• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:05
CEST 03:05
KST 10:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7829 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 248

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 246 247 248 249 250 383 Next
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
January 26 2013 14:16 GMT
#4941
CM quickfire rapid seems good but i don't like the layout, i prefere a normal layout...
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
January 26 2013 15:38 GMT
#4942
On January 26 2013 19:08 kaykaykay wrote:
Got myself a rapid red switch, it's my first ever. Thanks Blaec for your help!
The keys are great, the feel is great, everything is perfect except for the size/length.
It's too small even for someone like me with tiny hands.
Problem with adjusting too, I seem to be pressing the keys all the way down.


S'all good.

Do you mean you got a tenkeyless keyboard?
If so just get a fullsize.

If you mean the keys are too small, then sorry, mechanical boards are virtually all the same size with the same size keys.

Its totally no problem pressing the keys all the way down. It is just more efficient if you only press the keys down to the activation point.
kaykaykay
Profile Joined July 2012
Singapore637 Posts
January 26 2013 17:09 GMT
#4943
On January 27 2013 00:38 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2013 19:08 kaykaykay wrote:
Got myself a rapid red switch, it's my first ever. Thanks Blaec for your help!
The keys are great, the feel is great, everything is perfect except for the size/length.
It's too small even for someone like me with tiny hands.
Problem with adjusting too, I seem to be pressing the keys all the way down.


S'all good.

Do you mean you got a tenkeyless keyboard?
If so just get a fullsize.

If you mean the keys are too small, then sorry, mechanical boards are virtually all the same size with the same size keys.

Its totally no problem pressing the keys all the way down. It is just more efficient if you only press the keys down to the activation point.


10 keyless?
I meant the keyboard is designed itself small. The distance between the left Alt key to QWER feels too short and you have to bend your thumb to rest your finger on it.
Starve the ego, feed the soul.
derpface
Profile Joined October 2012
Sweden925 Posts
January 26 2013 17:25 GMT
#4944
On January 27 2013 02:09 kaykaykay wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 00:38 Blaec wrote:
On January 26 2013 19:08 kaykaykay wrote:
Got myself a rapid red switch, it's my first ever. Thanks Blaec for your help!
The keys are great, the feel is great, everything is perfect except for the size/length.
It's too small even for someone like me with tiny hands.
Problem with adjusting too, I seem to be pressing the keys all the way down.


S'all good.

Do you mean you got a tenkeyless keyboard?
If so just get a fullsize.

If you mean the keys are too small, then sorry, mechanical boards are virtually all the same size with the same size keys.

Its totally no problem pressing the keys all the way down. It is just more efficient if you only press the keys down to the activation point.


10 keyless?
I meant the keyboard is designed itself small. The distance between the left Alt key to QWER feels too short and you have to bend your thumb to rest your finger on it.


Yeah people call the keyboard that doesnt have the numpad part of the keyboard tenkeyless (TKL)
gg no re #_< no1 Hydra and Leta fan >_#
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-26 22:31:28
January 26 2013 22:31 GMT
#4945
After typing/playing on my buckling spring Unicomp for some time I have to say its my favorite keyboard. Everything I do on this thing feels great. Granted this keyboard is so poorly manufactured (bits of plastic on the sides of keys, keys out of alignment, dent in the spacebar, flimsy casing, slippery/flimsy feet, wiggly keycaps, non-detachable cable, etc., etc.) but it's still my favorite keyboard I own.

If you can't find an IBM or Dell for your buckling spring needs, I say still buy a Unicomp simply for the advantage buckling springs have over any other switch, and this coming from a lover of the topre 45g.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
kaykaykay
Profile Joined July 2012
Singapore637 Posts
January 27 2013 03:10 GMT
#4946
On January 27 2013 02:25 derpface wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 02:09 kaykaykay wrote:
On January 27 2013 00:38 Blaec wrote:
On January 26 2013 19:08 kaykaykay wrote:
Got myself a rapid red switch, it's my first ever. Thanks Blaec for your help!
The keys are great, the feel is great, everything is perfect except for the size/length.
It's too small even for someone like me with tiny hands.
Problem with adjusting too, I seem to be pressing the keys all the way down.


S'all good.

Do you mean you got a tenkeyless keyboard?
If so just get a fullsize.

If you mean the keys are too small, then sorry, mechanical boards are virtually all the same size with the same size keys.

Its totally no problem pressing the keys all the way down. It is just more efficient if you only press the keys down to the activation point.


10 keyless?
I meant the keyboard is designed itself small. The distance between the left Alt key to QWER feels too short and you have to bend your thumb to rest your finger on it.


Yeah people call the keyboard that doesnt have the numpad part of the keyboard tenkeyless (TKL)


Ah, yes. It's TKL. Like all CM Storm quick fire rapids are.
Starve the ego, feed the soul.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
January 27 2013 06:25 GMT
#4947
On January 27 2013 02:09 kaykaykay wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 00:38 Blaec wrote:
On January 26 2013 19:08 kaykaykay wrote:
Got myself a rapid red switch, it's my first ever. Thanks Blaec for your help!
The keys are great, the feel is great, everything is perfect except for the size/length.
It's too small even for someone like me with tiny hands.
Problem with adjusting too, I seem to be pressing the keys all the way down.


S'all good.

Do you mean you got a tenkeyless keyboard?
If so just get a fullsize.

If you mean the keys are too small, then sorry, mechanical boards are virtually all the same size with the same size keys.

Its totally no problem pressing the keys all the way down. It is just more efficient if you only press the keys down to the activation point.


10 keyless?
I meant the keyboard is designed itself small. The distance between the left Alt key to QWER feels too short and you have to bend your thumb to rest your finger on it.


Some people feel this when coming from rubber dome boards. Virtually all mechanicals have the same key sizes, so your options are sticking with your CM board and hopefully getting used to it. Or just go back to rubber dome keyboards.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-27 14:19:52
January 27 2013 14:12 GMT
#4948
I wanted to try Topre keyboards. But they are really expensive. Like 275$.
PiPaPoh
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
121 Posts
January 27 2013 18:29 GMT
#4949
Its a joke, yes. Even the numberpads are 130$....
DERPDERP
Profile Joined October 2010
Kyrgyzstan189 Posts
January 27 2013 18:55 GMT
#4950
On January 27 2013 23:12 KAB00000000M wrote:
I wanted to try Topre keyboards. But they are really expensive. Like 275$.


Wow, thats fucked up got mine for 160 € realforce that is
8)
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 27 2013 19:02 GMT
#4951
On January 28 2013 03:55 DERPDERP wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2013 23:12 KAB00000000M wrote:
I wanted to try Topre keyboards. But they are really expensive. Like 275$.


Wow, thats fucked up got mine for 160 € realforce that is


Yeah I just checked Elitekeyboards.com. They go for 180€! I'm not paying that much. I bet it will be around 200€ in total including shipping.
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
January 27 2013 19:06 GMT
#4952
Bucking springs are that good?
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
poeticEnnui
Profile Joined September 2010
United States78 Posts
January 27 2013 20:41 GMT
#4953
Buckling springs are the most wonderful keyboards that I've ever typed on. The newer Unicomps aren't manufactured to the same standard as the old IBMs, but I still prefer them to any other switch on the market, Topre included.

I mean, it's all a matter of taste, but buckling springs are my favorite by far.
Chylith
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada167 Posts
January 27 2013 23:16 GMT
#4954
On January 25 2013 16:40 ETisME wrote:
so ducky just announced the ducky shine 2 78 version
why 78?
7 LED colours + 8 switches + 1 grey switch keychain

http://iqmore.tw/ducky-shine-2-78-version-backlit-mechanical-keyboard-review

ducky will only make 78 of these.

Me want one...

How does one go about buying one of these in Canada? D=
Goddamnit this is the most retarded thing I will read all week and it's only fucking tuesday. ~Hawk
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 28 2013 01:08 GMT
#4955
I'm going to check out buckling springs a little more. Since you are convinced like that. It is interesting.
Do they have NKRO or at least enough xKRO for sc2? Let's say 6KRO or whatever the closest one is.(I forgot what it was)
How are the actuation how you feel them? Are they harder or softer?
TwilightRain
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany351 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 07:22:35
January 28 2013 07:22 GMT
#4956
On January 28 2013 10:08 KAB00000000M wrote:
I'm going to check out buckling springs a little more. Since you are convinced like that. It is interesting.
Do they have NKRO or at least enough xKRO for sc2? Let's say 6KRO or whatever the closest one is.(I forgot what it was)
How are the actuation how you feel them? Are they harder or softer?

They are harder than any other common Cherry switch (Actuation force: 65-70 g) and a lot louder than even Cherry blues or tactile-clicky ALPS switches. You might like them for typing, but I would strongly recommend against them for gaming.
Here's a sound example:
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
January 28 2013 07:33 GMT
#4957
I just switched from blacks to blues (6gv2 to CMstorm) and I have a question. Is it normal for the blues to feel flimsy if you aren't used to them? The blacks i felt I could hammer down on and not worry about them because I am a very heavy typer but the blues feel like I am doing some damage by pressing hard.

Just curious if this is normal switching from blacks to blues for them to feel kind of off or loose.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
January 28 2013 07:51 GMT
#4958
On January 28 2013 16:33 Esoterikk wrote:
I just switched from blacks to blues (6gv2 to CMstorm) and I have a question. Is it normal for the blues to feel flimsy if you aren't used to them? The blacks i felt I could hammer down on and not worry about them because I am a very heavy typer but the blues feel like I am doing some damage by pressing hard.

Just curious if this is normal switching from blacks to blues for them to feel kind of off or loose.


Yes it's normal. Don't worry. They won't break.

And as far as buckling springs, they are actually very enjoyable for me gaming but I do tire much faster from the heavy actuation resistance.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
poeticEnnui
Profile Joined September 2010
United States78 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-28 09:06:50
January 28 2013 09:06 GMT
#4959
On January 28 2013 16:22 TwilightRain wrote:
You might like them for typing, but I would strongly recommend against them for gaming.


Why, just out of curiosity? I love my Unicomp for gaming; I prefer the higher actuation force if only because it makes each keypress feel a lot more deliberate. Finger fatigue was never really something I noticed, even after long Starcrafting sessions.
TwilightRain
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany351 Posts
January 28 2013 10:34 GMT
#4960
On January 28 2013 18:06 poeticEnnui wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 28 2013 16:22 TwilightRain wrote:
You might like them for typing, but I would strongly recommend against them for gaming.


Why, just out of curiosity? I love my Unicomp for gaming; I prefer the higher actuation force if only because it makes each keypress feel a lot more deliberate. Finger fatigue was never really something I noticed, even after long Starcrafting sessions.


Too loud and too stiff for my liking. I feel like the higher actuation force and high resistance near the actuation point impedes hand speed. And since finger fatigue in high-APM games can be an issue even with MX-Blacks, it could certainly be an issue with Buckling Springs.
Prev 1 246 247 248 249 250 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 137
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 467
Bale 40
League of Legends
Doublelift4474
Other Games
summit1g9561
JimRising 547
ViBE245
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick676
BasetradeTV199
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 116
• Light_VIP 4
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra941
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 56m
Patches Events
13h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 56m
OSC
21h 56m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.