• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:07
CEST 11:07
KST 18:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6836 users

Idra Banned for 90 Days - Page 75

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 118 Next
Hello, all!

It's become quite apparent that many of you are not reading the first post carefully.

Failure to do so in the future will be met with swift punishment. And as always, remember to be civil.

Thanks,

Empyrean. Time stamp: 03:59 KST.
ReeveR
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada2 Posts
May 08 2011 15:09 GMT
#1481
This seems very typical of Idra's charecter, although the situation is very messed up. I know you can't really enforce no ghosting or anything, but have you guys considered the reprecussions of people stream sniping? if it happens alot then the players won't stream ladder as much, as the viewers we're the ones who suffer. I know you can't stop them from searching at the same time, but cruncher pulling that would piss anyone off, gives him a huge advantage obviously and is VERY BM.
I know that I am intelligent because I know that I know nothing
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6540 Posts
May 08 2011 15:10 GMT
#1482
On May 08 2011 23:58 Essbee wrote:
Why is this kid still having fans?

Idra is an adult, that's why moderation treats him like one and bans him when he deserves it.
"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
Dag0N
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark25 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 15:13:04
May 08 2011 15:11 GMT
#1483
I can't help but feel this forum post is out of place. Idra banned for 90 days, take that Idra. Anyone?
I mean as "to single him out" publicly.
whiterabb1t
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium681 Posts
May 08 2011 15:11 GMT
#1484
So...

1. Idra feels he was cheated so he BMs about it
2. Chill gives him a 2 day ban
3. Idra tweets something that the mods assume is a passive aggressive attack (reasonable based on Idra's history), although I the mods can clarify if the talk that happened between them included what this particular tweet meant.
4. Idra stonewalls, feels his reaction is justified given the "cheating" that happened
5. TL bans him for 90 days...

I don't know the metrics for bans, but the only one i saw as long as that was LosingID8 banning WinningID8 for 90 days with a reason like "I hope you suffer." You understand why i remember that vividly.

Also, I'm sure in the 70+ pages its been discussed to death already, so let me point out the essentials. Cruncher blind countered Idra's all in. There is a probability that without scout Cruncher could do it because it it has been done before, on the same map. Cruncher was on Idra's stream, though he says it is muted and minimized. Cruncher has 2 monitors. Okay, based on this, we can conclude for sure that there is NO solid proof that Cruncher ghosted (although there is opportunity and motive), as well as there is NO solid proof as well that he did not.

His behavior was a result of the grey area of this event. He is a professional and this things matter to him. He should be banned, but in the light of the inconclusive evidence to point one or the other, I believe the 90 ban is too much.

On the other hand, if it stand, I could imagine a messiah like welcoming of Idra from his fans upon his return.

PS.
Why was this thread necessary anyway? Did the mods feel the need to explain their action? Or to guage public opinion?
Torenhire
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States11681 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 15:14:23
May 08 2011 15:12 GMT
#1485
On May 09 2011 00:09 ReeveR wrote:
This seems very typical of Idra's charecter, although the situation is very messed up. I know you can't really enforce no ghosting or anything, but have you guys considered the reprecussions of people stream sniping? if it happens alot then the players won't stream ladder as much, as the viewers we're the ones who suffer. I know you can't stop them from searching at the same time, but cruncher pulling that would piss anyone off, gives him a huge advantage obviously and is VERY BM.


Okay.

If stream sniping REALLY pisses you off, here's a simple thing to do. It's pretty easy.

Most streaming services have a "delay" feature where you can automatically delay your stream by X Seconds.

http://www.justin.tv/broadcast/adv_delay_server

Stream sniping is now taken care of.

On May 09 2011 00:11 Dag0N wrote:
I can't help but feel this forum post is out of place. Idra banned for 90 days, take that Idra. Anyone?
I mean as "to single him out" publicly.


Anyone who has been here over a couple of months has seen him banned like 10 times. It's not really news to us.
SirJolt: Well maybe if you weren't so big and stupid, it wouldn't have hit you.
Sky101
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States1758 Posts
May 08 2011 15:13 GMT
#1486
I've been with tl.net for so long, and have witnessed its growth and changes over the years. I'd like to think I'm being as objective as I can when I say this: tl.net now is moderated too subjectively, I guess partially due to the new influx of immature members that causes the moderators to be more apprehensive toward "bm" and disrespects and all that good stuff. Back in the days, people would just say whatever the hell they wanted to say, unless it became too incessant and intolerable. The same sentence that gets you a ban today, would be perfectly normal back then (ok I exaggerated, but you get my point).

My thoughts on all of this (sorry I've only read up to page 10 of this topic, so not sure if I'm qualified to "give my thoughts" on the matter, but whatever, gimme some leeway god damn it :D )
+Idra is an emotional guy, he needs to learn to control his behavior. But alot of the times, the emotional outbursts displayed on the countless VOD's of him out there were basically hand-picked for your entertainment value, and do not tell the entire story behind whatever personalites that were displayed. My take: some of you who hate him for his "bm" and immaturity should not be too quick to judge him based on what was fed to you (VOD's).
+Cruncher is an immature act as well, his actions spoke for themselves.
+I like Chill, I find him personable, but I think his view of Idra may not be too favorable to begin with. Am I accusing him of biased moderation? No, I do believe he tries to be as fair and consistent as he could. But sometimes you slip up, that's human nature.
+I was an administrator of another forum, and I know "sometimes" moderators get emotional over a certain display of indecency, and get a little bit trigger-happy with the ban. My advice for them is to never ban someone immediately after witnessing such act. Rather, wait until all heads are cool before handing down the penalty. The punishment then would be alot more fair and acceptable to all involved, now that everyone's more level headed.


I hardly post on tl.net anymore but I still follow the scene. Good job admins and mods of tl.net for the amount of content and coverage, thank you!
Peter, Dang, pm me!!!
keeblur
Profile Joined April 2010
United States826 Posts
May 08 2011 15:13 GMT
#1487
On May 09 2011 00:07 Gentso wrote:
Idra will be Idra. Either perma-ban him from posting or put a tag near his name that says bitter poster, do not get offended.We all know this is going to happen again sometime after 90 days. All the back and forth is just predictable, unnecessary drama.


Now there's an idea. Put everything he says in a spoiler tag.. lol.
Isn't it ironic and selfish to say that God made man in his image, when God was made in man's image?
Baddass5
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden4 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 15:15:08
May 08 2011 15:14 GMT
#1488
To be completly honest i think its really awesome that Tl is standing up for thier mods and showing the community that they are taking things serious. Way to be a boss!
Even though the im am leaving you the force will be with you , always
Spekulatius
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany2413 Posts
May 08 2011 15:15 GMT
#1489
On May 09 2011 00:06 fearus wrote:
is it me or did alot of the posts defending Idra get warns and bans...


I think it's not so much about defending IdrA, it's about calling the decision biased or the mods incompetent.
Always smile~
Justanx
Profile Joined November 2010
United States240 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 15:18:57
May 08 2011 15:17 GMT
#1490
Go to http://wellplayed.org/ and it will tell you when his stream is up.

Also they have the posting of the EG master's cup there as well.
Ding Dong Usama is dead
EnderSword
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada669 Posts
May 08 2011 15:18 GMT
#1491
90 is by far the longest he's gotten I beleive,

I don't think it will change him or the way he behaves, but its hard to believe he even keeps coming back.

If a forum kept banning me, I'd eventually stop posting in it, or if I had some vested interest there, I'd restrain my posts to the area..ie his stream thread only.

IdrA is just an angry guy by nature, he's just gonna get more angry no matter what happens, because he doesn't ever believe anything is his fault.
That's his personality, we all know people like that.

It can make his games and stuff very entertaining, but the way he reacts and over-reacts...and constantly 'Martyrs' himself over and over is what holds hiom back from actually having what he says be respected, and frankly holds him back from winning.

I very much enjoy watching him play, and I like listening to him talk and analyze things when he's in normal 'Lucid' mode...but the moment he gets a little frustrated, he plays terribly, he quits on things, and you might as well just ignore things he says when he's like that.

Bronze/Silver/Gold level Guides - www.youtube.com/user/EnderSword
liewec
Profile Joined April 2010
59 Posts
May 08 2011 15:18 GMT
#1492
Guys, if you have less than 5k posts, don't post. You are a nobody. Your opinion doesn't matter.

User was warned for this post
gosu tulos
loveeholicce
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Korea (South)785 Posts
May 08 2011 15:18 GMT
#1493
On May 08 2011 22:48 SimDawg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2011 22:20 BeMannerDuPenner wrote:
On May 08 2011 22:09 SimDawg wrote:
In reality it is somewhere in between. But to say Idra is the only person at fault here is just having blinders on.


tell me what TL did wrong?

they are more easy on idra. this is a fact.

idra crossed the line and got a tiny 2day ban. something you have to do to keep your forum ontrack and avoid evryone writing crap cause "idra did it too!".

idra instead of taking it like evryone else would did a HUGE no go with rallying people against a TL mod. it mightve been a misunderstanding at first but then told em "fu whatever". behavior like this is just not acceptable at all and has to be punished .

and no matter what he intended with that, the stupid sentence "with great power comes great responsibility" is very true here. idra is not stupid. he knows that this is a nogo and can easily get out of hand when he tells his hordes of fanboys something like that.



at evry step TL followed its guidelines and did the correct thing to ensure stuff like that doesnt happen again which is important for the future of this forum or soon we have evry 500 viewer stream guy trying to do the same.


i like idra. he acted stupid here and TL reacted. so he got a 90day ban. then he will post again and evrything is like it was before. no one to blame but him and no big deal at all.


Here is a quote from the TL 10 commandments:
" If you believe a certain ban was a mistake, you can contact a Mod through PM or in our IRC channel, but please be respectful about it."

Now, the twitter request was not entirely respectful. Again, word for word from idrajit. "i have been banned from tl for insulting cruncher, everyone pm Chill if this upsets you"

Now I still believe the second ban was 100 times more worthwhile than the first. But I'm trying to point out the grey area here to people that don't see it. It's there, I assure you TL staff is human like the rest of us.


Lol don't be naiive. Idra's a smart guy, you don't think he knew exactly what kind of PMs chill would get if he posted that?
상처받은 그대에 가슴에 사랑을 심어줄께요♥
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
May 08 2011 15:21 GMT
#1494
Kudos to TL staff for maintaining some standards.
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 15:23:37
May 08 2011 15:21 GMT
#1495
On May 09 2011 00:11 Dag0N wrote:
I can't help but feel this forum post is out of place. Idra banned for 90 days, take that Idra. Anyone?
I mean as "to single him out" publicly.

Considering the "novelty" of the ban, and the whole situation, I think it's fair (and needed) that the mods post a fully fleshed out explanation. This would be debated to no end in "The Ban Thread" anyways, and considering the magnitude of the ban, it definately warrants a thread being created specifically for it.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
Azarkon
Profile Joined January 2010
United States21060 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 15:28:02
May 08 2011 15:22 GMT
#1496
I read Hot_Bid's concluding posts when he locked this thread yesterday, and I think he was spot on.

1. Idra was being vindictive in the worst way possible. He made a bet that he would get 20k+ viewers and asked his fans to help him achieve this goal. In return, he said he'd stream with commentary for the rest of the week. Yet, when this was achieved, he went back on what he said over a petty dispute. In this, the most important point, I feel, is not whether Idra decided to BM Chill. Rather, it is that he used and then betrayed his fans. Despite what Idra claims, Chill cannot be blamed for Idra going back on what he promised - he could stream without TL, but chose not to. That Idra is willing to cast aside his personal responsibility to the people who helped him over a temper tantrum speaks a lot about the relationship between him and his fans, though it is (in a twisted way) also why he has so many fans in the first place.

2. There isn't enough proof that Cruncher stream cheated. That said, given the grudge the two hold for each other, I can see why Idra would think that he did. What Idra said was understandable given his beliefs about Cruncher, though based on forum policy it cannot be tolerated. As for those who think the penalty was too extreme - Idra was banned for a week for calling -orb- a "garbage player." His comments about Cruncher were more severe and personal.

3. Idra knows full well what the rules are, but decides to flaunt them anyways. He does this because it is who he is and also perhaps because he knows TL cannot touch him. By letting him stream on this site during his 90 days ban, you are basically demonstrating that TL needs Idra more than Idra needs TL. I'm not going to say whether this is objectively true, and I understand the hard position TL is in with regards to Idra, but this position is also why this sort of drama will continue, possibly (in a twisted way) to the benefit of both parties.

All in all, this episode of drama hasn't really changed my perception of either TL or Idra, and I think only newer members are really surprised by Idra's behavior and TL's response.
SlipperySnake
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
248 Posts
May 08 2011 15:22 GMT
#1497
I just don't understand what all this rage is over from Idra's end and why anyone who follows him should care. You guys need to realize that Idra is in this for the money, it isn't some charity service where he has put a lot of effort into his stream purely for the viewers. The idea that he is going to rage about one of the most obvious liabilities of streaming should be insulting to the viewers who are monetarily supporting him by watching ads. I get he wants to win every game but come on have some bounds of reason.

I mean the rest of his behavior goes without saying; basically he is just a flamer trying to get attention. I just read through his entire ban log and as Tychus Findlay would say "It's about time."
Gerend
Profile Joined February 2011
30 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 16:03:37
May 08 2011 15:23 GMT
#1498
[image loading]


[image loading] +
[image loading]
=Chill

laughing to hard not to post this
zeru
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
8156 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 15:27:10
May 08 2011 15:23 GMT
#1499
--- Nuked ---
kaleidoscope
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Singapore2887 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-08 15:28:52
May 08 2011 15:25 GMT
#1500
On May 09 2011 00:11 whiterabb1t wrote:
So...

1. Idra feels he was cheated so he BMs about it
2. Chill gives him a 2 day ban
3. Idra tweets something that the mods assume is a passive aggressive attack (reasonable based on Idra's history), although I the mods can clarify if the talk that happened between them included what this particular tweet meant.
4. Idra stonewalls, feels his reaction is justified given the "cheating" that happened
5. TL bans him for 90 days...


i think you meant:

1. Idra feels he was cheated, BMs with personal offence and disrespect on TL forum
2. Chill gives him a 2 day ban for the personal offence and disrespect towards Cruncher
3. Idra tweets about his ban while singling out the mod that banned him, linking up the fact that he will not stream for the next two days in direct relation to the ban (hence the hatred mails spams)
4. Chill consulted IdrA personally, where IdrA disrespect Chill and made use of his fans, and IdrA shows that he's not repenting over actions
5. TL bans him to 90 days, extending the 2 days into 90 days. (due to many reasons: disrespectful towards mods, not repenting on his actions, previous ban history, etc)

edit: i thought you will get all the facts right.. i personally werent there when everything happens, i just browse through the last 40 pages of "discussions"..

and if IdrA were to justify that Cruncher cheated, he should do so in a better way, and not with a direct insult
대지따라 돌린게 시간이다.. 흘러가고 돌아오지도 않고..
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2543
Leta 1274
actioN 543
BeSt 381
Mong 161
Dewaltoss 127
Killer 123
sorry 77
Larva 56
sSak 45
[ Show more ]
Bale 32
ZergMaN 31
ToSsGirL 31
Aegong 28
NotJumperer 23
yabsab 15
HiyA 12
Noble 10
Counter-Strike
byalli626
Other Games
summit1g11663
olofmeister965
Happy249
Sick203
crisheroes189
Pyrionflax128
KnowMe108
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick706
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos949
• Stunt428
Other Games
• WagamamaTV119
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
53m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1h 53m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 53m
Replay Cast
13h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.