• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:39
CEST 09:39
KST 16:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10055 users

Gay StarCraft Players - Page 255

Forum Index > TL Community
Post a Reply
Prev 1 253 254 255 256 257 370 Next
Don't post in this thread to say "gay gamers are like everyone else, why do they have a special thread?" It is something that has been posted numerous times, and this isn't the place for that discussion.

For regular posters, don't quote the trolls.
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
February 12 2012 23:41 GMT
#5081
On February 13 2012 08:25 Damrak wrote:
Serious question: Is Catz gay? I'm suspecting something...


We don't speculate about the pro's (at least we shouldn't). We'll wish but we won't make guesses. We don't know if he's gay anymore than anyone else :/
#2throwed
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-12 23:51:55
February 12 2012 23:51 GMT
#5082
Gay or not Catz is super in love with DRG
....looks like Genius and I have more competition....
lol
moo...for DRG
...what
Profile Joined April 2011
England94 Posts
February 13 2012 00:31 GMT
#5083
Hi, not sure if this is the place for this sort of thing but, as a not gay gentlemen I do wonder about this.

Despite living in a pretty suburban sheltered environment with conservative parents I was exposed to gay people through the internet since I was about 12. So nowadays when I find myself in a lot of situations where I hear people slagging off gay people and stuff, or using it as an insult I just have difficulty understanding them. As if they're primitive (which I suppose is a fair description of homophobia) and out of touch.

I mean, this isn't just a real life thing, if I open up sc2 I sometime get insulted by opening with a <3 to my opponent, citing reasons like 'you faggot'. And this is way different from the sort of old internet I'm used to where I've genuinely experienced message board posters being given advice on their crossdressing habits by other posters on websites completely unrelated to that sort of thing.

I mean this is sort of becoming a nostalgic post about the good old days where the internet was primarily liberal basement nerds who didnt care about social norms but I am starting to feel as though the internet is becoming more 'mainstream'(?) when it comes to this sort of prejudice.

so what I really mean to ask is have any of you felt this sort of shift from the 04-06 sort of times until now in terms of non-acceptance from communities. And do you feel as though the increasing presence of the internet in normal peoples lives are increasing open mindedness(as I would say it has to me) or do you think the juvenile name calling and such you get on the web generally hurts gay rights as stuff, as the kids on the web who maybe would have learnt from good examples a few years ago now just repeat insults they heard on 4chan?

this is just a point of discussion, forgive me if its not something anyone wants to answer or if its just not appropriate
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 00:43:40
February 13 2012 00:43 GMT
#5084
Something definitely changed during the early 2000s
I think mainstream media exposures such as Will and Grace and Brokeback Mountain helped in that they started portraying gay people not as some sort of disease ridden monsters, but just...people with normal lives.

Also I would credit the internet a lot.
Freeflow information beats out listening to your grandparents bias and misconception about a group of minority.
moo...for DRG
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 02:37:08
February 13 2012 02:36 GMT
#5085
Jarryd...we need a skype call. We wanna hear your accent.

We have a hunch you might be sexier than Marv.
#2throwed
Proseat
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Germany5113 Posts
February 13 2012 04:02 GMT
#5086
On February 13 2012 08:24 Troxle wrote:
I prefer less hair honestly. No bears for me. Five o'clock shadow is pretty sexy though


Pretty much my taste as well.
The Rise and Fall of SlayerS -- a timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=378097
Velocirapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States983 Posts
February 13 2012 05:33 GMT
#5087
On February 13 2012 13:02 Proseat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 08:24 Troxle wrote:
I prefer less hair honestly. No bears for me. Five o'clock shadow is pretty sexy though


Pretty much my taste as well.


IMO hair is good everywhere but the back . I tend to be more into cubs naturally. There is something awkward about a guy who manscapes too much (completely hairless). Trimming is required/encouraged in many cases but complete hairlessness makes you look like an overgrown child. At least thats how it looks to me...
Axero
Profile Joined September 2011
United States307 Posts
February 13 2012 06:08 GMT
#5088
On February 13 2012 14:33 Velocirapture wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 13:02 Proseat wrote:
On February 13 2012 08:24 Troxle wrote:
I prefer less hair honestly. No bears for me. Five o'clock shadow is pretty sexy though


Pretty much my taste as well.


IMO hair is good everywhere but the back . I tend to be more into cubs naturally. There is something awkward about a guy who manscapes too much (completely hairless). Trimming is required/encouraged in many cases but complete hairlessness makes you look like an overgrown child. At least thats how it looks to me...


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


...no bueno.
☺
kentriarch
Profile Joined January 2012
Singapore61 Posts
February 13 2012 06:43 GMT
#5089
On February 13 2012 15:08 Axero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 14:33 Velocirapture wrote:
On February 13 2012 13:02 Proseat wrote:
On February 13 2012 08:24 Troxle wrote:
I prefer less hair honestly. No bears for me. Five o'clock shadow is pretty sexy though


Pretty much my taste as well.


IMO hair is good everywhere but the back . I tend to be more into cubs naturally. There is something awkward about a guy who manscapes too much (completely hairless). Trimming is required/encouraged in many cases but complete hairlessness makes you look like an overgrown child. At least thats how it looks to me...


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


...no bueno.


ARGH!!!!

Oh, shaved hairless groin is pretty disturbing... Only time shaved hairlessness is allowed is for competitive swimmers.
Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
matjlav
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Germany2435 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 06:55:49
February 13 2012 06:52 GMT
#5090
reporting back from page 233 for those curious (god, this thread really grows fast these days): saw the guy again last week. at the end of the night, I couldn't get the guts to make a physical move, so I instead made a verbal move, i.e. telling him upfront that I'm interested but can't figure out what he's looking for. long story short, we ended up kissing and it's looking like I won't be observing singles awareness day this year. (well, at least not in full. I suppose I'm still technically single since it's nothing official yet.) still, huzzah!
Velocirapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States983 Posts
February 13 2012 07:26 GMT
#5091
On February 13 2012 15:08 Axero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 14:33 Velocirapture wrote:
On February 13 2012 13:02 Proseat wrote:
On February 13 2012 08:24 Troxle wrote:
I prefer less hair honestly. No bears for me. Five o'clock shadow is pretty sexy though


Pretty much my taste as well.


IMO hair is good everywhere but the back . I tend to be more into cubs naturally. There is something awkward about a guy who manscapes too much (completely hairless). Trimming is required/encouraged in many cases but complete hairlessness makes you look like an overgrown child. At least thats how it looks to me...


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


...no bueno.


That is a wookie. Like i said, trimming required...
Josketh
Profile Joined October 2011
United States155 Posts
February 13 2012 07:58 GMT
#5092
On February 13 2012 09:31 ...what wrote:
Hi, not sure if this is the place for this sort of thing but, as a not gay gentlemen I do wonder about this.

Despite living in a pretty suburban sheltered environment with conservative parents I was exposed to gay people through the internet since I was about 12. So nowadays when I find myself in a lot of situations where I hear people slagging off gay people and stuff, or using it as an insult I just have difficulty understanding them. As if they're primitive (which I suppose is a fair description of homophobia) and out of touch.

I mean, this isn't just a real life thing, if I open up sc2 I sometime get insulted by opening with a <3 to my opponent, citing reasons like 'you faggot'. And this is way different from the sort of old internet I'm used to where I've genuinely experienced message board posters being given advice on their crossdressing habits by other posters on websites completely unrelated to that sort of thing.

I mean this is sort of becoming a nostalgic post about the good old days where the internet was primarily liberal basement nerds who didnt care about social norms but I am starting to feel as though the internet is becoming more 'mainstream'(?) when it comes to this sort of prejudice.

so what I really mean to ask is have any of you felt this sort of shift from the 04-06 sort of times until now in terms of non-acceptance from communities. And do you feel as though the increasing presence of the internet in normal peoples lives are increasing open mindedness(as I would say it has to me) or do you think the juvenile name calling and such you get on the web generally hurts gay rights as stuff, as the kids on the web who maybe would have learnt from good examples a few years ago now just repeat insults they heard on 4chan?

this is just a point of discussion, forgive me if its not something anyone wants to answer or if its just not appropriate


I can't really speak on the most of this but I did want to touch on the insults bit. When I came out in high school, 2003, I was pretty much "down shifted" in to the outcasts group. Now because we are boys we teased each other. Well because of my constitution, the game became "let's try to offend Josh" because, quite honestly, words only mean what I let them so becoming offended is really hard for me unless I desire it.

I've been called every name under the sun but the real moment when we all became closer was when one of the group didn't want to get in the trash can so we could roll him down the stairs. Jackass was getting big at the time and we were those kids. We taunted him a few times but he never did it until one day, I decided to speak up.

"Quit being a bitch faggot and do it."

The group fell silent then let out a collective: "DAAAAYYYYYYUUUUUUUMMMMM!" We all then douched on the kid and he found this new resolve to prove himself. So we rolled him down the stairs in a trash can.

Now, I've grown up a bit since then so I understand the context of words and how to use them better but I still have a habit of saying something is "faggy" or something. Luckily, South Park has come out with an episode that really helped explained my whole stance on the subject better that I could.

To me "faggot" =/= gay in the same way that "nigger" =/= african american. To me the f-word describes something that is overwhelmingly obnoxious, whiny, or naggy. The N-word is just a term I use for ignorant and lazy individuals of any race.

As for credentials, I am homosexual and bi-racial (African-american/Austria-Hungarian. Yes, when they were still one country).

I do think that when people have more exposure to different cultures, they start to question the status-quo to an extent. Like, some people during the Civil Rights era weren't actually racist. They didn't know that there was another way to do things regarding others of different race. My dad, for instance, had always been around people who were of different races. So when people would say racists remarks to him throughout his life, he wouldn't really comprehend what they really meant. One of the things I think I may have taken from him was the ability to make people question their thoughts when it comes to those things. I've had several of my previously staunchly anti-gay friends become full fledged supporters of gay rights because they didn't think it fair that I wouldn't get to get married. Once they put a face to what they were fighting against they lost their will to do so.

I'm rambling.

I need more ice cream.
Craft naked.
jarrydesque
Profile Joined November 2010
584 Posts
February 13 2012 09:34 GMT
#5093
I haven't plugged my PC in since I got home yesterday - I'm trying to keep it off for as long as possible. While I was house sitting I did not study at all, so I'm rather behind. Though I might have to switch it on sooner than I had hoped because I need to order another book.

So today was supposed to be the big start of study day and I only woke up at 11:30am. I feel so sick out of nowhere. All pukey, headachey and sore body(ey). So I think I'll continue to flop around the house pathetically.

I've got the bedroom laptop, so I'll pop onto gteamliquid every now and then to say hi.
#1 Kennigit fanboy/stalker
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
February 13 2012 09:44 GMT
#5094
:/
Get well soon, Jarry.
wow...puking, headaches and sore body.
I hope you're not pregnant
moo...for DRG
Nibbler89
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
884 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-13 11:06:36
February 13 2012 11:05 GMT
#5095
I'll be streaming me vs gravity's practice games the next time we play for anyone interested (masters tvz) , will probably stream whenever I'm on sc2 from now on though ^^. http://www.twitch.tv/nibbler89 (nothing on there atm other than me vs a literal noob for testing the stream / quality)

Unfortunately not best quality for webcam, for some reason it defaults to lowest setting it seems like, not sure how to fix.

Edit: Hope you feel better JD!
Silverfoxx
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States184 Posts
February 13 2012 12:31 GMT
#5096
Feel better JD. never fun to be sick... it makes your gaming less doable! x.x

I know i'm never around, but it's mostly because i've switched from SC2 to LoL mostly. Do have a question though, anyone out there who could give me a hand sometime setting up streaming/recording stuff on my computer? A pro player named Nhat Nguyen in LoL brought up a good point that there is no day9 or tastosis, or even anyone who seems to be trying to go for those kinda casting rolls and i'd like to see if I could start getting some basic fame there. Who knows, maybe I could even come back to being a SC2 caster as well? It's not that I don't have a fairly good sense of the game (little bit outdated on current metas and how good which pros are... nestea losing zvz? ;~ but whenever I try to play, my hands derp around a little way the hell too much and I just get frustrated and stop after like... 2 failing games. X3

Also, favoriting your stream when i see you online nibbler. :D
The fox is back.
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
February 13 2012 13:10 GMT
#5097
I'd listen to Silver cast.
#2throwed
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 13 2012 13:34 GMT
#5098
On February 13 2012 15:52 matjlav wrote:
reporting back from page 233 for those curious (god, this thread really grows fast these days): saw the guy again last week. at the end of the night, I couldn't get the guts to make a physical move, so I instead made a verbal move, i.e. telling him upfront that I'm interested but can't figure out what he's looking for. long story short, we ended up kissing and it's looking like I won't be observing singles awareness day this year. (well, at least not in full. I suppose I'm still technically single since it's nothing official yet.) still, huzzah!


Nice! Well done for making some sort of move, it didn't have to be directly physical.

glhf
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Klondikebar
Profile Joined October 2011
United States2227 Posts
February 13 2012 13:40 GMT
#5099
On February 13 2012 15:52 matjlav wrote:
reporting back from page 233 for those curious (god, this thread really grows fast these days): saw the guy again last week. at the end of the night, I couldn't get the guts to make a physical move, so I instead made a verbal move, i.e. telling him upfront that I'm interested but can't figure out what he's looking for. long story short, we ended up kissing and it's looking like I won't be observing singles awareness day this year. (well, at least not in full. I suppose I'm still technically single since it's nothing official yet.) still, huzzah!


I totally missed this post. Isn't kissing awesome?!
#2throwed
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 13 2012 13:42 GMT
#5100
On February 13 2012 22:40 Klondikebar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2012 15:52 matjlav wrote:
reporting back from page 233 for those curious (god, this thread really grows fast these days): saw the guy again last week. at the end of the night, I couldn't get the guts to make a physical move, so I instead made a verbal move, i.e. telling him upfront that I'm interested but can't figure out what he's looking for. long story short, we ended up kissing and it's looking like I won't be observing singles awareness day this year. (well, at least not in full. I suppose I'm still technically single since it's nothing official yet.) still, huzzah!


I totally missed this post. Isn't kissing awesome?!


Haha yeah, I figured people had missed it, because we love this kinda stuff :p
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 253 254 255 256 257 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 1008
ggaemo 482
Stork 335
Leta 250
Larva 218
PianO 110
Hyuk 34
ZergMaN 27
yabsab 21
Bale 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm182
League of Legends
JimRising 470
Reynor98
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King214
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor823
Other Games
summit1g9906
C9.Mang0271
Sick184
PiGStarcraft148
ArmadaUGS42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick549
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream177
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2312
League of Legends
• Lourlo1148
• Stunt537
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
2h 21m
Online Event
3h 21m
FEL
8h 21m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 21m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 21m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
INu's Battles
1d 4h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.