• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:10
CEST 09:10
KST 16:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9830 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 246

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 244 245 246 247 248 383 Next
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 23 2013 14:52 GMT
#4901
I'm not sure how much the DT-35 USB version is in "X"-Key Roll Over. But it must be better than 2KRO. I got the PS/2 version and the USB version. For some reason I liked the USB version better - even though I know that PS/2 allows more key clicks at once.
Firkraag8
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden1006 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-23 15:14:15
January 23 2013 15:13 GMT
#4902
Got my new KB now a couple weeks ago, was originally planning another Filco but reading about the PBT caps on the Ducky G2Pro made me want to try one out.

Said and done I bought one and while I really do enjoy it, I have to say that the Filco felt overall better to me. I don't know if this is on account of going from Cherry MX Blues which I had on the Filco to Brown on the Ducky or if it's the PBT caps but it's either way a very good keyboard which I'm getting used to more and more.

One big bonus is that it has really solid rubber feet on the bottom which makes it not move AT ALL when playing SC2 which is something that really bothered me with my old Filco Majestouch TKL that I had to adjust between games.

Here's an image of it.
[image loading]
(Click for full size)
Too weird to live, too rare to die.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-23 16:42:13
January 23 2013 16:41 GMT
#4903
Do anyone remember the Saitek Eclipse keyboard? The silver one with blue back lighting.
It had some very comfortable key caps. Do anyone know what they were made of or what that kind of key caps are called?

And thank you for sharing your change from filco to ducky btw.
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
January 23 2013 17:45 GMT
#4904
On January 23 2013 18:26 evolnoctis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2013 10:17 Havik_ wrote:
Is there anywhere I can get a Blackwidow Stealth(non ultimate) without buying it through the Razer store??


amazon



I don't see it on there.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-23 18:19:22
January 23 2013 18:17 GMT
#4905
On January 23 2013 22:20 Cyro wrote:
Really, key rollover is pretty important, important enough to be something you run into often enough for it to be a concern normally. I hit it in quite a lot of games before, probably in more than i realized and got slightly impaired by it, and a friend asking about mechanical boards recently who didnt know the first thing about keyboards brought it up with me. NKRO is a little bit of a luxury thing that is probably irrelevant, but i wouldnt want to touch a 2KRO board myself


Totally, more than 2KRO is needed for other games. But I don't know of any 2KRO boards that are being sold anymore, everything is at least 6KRO over usb.

Its just NKRO is marketed as some amazing, essential technology when the vast majority of games will be perfect with 6KRO.

On January 23 2013 23:52 KAB00000000M wrote:
I'm not sure how much the DT-35 USB version is in "X"-Key Roll Over. But it must be better than 2KRO. I got the PS/2 version and the USB version. For some reason I liked the USB version better - even though I know that PS/2 allows more key clicks at once.


You can test it if you want
Nithix
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States184 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-23 20:33:30
January 23 2013 20:31 GMT
#4906
On January 23 2013 17:57 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2013 17:26 Nithix wrote:
I think, after three years of having zero spending money, I will finally be getting myself a mechanical keyboard. Currently, I'm looking at buying a Filco (as was my plan when SC2 came out). I'll probably be getting a Ninja, full keyboard blue switches. I don't really like the Camo and Metallic shennanigans they have, and I'd rather buy from Amazon since I'll get free shipping and save a couple of bucks. I can deal with having my characters printed more subtley.

Does anyone have an opinion on Filco these days? Are they still built like they were a couple of years ago? From what I heard, they were the best around then.


Still super solid, apart from media keys on some they have no features though. If you don't care about removable cables, backlighting, macro keys etc they are still a great, if expensive choice.


Heh yeah, the reason I decided I'm just going to get a Filco is because I don't really want any of the extra crap. If Das hadn't start putting media keys on their keyboard, I probably would have just settled for one of those. I think I've grown out of the flashy lights, as well... Lol. Ask me that six years ago and I probably would have bought a Razer, sadly. Haha.

I just want a good keyboard, and even if I'm probably over paying, I just want something that looks simple and slick. Filco it is I think...

On January 24 2013 01:41 KAB00000000M wrote:
Do anyone remember the Saitek Eclipse keyboard? The silver one with blue back lighting.
It had some very comfortable key caps. Do anyone know what they were made of or what that kind of key caps are called?

And thank you for sharing your change from filco to ducky btw.


I actually use this keyboard, and have been for a LONG ass time. They are comfy, but the paint/characters are completely worn off these days. Then again it was a hand me down and it has seen a lot of Counter-Strike, cheetos, and Pepsi.
Not even death can save you from me. - Diablo
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 23 2013 20:53 GMT
#4907
On January 24 2013 05:31 Nithix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2013 17:57 Blaec wrote:
On January 23 2013 17:26 Nithix wrote:
I think, after three years of having zero spending money, I will finally be getting myself a mechanical keyboard. Currently, I'm looking at buying a Filco (as was my plan when SC2 came out). I'll probably be getting a Ninja, full keyboard blue switches. I don't really like the Camo and Metallic shennanigans they have, and I'd rather buy from Amazon since I'll get free shipping and save a couple of bucks. I can deal with having my characters printed more subtley.

Does anyone have an opinion on Filco these days? Are they still built like they were a couple of years ago? From what I heard, they were the best around then.


Still super solid, apart from media keys on some they have no features though. If you don't care about removable cables, backlighting, macro keys etc they are still a great, if expensive choice.


Heh yeah, the reason I decided I'm just going to get a Filco is because I don't really want any of the extra crap. If Das hadn't start putting media keys on their keyboard, I probably would have just settled for one of those. I think I've grown out of the flashy lights, as well... Lol. Ask me that six years ago and I probably would have bought a Razer, sadly. Haha.

I just want a good keyboard, and even if I'm probably over paying, I just want something that looks simple and slick. Filco it is I think...

Show nested quote +
On January 24 2013 01:41 KAB00000000M wrote:
Do anyone remember the Saitek Eclipse keyboard? The silver one with blue back lighting.
It had some very comfortable key caps. Do anyone know what they were made of or what that kind of key caps are called?

And thank you for sharing your change from filco to ducky btw.


I actually use this keyboard, and have been for a LONG ass time. They are comfy, but the paint/characters are completely worn off these days. Then again it was a hand me down and it has seen a lot of Counter-Strike, cheetos, and Pepsi.


Nice. I loved that keyboard. I played cs on it too. But I smashed the enter key once I was super angry because my mother cut my network cable. Even after I aced my test that day. So I really had a reason to be REALLY mad! :D

By the way. Do anyone here know how much actuation force rubber dome keyboards have?
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-24 09:59:59
January 24 2013 09:57 GMT
#4908
On January 24 2013 05:31 Nithix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2013 17:57 Blaec wrote:
On January 23 2013 17:26 Nithix wrote:
I think, after three years of having zero spending money, I will finally be getting myself a mechanical keyboard. Currently, I'm looking at buying a Filco (as was my plan when SC2 came out). I'll probably be getting a Ninja, full keyboard blue switches. I don't really like the Camo and Metallic shennanigans they have, and I'd rather buy from Amazon since I'll get free shipping and save a couple of bucks. I can deal with having my characters printed more subtley.

Does anyone have an opinion on Filco these days? Are they still built like they were a couple of years ago? From what I heard, they were the best around then.


Still super solid, apart from media keys on some they have no features though. If you don't care about removable cables, backlighting, macro keys etc they are still a great, if expensive choice.


Heh yeah, the reason I decided I'm just going to get a Filco is because I don't really want any of the extra crap. If Das hadn't start putting media keys on their keyboard, I probably would have just settled for one of those. I think I've grown out of the flashy lights, as well... Lol. Ask me that six years ago and I probably would have bought a Razer, sadly. Haha.

I just want a good keyboard, and even if I'm probably over paying, I just want something that looks simple and slick. Filco it is I think...


Yep, sounds like a Filco will be perfect. Hope you enjoy it.
Deleted User 124618
Profile Joined November 2010
1142 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-24 14:46:58
January 24 2013 14:45 GMT
#4909
A newb question: what is this "mx blue" etc. everyone is talking about? I can't seem to find MX -brand.

*Edit* Nevermind, keyboard switch types.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 24 2013 15:18 GMT
#4910
Anyone compared the quality of a FILCO with a zowie CELERITAS?

Since it cost less. Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea?
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
January 24 2013 18:48 GMT
#4911
On January 25 2013 00:18 KAB00000000M wrote:
Anyone compared the quality of a FILCO with a zowie CELERITAS?

Since it cost less. Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea?



Sometimes I wonder why people obsess about the brand and the quality and all that, because nearly all mechanical keyboards use switches from the same manufacturer , and nearly all are mounted on a metal backplate for added durability, so at that point it really comes down to the warranty and the features. Unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure why people obsess over Ducky, Filco, and Das, when other boards have the same features for less. Just a thought :p
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
derpface
Profile Joined October 2012
Sweden925 Posts
January 24 2013 19:02 GMT
#4912
Well about the Celeritas;

Its a solid board, some whine that it has no wristrest but its the same with Filco.

Also people have whined slightly about the spacebar on Celeritas that it can sometimes be bad/not that great.

Also have heard that the paint fade quite quickly on the Celeritas, not as fast as the Steelseries keyboards but fade nonetheless.

Though Filco have had a huge (well minor for me since I dont really care) problem with shiny keys, when keys wore out they start to shine pretty hard. The stock keycaps on the Filco isnt that great it seems though they are really great comparing with any other mechanical keyboard I guess.
gg no re #_< no1 Hydra and Leta fan >_#
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-24 19:05:04
January 24 2013 19:04 GMT
#4913
On January 25 2013 03:48 Havik_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2013 00:18 KAB00000000M wrote:
Anyone compared the quality of a FILCO with a zowie CELERITAS?

Since it cost less. Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea?



Sometimes I wonder why people obsess about the brand and the quality and all that, because nearly all mechanical keyboards use switches from the same manufacturer , and nearly all are mounted on a metal backplate for added durability, so at that point it really comes down to the warranty and the features. Unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure why people obsess over Ducky, Filco, and Das, when other boards have the same features for less. Just a thought :p


Filcos have a really solid case, which is a lot nicer to touch than the cheaper feeling plastic my WASD has.

Also you are playing for quality control, avoiding issues like 6gv2 caps coming off, Rosewill removable cable connections breaking etc. Thats not to say Filcos never have problems.

But you totally have a point. Filcos are overpriced, they sell because they are the marquee brand. Das sells because they have the best marketing in the business. Ducky sells because they have a gigantic range and the best backlit around.
derpface
Profile Joined October 2012
Sweden925 Posts
January 24 2013 20:49 GMT
#4914
On January 25 2013 04:04 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2013 03:48 Havik_ wrote:
On January 25 2013 00:18 KAB00000000M wrote:
Anyone compared the quality of a FILCO with a zowie CELERITAS?

Since it cost less. Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea?



Sometimes I wonder why people obsess about the brand and the quality and all that, because nearly all mechanical keyboards use switches from the same manufacturer , and nearly all are mounted on a metal backplate for added durability, so at that point it really comes down to the warranty and the features. Unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure why people obsess over Ducky, Filco, and Das, when other boards have the same features for less. Just a thought :p


Filcos have a really solid case, which is a lot nicer to touch than the cheaper feeling plastic my WASD has.

Also you are playing for quality control, avoiding issues like 6gv2 caps coming off, Rosewill removable cable connections breaking etc. Thats not to say Filcos never have problems.

But you totally have a point. Filcos are overpriced, they sell because they are the marquee brand. Das sells because they have the best marketing in the business. Ducky sells because they have a gigantic range and the best backlit around.


Seen the WASD v2 though?

That thing looks fkn awesome to be honest.

Really tempted to buy a WASD v2 TKL version.
gg no re #_< no1 Hydra and Leta fan >_#
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
January 24 2013 21:51 GMT
#4915
what is the real difference between ABS and PBT caps, do PBT caps worth it ?

does Key cool boards are quality ones for their price (i saw key cool boards with PBT caps...)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 24 2013 23:24 GMT
#4916
Thanks. I am reconsidering a Celeritas right now! :D
kill619
Profile Joined December 2011
United States212 Posts
January 25 2013 00:48 GMT
#4917
On January 25 2013 06:51 RoranRock wrote:
what is the real difference between ABS and PBT caps, do PBT caps worth it ?

does Key cool boards are quality ones for their price (i saw key cool boards with PBT caps...)


The difference is in the plastic used make the key caps. In my experience with both types of caps PBT caps have a slightly sturdier, thicker, almost heavier in a good way, feel to them compared to abs caps. iirc, ptb's are usually more textured than abs too. I used my abs keycaps for about 6-7 months before noticing that I had begun to wear out some of the caps, mostly the ones that I use a lot while playing starcraft (`-5, the "f" keys, the majority of the left side of my keyboard, etc.) They developed a slippery shine to them that made me want to try new caps and I read on some forums that ptb keycaps were more textured and had a longer life span than abs, although after doing a bit more research I found people that were saying that that wasn't true so I guess time will tell.(Have had my ptb's for about 2 months now with out any signs of wear yet)
waxypants
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States479 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-25 02:03:09
January 25 2013 02:00 GMT
#4918
I've had the Das Silent (brown) keyboard for some time and I enjoy it quite a bit. I am looking to get a new mechanical with Korean/English keycaps. I would like to get the full-size 9008G2 (browns) with Korean PBT keycaps (either separately or already on the keyboard). I looked over the OP links but could not find anything, does anyone know where I could get this?

edit:

Or of not, some good alternative?
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
January 25 2013 02:45 GMT
#4919
On January 25 2013 11:00 waxypants wrote:
I've had the Das Silent (brown) keyboard for some time and I enjoy it quite a bit. I am looking to get a new mechanical with Korean/English keycaps. I would like to get the full-size 9008G2 (browns) with Korean PBT keycaps (either separately or already on the keyboard). I looked over the OP links but could not find anything, does anyone know where I could get this?

edit:

Or of not, some good alternative?


Thermal take will be releasing their Prime meka mechanical in brown switches and it will have the korean font with english font as well.

search linus tech tips ces thermaltake on youtube. In a LoL game atm.
For the Dominion!
poeticEnnui
Profile Joined September 2010
United States78 Posts
January 25 2013 03:05 GMT
#4920
Just ebayed myself an IBM Model F PC/AT and a Teensy USB controller. Can't wait for this thing to arrive, will surely post pics
Prev 1 244 245 246 247 248 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1010
BeSt 299
sorry 96
Soma 69
Mind 67
Soulkey 58
Bale 24
ZergMaN 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
League of Legends
JimRising 708
Other Games
summit1g9211
Coldzera 713
WinterStarcraft711
C9.Mang0277
Sick179
febbydoto12
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick671
BasetradeTV236
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2238
Other Games
• Shiphtur720
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 50m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 50m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 50m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.