• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:40
CEST 19:40
KST 02:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8252 users

TL Hacker Database, Season 2! - Page 15

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 39 Next All
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-24 03:07:28
June 22 2011 16:40 GMT
#281
There are some anomalous results in his match history of him winning while behind but there's nothing concrete in his match history that insinuates drop hacking. Please upload the two replays and I'll keep my eye out for further reports.

Suspected, need more replays
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
BlitchizSC2
Profile Joined August 2010
United States306 Posts
June 22 2011 16:49 GMT
#282
On June 23 2011 01:40 Probe1 wrote:
There are some anomalous results in his match history of him winning while behind but there's nothing concrete in his match history that insinuates drop hacking. Please upload the two replays and I'll keep my eye out for further reports.


The replays don't save because of the game crash. :/ It's all recorded on the VOD though.

Thanks for looking into it.

www.twitch.tv/blitchizsc2 | http://www.youtube.com/BlitchizStarcraft ~ fighting!
Lenchik
Profile Joined June 2011
1 Post
Last Edited: 2011-06-22 18:39:59
June 22 2011 18:17 GMT
#283
FORMAT
Server: North America
Your Name: Lenchik
Hacker Name: Crisis
Replay: http://drop.sc/15771?pass=2f0721f7-5046-4250-938a-9b8dfd777180
Description:
-Doesn't scout me all game until he finally decides to attack with his giant ball and he attacks straight for my nat weaker choice skipping PF

-Cancel 5th gateway and puts robo down AS SOON as cloak starts

-Immediately sends his army to kill rocks soon as I land my CC in rock island without scouting.

Edit: I know this is my first post as i think this warrants a pretty good first post, had to make account to report this guy but been long time tl lurker
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 22 2011 18:42 GMT
#284
Never scouts until he attack move into you. Never uses observer to try to scout your composition/production

12:00 ignores the banshee attacking his base and pops guardian shield because he sees a red dot on the mini map. Attack moves into your army after guardian shield. What an amazing stroke of luck.

15:00 tries to expand even though there's a banshee there. Why?

I need to rewatch this again, there's definitely enough to be suspicious but I'm not sure if there's enough to confirm he's hacking. There are quite a few awkward pauses where he just stared at something useless when he should be defending..

우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Canti_the_Angel
Profile Joined June 2011
United States55 Posts
June 23 2011 02:04 GMT
#285
=o with season three close, what will happen to this awesome thread? What will I read at work?!
Every problem can be solved with DTs...
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 23 2011 02:08 GMT
#286
O.o

The season 3 thread will open.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Kinetik_Inferno
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1431 Posts
June 23 2011 02:12 GMT
#287
On June 23 2011 11:04 Canti_the_Angel wrote:
=o with season three close, what will happen to this awesome thread? What will I read at work?!

New thread, of course.

I'm just glad that blizzard is moderating the hacking and banning anyone they catch. I know several game companies who just release their games and let them fester, and hacks go wild.
Genome852
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States979 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-23 16:16:17
June 23 2011 16:14 GMT
#288
Does Blizzard actually ban people based on replays? It seems like there would be a high risk of legit players being banned because it looked liked they were doing something suspicious...

I know Valve relies on VAC to do all anticheat bans for their games, even if you have a demo of a blatantly obvious aimbotter. More cheaters will be left untouched this way but at least you know the people who are banned got detected by the anticheat (similar to letting 100 criminals roam free because you don't want to jail a single innocent person).
PowerDes
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States520 Posts
June 23 2011 17:30 GMT
#289
Reporting on a guy who posted on the bnet forums behalf.

Server: NA
Hacker Name: dEaSUnG
Replay: http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=216943
Description: Very very very consistent panning, no scouting at start, blind counters spire, etc. Very blatant.
twitch.tv/PowerDes
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-24 03:08:51
June 23 2011 18:06 GMT
#290
Looks pretty weird. Spore timing is almost exactly synched to spire popping. ZvZ is my best mu and I don't blind build 6 roaches worth of spore crawlers for no reason. Even if I'm only suspicious of a spire, I actually try to scout their lair (both timing and what lair tech they've gone). dEaSUnG does a lot of scouting.. through the fog of war.

Then blind counters mutas. Meh. Need to watch it again and its quite long, i'll have a write up in 6 hours or so.

18:00 he moves his hydras to his third base to counter mutas he doesn't know is coming. On top of the FOW looks (times coming later) and ridiculous scouting knowledge w/o scouting, it's a maphack.

Edit: I want to wait before adding him to the list, just in case but after watching it again there's too many coincidences or lucky plays.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
ThisFingGuy
Profile Joined June 2011
United States4 Posts
June 23 2011 18:23 GMT
#291
The replay PowerDes posted is of my game. I've already reported to Blizzard as well. And just to add, after the game he told me he DID scout my spire and that's why he threw up the spores, even though he clearly did not.
For the Swarm
ProTech
Profile Joined November 2010
United States497 Posts
June 23 2011 22:25 GMT
#292
well when you watch that replay its pretty obvious daesung is cheating. panning like crazy, even if the timing was off of the spores you can tell right off the bat that daesung is hacking just from checking out his base constantly
Snake Grunger
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada61 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-24 01:24:34
June 24 2011 00:42 GMT
#293
Server: NA
Your Name: SnakeGrunger
Hacker Name: VenusProject
Replay: http://bit.ly/iRSF3S
Description: 3-4 looks into my base without scouting on Metalopolis, when I moved out with my zealot/stalker torwards his base he looks and tries to block his ramp with a pylon even before he sees my zealot approaching his ramp, looks at my base again when warp tech finishes, 100% no doubt obvious map hacker. Top diamond level game.
DOODLEcraft anyone ? http://doodlecraft.imgur.com/ -- @doodlecraft on Twitter
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-30 14:09:04
June 24 2011 02:20 GMT
#294
On June 24 2011 09:42 Snake Grunger wrote:
Server: NA
Your Name: SnakeGrunger
Hacker Name: VenusProject
Replay: http://bit.ly/iRSF3S
Description: 3-4 looks into my base without scouting on Metalopolis, when I moved out with my zealot/stalker torwards his base he looks and tries to block his ramp with a pylon even before he sees my zealot approaching his ramp, looks at my base again when warp tech finishes, 100% no doubt obvious map hacker. Top diamond level game.


+ Show Spoiler [Write up] +

1:05 the FOW scouts begin (main base peek)
2:35 FOW main
3:00 FOW main
3:30 FOW main
4:10-4:15 loooong FOW scout main
4:35 FOW main
4:38 looks immediately when a pylon is made near his gold base
5:00 moves to block his ramp before forces arrive (fails hilariously)
6:15 scouts gateways converting into warpgates

Obvious maphacker.

The list will be updated tonight. There'll be a long summary post as usual.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
June 24 2011 04:05 GMT
#295
For the deasung game, note that he looks at the single baneling, and then sends his two lings in to try to waste it. Also, the positioning of the hydras at 18 and around 20:30 to counter the unseen mutas guarantees it for me, even if he wasn't FOW scouting the base the entire game.
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
LoneSpartan
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-30 20:28:40
June 24 2011 05:15 GMT
#296
Server: NA
Your Name: LoneSpartan
Hacker Name: hgIAN
Replay: http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=217067#disc
Description:The hacker pans through the FOW most of the game and neither of them scouted. When he is in a losing position, the game starts to lag a lot, and drops his opponents as well has his teammate.

0:15 camera is centered at my protoss friend's base, no scouting
0:55 camera is centered at my base and stays there for a couple of seconds, no scouting
1:32 pans back to my base then to my protoss friend
2:00 pans to my friend's base
2:52 this is the suspicious part, hacker pans through the FOW to the top where my overlord is at.
etc
more panning through FOW
etc
8:46 while his base is being attacked by lings, he centers his camera back to my base where my lings and overlords are.
After this part, the replay becomes very laggy which I'm sure isn't suppose to happen.
While we were getting dropped, the interesting part happens when I accuse him of hacking and he replies back "expoed" which I think he means "exposed." I left the game, but partner said he was dropped and so was the hacker's partner, but the hacker was still in the game; we lost the game.

I looked through the hackers match history; and picked another game where he won. I was suspicious about this game because looking through the graph, the other team was definitely ahead than the hacker.

Here's the graph
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Curious of what happened, I asked the other team what happened. I asked him how he and his teammate lost and he told me that it became laggy and he and his partner dropped.

Here's our conversation
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


They kindly gave me a replay and I decided to analyze it
Replay: http://www.multiupload.com/4O2BWL2M0O
Description: Krowe and Centarion (victims of the hacker) playing in a 2v2 against hgIAN and hgPikuation. No scouting was done from the hacker's side/team.

2:00 hacker pans through FOW from both bases where pylons are placed.
2:23 pans through FOW and looks at teal's base then looks at his moving probe
3:31 looks through FOW and camera is centered at teal's expansion then back to his main
5:05: looks again at Teal's expansion
6:14 looks at teal's army, stalker and zealot near expansion
7:15 purp is going DTs and hacker makes an overseerer, I do not know if this is blind luck.
etc panning through FOW etc
around and after the 11 min mark, the game starts to become laggy and so is the replay.
In the end I assume that the other team was dropped by the hacker.

In conclusion: I am pretty sure the hacker uses both drop hack and maphacks. When it seems he is in a losing position, he lags the game and drops people. If these 2 pieces do not suffice, contact me and I guarantee I can find more replays.



Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-30 14:09:21
June 24 2011 05:41 GMT
#297
On June 24 2011 14:15 LoneSpartan wrote:
Server: NA
Your Name: LoneSpartan 801
Hacker Name: hgIAN
Replay: http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=217067#disc
Description:+ Show Spoiler +
The hacker pans through the FOW most of the game and neither of them scouted. When he is in a losing position, the game starts to lag a lot, and drops his opponents as well has his teammate.

0:15 camera is centered at my protoss friend's base, no scouting
0:55 camera is centered at my base and stays there for a couple of seconds, no scouting
1:32 pans back to my base then to my protoss friend
2:00 pans to my friend's base
2:52 this is the suspicious part, hacker pans through the FOW to the top where my overlord is at.
etc
more panning through FOW
etc
8:46 while his base is being attacked by lings, he centers his camera back to my base where my lings and overlords are.
After this part, the replay becomes very laggy which I'm sure isn't suppose to happen.
While we were getting dropped, the interesting part happens when I accuse him of hacking and he replies back "expoed" which I think he means "exposed." I left the game, but partner said he was dropped and so was the hacker's partner, but the hacker was still in the game; we lost the game.

I looked through the hackers match history; and picked another game where he won. I was suspicious about this game because looking through the graph, the other team was definitely ahead than the hacker.

Here's the graph
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Curious of what happened, I asked the other team what happened. I asked him how he and his teammate lost and he told me that it became laggy and he and his partner dropped.

Here's our conversation
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


They kindly gave me a replay and I decided to analyze it
Replay: http://www.multiupload.com/4O2BWL2M0O
Description: Krowe and Centarion (victims of the hacker) playing in a 2v2 against hgIAN and hgPikuation. No scouting was done from the hacker's side/team.

2:00 hacker pans through FOW from both bases where pylons are placed.
2:23 pans through FOW and looks at teal's base then looks at his moving probe
3:31 looks through FOW and camera is centered at teal's expansion then back to his main
5:05: looks again at Teal's expansion
6:14 looks at teal's army, stalker and zealot near expansion
7:15 purp is going DTs and hacker makes an overseerer, I do not know if this is blind luck.
etc panning through FOW etc
around and after the 11 min mark, the game starts to become laggy and so is the replay.
In the end I assume that the other team was dropped by the hacker.

In conclusion: I am pretty sure the hacker uses both drop hack and maphacks. When it seems he is in a losing position, he lags the game and drops people. If these 2 pieces do not suffice, contact me and I guarantee I can find more replays.



I've never seen a replay that lagged before.
Regardless of the almost certainty that he's using a drop hack, he's certainly using a map hack. Thank you for the extremely detailed description, I appreciate that. The additional replay was icing, he's busted.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
TL AntiHack
Profile Joined May 2011
39 Posts
June 24 2011 08:58 GMT
#298
Here we go.


On June 20 2011 05:03 infinix wrote:
Server: North America
Your Name: iNfiniX
Hacker Name: GtoYeuGbe
Replay: http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/6343
Description:+ Show Spoiler +
I normally wouldn't care too much about this, but this guy was increasingly BM in chat as well. I was suspicious in game when he had an overseer ready at his base for my DTs as well as he moved a baneling right as my dts came to his base. he did not scout my base at all. After watching the replay there are 2 instances where are incredibly suspicious. He a moved his zerglings across the map directly to where my proxy pylon was, completely unscouted by him. In addition to this, he pulls off 2 lings to find a hidden probe which he again did not scout at all. The replay shows that he moved both times almost on top of my probe/pylon again without any vision, this occurs at abotu 5:20 in the replay. The replay also confirms the super blind dt counter and his response to the dts is also very suspicious. Thank you for your time.

EDIT:
Typo in the name, the Correct name is GtoYeuGbe.



It's very likely that GtoYeuGbe was maphacking here. The attack moves to hidden proxys/probes were too accurate to simply be scouting. The baneling moving to intercept the DT before vision was also just too incredible. I'm adding it as further review for the time being.

On June 20 2011 23:55 DuckS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 20 2011 23:05 Selkie wrote:
Server: North America
Your Name: Selkie
Hacker Name: LadyZerg
Replay: http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/6427
Description: This is an odd one. As I had won, massive lag starts, and then battle.net tries to drop me. It can't actually drop me though, and I eventually hit surrender after ~5 minutes. This by itself means nothing. However, while it claimed I had no connection, my internet was fine, got ~130-170 latency. Nothing was blocked. By itself, doesn't mean much. However, watching the replay- the lag was in the replay itself. Careful watching it, you're going to get stuck at the end. Lastly, while I can't see the entire match history of my opponent (being diamond), match history claims my opponent has won the past 10 games in a row. I suspect, if a hacker, that the person simply uses a drop hack when he's about to lose.


Server: North America
Your Name: LaGTTDuckS
Hacker Name: LadyZerg
Replay:
Description:+ Show Spoiler +
So, nothing too out of ordinary as far as play goes. He accuses me of lag hacking half way in the game (?) and complains about lag towards the beginning after he fails to a move blings into my min line (through john's common knowledge hallway). The game is pretty one sided for the duration of the replay, but then he a-moves into my army and I clean it up no problem. I attempt to counter attack with my force (the bulk of my army survived), then I feel the profuse pain of lag. I wish there was more evidence to prove he actually did this, but two players are reporting it with two replays of winning -> then sudden profuse lag. If it helps, I was able to minimize, check my inet/run browsers perfectly fine with no lag. I just now pulled up his match history and he has NOTHING but wins after a rocky w/l ratio. I'll upload the screen shot and replay in just a few more moments.

EDIT: Uh.. I don't seem to have the replay o.O I think when I minimized and after a few minutes of waiting, I gave up and just force quit sc2, so replay wasn't saved.. (?) that sucks. but here are screen shots anyways:
[image loading]

another after scrolling down a little more:
[image loading]


From these two screen shots, you could infer that he went on a few weeks break. He then came back, from after having a rocky record, with drop hack and the intent of fixing it.

EDIT 2: Blargh, it the screen shots seem to cut off for me. i don't know how to get his character code or anything.

My char code: LaGTTDuckS.621

On June 20 2011 23:05 Selkie wrote:
Server: North America
Your Name: Selkie
Hacker Name: LadyZerg
Replay: http://www.sc2replayed.com/replay-videos/6427
Description: This is an odd one. As I had won, massive lag starts, and then battle.net tries to drop me. It can't actually drop me though, and I eventually hit surrender after ~5 minutes. This by itself means nothing. However, while it claimed I had no connection, my internet was fine, got ~130-170 latency. Nothing was blocked. By itself, doesn't mean much. However, watching the replay- the lag was in the replay itself. Careful watching it, you're going to get stuck at the end. Lastly, while I can't see the entire match history of my opponent (being diamond), match history claims my opponent has won the past 10 games in a row. I suspect, if a hacker, that the person simply uses a drop hack when he's about to lose.


At first I was unconvinced by a single report but two separate reports of the same person with very similar circumstances? I have a difficult time attributing this solely to chance. I'll check back on LadyZerg's match history later tonight and if the pattern still holds, add it as a drop hacker.


On June 22 2011 08:42 Gfire wrote:
Got one here. (So rusty, embarrassed to show my replay. My other excuse is that I'm using new hotkeys.)

Server: NA
Your Name: Gfire
Hacker Name: MissP
Replay: http://drop.sc/15703
Description: Pretty obvious maphacking, I was pretty suspicious when playing the game, how he moves his banshees. In the replay it's pretty obvious he's hacking.


This one's easier. Eleven peeks at an unscouted base in the first five minutes, reacting to unscouted army movement and a whole lot more FOW scouting, definite maphacking.

On June 24 2011 09:42 Snake Grunger wrote:
Server: NA
Your Name: SnakeGrunger
Hacker Name: VenusProject
Replay: http://bit.ly/iRSF3S
Description: 3-4 looks into my base without scouting on Metalopolis, when I moved out with my zealot/stalker torwards his base he looks and tries to block his ramp with a pylon even before he sees my zealot approaching his ramp, looks at my base again when warp tech finishes, 100% no doubt obvious map hacker. Top diamond level game.

+ Show Spoiler [Write up] +

1:05 the FOW scouts begin (main base peek)
2:35 FOW main
3:00 FOW main
3:30 FOW main
4:10-4:15 loooong FOW scout main
4:35 FOW main
4:38 looks immediately when a pylon is made near his gold base
5:00 moves to block his ramp before forces arrive (fails hilariously)
6:15 scouts gateways converting into warpgates

Obvious maphacker.


Pretty obvious stuff.

On June 24 2011 14:15 LoneSpartan wrote:
Server: NA
Your Name: LoneSpartan 801
Hacker Name: hgIAN
Replay: http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php?game=33&show=details&id=217067#disc
Description:+ Show Spoiler +
The hacker pans through the FOW most of the game and neither of them scouted. When he is in a losing position, the game starts to lag a lot, and drops his opponents as well has his teammate.

0:15 camera is centered at my protoss friend's base, no scouting
0:55 camera is centered at my base and stays there for a couple of seconds, no scouting
1:32 pans back to my base then to my protoss friend
2:00 pans to my friend's base
2:52 this is the suspicious part, hacker pans through the FOW to the top where my overlord is at.
etc
more panning through FOW
etc
8:46 while his base is being attacked by lings, he centers his camera back to my base where my lings and overlords are.
After this part, the replay becomes very laggy which I'm sure isn't suppose to happen.
While we were getting dropped, the interesting part happens when I accuse him of hacking and he replies back "expoed" which I think he means "exposed." I left the game, but partner said he was dropped and so was the hacker's partner, but the hacker was still in the game; we lost the game.

I looked through the hackers match history; and picked another game where he won. I was suspicious about this game because looking through the graph, the other team was definitely ahead than the hacker.

Here's the graph
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Curious of what happened, I asked the other team what happened. I asked him how he and his teammate lost and he told me that it became laggy and he and his partner dropped.

Here's our conversation
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


They kindly gave me a replay and I decided to analyze it
Replay: http://www.multiupload.com/4O2BWL2M0O
Description: Krowe and Centarion (victims of the hacker) playing in a 2v2 against hgIAN and hgPikuation. No scouting was done from the hacker's side/team.

2:00 hacker pans through FOW from both bases where pylons are placed.
2:23 pans through FOW and looks at teal's base then looks at his moving probe
3:31 looks through FOW and camera is centered at teal's expansion then back to his main
5:05: looks again at Teal's expansion
6:14 looks at teal's army, stalker and zealot near expansion
7:15 purp is going DTs and hacker makes an overseerer, I do not know if this is blind luck.
etc panning through FOW etc
around and after the 11 min mark, the game starts to become laggy and so is the replay.
In the end I assume that the other team was dropped by the hacker.

In conclusion: I am pretty sure the hacker uses both drop hack and maphacks. When it seems he is in a losing position, he lags the game and drops people. If these 2 pieces do not suffice, contact me and I guarantee I can find more replays.


On June 24 2011 14:41 Probe1 wrote:
I've never seen a replay that lagged before.
Regardless of the almost certainty that he's using a drop hack, he's certainly using a map hack. Thank you for the extremely detailed description, I appreciate that. The additional replay was icing, he's busted.



I'm going to write him in as both map and drop hacking. The map hacking is incredibly obvious and with the extra work you put in it can be ascertained that lag spikes and players dropping from games happens a little too frequently to be plausible.


To the reports not listed: I'll be updating them within the next three days. Some of them are still undecided, dEaSUnG I want to wait a few hours before confirming and the rest more evidence was required.

Thank you everyone. Each person that reviews a replay contributes a very important amount to the process. Having several people watch a replay is always better than one and users like mkfuba07 make my life a lot easier with the amount of effort put towards reviewing. Thank you all.

Currently not active
mkfuba07
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1151 Posts
June 24 2011 10:37 GMT
#299
Thanks :D This is very interesting to me, and I feel like I'm helping more than I would be just watching streams all day.

I just have a question about lag in replays. Is it an indication of hacking of some sort, or does it just further validate other evidence of hacking? It seemed odd to me when I saw it in one of my friend's tournament replays, but I thought that it may have just carried over from the game somehow.
Never trust a skinny innkeeper
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 24 2011 18:25 GMT
#300
At the very least it says there's something very strange going on in the Starcraft client that recorded the replay. Like I said, that was the first time I've ever seen a replay lag (Or, the first time I watched hgIAN's replay, crash Sc2). It's not a posteriori to assume someone was hacking by the integrity of a replay but it's certainly stranger than a regular replay.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 39 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 233
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 233
BRAT_OK 71
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27739
Mini 442
Hyuk 257
firebathero 184
ggaemo 127
Liquid`Ret 65
Mong 46
Hyun 41
Killer 31
PianO 25
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 22
Rock 19
Bale 10
Dota 2
Gorgc9334
qojqva1688
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1326
crisheroes1239
Liquid`Hasu641
Other Games
Grubby2447
FrodaN2155
fl0m1121
Beastyqt810
Mlord430
Livibee157
KnowMe152
ArmadaUGS137
Mew2King59
Trikslyr46
ToD27
CosmosSc2 18
Chillindude13
mouzStarbuck3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick981
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 51
• StrangeGG 50
• mYiSmile123
• Adnapsc2 13
• LUISG 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7666
Other Games
• imaqtpie598
• Shiphtur301
• WagamamaTV229
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 20m
INu's Battles
18h 20m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 20m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.