• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:22
CEST 15:22
KST 22:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War465.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7821 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 1076

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
JOJOsc2news
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
3000 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-12 20:26:27
May 12 2012 20:26 GMT
#21501
On May 13 2012 04:36 Synwave wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2012 03:09 beetlelisk wrote:
On May 13 2012 03:05 Cokefreak wrote:
Lorch was just temp banned for 2 days by GMarshal.

That account was created on 2011-06-27 17:58:17 and had 1232 posts.

Reason: I only read the part where you said you were going to be banned. Martyring = instant ban.

How does someone that's been here for almost a year not know what martyring results into ._. but I guess he was trying to use it to prove his point as demonstrated below.
On May 13 2012 02:34 Lorch wrote:
The fact that JP was warned for his post on tl is such a fucking joke, I feel like the tl dictatorship needs to loosen up a bit and not run around banning/warning for totally retarded reasons.

Other than that I feel really bad for JP. He just wanted to allow the community to ask sundance some questions about this huge announcement, personally I really enjoyed the show and thought it was really cool that they put it together so quickly. The sc2 community nowadays really needs to pull the stick out of their asses and chill out more, the fact that sponsors are getting messaged on a almost weekly base for some random shit, tournaments are flammed for stuff instead of praised for the fact that we even have these amazing tournaments all over the planet and now we also bitch about free content? I really wish I could go back in time and kick the morrons who led up to orbs loosing his job/destiny getting shitted on/jp raging on the community (rightful imo) in their fucking asses.
The most ironic part is that I'm probably gonna get banned from tl for expressing my opinion, cool censorship guys.

User was temp banned for this post.


I don't get what was the point of adding the last line. I could express my opinion and question Nazgul's ban once and there was no problem at all


Nothing to see here, move it along folks


I see what you did there.
✉ Tweets @sc2channel ⌦ Blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/JOJO ⌫ "Arbiterssss... build more arbiterssss." Click 'Profile' for awesome shiro art!
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
May 12 2012 20:35 GMT
#21502
trololo
wwww
Anacletus
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States733 Posts
May 12 2012 21:34 GMT
#21503
On May 11 2012 19:59 marttorn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2012 09:56 kerpal wrote:
i actually scoured TL and found a pic of intrigue, right when that confusion was at it's highest and i was beginning to doubt everything i ever knew


Well, it's not very difficult to find pictures of staff members.


I think it would be hilarious if R1CH posed for this whilst wearing a wizard hat.

http://talk-to-stimey-please.1324083.n2.nabble.com/
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
May 12 2012 22:24 GMT
#21504
On May 13 2012 06:34 Anacletus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2012 19:59 marttorn wrote:
On May 11 2012 09:56 kerpal wrote:
i actually scoured TL and found a pic of intrigue, right when that confusion was at it's highest and i was beginning to doubt everything i ever knew


Well, it's not very difficult to find pictures of staff members.


I think it would be hilarious if R1CH posed for this whilst wearing a wizard hat.


Umm... He is wearing an invisible wizard hat in that pic.
Angel_
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1617 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-13 02:58:49
May 13 2012 02:58 GMT
#21505
Based on those photos, there is a direct correlation between the attrativeness of a staff member and how much they scare me. With few exceptions. /runs away
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
May 13 2012 05:05 GMT
#21506
I find this thread to be about all moderation actions taken and so I have a question.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=337114&currentpage=13#252
On May 13 2012 06:54 Acritter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2012 06:38 Theovide wrote:
On May 13 2012 06:33 babybell wrote:
I don't understand why people are so focused on Scarlett getting a new team after all 4 players went teamless. Personally, I don't like Scarlett as a starcraft player. Her winning all the female tournaments is not very fair from my standpoint. Wouldn't be too thrilled to see her on Team Liquid or EG.

So she should deny the invitations? Also, she showed very good results at IPL4 aswell.

One thing that always confuses me aswell, is that the critics of Scarlett seems to think she's transgendered as a choice to win female tournaments, and that's just absurd. Afaik there is genetic studies that has showed that transgendered peoples brains are more like those of the gender they are not born as, than the gender they are born as, and from there it comes that they start feeling like they are a man trapped in a womans body or the otherway around.

Allow me to preface this by saying I support Scarlett, and am interested to see where she takes her career.

Although it is obvious that Scarlett's choice to undergo a prolonged surgery to restructure the most fundamental aspect of human identity was not prompted by anything as petty as winning SC2 tournaments, there is a bit of a conundrum there regarding whether to treat her as a female or not. It is well-known that men on average do in fact have faster reaction times than women, and it's not entirely clear what effect the surgery has on this fact. Given that Scarlett has been leaving all the other female competitors in the dust, it isn't completely out of the question that her male birth gives her an innate advantage. If this is the case, it may not be appropriate to let her compete in the female-only tournaments, as she isn't really playing the same game as the rest of them. Then again, she could just be Tossgirl 2.0. We simply don't have any conclusive evidence either way. I'm not sure which side of the issue I come down on, but I think it's something that'll have to be discussed at some point or other. We'll have to wait and see.

As far as Scarlett herself is concerned, I think she should keep on collecting free wins against lower-skilled opponents. She's a progamer. She does this for a living. As long as she isn't cheating or in any other way degrading the scene, I don't care WHAT she does to make money, just like I don't care what any other progamer does to get their prize money.

That'll be the end of my little monologue. I find it very interesting, and it's what makes Scarlett such a fascinating player to me.

User was warned for this post

Was this user warned for offtopic or something else?
wwww
Jisall
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2054 Posts
May 13 2012 05:10 GMT
#21507
On May 13 2012 14:05 beetlelisk wrote:
I find this thread to be about all moderation actions taken and so I have a question.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=337114&currentpage=13#252
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2012 06:54 Acritter wrote:
On May 13 2012 06:38 Theovide wrote:
On May 13 2012 06:33 babybell wrote:
I don't understand why people are so focused on Scarlett getting a new team after all 4 players went teamless. Personally, I don't like Scarlett as a starcraft player. Her winning all the female tournaments is not very fair from my standpoint. Wouldn't be too thrilled to see her on Team Liquid or EG.

So she should deny the invitations? Also, she showed very good results at IPL4 aswell.

One thing that always confuses me aswell, is that the critics of Scarlett seems to think she's transgendered as a choice to win female tournaments, and that's just absurd. Afaik there is genetic studies that has showed that transgendered peoples brains are more like those of the gender they are not born as, than the gender they are born as, and from there it comes that they start feeling like they are a man trapped in a womans body or the otherway around.

Allow me to preface this by saying I support Scarlett, and am interested to see where she takes her career.

Although it is obvious that Scarlett's choice to undergo a prolonged surgery to restructure the most fundamental aspect of human identity was not prompted by anything as petty as winning SC2 tournaments, there is a bit of a conundrum there regarding whether to treat her as a female or not. It is well-known that men on average do in fact have faster reaction times than women, and it's not entirely clear what effect the surgery has on this fact. Given that Scarlett has been leaving all the other female competitors in the dust, it isn't completely out of the question that her male birth gives her an innate advantage. If this is the case, it may not be appropriate to let her compete in the female-only tournaments, as she isn't really playing the same game as the rest of them. Then again, she could just be Tossgirl 2.0. We simply don't have any conclusive evidence either way. I'm not sure which side of the issue I come down on, but I think it's something that'll have to be discussed at some point or other. We'll have to wait and see.

As far as Scarlett herself is concerned, I think she should keep on collecting free wins against lower-skilled opponents. She's a progamer. She does this for a living. As long as she isn't cheating or in any other way degrading the scene, I don't care WHAT she does to make money, just like I don't care what any other progamer does to get their prize money.

That'll be the end of my little monologue. I find it very interesting, and it's what makes Scarlett such a fascinating player to me.

User was warned for this post

Was this user warned for offtopic or something else?


My guess would be a trying to start a gender debate.
Monk: Because being a badass is more fun then playing a dude wearing a scarf.. ... Ite fuck it, Witch Doctor cuz I like killing stuff in a timely mannor.
Shana
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Indonesia1814 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-13 05:13:59
May 13 2012 05:13 GMT
#21508
On May 13 2012 14:05 beetlelisk wrote:
I find this thread to be about all moderation actions taken and so I have a question.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=337114&currentpage=13#252
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2012 06:54 Acritter wrote:
On May 13 2012 06:38 Theovide wrote:
On May 13 2012 06:33 babybell wrote:
I don't understand why people are so focused on Scarlett getting a new team after all 4 players went teamless. Personally, I don't like Scarlett as a starcraft player. Her winning all the female tournaments is not very fair from my standpoint. Wouldn't be too thrilled to see her on Team Liquid or EG.

So she should deny the invitations? Also, she showed very good results at IPL4 aswell.

One thing that always confuses me aswell, is that the critics of Scarlett seems to think she's transgendered as a choice to win female tournaments, and that's just absurd. Afaik there is genetic studies that has showed that transgendered peoples brains are more like those of the gender they are not born as, than the gender they are born as, and from there it comes that they start feeling like they are a man trapped in a womans body or the otherway around.

Allow me to preface this by saying I support Scarlett, and am interested to see where she takes her career.

Although it is obvious that Scarlett's choice to undergo a prolonged surgery to restructure the most fundamental aspect of human identity was not prompted by anything as petty as winning SC2 tournaments, there is a bit of a conundrum there regarding whether to treat her as a female or not. It is well-known that men on average do in fact have faster reaction times than women, and it's not entirely clear what effect the surgery has on this fact. Given that Scarlett has been leaving all the other female competitors in the dust, it isn't completely out of the question that her male birth gives her an innate advantage. If this is the case, it may not be appropriate to let her compete in the female-only tournaments, as she isn't really playing the same game as the rest of them. Then again, she could just be Tossgirl 2.0. We simply don't have any conclusive evidence either way. I'm not sure which side of the issue I come down on, but I think it's something that'll have to be discussed at some point or other. We'll have to wait and see.

As far as Scarlett herself is concerned, I think she should keep on collecting free wins against lower-skilled opponents. She's a progamer. She does this for a living. As long as she isn't cheating or in any other way degrading the scene, I don't care WHAT she does to make money, just like I don't care what any other progamer does to get their prize money.

That'll be the end of my little monologue. I find it very interesting, and it's what makes Scarlett such a fascinating player to me.

User was warned for this post

Was this user warned for offtopic or something else?


Mod note

The gender discussion ends on page 16.
The starcraft discussion resumes on page 16.

Thank you.

Believing in what lies ahead. | That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet.
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
May 13 2012 05:19 GMT
#21509
On May 13 2012 14:10 Jisall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2012 14:05 beetlelisk wrote:
I find this thread to be about all moderation actions taken and so I have a question.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=337114&currentpage=13#252
On May 13 2012 06:54 Acritter wrote:
On May 13 2012 06:38 Theovide wrote:
On May 13 2012 06:33 babybell wrote:
I don't understand why people are so focused on Scarlett getting a new team after all 4 players went teamless. Personally, I don't like Scarlett as a starcraft player. Her winning all the female tournaments is not very fair from my standpoint. Wouldn't be too thrilled to see her on Team Liquid or EG.

So she should deny the invitations? Also, she showed very good results at IPL4 aswell.

One thing that always confuses me aswell, is that the critics of Scarlett seems to think she's transgendered as a choice to win female tournaments, and that's just absurd. Afaik there is genetic studies that has showed that transgendered peoples brains are more like those of the gender they are not born as, than the gender they are born as, and from there it comes that they start feeling like they are a man trapped in a womans body or the otherway around.

Allow me to preface this by saying I support Scarlett, and am interested to see where she takes her career.

Although it is obvious that Scarlett's choice to undergo a prolonged surgery to restructure the most fundamental aspect of human identity was not prompted by anything as petty as winning SC2 tournaments, there is a bit of a conundrum there regarding whether to treat her as a female or not. It is well-known that men on average do in fact have faster reaction times than women, and it's not entirely clear what effect the surgery has on this fact. Given that Scarlett has been leaving all the other female competitors in the dust, it isn't completely out of the question that her male birth gives her an innate advantage. If this is the case, it may not be appropriate to let her compete in the female-only tournaments, as she isn't really playing the same game as the rest of them. Then again, she could just be Tossgirl 2.0. We simply don't have any conclusive evidence either way. I'm not sure which side of the issue I come down on, but I think it's something that'll have to be discussed at some point or other. We'll have to wait and see.

As far as Scarlett herself is concerned, I think she should keep on collecting free wins against lower-skilled opponents. She's a progamer. She does this for a living. As long as she isn't cheating or in any other way degrading the scene, I don't care WHAT she does to make money, just like I don't care what any other progamer does to get their prize money.

That'll be the end of my little monologue. I find it very interesting, and it's what makes Scarlett such a fascinating player to me.

User was warned for this post

Was this user warned for offtopic or something else?


My guess would be a trying to start a gender debate.

He wasn't the first to use word "gender". I'm not sure if that's it.

On May 13 2012 14:13 Shana wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2012 14:05 beetlelisk wrote:
I find this thread to be about all moderation actions taken and so I have a question.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=337114&currentpage=13#252
On May 13 2012 06:54 Acritter wrote:
On May 13 2012 06:38 Theovide wrote:
On May 13 2012 06:33 babybell wrote:
I don't understand why people are so focused on Scarlett getting a new team after all 4 players went teamless. Personally, I don't like Scarlett as a starcraft player. Her winning all the female tournaments is not very fair from my standpoint. Wouldn't be too thrilled to see her on Team Liquid or EG.

So she should deny the invitations? Also, she showed very good results at IPL4 aswell.

One thing that always confuses me aswell, is that the critics of Scarlett seems to think she's transgendered as a choice to win female tournaments, and that's just absurd. Afaik there is genetic studies that has showed that transgendered peoples brains are more like those of the gender they are not born as, than the gender they are born as, and from there it comes that they start feeling like they are a man trapped in a womans body or the otherway around.

Allow me to preface this by saying I support Scarlett, and am interested to see where she takes her career.

Although it is obvious that Scarlett's choice to undergo a prolonged surgery to restructure the most fundamental aspect of human identity was not prompted by anything as petty as winning SC2 tournaments, there is a bit of a conundrum there regarding whether to treat her as a female or not. It is well-known that men on average do in fact have faster reaction times than women, and it's not entirely clear what effect the surgery has on this fact. Given that Scarlett has been leaving all the other female competitors in the dust, it isn't completely out of the question that her male birth gives her an innate advantage. If this is the case, it may not be appropriate to let her compete in the female-only tournaments, as she isn't really playing the same game as the rest of them. Then again, she could just be Tossgirl 2.0. We simply don't have any conclusive evidence either way. I'm not sure which side of the issue I come down on, but I think it's something that'll have to be discussed at some point or other. We'll have to wait and see.

As far as Scarlett herself is concerned, I think she should keep on collecting free wins against lower-skilled opponents. She's a progamer. She does this for a living. As long as she isn't cheating or in any other way degrading the scene, I don't care WHAT she does to make money, just like I don't care what any other progamer does to get their prize money.

That'll be the end of my little monologue. I find it very interesting, and it's what makes Scarlett such a fascinating player to me.

User was warned for this post

Was this user warned for offtopic or something else?


Mod note

Show nested quote +
The gender discussion ends on page 16.
The starcraft discussion resumes on page 16.

Thank you.


Yep, except the post is from page 13.
wwww
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
May 13 2012 05:35 GMT
#21510
Wow...it took awhile after he had his thread closed, well, longer than I expected anyway:

FanOfincontrol was just banned by EvilTeletubby.

That account was created on 2012-05-04 07:41:17 and had 5 posts.

Reason: You're an idiot.


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=337255
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
Jisall
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2054 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-13 05:41:38
May 13 2012 05:38 GMT
#21511
On May 13 2012 14:19 beetlelisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2012 14:10 Jisall wrote:
On May 13 2012 14:05 beetlelisk wrote:
I find this thread to be about all moderation actions taken and so I have a question.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=337114&currentpage=13#252
On May 13 2012 06:54 Acritter wrote:
On May 13 2012 06:38 Theovide wrote:
On May 13 2012 06:33 babybell wrote:
I don't understand why people are so focused on Scarlett getting a new team after all 4 players went teamless. Personally, I don't like Scarlett as a starcraft player. Her winning all the female tournaments is not very fair from my standpoint. Wouldn't be too thrilled to see her on Team Liquid or EG.

So she should deny the invitations? Also, she showed very good results at IPL4 aswell.

One thing that always confuses me aswell, is that the critics of Scarlett seems to think she's transgendered as a choice to win female tournaments, and that's just absurd. Afaik there is genetic studies that has showed that transgendered peoples brains are more like those of the gender they are not born as, than the gender they are born as, and from there it comes that they start feeling like they are a man trapped in a womans body or the otherway around.

Allow me to preface this by saying I support Scarlett, and am interested to see where she takes her career.

Although it is obvious that Scarlett's choice to undergo a prolonged surgery to restructure the most fundamental aspect of human identity was not prompted by anything as petty as winning SC2 tournaments, there is a bit of a conundrum there regarding whether to treat her as a female or not. It is well-known that men on average do in fact have faster reaction times than women, and it's not entirely clear what effect the surgery has on this fact. Given that Scarlett has been leaving all the other female competitors in the dust, it isn't completely out of the question that her male birth gives her an innate advantage. If this is the case, it may not be appropriate to let her compete in the female-only tournaments, as she isn't really playing the same game as the rest of them. Then again, she could just be Tossgirl 2.0. We simply don't have any conclusive evidence either way. I'm not sure which side of the issue I come down on, but I think it's something that'll have to be discussed at some point or other. We'll have to wait and see.

As far as Scarlett herself is concerned, I think she should keep on collecting free wins against lower-skilled opponents. She's a progamer. She does this for a living. As long as she isn't cheating or in any other way degrading the scene, I don't care WHAT she does to make money, just like I don't care what any other progamer does to get their prize money.

That'll be the end of my little monologue. I find it very interesting, and it's what makes Scarlett such a fascinating player to me.

User was warned for this post

Was this user warned for offtopic or something else?


My guess would be a trying to start a gender debate.

He wasn't the first to use word "gender". I'm not sure if that's it.

Show nested quote +
On May 13 2012 14:13 Shana wrote:
On May 13 2012 14:05 beetlelisk wrote:
I find this thread to be about all moderation actions taken and so I have a question.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=337114&currentpage=13#252
On May 13 2012 06:54 Acritter wrote:
On May 13 2012 06:38 Theovide wrote:
On May 13 2012 06:33 babybell wrote:
I don't understand why people are so focused on Scarlett getting a new team after all 4 players went teamless. Personally, I don't like Scarlett as a starcraft player. Her winning all the female tournaments is not very fair from my standpoint. Wouldn't be too thrilled to see her on Team Liquid or EG.

So she should deny the invitations? Also, she showed very good results at IPL4 aswell.

One thing that always confuses me aswell, is that the critics of Scarlett seems to think she's transgendered as a choice to win female tournaments, and that's just absurd. Afaik there is genetic studies that has showed that transgendered peoples brains are more like those of the gender they are not born as, than the gender they are born as, and from there it comes that they start feeling like they are a man trapped in a womans body or the otherway around.

Allow me to preface this by saying I support Scarlett, and am interested to see where she takes her career.

Although it is obvious that Scarlett's choice to undergo a prolonged surgery to restructure the most fundamental aspect of human identity was not prompted by anything as petty as winning SC2 tournaments, there is a bit of a conundrum there regarding whether to treat her as a female or not. It is well-known that men on average do in fact have faster reaction times than women, and it's not entirely clear what effect the surgery has on this fact. Given that Scarlett has been leaving all the other female competitors in the dust, it isn't completely out of the question that her male birth gives her an innate advantage. If this is the case, it may not be appropriate to let her compete in the female-only tournaments, as she isn't really playing the same game as the rest of them. Then again, she could just be Tossgirl 2.0. We simply don't have any conclusive evidence either way. I'm not sure which side of the issue I come down on, but I think it's something that'll have to be discussed at some point or other. We'll have to wait and see.

As far as Scarlett herself is concerned, I think she should keep on collecting free wins against lower-skilled opponents. She's a progamer. She does this for a living. As long as she isn't cheating or in any other way degrading the scene, I don't care WHAT she does to make money, just like I don't care what any other progamer does to get their prize money.

That'll be the end of my little monologue. I find it very interesting, and it's what makes Scarlett such a fascinating player to me.

User was warned for this post

Was this user warned for offtopic or something else?


Mod note

The gender discussion ends on page 16.
The starcraft discussion resumes on page 16.

Thank you.


Yep, except the post is from page 13.

likely why it was just a warning. Derailing a scarlett thread into a gender discussion is an old trick. The thread is about 4 players leaving a sc2 team.


On May 13 2012 14:35 TheAmazombie wrote:
Wow...it took awhile after he had his thread closed, well, longer than I expected anyway:

Show nested quote +
FanOfincontrol was just banned by EvilTeletubby.

That account was created on 2012-05-04 07:41:17 and had 5 posts.

Reason: You're an idiot.


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=337255


Lmfao, not sure what's better that thread or the link to white-ra's thread:
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=332663
Monk: Because being a badass is more fun then playing a dude wearing a scarf.. ... Ite fuck it, Witch Doctor cuz I like killing stuff in a timely mannor.
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
May 13 2012 05:38 GMT
#21512
How so? I banned him before I closed his thread.
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
Pillage
Profile Joined July 2011
United States804 Posts
May 13 2012 05:39 GMT
#21513
On May 13 2012 14:35 TheAmazombie wrote:
Wow...it took awhile after he had his thread closed, well, longer than I expected anyway:

Show nested quote +
FanOfincontrol was just banned by EvilTeletubby.

That account was created on 2012-05-04 07:41:17 and had 5 posts.

Reason: You're an idiot.


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=337255


what the f did i just read.
"Power has no limits." -Tiberius
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
May 13 2012 05:39 GMT
#21514
On May 13 2012 14:38 EvilTeletubby wrote:
How so? I banned him before I closed his thread.


Oh, it just didn't show up until a bit later. I had checked the thread right when it was closed, didn't see a ban post, then it wasn't until I posted that I had seen it show up. I didn't realize there was a bit of a lag on the bot there.
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
May 13 2012 05:45 GMT
#21515
On May 13 2012 14:38 EvilTeletubby wrote:
How so? I banned him before I closed his thread.

ETT you made me a sad panda it's not like I claim the right to your free time but you could PM me back
wwww
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
May 13 2012 05:51 GMT
#21516
sorry I haven't had the chance to formulate a proper reply in your thread and I didn't want to half-ass it on ya
Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
May 13 2012 05:54 GMT
#21517
On May 13 2012 14:51 EvilTeletubby wrote:
sorry I haven't had the chance to formulate a proper reply in your thread and I didn't want to half-ass it on ya

Thank You. I will be waiting, don't you forget to do that!
wwww
Deleuze
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom2102 Posts
May 13 2012 10:20 GMT
#21518
On May 13 2012 14:19 beetlelisk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 13 2012 14:10 Jisall wrote:
On May 13 2012 14:05 beetlelisk wrote:
I find this thread to be about all moderation actions taken and so I have a question.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=337114&currentpage=13#252
On May 13 2012 06:54 Acritter wrote:
On May 13 2012 06:38 Theovide wrote:
On May 13 2012 06:33 babybell wrote:
I don't understand why people are so focused on Scarlett getting a new team after all 4 players went teamless. Personally, I don't like Scarlett as a starcraft player. Her winning all the female tournaments is not very fair from my standpoint. Wouldn't be too thrilled to see her on Team Liquid or EG.

So she should deny the invitations? Also, she showed very good results at IPL4 aswell.

One thing that always confuses me aswell, is that the critics of Scarlett seems to think she's transgendered as a choice to win female tournaments, and that's just absurd. Afaik there is genetic studies that has showed that transgendered peoples brains are more like those of the gender they are not born as, than the gender they are born as, and from there it comes that they start feeling like they are a man trapped in a womans body or the otherway around.

Allow me to preface this by saying I support Scarlett, and am interested to see where she takes her career.

Although it is obvious that Scarlett's choice to undergo a prolonged surgery to restructure the most fundamental aspect of human identity was not prompted by anything as petty as winning SC2 tournaments, there is a bit of a conundrum there regarding whether to treat her as a female or not. It is well-known that men on average do in fact have faster reaction times than women, and it's not entirely clear what effect the surgery has on this fact. Given that Scarlett has been leaving all the other female competitors in the dust, it isn't completely out of the question that her male birth gives her an innate advantage. If this is the case, it may not be appropriate to let her compete in the female-only tournaments, as she isn't really playing the same game as the rest of them. Then again, she could just be Tossgirl 2.0. We simply don't have any conclusive evidence either way. I'm not sure which side of the issue I come down on, but I think it's something that'll have to be discussed at some point or other. We'll have to wait and see.

As far as Scarlett herself is concerned, I think she should keep on collecting free wins against lower-skilled opponents. She's a progamer. She does this for a living. As long as she isn't cheating or in any other way degrading the scene, I don't care WHAT she does to make money, just like I don't care what any other progamer does to get their prize money.

That'll be the end of my little monologue. I find it very interesting, and it's what makes Scarlett such a fascinating player to me.

User was warned for this post

Was this user warned for offtopic or something else?


My guess would be a trying to start a gender debate.

He wasn't the first to use word "gender". I'm not sure if that's it.

Show nested quote +
On May 13 2012 14:13 Shana wrote:
On May 13 2012 14:05 beetlelisk wrote:
I find this thread to be about all moderation actions taken and so I have a question.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=337114&currentpage=13#252
On May 13 2012 06:54 Acritter wrote:
On May 13 2012 06:38 Theovide wrote:
On May 13 2012 06:33 babybell wrote:
I don't understand why people are so focused on Scarlett getting a new team after all 4 players went teamless. Personally, I don't like Scarlett as a starcraft player. Her winning all the female tournaments is not very fair from my standpoint. Wouldn't be too thrilled to see her on Team Liquid or EG.

So she should deny the invitations? Also, she showed very good results at IPL4 aswell.

One thing that always confuses me aswell, is that the critics of Scarlett seems to think she's transgendered as a choice to win female tournaments, and that's just absurd. Afaik there is genetic studies that has showed that transgendered peoples brains are more like those of the gender they are not born as, than the gender they are born as, and from there it comes that they start feeling like they are a man trapped in a womans body or the otherway around.

Allow me to preface this by saying I support Scarlett, and am interested to see where she takes her career.

Although it is obvious that Scarlett's choice to undergo a prolonged surgery to restructure the most fundamental aspect of human identity was not prompted by anything as petty as winning SC2 tournaments, there is a bit of a conundrum there regarding whether to treat her as a female or not. It is well-known that men on average do in fact have faster reaction times than women, and it's not entirely clear what effect the surgery has on this fact. Given that Scarlett has been leaving all the other female competitors in the dust, it isn't completely out of the question that her male birth gives her an innate advantage. If this is the case, it may not be appropriate to let her compete in the female-only tournaments, as she isn't really playing the same game as the rest of them. Then again, she could just be Tossgirl 2.0. We simply don't have any conclusive evidence either way. I'm not sure which side of the issue I come down on, but I think it's something that'll have to be discussed at some point or other. We'll have to wait and see.

As far as Scarlett herself is concerned, I think she should keep on collecting free wins against lower-skilled opponents. She's a progamer. She does this for a living. As long as she isn't cheating or in any other way degrading the scene, I don't care WHAT she does to make money, just like I don't care what any other progamer does to get their prize money.

That'll be the end of my little monologue. I find it very interesting, and it's what makes Scarlett such a fascinating player to me.

User was warned for this post

Was this user warned for offtopic or something else?


Mod note

The gender discussion ends on page 16.
The starcraft discussion resumes on page 16.

Thank you.


Yep, except the post is from page 13.


It was clearly off topic and trans/gender discussion has been done to death and never ends well anyway. I guess the mod note was added afterwards because there were too many posters to warn and the mesage would not have gotten across.
“An image of thought called philosophy has been formed historically and it effectively stops people from thinking.” ― Gilles Deleuze, Dialogues II
Anacletus
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States733 Posts
May 13 2012 23:34 GMT
#21519
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=337417

Everyone get your popcorn out and ready!

http://talk-to-stimey-please.1324083.n2.nabble.com/
Jisall
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States2054 Posts
May 13 2012 23:39 GMT
#21520
On May 14 2012 08:34 Anacletus wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=337417

Everyone get your popcorn out and ready!



Lol this thread might have a future. As long as people stop taking the thread title literally. lmfao
Monk: Because being a badass is more fun then playing a dude wearing a scarf.. ... Ite fuck it, Witch Doctor cuz I like killing stuff in a timely mannor.
Prev 1 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 277
TKL 226
CranKy Ducklings108
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko501
Serral 400
TKL 226
IndyStarCraft 210
Rex 103
ProTech101
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 62568
Free 2348
Jaedong 1566
BeSt 572
Horang2 322
firebathero 231
Zeus 198
Last 112
Hyun 110
Pusan 81
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 69
910 37
soO 36
Aegong 21
Noble 20
Yoon 17
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 15
Rock 14
Sacsri 10
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6793
Dendi943
XaKoH 436
canceldota87
Other Games
gofns35210
singsing2336
B2W.Neo491
byalli361
Pyrionflax300
ToD192
Mlord128
DeMusliM108
Liquid`VortiX85
QueenE65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV237
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 29
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1770
League of Legends
• Jankos2953
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 38m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 38m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.