• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:51
CEST 08:51
KST 15:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8725 users

The Automated Ban List - Page 1074

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 3173 Next
This thread is for discussing recent bans. Don't discuss other topics here.

Take it to website feedback if you disagree with a ban or want to raise an issue.

Keep it civil.

NOTE: For those of you who want to find the actual ABL thread where the bans are posted. Please look in here: https://tl.net/forum/closed-threads/
Mobius_1
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2763 Posts
May 12 2012 03:31 GMT
#21461
On May 12 2012 12:28 Cassel_Castle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 12:21 hypercube wrote:
On May 12 2012 11:22 DeepElemBlues wrote:
On May 12 2012 10:53 kerpal wrote:
On May 12 2012 10:49 DeepElemBlues wrote:
On May 12 2012 09:25 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 12 2012 09:22 DeepElemBlues wrote:
I was gonna vote for Nyovne but then I thought you know what it's probably Nyovne but then I realized how much I hate the two-party system when both options are basically the same so I decided to protest vote for Nyovne.

you are mistaken sir. this is the three party system where all options are basically the same. ;-) i appear to be in the minority though as to which nyovne is best....


yes we appear to be in a hopeless minority... come on people break the mold and vote for nyovne!

sorry, but clearly nyovne has no hope, i won't waste my vote like that.


that's the kind of attitude that always give us a nyovne victory

we'll never defeat nyovne and give nyovne a win if we think our votes for nyovne will never matter


There's not enough choice in that poll. I'm used to having at least 10 different Nyovne's on my ballot card.


Says the European. In the US we have a 2 Nyovne system.

Here in China, our voting cards, if and when we get them, come pre-ticked on Nyovne.

Still, better than NK's system of a crazy Nyovne dying into a new crazier Nyovne.
Starleague Forever. RIP KT Violet~
McFeser
Profile Joined July 2011
United States2458 Posts
May 12 2012 03:47 GMT
#21462
On May 12 2012 12:31 Mobius_1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 12:28 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:21 hypercube wrote:
On May 12 2012 11:22 DeepElemBlues wrote:
On May 12 2012 10:53 kerpal wrote:
On May 12 2012 10:49 DeepElemBlues wrote:
On May 12 2012 09:25 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 12 2012 09:22 DeepElemBlues wrote:
I was gonna vote for Nyovne but then I thought you know what it's probably Nyovne but then I realized how much I hate the two-party system when both options are basically the same so I decided to protest vote for Nyovne.

you are mistaken sir. this is the three party system where all options are basically the same. ;-) i appear to be in the minority though as to which nyovne is best....


yes we appear to be in a hopeless minority... come on people break the mold and vote for nyovne!

sorry, but clearly nyovne has no hope, i won't waste my vote like that.


that's the kind of attitude that always give us a nyovne victory

we'll never defeat nyovne and give nyovne a win if we think our votes for nyovne will never matter


There's not enough choice in that poll. I'm used to having at least 10 different Nyovne's on my ballot card.


Says the European. In the US we have a 2 Nyovne system.

Here in China, our voting cards, if and when we get them, come pre-ticked on Nyovne.

Still, better than NK's system of a crazy Nyovne dying into a new crazier Nyovne.

How actually is the voting in China? I hear there is a few levels of bureaucracy over there . . . .
Promethelax still hasn't changed his quote
DeepElemBlues
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5080 Posts
May 12 2012 03:50 GMT
#21463
On May 12 2012 12:47 McFeser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 12:31 Mobius_1 wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:28 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:21 hypercube wrote:
On May 12 2012 11:22 DeepElemBlues wrote:
On May 12 2012 10:53 kerpal wrote:
On May 12 2012 10:49 DeepElemBlues wrote:
On May 12 2012 09:25 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 12 2012 09:22 DeepElemBlues wrote:
I was gonna vote for Nyovne but then I thought you know what it's probably Nyovne but then I realized how much I hate the two-party system when both options are basically the same so I decided to protest vote for Nyovne.

you are mistaken sir. this is the three party system where all options are basically the same. ;-) i appear to be in the minority though as to which nyovne is best....


yes we appear to be in a hopeless minority... come on people break the mold and vote for nyovne!

sorry, but clearly nyovne has no hope, i won't waste my vote like that.


that's the kind of attitude that always give us a nyovne victory

we'll never defeat nyovne and give nyovne a win if we think our votes for nyovne will never matter


There's not enough choice in that poll. I'm used to having at least 10 different Nyovne's on my ballot card.


Says the European. In the US we have a 2 Nyovne system.

Here in China, our voting cards, if and when we get them, come pre-ticked on Nyovne.

Still, better than NK's system of a crazy Nyovne dying into a new crazier Nyovne.

How actually is the voting in China? I hear there is a few levels of bureaucracy over there . . . .


No matter how many levels of bureaucracy, it's all still nyovne.
no place i'd rather be than the satellite of love
hypercube
Profile Joined April 2010
Hungary2735 Posts
May 12 2012 03:55 GMT
#21464
On May 12 2012 12:50 DeepElemBlues wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 12:47 McFeser wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:31 Mobius_1 wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:28 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:21 hypercube wrote:
On May 12 2012 11:22 DeepElemBlues wrote:
On May 12 2012 10:53 kerpal wrote:
On May 12 2012 10:49 DeepElemBlues wrote:
On May 12 2012 09:25 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 12 2012 09:22 DeepElemBlues wrote:
I was gonna vote for Nyovne but then I thought you know what it's probably Nyovne but then I realized how much I hate the two-party system when both options are basically the same so I decided to protest vote for Nyovne.

you are mistaken sir. this is the three party system where all options are basically the same. ;-) i appear to be in the minority though as to which nyovne is best....


yes we appear to be in a hopeless minority... come on people break the mold and vote for nyovne!

sorry, but clearly nyovne has no hope, i won't waste my vote like that.


that's the kind of attitude that always give us a nyovne victory

we'll never defeat nyovne and give nyovne a win if we think our votes for nyovne will never matter


There's not enough choice in that poll. I'm used to having at least 10 different Nyovne's on my ballot card.


Says the European. In the US we have a 2 Nyovne system.

Here in China, our voting cards, if and when we get them, come pre-ticked on Nyovne.

Still, better than NK's system of a crazy Nyovne dying into a new crazier Nyovne.

How actually is the voting in China? I hear there is a few levels of bureaucracy over there . . . .


No matter how many levels of bureaucracy, it's all still nyovne.


But at least there's harmony now. I hear they used to fight over whether he should wear yellow, red or get to chose his own colour.
"Sending people in rockets to other planets is a waste of money better spent on sending rockets into people on this planet."
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
May 12 2012 04:11 GMT
#21465
Hey there is talk in Paris gaming bar's thread about changing the thread name since some people are bothered by the fact it is not the first gaming bar in Europe - there is Kyoto Lounge in Manchester, CK-99 in Berlin and one more in Moscow.
I'll quote this user to show the concern in more elaborate way

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=336504&currentpage=20#396

On May 12 2012 08:14 GuitarBizarre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 11 2012 19:01 Ashiara wrote:
Hi there, so I've been reading all the 17 pages of comments and I have to say, as the co-owner of the bar (with Foxy), that your comments are really making our days Seriously you guys are awesome !

Spread the word, let the world know what's comming !

To all of you speaking about other venues across the world (Australia, Germany, UK) we would just like to point out that we are the first one aiming that much at eSports and the scene. We are directly in contact with a few progamers and we are hoping to create a bond between the bar and our future online platform which will feature a lot of cool stuff (TV, real time interactions with the bar, big community etc etc).

Anyway, can't wait to see you all in the bar !

Ashiara


I've been to the Kyoto lounge multiple times. Its a gaming bar. Thats its primary purpose. It is a bar, with gaming. There is nothing about it that speaks to some sort of dual purpose. The bar, and the gaming at said bar, are the reason the place exists.

Frankly speaking, I'd respect you and your marketing a lot more if you simply admitted the error. You said gaming bar, you said first, and you put the two together.

You were not the first. In fact, the one in Berlin is also not the first, if the previous poster is correct in stating it has been open 6 months. The Kyoto lounge opened two years ago. It is a bar, they serve drinks, host tournaments and host barcrafts, and they market to a gamer crowd, therefore they have games.

I have nothing against you or your establishment. I wish you every success, but frankly speaking, you're trying to redefine what the term "Gaming Bar" means, to suit your own purposes. Its a No True Scotsman argument and it is logically inconsistent. Just please, admit that you were not the first gaming bar in Europe. It will do you far more good to show what reasonable people you are, and concede that point, than it will to continue arguing with me and others, all of whom know of older and more established gaming bars than your own.

Is the Kyoto Lounge the first gaming bar in Europe? I don't know. I have absolutely no idea. But thats fine because they're not claiming to be. They may not even be the first gaming bar in the UK, although to my knowledge they are in fact the first gaming bar in Europe. I state ambiguity only because I can't be certain and don't want to make a false claim.

But what they most certainly ARE, is a gaming bar, and one with a longer history than yours.


The way I see it is who really cares if it's the first since this is fucking awesome and they are the first to post on TL but this brought my attention. How the thread name can be changed?
"Europe's fourth gamer bar opens in Paris!"?
wwww
Mobius_1
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2763 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-12 04:28:36
May 12 2012 04:24 GMT
#21466
On May 12 2012 12:47 McFeser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 12:31 Mobius_1 wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:28 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:21 hypercube wrote:
On May 12 2012 11:22 DeepElemBlues wrote:
On May 12 2012 10:53 kerpal wrote:
On May 12 2012 10:49 DeepElemBlues wrote:
On May 12 2012 09:25 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 12 2012 09:22 DeepElemBlues wrote:
I was gonna vote for Nyovne but then I thought you know what it's probably Nyovne but then I realized how much I hate the two-party system when both options are basically the same so I decided to protest vote for Nyovne.

you are mistaken sir. this is the three party system where all options are basically the same. ;-) i appear to be in the minority though as to which nyovne is best....


yes we appear to be in a hopeless minority... come on people break the mold and vote for nyovne!

sorry, but clearly nyovne has no hope, i won't waste my vote like that.


that's the kind of attitude that always give us a nyovne victory

we'll never defeat nyovne and give nyovne a win if we think our votes for nyovne will never matter


There's not enough choice in that poll. I'm used to having at least 10 different Nyovne's on my ballot card.


Says the European. In the US we have a 2 Nyovne system.

Here in China, our voting cards, if and when we get them, come pre-ticked on Nyovne.

Still, better than NK's system of a crazy Nyovne dying into a new crazier Nyovne.

How actually is the voting in China? I hear there is a few levels of bureaucracy over there . . . .

Well there are certain very grassroots roles, like the Head of a Village or the so-called people's representatives, but there are many many many many many many many shenanigans involved in those votes: very few people can participate (or get informed of their time and place), ballot cards come pre-ticked, other candidates are beaten/threatened, and whatever Nyovnage happens once the votes are in the boxes.

So somewhat like TL moderator elections, only with a pretense of general democracy, more corruption, and less awesome people like Nyovne and machines like Mani and software like motbot.


On May 12 2012 13:11 beetlelisk wrote:
Hey there is talk in Paris gaming bar's thread about changing the thread name since some people are bothered by the fact it is not the first gaming bar in Europe - there is Kyoto Lounge in Manchester, CK-99 in Berlin and one more in Moscow.
I'll quote this user to show the concern in more elaborate way

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=336504&currentpage=20#396

Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 08:14 GuitarBizarre wrote:
On May 11 2012 19:01 Ashiara wrote:
Hi there, so I've been reading all the 17 pages of comments and I have to say, as the co-owner of the bar (with Foxy), that your comments are really making our days Seriously you guys are awesome !

Spread the word, let the world know what's comming !

To all of you speaking about other venues across the world (Australia, Germany, UK) we would just like to point out that we are the first one aiming that much at eSports and the scene. We are directly in contact with a few progamers and we are hoping to create a bond between the bar and our future online platform which will feature a lot of cool stuff (TV, real time interactions with the bar, big community etc etc).

Anyway, can't wait to see you all in the bar !

Ashiara


I've been to the Kyoto lounge multiple times. Its a gaming bar. Thats its primary purpose. It is a bar, with gaming. There is nothing about it that speaks to some sort of dual purpose. The bar, and the gaming at said bar, are the reason the place exists.

Frankly speaking, I'd respect you and your marketing a lot more if you simply admitted the error. You said gaming bar, you said first, and you put the two together.

You were not the first. In fact, the one in Berlin is also not the first, if the previous poster is correct in stating it has been open 6 months. The Kyoto lounge opened two years ago. It is a bar, they serve drinks, host tournaments and host barcrafts, and they market to a gamer crowd, therefore they have games.

I have nothing against you or your establishment. I wish you every success, but frankly speaking, you're trying to redefine what the term "Gaming Bar" means, to suit your own purposes. Its a No True Scotsman argument and it is logically inconsistent. Just please, admit that you were not the first gaming bar in Europe. It will do you far more good to show what reasonable people you are, and concede that point, than it will to continue arguing with me and others, all of whom know of older and more established gaming bars than your own.

Is the Kyoto Lounge the first gaming bar in Europe? I don't know. I have absolutely no idea. But thats fine because they're not claiming to be. They may not even be the first gaming bar in the UK, although to my knowledge they are in fact the first gaming bar in Europe. I state ambiguity only because I can't be certain and don't want to make a false claim.

But what they most certainly ARE, is a gaming bar, and one with a longer history than yours.


The way I see it is who really cares if it's the first since this is fucking awesome and they are the first to post on TL but this brought my attention. How the thread name can be changed?
"Europe's fourth gamer bar opens in Paris!"?

This sounds quite civil a discussion and therefore not that important to ABLR except for derailing it which is, of course, a hallmark of this hallowed thread.

They could just say France's first gamer bar. Or Paris' first gamer bar. I was kinda dismayed by the title as well, since I remember reading about the one in Manchester.
Starleague Forever. RIP KT Violet~
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
May 12 2012 04:38 GMT
#21467
On May 12 2012 13:24 Mobius_1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 12:47 McFeser wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:31 Mobius_1 wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:28 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:21 hypercube wrote:
On May 12 2012 11:22 DeepElemBlues wrote:
On May 12 2012 10:53 kerpal wrote:
On May 12 2012 10:49 DeepElemBlues wrote:
On May 12 2012 09:25 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 12 2012 09:22 DeepElemBlues wrote:
I was gonna vote for Nyovne but then I thought you know what it's probably Nyovne but then I realized how much I hate the two-party system when both options are basically the same so I decided to protest vote for Nyovne.

you are mistaken sir. this is the three party system where all options are basically the same. ;-) i appear to be in the minority though as to which nyovne is best....


yes we appear to be in a hopeless minority... come on people break the mold and vote for nyovne!

sorry, but clearly nyovne has no hope, i won't waste my vote like that.


that's the kind of attitude that always give us a nyovne victory

we'll never defeat nyovne and give nyovne a win if we think our votes for nyovne will never matter


There's not enough choice in that poll. I'm used to having at least 10 different Nyovne's on my ballot card.


Says the European. In the US we have a 2 Nyovne system.

Here in China, our voting cards, if and when we get them, come pre-ticked on Nyovne.

Still, better than NK's system of a crazy Nyovne dying into a new crazier Nyovne.

How actually is the voting in China? I hear there is a few levels of bureaucracy over there . . . .

Well there are certain very grassroots roles, like the Head of a Village or the so-called people's representatives, but there are many many many many many many many shenanigans involved in those votes: very few people can participate (or get informed of their time and place), ballot cards come pre-ticked, other candidates are beaten/threatened, and whatever Nyovnage happens once the votes are in the boxes.

So somewhat like TL moderator elections, only with a pretense of general democracy, more corruption, and less awesome people like Nyovne and machines like Mani and software like motbot.


Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 13:11 beetlelisk wrote:
Hey there is talk in Paris gaming bar's thread about changing the thread name since some people are bothered by the fact it is not the first gaming bar in Europe - there is Kyoto Lounge in Manchester, CK-99 in Berlin and one more in Moscow.
I'll quote this user to show the concern in more elaborate way

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=336504&currentpage=20#396

On May 12 2012 08:14 GuitarBizarre wrote:
On May 11 2012 19:01 Ashiara wrote:
Hi there, so I've been reading all the 17 pages of comments and I have to say, as the co-owner of the bar (with Foxy), that your comments are really making our days Seriously you guys are awesome !

Spread the word, let the world know what's comming !

To all of you speaking about other venues across the world (Australia, Germany, UK) we would just like to point out that we are the first one aiming that much at eSports and the scene. We are directly in contact with a few progamers and we are hoping to create a bond between the bar and our future online platform which will feature a lot of cool stuff (TV, real time interactions with the bar, big community etc etc).

Anyway, can't wait to see you all in the bar !

Ashiara


I've been to the Kyoto lounge multiple times. Its a gaming bar. Thats its primary purpose. It is a bar, with gaming. There is nothing about it that speaks to some sort of dual purpose. The bar, and the gaming at said bar, are the reason the place exists.

Frankly speaking, I'd respect you and your marketing a lot more if you simply admitted the error. You said gaming bar, you said first, and you put the two together.

You were not the first. In fact, the one in Berlin is also not the first, if the previous poster is correct in stating it has been open 6 months. The Kyoto lounge opened two years ago. It is a bar, they serve drinks, host tournaments and host barcrafts, and they market to a gamer crowd, therefore they have games.

I have nothing against you or your establishment. I wish you every success, but frankly speaking, you're trying to redefine what the term "Gaming Bar" means, to suit your own purposes. Its a No True Scotsman argument and it is logically inconsistent. Just please, admit that you were not the first gaming bar in Europe. It will do you far more good to show what reasonable people you are, and concede that point, than it will to continue arguing with me and others, all of whom know of older and more established gaming bars than your own.

Is the Kyoto Lounge the first gaming bar in Europe? I don't know. I have absolutely no idea. But thats fine because they're not claiming to be. They may not even be the first gaming bar in the UK, although to my knowledge they are in fact the first gaming bar in Europe. I state ambiguity only because I can't be certain and don't want to make a false claim.

But what they most certainly ARE, is a gaming bar, and one with a longer history than yours.


The way I see it is who really cares if it's the first since this is fucking awesome and they are the first to post on TL but this brought my attention. How the thread name can be changed?
"Europe's fourth gamer bar opens in Paris!"?

This sounds quite civil a discussion and therefore not that important to ABLR except for derailing it which is, of course, a hallmark of this hallowed thread.

They could just say France's first gamer bar. Or Paris' first gamer bar. I was kinda dismayed by the title as well, since I remember reading about the one in Manchester.

Yeah France's first gamer bar sounds good.
wwww
McFeser
Profile Joined July 2011
United States2458 Posts
May 12 2012 05:00 GMT
#21468
On May 12 2012 13:24 Mobius_1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 12:47 McFeser wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:31 Mobius_1 wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:28 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:21 hypercube wrote:
On May 12 2012 11:22 DeepElemBlues wrote:
On May 12 2012 10:53 kerpal wrote:
On May 12 2012 10:49 DeepElemBlues wrote:
On May 12 2012 09:25 dAPhREAk wrote:
On May 12 2012 09:22 DeepElemBlues wrote:
I was gonna vote for Nyovne but then I thought you know what it's probably Nyovne but then I realized how much I hate the two-party system when both options are basically the same so I decided to protest vote for Nyovne.

you are mistaken sir. this is the three party system where all options are basically the same. ;-) i appear to be in the minority though as to which nyovne is best....


yes we appear to be in a hopeless minority... come on people break the mold and vote for nyovne!

sorry, but clearly nyovne has no hope, i won't waste my vote like that.


that's the kind of attitude that always give us a nyovne victory

we'll never defeat nyovne and give nyovne a win if we think our votes for nyovne will never matter


There's not enough choice in that poll. I'm used to having at least 10 different Nyovne's on my ballot card.


Says the European. In the US we have a 2 Nyovne system.

Here in China, our voting cards, if and when we get them, come pre-ticked on Nyovne.

Still, better than NK's system of a crazy Nyovne dying into a new crazier Nyovne.

How actually is the voting in China? I hear there is a few levels of bureaucracy over there . . . .

Well there are certain very grassroots roles, like the Head of a Village or the so-called people's representatives, but there are many many many many many many many shenanigans involved in those votes: very few people can participate (or get informed of their time and place), ballot cards come pre-ticked, other candidates are beaten/threatened, and whatever Nyovnage happens once the votes are in the boxes.

So somewhat like TL moderator elections, only with a pretense of general democracy, more corruption, and less awesome people like Nyovne and machines like Mani and software like motbot.

Well that sucks. I've heard that before but I didn't think it was true.

Hope you have a good one though
Promethelax still hasn't changed his quote
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
May 12 2012 05:06 GMT
#21469
You know what's going to be amusing? Many of the balance whiners in the SC2 LR threads will inevitably get attached to certain players/teams and watch some BW matches in the mixed Proleague. They're going to start whining about BW balance. I, for one, am actually looking forward to some of the hilarious shit they are going to complain about. And the bans they are going to get.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51623 Posts
May 12 2012 05:37 GMT
#21470
On May 12 2012 14:06 andrewlt wrote:
You know what's going to be amusing? Many of the balance whiners in the SC2 LR threads will inevitably get attached to certain players/teams and watch some BW matches in the mixed Proleague. They're going to start whining about BW balance. I, for one, am actually looking forward to some of the hilarious shit they are going to complain about. And the bans they are going to get.


I'd personally hunt down that fool who balance whines in BW and bitch slap that punk.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Pillage
Profile Joined July 2011
United States804 Posts
May 12 2012 06:49 GMT
#21471
Man the STOG thread has just exploded after JP went after the trolls. As if we need any more drama. I don't understand why people get so obsessed with these things.
"Power has no limits." -Tiberius
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
May 12 2012 07:02 GMT
#21472
On May 12 2012 14:37 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 14:06 andrewlt wrote:
You know what's going to be amusing? Many of the balance whiners in the SC2 LR threads will inevitably get attached to certain players/teams and watch some BW matches in the mixed Proleague. They're going to start whining about BW balance. I, for one, am actually looking forward to some of the hilarious shit they are going to complain about. And the bans they are going to get.


I'd personally hunt down that fool who balance whines in BW and bitch slap that punk.

Nothing wrong in balance whining about siege tanks
Cackle™
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-12 07:29:54
May 12 2012 07:29 GMT
#21473
It's fine. All units in BW are imbalanced.
Edit: cept maybe my icon..
TheKefka
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Croatia11752 Posts
May 12 2012 07:30 GMT
#21474
Lol forever a scout TT
Cackle™
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
May 12 2012 07:47 GMT
#21475
On May 12 2012 12:55 hypercube wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 12:50 DeepElemBlues wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:47 McFeser wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:31 Mobius_1 wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:28 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:21 hypercube wrote:
On May 12 2012 11:22 DeepElemBlues wrote:
On May 12 2012 10:53 kerpal wrote:
On May 12 2012 10:49 DeepElemBlues wrote:
On May 12 2012 09:25 dAPhREAk wrote:
[quote]
you are mistaken sir. this is the three party system where all options are basically the same. ;-) i appear to be in the minority though as to which nyovne is best....


yes we appear to be in a hopeless minority... come on people break the mold and vote for nyovne!

sorry, but clearly nyovne has no hope, i won't waste my vote like that.


that's the kind of attitude that always give us a nyovne victory

we'll never defeat nyovne and give nyovne a win if we think our votes for nyovne will never matter


There's not enough choice in that poll. I'm used to having at least 10 different Nyovne's on my ballot card.


Says the European. In the US we have a 2 Nyovne system.

Here in China, our voting cards, if and when we get them, come pre-ticked on Nyovne.

Still, better than NK's system of a crazy Nyovne dying into a new crazier Nyovne.

How actually is the voting in China? I hear there is a few levels of bureaucracy over there . . . .


No matter how many levels of bureaucracy, it's all still nyovne.


But at least there's harmony now. I hear they used to fight over whether he should wear yellow, red or get to chose his own colour.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the russian voting system, 140% all into Nyovne!
marttorn
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Norway5211 Posts
May 12 2012 08:23 GMT
#21476
On May 12 2012 16:47 Cokefreak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 12:55 hypercube wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:50 DeepElemBlues wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:47 McFeser wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:31 Mobius_1 wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:28 Cassel_Castle wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:21 hypercube wrote:
On May 12 2012 11:22 DeepElemBlues wrote:
On May 12 2012 10:53 kerpal wrote:
On May 12 2012 10:49 DeepElemBlues wrote:
[quote]

yes we appear to be in a hopeless minority... come on people break the mold and vote for nyovne!

sorry, but clearly nyovne has no hope, i won't waste my vote like that.


that's the kind of attitude that always give us a nyovne victory

we'll never defeat nyovne and give nyovne a win if we think our votes for nyovne will never matter


There's not enough choice in that poll. I'm used to having at least 10 different Nyovne's on my ballot card.


Says the European. In the US we have a 2 Nyovne system.

Here in China, our voting cards, if and when we get them, come pre-ticked on Nyovne.

Still, better than NK's system of a crazy Nyovne dying into a new crazier Nyovne.

How actually is the voting in China? I hear there is a few levels of bureaucracy over there . . . .


No matter how many levels of bureaucracy, it's all still nyovne.


But at least there's harmony now. I hear they used to fight over whether he should wear yellow, red or get to chose his own colour.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the russian voting system, 140% all into Nyovne!


In sweden, a PBU tried to assassinate Prime Minister Nyovne. Nyovne did like a sick judo throw and banned him again.
memes are a dish best served dank
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
May 12 2012 08:44 GMT
#21477
PigManOinking was just banned by Kennigit.

That account was created on 2012-05-12 14:12:43 and had 1 posts.

Reason: 2/10 i had to click ban and type this.
The ban reason cracked me up.

And then I went and found the post.
On May 12 2012 14:14 PigManOinking wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 12:30 itmeJP wrote:
You people are so fucking ignorant and ungrateful. I have the unique opportunity to bring Sundance on the show because I work in the office with him. The "show" was going to be a quick one-off about a huge thing that happened in the world of eSports yesterday, and then you shit on him and the "show" because he can't answer (business wise) the questions iNcontrol asked.

The show was literally planned 15 minutes prior to going on air and I'm in NYC with zero SotG assets except for the vid intro and intro/outro music -- no art. Production was terrible but the content was there and I would of rather have the exclusivity (LOL) / timeliness of the topic rather then waiting a week to discuss it.

The idiocy and pure bullshit this community feeds its personalities makes people want to quit on a daily basis. If I didn't have friends on the show that made me enjoy it and was just doing this myself, I would of quit long, long ago. Lay off the fucking kool-aid and think for yourself rather then joining the mob, getting pitchforks, and making people / tournaments / organizations drop all interactivity on social media.


maybe if you weren't a shit tier caster like MoleTrap literally ruining E-Sports we'd not complain you literally do nothing involved with Starcraft 2 and your trash at the game you got someone to play your account to masters random. Like that is even hard to do just doing blind cheese builds every game with the random advantage. Your trash at casting your sucking the life of the the community with the 20,000 Dollar Caster salary and the PPV format to gouge the money out of the community to pay for the Greedy money grubbing casters and MLG Sundance Jewiovannis new Yacht while your sitting there being JP Pigger oinkers the worst casters in the history of E-Sports. Like literal autism lisp baby Bad. That's how shit tier your casting is. You haven't played SC2 in months you're a wow MMORPG Casual scrub like Tyler and you will never be a good caster because your voice is awful.

Go do the oldboys circle jerk some more while you and MoleTrap literally kill e-sports single-handedly.

JP MC BETA

JP MCBURGER


JP MAD AS FAURK because he can't handle the criticism stay mad as FAURK BRAH. You so friggen mad MCPIGGERS

MC BETA

User was banned for this post.

Christ, what an asshole.

I can't imagine this isn't someone's smurf account. I so much want to see the main account permed .
The frumious Bandersnatch
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-12 08:53:29
May 12 2012 08:47 GMT
#21478
On May 12 2012 17:44 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
Show nested quote +
PigManOinking was just banned by Kennigit.

That account was created on 2012-05-12 14:12:43 and had 1 posts.

Reason: 2/10 i had to click ban and type this.
The ban reason cracked me up.

And then I went and found the post.
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 14:14 PigManOinking wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:30 itmeJP wrote:
You people are so fucking ignorant and ungrateful. I have the unique opportunity to bring Sundance on the show because I work in the office with him. The "show" was going to be a quick one-off about a huge thing that happened in the world of eSports yesterday, and then you shit on him and the "show" because he can't answer (business wise) the questions iNcontrol asked.

The show was literally planned 15 minutes prior to going on air and I'm in NYC with zero SotG assets except for the vid intro and intro/outro music -- no art. Production was terrible but the content was there and I would of rather have the exclusivity (LOL) / timeliness of the topic rather then waiting a week to discuss it.

The idiocy and pure bullshit this community feeds its personalities makes people want to quit on a daily basis. If I didn't have friends on the show that made me enjoy it and was just doing this myself, I would of quit long, long ago. Lay off the fucking kool-aid and think for yourself rather then joining the mob, getting pitchforks, and making people / tournaments / organizations drop all interactivity on social media.


maybe if you weren't a shit tier caster like MoleTrap literally ruining E-Sports we'd not complain you literally do nothing involved with Starcraft 2 and your trash at the game you got someone to play your account to masters random. Like that is even hard to do just doing blind cheese builds every game with the random advantage. Your trash at casting your sucking the life of the the community with the 20,000 Dollar Caster salary and the PPV format to gouge the money out of the community to pay for the Greedy money grubbing casters and MLG Sundance Jewiovannis new Yacht while your sitting there being JP Pigger oinkers the worst casters in the history of E-Sports. Like literal autism lisp baby Bad. That's how shit tier your casting is. You haven't played SC2 in months you're a wow MMORPG Casual scrub like Tyler and you will never be a good caster because your voice is awful.

Go do the oldboys circle jerk some more while you and MoleTrap literally kill e-sports single-handedly.

JP MC BETA

JP MCBURGER


JP MAD AS FAURK because he can't handle the criticism stay mad as FAURK BRAH. You so friggen mad MCPIGGERS

MC BETA

User was banned for this post.

Christ, what an asshole.

I can't imagine this isn't someone's smurf account. I so much want to see the main account permed .


Yeah, this was a super asshole post. It is too bad that some people jumped on JP and it is also too bad that he flipped out over it, but that is no excuse for being a complete douchecanoe. I hope JP knows that only the trolls post and give him shit, the majority love what he does and just normally remain silent about it...

Also, I don't understand the pig references...
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
May 12 2012 08:57 GMT
#21479
On May 12 2012 17:47 TheAmazombie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 17:44 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
PigManOinking was just banned by Kennigit.

That account was created on 2012-05-12 14:12:43 and had 1 posts.

Reason: 2/10 i had to click ban and type this.
The ban reason cracked me up.

And then I went and found the post.
On May 12 2012 14:14 PigManOinking wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:30 itmeJP wrote:
You people are so fucking ignorant and ungrateful. I have the unique opportunity to bring Sundance on the show because I work in the office with him. The "show" was going to be a quick one-off about a huge thing that happened in the world of eSports yesterday, and then you shit on him and the "show" because he can't answer (business wise) the questions iNcontrol asked.

The show was literally planned 15 minutes prior to going on air and I'm in NYC with zero SotG assets except for the vid intro and intro/outro music -- no art. Production was terrible but the content was there and I would of rather have the exclusivity (LOL) / timeliness of the topic rather then waiting a week to discuss it.

The idiocy and pure bullshit this community feeds its personalities makes people want to quit on a daily basis. If I didn't have friends on the show that made me enjoy it and was just doing this myself, I would of quit long, long ago. Lay off the fucking kool-aid and think for yourself rather then joining the mob, getting pitchforks, and making people / tournaments / organizations drop all interactivity on social media.


maybe if you weren't a shit tier caster like MoleTrap literally ruining E-Sports we'd not complain you literally do nothing involved with Starcraft 2 and your trash at the game you got someone to play your account to masters random. Like that is even hard to do just doing blind cheese builds every game with the random advantage. Your trash at casting your sucking the life of the the community with the 20,000 Dollar Caster salary and the PPV format to gouge the money out of the community to pay for the Greedy money grubbing casters and MLG Sundance Jewiovannis new Yacht while your sitting there being JP Pigger oinkers the worst casters in the history of E-Sports. Like literal autism lisp baby Bad. That's how shit tier your casting is. You haven't played SC2 in months you're a wow MMORPG Casual scrub like Tyler and you will never be a good caster because your voice is awful.

Go do the oldboys circle jerk some more while you and MoleTrap literally kill e-sports single-handedly.

JP MC BETA

JP MCBURGER


JP MAD AS FAURK because he can't handle the criticism stay mad as FAURK BRAH. You so friggen mad MCPIGGERS

MC BETA

User was banned for this post.

Christ, what an asshole.

I can't imagine this isn't someone's smurf account. I so much want to see the main account permed .


Yeah, this was a super asshole post. It is too bad that some people jumped on JP and it is also too bad that he flipped out over it, but that is no excuse for being a complete douchecanoe. I hope JP knows that only the trolls post and give him shit, the majority love what he does and just normally remain silent about it...

Also, I don't understand the pig references...

They're fat jokes.

I just wrote JP a PM thanking him for SotG and all the work he does for the community. It's really sad the way angry and hateful elements of the community can dominate the conversation the way they do. It's easy to say that guys like JP and TotalBiscuit should make like Artosis and Tasteless have done and just refrain from engaging at all instead of getting angry, but that shouldn't be the solution.
The frumious Bandersnatch
TheAmazombie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States3714 Posts
May 12 2012 09:00 GMT
#21480
On May 12 2012 17:57 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2012 17:47 TheAmazombie wrote:
On May 12 2012 17:44 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
PigManOinking was just banned by Kennigit.

That account was created on 2012-05-12 14:12:43 and had 1 posts.

Reason: 2/10 i had to click ban and type this.
The ban reason cracked me up.

And then I went and found the post.
On May 12 2012 14:14 PigManOinking wrote:
On May 12 2012 12:30 itmeJP wrote:
You people are so fucking ignorant and ungrateful. I have the unique opportunity to bring Sundance on the show because I work in the office with him. The "show" was going to be a quick one-off about a huge thing that happened in the world of eSports yesterday, and then you shit on him and the "show" because he can't answer (business wise) the questions iNcontrol asked.

The show was literally planned 15 minutes prior to going on air and I'm in NYC with zero SotG assets except for the vid intro and intro/outro music -- no art. Production was terrible but the content was there and I would of rather have the exclusivity (LOL) / timeliness of the topic rather then waiting a week to discuss it.

The idiocy and pure bullshit this community feeds its personalities makes people want to quit on a daily basis. If I didn't have friends on the show that made me enjoy it and was just doing this myself, I would of quit long, long ago. Lay off the fucking kool-aid and think for yourself rather then joining the mob, getting pitchforks, and making people / tournaments / organizations drop all interactivity on social media.


maybe if you weren't a shit tier caster like MoleTrap literally ruining E-Sports we'd not complain you literally do nothing involved with Starcraft 2 and your trash at the game you got someone to play your account to masters random. Like that is even hard to do just doing blind cheese builds every game with the random advantage. Your trash at casting your sucking the life of the the community with the 20,000 Dollar Caster salary and the PPV format to gouge the money out of the community to pay for the Greedy money grubbing casters and MLG Sundance Jewiovannis new Yacht while your sitting there being JP Pigger oinkers the worst casters in the history of E-Sports. Like literal autism lisp baby Bad. That's how shit tier your casting is. You haven't played SC2 in months you're a wow MMORPG Casual scrub like Tyler and you will never be a good caster because your voice is awful.

Go do the oldboys circle jerk some more while you and MoleTrap literally kill e-sports single-handedly.

JP MC BETA

JP MCBURGER


JP MAD AS FAURK because he can't handle the criticism stay mad as FAURK BRAH. You so friggen mad MCPIGGERS

MC BETA

User was banned for this post.

Christ, what an asshole.

I can't imagine this isn't someone's smurf account. I so much want to see the main account permed .


Yeah, this was a super asshole post. It is too bad that some people jumped on JP and it is also too bad that he flipped out over it, but that is no excuse for being a complete douchecanoe. I hope JP knows that only the trolls post and give him shit, the majority love what he does and just normally remain silent about it...

Also, I don't understand the pig references...

They're fat jokes.

I just wrote JP a PM thanking him for SotG and all the work he does for the community. It's really sad the way angry and hateful elements of the community can dominate the conversation the way they do. It's easy to say that guys like JP and TotalBiscuit should make like Artosis and Tasteless have done and just refrain from engaging at all instead of getting angry, but that shouldn't be the solution.


This is true. I know Huksy has always been great at ignoring the haters, and even JP was been relatively good about it and let Tyler and Geoff take on most of the trolls in the past, but everyone has a breaking point I guess. I have told him numerous times on the thread that I love what he does and defended the show against assholes, but the douchebags always scream louder to you than the nice guys.
We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. -Charlie Chaplin
Prev 1 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 3173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 9m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 716
BeSt 307
sorry 86
Mind 68
Soma 34
Bale 26
ZergMaN 13
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm174
League of Legends
JimRising 627
Other Games
summit1g9100
Coldzera 731
WinterStarcraft714
C9.Mang0302
Sick165
febbydoto18
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick684
BasetradeTV194
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2194
Other Games
• Shiphtur699
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
3h 9m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
5h 9m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 9m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.