM is getting to ludicrous levels, and it is REALLY annoying.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-03 08:22:35
August 03 2012 08:17 GMT
#538
On August 03 2012 17:08 IMoperator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2012 17:07 Sufficiency wrote:
On August 03 2012 17:05 IMoperator wrote:
I hate how this game's team fights all devolve down to how much AOE each team has. Whoever has more aoe just wins the team fight straight up.


That is so not true.

How isn't it true?

AoE focused team comps do exist, but they've been fairly phased out in higher tourney play, as most strong AoE ulti spells have very long cooldown, and due to new meta of more frequent smaller skirmishes (such as fighting for every buff, big 3-4man ganks on lanes), AoE focused team comps sacrifice a lot of early/mid game strength, for strong lategame strength. New comps are far more balanced. I'm sure there's a "comp" thread out there, but here are some of the basic ones.

Protect the hyper carry
-The dig variation, make hyper carry into tank as well. (lulu/raka/other support)
-The tank line (gp is popular for this).

Poke comps

Counter jungling comps

The 1v2 lane comps (choosing solo laners that can do okay in 1v2 situation), fairly new. popular champions are gp, shen, rumble for these lanes.

straight up lane counter comps.

global comps
-da karthus version
-da tf/shen/nocturne

split push all day comp.
liftlift > tsm
UniversalSnip
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
9871 Posts
August 03 2012 08:22 GMT
#539
aram rage... real.
"How fucking dare you defile the sanctity of DotA with your fucking casual plebian terminology? May the curse of Gaben and Volvo be upon you. le filthy casual."
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
August 03 2012 08:30 GMT
#540
On August 03 2012 17:14 Simberto wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2012 16:38 Lorken wrote:
I've recently started playing ARAM and I enjoy it very much. Last game, a guy left during champ select and rejoined again. I was pretty pissed off with this so all game, I focused him and shit talked to him with stuff stuff like "yo graves, maybe you shouldn't play ARAM if you don't know what it means" and "Maybe you should have left again since you're pretty bad with this guy too" etc. I'm still very pissed off about it and need to chillax, but was what I did bad? Most of my team was doing it at the start too (it was another guy's idea in champ select when I told them he was the leaver) but I was the only person who was doing it throughout the game. It just really really annoys me especially after I've finally gotten into a game after 4-5 dodges in a row.

Also, Shaco is a really fun jungler, I love how badly you can continuously punish the enemies mistakes with him because he's really fast. I noticed he scales really nicely with attack speed, which is normally a lot cheaper than damage to buy.


That's how aram works. You always get at least 5 dodges per game, because there is absolutely no repercussion for dodging, and some people don't like the random part of aram, but don't do amblind or amdraft either. I won't even pretend to understand WHY they would be doing that, it sounds completely retarded to me, but people on the internet do stuff that makes no sense whatsoever to me all the time.

If the same guy rejoins, there are two possibilities. Either he gets banned, in which case everything is fine, or he does not, in which case i will then leave since more often then not, that guy will keep doing that until he gets a winning team (often is is actually one of the guys premade with the game owner, which makes it even more pathetic). I also make sure that people know its the same guy again, which usually ends with everyone else also leaving that game, since noone likes those guys.

In my opinion, there should be some repercussion for dodging in arams, but obviously that is hard to implement since you can't really apply it to every custom game, it would be silly if you are playing with friends and have to remake in selection for some reason and then can't rejoin for 15 minutes, for example. But the amount of leavers in ARAM is getting to ludicrous levels, and it is REALLY annoying.


The problem with ARAM is that there are comps which are so sad that there is no way you can win.
There is also the problem of perceived brokenness of certain champions in ARAM.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 183 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 160
-ZergGirl 73
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1473
Hyuk 223
910 84
Bale 29
NotJumperer 21
ZergMaN 21
yabsab 14
Icarus 10
League of Legends
JimRising 594
Reynor66
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King269
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor302
Other Games
summit1g6954
WinterStarcraft400
PiGStarcraft246
Sick223
Livibee163
ceh9126
Happy110
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick607
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream242
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2348
League of Legends
• Stunt507
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
4h 21m
Stellar Fest
6h 21m
The PondCast
1d 3h
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 6h
OSC
1d 17h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.