• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:58
CEST 07:58
KST 14:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9043 users

Idra Banned for 90 Days - Page 76

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 118 Next
Hello, all!

It's become quite apparent that many of you are not reading the first post carefully.

Failure to do so in the future will be met with swift punishment. And as always, remember to be civil.

Thanks,

Empyrean. Time stamp: 03:59 KST.
BeefAvenger
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada54 Posts
May 08 2011 15:26 GMT
#1501
I don't understand the comments that say Cruncher should be punished. Even if he did stream cheat, is TeamLiquid the ladder police now? Streamwatching just seems like one of the risks of streaming, don't see why you'd expecct TL to fix it for you
EnderSword
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada669 Posts
May 08 2011 15:26 GMT
#1502
On May 08 2011 07:00 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2011 06:59 shmee wrote:
On May 08 2011 06:55 Chill wrote:
On May 08 2011 06:53 shmee wrote:
I completely understand banning idra for his incendiary behavior, but has Team Liquid taken any action to punish Cruncher for ghosting idra's stream, which was the thing that started this whole mess? Does teamliquid have any kind of statement in regards to that?

There's nothing wrong with joining the ladder at the same time as someone else. What action could we possibly take against that?


So if you were streaming, and you got matched up against idra, and he magically knew everything you were doing only to find out later that he was checking your stream to see everything you were doing, you wouldn't have any problem with that?

No.


I Found this to be a bit of an overstatement though...

Do you mean to say 'No, I wouldn't have a problem with someone stream cheating?'

Or do you simply mean 'I would find that type of cheating wrong, but would not punish someone on this website for a wrongful action that doesn't involve the site?'

Regardless of it Cruncher did it or not...is your opinion that stream cheating is perfectly fine?
Bronze/Silver/Gold level Guides - www.youtube.com/user/EnderSword
Vorenius
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Denmark1979 Posts
May 08 2011 15:28 GMT
#1503
On May 08 2011 21:44 DwmC_Foefen wrote:
When does he(or any "special contributor to the community") deserve a perma ban btw? Under what circumstances? Do they ever get perma banned?

Well if you realy are a "special contributor to the community" you won't put yourself in a position where you are likely to get banned in the first place.

But it does happen that pro players get banned from the forums. TT1 had an account baned for cheating long time ago. And Terran is afaik still banned form TL to this day.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
May 08 2011 15:28 GMT
#1504
On May 09 2011 00:26 EnderSword wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2011 07:00 Chill wrote:
On May 08 2011 06:59 shmee wrote:
On May 08 2011 06:55 Chill wrote:
On May 08 2011 06:53 shmee wrote:
I completely understand banning idra for his incendiary behavior, but has Team Liquid taken any action to punish Cruncher for ghosting idra's stream, which was the thing that started this whole mess? Does teamliquid have any kind of statement in regards to that?

There's nothing wrong with joining the ladder at the same time as someone else. What action could we possibly take against that?


So if you were streaming, and you got matched up against idra, and he magically knew everything you were doing only to find out later that he was checking your stream to see everything you were doing, you wouldn't have any problem with that?

No.


I Found this to be a bit of an overstatement though...

Do you mean to say 'No, I wouldn't have a problem with someone stream cheating?'

Or do you simply mean 'I would find that type of cheating wrong, but would not punish someone on this website for a wrongful action that doesn't involve the site?'

Regardless of it Cruncher did it or not...is your opinion that stream cheating is perfectly fine?


He's saying "No I wouldn't have a problem with someone watching my stream then searching to play against me". There was no evidence of Cruncher watching the stream while playing thus Chill would have no problem with that situation.

Sniping is not the same as watching a stream to cheat.
whiterabb1t
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium681 Posts
May 08 2011 15:28 GMT
#1505
On May 09 2011 00:23 zeru wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2011 00:11 whiterabb1t wrote:
So...

1. Idra feels he was cheated so he BMs about it
2. Chill gives him a 2 day ban
3. Idra tweets something that the mods assume is a passive aggressive attack (reasonable based on Idra's history), although I the mods can clarify if the talk that happened between them included what this particular tweet meant.
4. Idra stonewalls, feels his reaction is justified given the "cheating" that happened
5. TL bans him for 90 days...

I don't know the metrics for bans, but the only one i saw as long as that was LosingID8 banning WinningID8 for 90 days with a reason like "I hope you suffer." You understand why i remember that vividly.

Also, I'm sure in the 70+ pages its been discussed to death already, so let me point out the essentials. Cruncher blind countered Idra's all in. There is a probability that without scout Cruncher could do it because it it has been done before, on the same map. Cruncher was on Idra's stream, though he says it is muted and minimized. Cruncher has 2 monitors. Okay, based on this, we can conclude for sure that there is NO solid proof that Cruncher ghosted (although there is opportunity and motive), as well as there is NO solid proof as well that he did not.

His behavior was a result of the grey area of this event. He is a professional and this things matter to him. He should be banned, but in the light of the inconclusive evidence to point one or the other, I believe the 90 ban is too much.

On the other hand, if it stand, I could imagine a messiah like welcoming of Idra from his fans upon his return.

PS.
Why was this thread necessary anyway? Did the mods feel the need to explain their action? Or to guage public opinion?

Did you even watch the damn replay? Cruncher did not blind counter at all, in fact his reaction to it was really bad. No extra cannons except for the standard 1, slow core with zealots being built. It's so damn annoying when people come here and pretend like cruncher blind countered.
[image loading]


I saw the game. Im just inquiring about the whole ban thing. No need to be aggressive please.

Mauzel
Profile Joined December 2009
United States421 Posts
May 08 2011 15:29 GMT
#1506
The number of people that do not spend the time to understand this situation before commenting on it is scary and surprising coming from the TL community
Sky101
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States1758 Posts
May 08 2011 15:30 GMT
#1507
Also if tl had done investigating suspicious replays and ban the hacker in the past (can't remember who) then some actions need to be taken regarding stream hacking too.
Peter, Dang, pm me!!!
ReeveR
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada2 Posts
May 08 2011 15:30 GMT
#1508
On May 09 2011 00:12 Torenhire wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2011 00:09 ReeveR wrote:
This seems very typical of Idra's charecter, although the situation is very messed up. I know you can't really enforce no ghosting or anything, but have you guys considered the reprecussions of people stream sniping? if it happens alot then the players won't stream ladder as much, as the viewers we're the ones who suffer. I know you can't stop them from searching at the same time, but cruncher pulling that would piss anyone off, gives him a huge advantage obviously and is VERY BM.


Okay.

If stream sniping REALLY pisses you off, here's a simple thing to do. It's pretty easy.

Most streaming services have a "delay" feature where you can automatically delay your stream by X Seconds.

http://www.justin.tv/broadcast/adv_delay_server

Stream sniping is now taken care of.

Show nested quote +
On May 09 2011 00:11 Dag0N wrote:
I can't help but feel this forum post is out of place. Idra banned for 90 days, take that Idra. Anyone?
I mean as "to single him out" publicly.


Anyone who has been here over a couple of months has seen him banned like 10 times. It's not really news to us.


I'm aware of the "delay" feature offered by JTV... why should he have to? he shouldn't have to worry about BM kids sniping him.. What was he learning zerg off-race? not a chance. he was sniping him. Idra reacted like anyone knows he would (badly). I don't really care about this whole thing, he overreacted and was banned for it. end of story?
I know that I am intelligent because I know that I know nothing
zeru
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
8156 Posts
May 08 2011 15:30 GMT
#1509
--- Nuked ---
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
May 08 2011 15:33 GMT
#1510
On May 08 2011 23:54 Nutro wrote:
My life is literally ruined because this pro gamer is banned on a forum. I spent my whole night crying in my room with the lights turned off. My mother isn't even coming over today and I tore up her Mother's Day card because I am just so upset over the fact of the amazing Idra being banned for a longer period of time. I just checked in to a psychiatrist to hopefully find ways to deal with this post traumatic stress disorder. I simply can not function day to day knowing that Idra is banned for 90 days.


Lol'd outloud, this is one of my favourite posts on TL now. Tore up the mother's day card, epic xD
dANiELcanuck
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada217 Posts
May 08 2011 15:33 GMT
#1511
If IdrA hadn't been banned over calling CrunCher a waste of life (which is the most moronic reason I've ever heard of), he wouldn't be in this situation. If you take offense to that you've got to be either incredibly stupid or have severe emotional issues.
zeru
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
8156 Posts
May 08 2011 15:35 GMT
#1512
--- Nuked ---
jax1492
Profile Joined November 2009
United States1632 Posts
May 08 2011 15:35 GMT
#1513
I think idra/greg can at sometimes be really funny when he says "oh im the best etc. etc." but he went too far, i doubt he will learn from this but team eg just can't have their players go around acting like this it makes eg look bad, i hope they take some action.
whiterabb1t
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium681 Posts
May 08 2011 15:35 GMT
#1514
On May 09 2011 00:30 zeru wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2011 00:28 whiterabb1t wrote:
On May 09 2011 00:23 zeru wrote:
On May 09 2011 00:11 whiterabb1t wrote:
So...

1. Idra feels he was cheated so he BMs about it
2. Chill gives him a 2 day ban
3. Idra tweets something that the mods assume is a passive aggressive attack (reasonable based on Idra's history), although I the mods can clarify if the talk that happened between them included what this particular tweet meant.
4. Idra stonewalls, feels his reaction is justified given the "cheating" that happened
5. TL bans him for 90 days...

I don't know the metrics for bans, but the only one i saw as long as that was LosingID8 banning WinningID8 for 90 days with a reason like "I hope you suffer." You understand why i remember that vividly.

Also, I'm sure in the 70+ pages its been discussed to death already, so let me point out the essentials. Cruncher blind countered Idra's all in. There is a probability that without scout Cruncher could do it because it it has been done before, on the same map. Cruncher was on Idra's stream, though he says it is muted and minimized. Cruncher has 2 monitors. Okay, based on this, we can conclude for sure that there is NO solid proof that Cruncher ghosted (although there is opportunity and motive), as well as there is NO solid proof as well that he did not.

His behavior was a result of the grey area of this event. He is a professional and this things matter to him. He should be banned, but in the light of the inconclusive evidence to point one or the other, I believe the 90 ban is too much.

On the other hand, if it stand, I could imagine a messiah like welcoming of Idra from his fans upon his return.

PS.
Why was this thread necessary anyway? Did the mods feel the need to explain their action? Or to guage public opinion?

Did you even watch the damn replay? Cruncher did not blind counter at all, in fact his reaction to it was really bad. No extra cannons except for the standard 1, slow core with zealots being built. It's so damn annoying when people come here and pretend like cruncher blind countered.
[image loading]


I saw the game. Im just inquiring about the whole ban thing. No need to be aggressive please.


If you saw the game why do you state he blind countered


I'd like to respond to this and to the nuances of the phrase "blind counter", but lets rest it pal. it is neither necessary or desired, at least on my part. if any mod could answer my PS though, would be appreciated. reposting in case you missed it:

Why was this thread necessary anyway? Did the mods feel the need to explain their action? Or to guage public opinion?|



j3i
Profile Joined February 2011
United States357 Posts
May 08 2011 15:38 GMT
#1515
On May 09 2011 00:35 whiterabb1t wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2011 00:30 zeru wrote:
On May 09 2011 00:28 whiterabb1t wrote:
On May 09 2011 00:23 zeru wrote:
On May 09 2011 00:11 whiterabb1t wrote:
So...

1. Idra feels he was cheated so he BMs about it
2. Chill gives him a 2 day ban
3. Idra tweets something that the mods assume is a passive aggressive attack (reasonable based on Idra's history), although I the mods can clarify if the talk that happened between them included what this particular tweet meant.
4. Idra stonewalls, feels his reaction is justified given the "cheating" that happened
5. TL bans him for 90 days...

I don't know the metrics for bans, but the only one i saw as long as that was LosingID8 banning WinningID8 for 90 days with a reason like "I hope you suffer." You understand why i remember that vividly.

Also, I'm sure in the 70+ pages its been discussed to death already, so let me point out the essentials. Cruncher blind countered Idra's all in. There is a probability that without scout Cruncher could do it because it it has been done before, on the same map. Cruncher was on Idra's stream, though he says it is muted and minimized. Cruncher has 2 monitors. Okay, based on this, we can conclude for sure that there is NO solid proof that Cruncher ghosted (although there is opportunity and motive), as well as there is NO solid proof as well that he did not.

His behavior was a result of the grey area of this event. He is a professional and this things matter to him. He should be banned, but in the light of the inconclusive evidence to point one or the other, I believe the 90 ban is too much.

On the other hand, if it stand, I could imagine a messiah like welcoming of Idra from his fans upon his return.

PS.
Why was this thread necessary anyway? Did the mods feel the need to explain their action? Or to guage public opinion?

Did you even watch the damn replay? Cruncher did not blind counter at all, in fact his reaction to it was really bad. No extra cannons except for the standard 1, slow core with zealots being built. It's so damn annoying when people come here and pretend like cruncher blind countered.
[image loading]


I saw the game. Im just inquiring about the whole ban thing. No need to be aggressive please.


If you saw the game why do you state he blind countered


I'd like to respond to this and to the nuances of the phrase "blind counter", but lets rest it pal. it is neither necessary or desired, at least on my part. if any mod could answer my PS though, would be appreciated. reposting in case you missed it:

Show nested quote +
Why was this thread necessary anyway? Did the mods feel the need to explain their action? Or to guage public opinion?|





You know there would be several hateful/trolling threads about it regardless. It's like damage control.
I am an idiot who knows only about gaming, so there is nothing private to talk about to begin with. - Bisu
Zealotdriver
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1557 Posts
May 08 2011 15:39 GMT
#1516
Nazgul fighting!

I hope EG has a talk with IdrA to stop this kind of behavior.
Turn off the radio
Sky101
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States1758 Posts
May 08 2011 15:41 GMT
#1517

On May 08 2011 23:54 Nutro wrote:
My life is literally ruined because this pro gamer is banned on a forum. I spent my whole night crying in my room with the lights turned off. My mother isn't even coming over today and I tore up her Mother's Day card because I am just so upset over the fact of the amazing Idra being banned for a longer period of time. I just checked in to a psychiatrist to hopefully find ways to deal with this post traumatic stress disorder. I simply can not function day to day knowing that Idra is banned for 90 days.

Wow, I'm cool, I don't care, so I'm going to go into a topic that I don't care about, and tell everyone that hey look everyone, I don't care!
Peter, Dang, pm me!!!
dANiELcanuck
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada217 Posts
May 08 2011 15:41 GMT
#1518
If IdrA hadn't been banned over calling CrunCher a waste of life (which is the most moronic reason I've ever heard of), he wouldn't be in this situation. If you take offense to that you've got to be either incredibly stupid or have severe emotional issues.
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
May 08 2011 15:42 GMT
#1519
On May 09 2011 00:26 BeefAvenger wrote:
I don't understand the comments that say Cruncher should be punished. Even if he did stream cheat, is TeamLiquid the ladder police now? Streamwatching just seems like one of the risks of streaming, don't see why you'd expecct TL to fix it for you

When they decide who does and doesn't get featured I would go as far as to say they are the stream police, yes.

How many people have tried to get featured because it means tons more viewers? If there's a guy stream cheating and otherwise doing things that are clearly against fair play he should be punished.

Cruncher hasn't been proven to do that but if he was there should definitely be repercussions
whiterabb1t
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Belgium681 Posts
May 08 2011 15:42 GMT
#1520
On May 09 2011 00:41 dANiELcanuck wrote:
If IdrA hadn't been banned over calling CrunCher a waste of life (which is the most moronic reason I've ever heard of), he wouldn't be in this situation. If you take offense to that you've got to be either incredibly stupid or have severe emotional issues.


why repost?
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 194
ProTech137
Nina 86
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 209
Dewaltoss 121
Bale 38
ZergMaN 25
Noble 12
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 704
Other Games
summit1g11254
Sick225
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick864
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2177
League of Legends
• Lourlo1190
• Rush1172
• Stunt199
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 2m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 2m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 2m
Replay Cast
17h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.