• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:40
CEST 13:40
KST 20:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9308 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 244

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 242 243 244 245 246 383 Next
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-20 09:24:25
January 20 2013 09:22 GMT
#4861
Hi everyone,

I don't have more the 100$-120$ to spend in a keyboard and i'm looking for a simple, regular layout and not cherry black switch keyboard. Living in europe, i finaly find the qtan5370's ebay store and there is several interesting price for mech board.
Here my question : what is the quality of the HPE and Keycool keayboard (compared to a G6v2 or a zowie celeritas for exemple)
Also, do you guys have informations about the ducky 2018, it's selled in the ebay store but no pictures of the keyboard and i can't find information about it...

Sry for that if this question have been already asked but i don't want to read 243 pages :p
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-20 10:48:56
January 20 2013 10:47 GMT
#4862
sry for double post
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
January 20 2013 11:12 GMT
#4863
On January 20 2013 18:22 RoranRock wrote:
Hi everyone,

I don't have more the 100$-120$ to spend in a keyboard and i'm looking for a simple, regular layout and not cherry black switch keyboard. Living in europe, i finaly find the qtan5370's ebay store and there is several interesting price for mech board.
Here my question : what is the quality of the HPE and Keycool keayboard (compared to a G6v2 or a zowie celeritas for exemple)
Also, do you guys have informations about the ducky 2018, it's selled in the ebay store but no pictures of the keyboard and i can't find information about it...

Sry for that if this question have been already asked but i don't want to read 243 pages :p


No idea about the Ducky

Here is some info on the others. Cheap chinese knockoff, probably have troubles with the keycaps legends wearing off etc. But might be a good choice if its cheap enough
badugib
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States80 Posts
January 20 2013 11:27 GMT
#4864
the choc mini is awesome, the f keys are so close! key caps also feel great, I have the cherry blues. Also you can alternate control and caps lock, tbh its more comfortable hotkeying units with capslock.
just started last week
kaykaykay
Profile Joined July 2012
Singapore637 Posts
January 20 2013 12:14 GMT
#4865
Hi guys,
I've always liked computer peripherals, got a razer deathadder about 5 years ago but have only recently learned about mechanical keyboards.
I've done quite a bit of research and have decided on cherry MX red switches.
Question is which brand should I get?
I heard that the switches are the key components and everything else is just the cherry on top.
Like many others, I'd prefer to get something that's value for money.
The last time I visited a computer shop, the CM Storm ones are cheaper than the Steelseries ones.
Also most people in this thread seem to recommend CM Storm over the SS.
What do you think?
Starve the ego, feed the soul.
bGr.MetHiX
Profile Joined February 2011
Bulgaria511 Posts
January 20 2013 12:53 GMT
#4866
currently typing on a cherry mx red CM storm quickfire pro. the best fucking keyboard out there...

and its relatively cheap compared to other keyboards.
Top50 GM EU Protoss from Bulgaria. Streaming with commentary : www.twitch.tv/hwbgmethix
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-20 12:55:40
January 20 2013 12:55 GMT
#4867
On January 20 2013 21:14 kaykaykay wrote:
Hi guys,
I've always liked computer peripherals, got a razer deathadder about 5 years ago but have only recently learned about mechanical keyboards.
I've done quite a bit of research and have decided on cherry MX red switches.
Question is which brand should I get?
I heard that the switches are the key components and everything else is just the cherry on top.
Like many others, I'd prefer to get something that's value for money.
The last time I visited a computer shop, the CM Storm ones are cheaper than the Steelseries ones.
Also most people in this thread seem to recommend CM Storm over the SS.
What do you think?


I dunno what is available in Singapore, but the CM keyboards have a decent reputation.

You are right the switches are all standard so it comes down to what features you want and what is available in your area (and price ofc).
FakePseudo
Profile Joined January 2012
Belgium716 Posts
January 20 2013 13:32 GMT
#4868
On January 20 2013 18:22 RoranRock wrote:
Hi everyone,

I don't have more the 100$-120$ to spend in a keyboard and i'm looking for a simple, regular layout and not cherry black switch keyboard. Living in europe, i finaly find the qtan5370's ebay store and there is several interesting price for mech board.
Here my question : what is the quality of the HPE and Keycool keayboard (compared to a G6v2 or a zowie celeritas for exemple)
Also, do you guys have informations about the ducky 2018, it's selled in the ebay store but no pictures of the keyboard and i can't find information about it...

Sry for that if this question have been already asked but i don't want to read 243 pages :p


I have been through the same situation recently. Thing is, beside the fact that the offer is quite reduced in benelux and france, the azerty layout is a fuckin pain in the ass, although you can find some, but all of them will be "gamer" tagged: zowie celeritas, cm quickfire, razer blackwidow, ... (Wouldnt recommend the razer one) i came to the conclusion that the only real keyboard-specialized manufacturer available in here was filco, since mechanical keyboards.co is shipping azerty layouts to france. I also managed to find ducky ones on a dutch site, but i felt like the guy tried to screw me up, so i backed off. I was looking for a das keyboard in the first place, but never managed to find one in europe in decent condition/at a decent price.
I am the 0.0007% /forum/viewpost.php?post_id=17208334|| Big Black Women Vocals Is Like Porn to my Ears ||San Antonio Spurs|Boston Celtics||#1EZToss Hater;
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-20 14:02:07
January 20 2013 13:55 GMT
#4869
I find a british website where the ducky "zero" DK2108 is in stock for 70£=83€=111$
sell in the 4 common Cherry MX switchs

it seems to be great, i don't know a lot about mech board so i don't see the difference between it and an other ducky board...

do you guys know something about it ?

(sry for my bad english...)

EDIT : it seems that this website deliver only in UK...

But the qtan's ebay store shows a 100$ prize, with the additional 26$ to delivery, it costs 126$. It's a little bit more than the cheapest in europe, but since it's a ducky it might worth it !
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
DERPDERP
Profile Joined October 2010
Kyrgyzstan189 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-20 14:07:04
January 20 2013 14:05 GMT
#4870
On January 20 2013 22:55 RoranRock wrote:
I find a british website where the ducky "zero" DK2108 is in stock for 70£=83€=111$
sell in the 4 common Cherry MX switchs

it seems to be great, i don't know a lot about mech board so i don't see the difference between it and an other ducky board...

do you guys know something about it ?

(sry for my bad english...)

EDIT : it seems that this website deliver only in UK...

But the qtan's ebay store shows a 100$ prize, with the additional 26$ to delivery, it costs 126$. It's a little bit more than the cheapest in europe, but since it's a ducky it might worth it !


At least jimmspc in finland sells ducky keyboards, tho I'm not sure wether they deliver anywhere outside of finland.

E: The prices are pretty salty tho :$
8)
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 20 2013 14:36 GMT
#4871
Ordered a Filco mx blue full size - white/beige color today. Hope I will be satisfied
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
January 20 2013 16:27 GMT
#4872
i mean, the ducky zero 2108 costs 20$ less than a ducky (not shine), what is the difference ?
maybe it's the keycaps in ABS instead of PBT ?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-20 16:41:21
January 20 2013 16:40 GMT
#4873
On January 21 2013 01:27 RoranRock wrote:
i mean, the ducky zero 2108 costs 20$ less than a ducky (not shine), what is the difference ?
maybe it's the keycaps in ABS instead of PBT ?


Zero is the entry level Ducky. Read about it here though that link is written like a Ducky ad.

Compared to the non-shine the Zero lacks dip switches, removable and route-able cable and has worse keycaps (something about coatings on them). I think the zero also lacks media functions on the F keys (play pause etc).

Not sure if the non-shine has PBT keys, but the zero is definitely ABS.

Otherwise it shouldn't be too bad, but check some reviews to be safe.
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
January 20 2013 16:59 GMT
#4874
thanks a lot for the link and the explanations
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
kaykaykay
Profile Joined July 2012
Singapore637 Posts
January 20 2013 17:42 GMT
#4875
On January 20 2013 21:55 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2013 21:14 kaykaykay wrote:
Hi guys,
I've always liked computer peripherals, got a razer deathadder about 5 years ago but have only recently learned about mechanical keyboards.
I've done quite a bit of research and have decided on cherry MX red switches.
Question is which brand should I get?
I heard that the switches are the key components and everything else is just the cherry on top.
Like many others, I'd prefer to get something that's value for money.
The last time I visited a computer shop, the CM Storm ones are cheaper than the Steelseries ones.
Also most people in this thread seem to recommend CM Storm over the SS.
What do you think?


I dunno what is available in Singapore, but the CM keyboards have a decent reputation.

You are right the switches are all standard so it comes down to what features you want and what is available in your area (and price ofc).


Thanks for the reply.
Care to break down the difference between quickfire pro and quickfire rapid?
Starve the ego, feed the soul.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-20 18:03:48
January 20 2013 18:03 GMT
#4876
On January 21 2013 02:42 kaykaykay wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2013 21:55 Blaec wrote:
On January 20 2013 21:14 kaykaykay wrote:
Hi guys,
I've always liked computer peripherals, got a razer deathadder about 5 years ago but have only recently learned about mechanical keyboards.
I've done quite a bit of research and have decided on cherry MX red switches.
Question is which brand should I get?
I heard that the switches are the key components and everything else is just the cherry on top.
Like many others, I'd prefer to get something that's value for money.
The last time I visited a computer shop, the CM Storm ones are cheaper than the Steelseries ones.
Also most people in this thread seem to recommend CM Storm over the SS.
What do you think?


I dunno what is available in Singapore, but the CM keyboards have a decent reputation.

You are right the switches are all standard so it comes down to what features you want and what is available in your area (and price ofc).


Thanks for the reply.
Care to break down the difference between quickfire pro and quickfire rapid?


Pro has a numpad, Rapid does not (I really like not having a numpad, a smaller keyboard is great but if you need one then you need one).

Pro has some backlighting, Rapid does not.

The Rapid comes from a more reputable manufacturer, but the quality differences shouldn't be too dramatic. But I don't have either so can't definitely tell you.

The Pro has a nonstandard key layout which limits any custom keycaps you want to get (also its hard to get backlit keys), this isn't a problem with the Rapid which is perfectly standard.

Thats all I can think of, both are a decent choice.

On January 21 2013 01:59 RoranRock wrote:
thanks a lot for the link and the explanations


All good, hope you like whatever you end up getting
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-21 15:22:10
January 21 2013 06:52 GMT
#4877
thoughts about qpad mk50 / 80 ?

considering getting one of em since price seems fair and they got browns (dont want linear,dont want to harrass gf with noise)

/edit also is there any keyboard with browns that features more flat keycaps? quite used to my thin logitech one...
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Kaitokid
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany1327 Posts
January 22 2013 04:12 GMT
#4878
On January 21 2013 15:52 BeMannerDuPenner wrote:
thoughts about qpad mk50 / 80 ?

considering getting one of em since price seems fair and they got browns (dont want linear,dont want to harrass gf with noise)

/edit also is there any keyboard with browns that features more flat keycaps? quite used to my thin logitech one...


its pretty good. the only complain I have is that the things that connect the keyboard to the palm rest break very fast if you move the keyboard around a lot or remove/attach it.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 22 2013 15:19 GMT
#4879
Is it difficult to double tap with cherry mx blue keys?

I saw DRG went back to his old DT-35 from his Razer BlackWidow. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with sponsors. But it made me question it.

Are there anyone here that have gone from MX Red to any other key and liked it better?
(Exclude rubber dome)
RoranRock
Profile Joined October 2011
France294 Posts
January 22 2013 15:37 GMT
#4880
i wonder about the quality of the Qpad keyboards...
it looks good and it can be found in lot of layout and 4 cheery MX switch, plus the price is reasonable but i read somewhere that the quality isn't that good and it don't resist to the time

i finaly found a noppoo in sell on amazon.fr so i'm thinking about buying it but i'm not sure about the quality even...


"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
Prev 1 242 243 244 245 246 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM688
IndyStarCraft 140
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 688
Lowko463
mouzHeroMarine 222
IndyStarCraft 140
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34113
Free 5735
Jaedong 909
BeSt 480
Horang2 441
Soulkey 434
Soma 272
Larva 246
Zeus 245
Mini 232
[ Show more ]
Last 127
sorry 116
Hyun 97
actioN 80
Mind 78
Pusan 75
Sexy 66
Shinee 42
soO 33
scan(afreeca) 19
ToSsGirL 17
yabsab 16
zelot 10
Sacsri 9
Aegong 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5612
Dendi468
XaKoH 282
XcaliburYe175
Counter-Strike
byalli575
Other Games
gofns42897
singsing2157
Coldzera 698
B2W.Neo530
Pyrionflax248
ToD133
trigger5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV214
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• LUISG 18
• StrangeGG 15
• Gemini_19 12
• Light_VIP 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV383
League of Legends
• Jankos3873
Upcoming Events
Online Event
20m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 20m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 20m
Patches Events
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.