• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:40
CEST 13:40
KST 20:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9349 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 243

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 241 242 243 244 245 383 Next
HyDrA_solic
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Portugal491 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-18 02:48:16
January 18 2013 00:26 GMT
#4841
should i order my future ducky + wrist from ebay or from mechanicalkeyboards.com? If i order from ebay i wont get the wrist rest, but I believe its safer maybe?
Price wise:
Mech site: ducky shine + wrist = 233$
ebay: ducky shine = 218 $
shipping included

Give me your thoughts.
It's all about the reflections of freedom. Even though he hoped for a better world, with all his strenght, all his will, the most he could do was to make her smile.
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
January 18 2013 08:01 GMT
#4842
Quick thoughts on CM storm? I have been skimming the thread but haven't seen much discussion, my 6gv2 just kicked the bucket tonight (the keys pop off the switch if you press it to fast). I was recommended a CM storm as a very good bang for the buck without getting garbage quality like I did with the steelseries (at least this one, I doubt I can warranty it for the problem I have, it's just a design flaw and wear and tear)
VietMan
Profile Joined January 2013
France4 Posts
January 18 2013 10:59 GMT
#4843
Just ordered Filco Majestouch-2 Tactile (Cherry MX-Brown) after countless hours of research, cant wait to receive it!
pshych0
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
274 Posts
January 18 2013 12:08 GMT
#4844
On January 18 2013 17:01 Esoterikk wrote:
Quick thoughts on CM storm? I have been skimming the thread but haven't seen much discussion, my 6gv2 just kicked the bucket tonight (the keys pop off the switch if you press it to fast). I was recommended a CM storm as a very good bang for the buck without getting garbage quality like I did with the steelseries (at least this one, I doubt I can warranty it for the problem I have, it's just a design flaw and wear and tear)


I had a 6gv2. It's a known issue that the key caps are really bad. If the keyboard is in good shape, you could just get a new set of keys...except for the huge ass Enter key.
On the other hand, I now have a CM quickfire rapid with reds. It is pretty much a Filco clone, almost perfect. It's light years ahead of the SS 6gv2. You will never regret getting one. And the newer ones are unbranded, which i, personally, love.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
shit happens
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
January 18 2013 13:16 GMT
#4845
Just ordered a Noppoo Choc Mini with MX Reds. Anyone with the experience with this board?
The Bomber boy
gozt
Profile Joined November 2012
Sweden13 Posts
January 18 2013 14:11 GMT
#4846
I have a noppoo choc mini with mx brown, had a steelseries 7g before that and i love my choco!! the thighter layout fits me. nad its great looking.

hope u will enjoy it as much as i have.
The pursuit of normality is the ultimate sacrifice of potential.
HyDrA_solic
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Portugal491 Posts
January 18 2013 21:07 GMT
#4847
On January 18 2013 09:26 HyDrA_solic wrote:
should i order my future ducky + wrist from ebay or from mechanicalkeyboards.com? If i order from ebay i wont get the wrist rest, but I believe its safer maybe?
Price wise:
Mech site: ducky shine + wrist = 233$
ebay: ducky shine = 218 $
shipping included

Give me your thoughts.


I really need some advice here.
Is mechanicalkeyboards.com trustworthy?
It's all about the reflections of freedom. Even though he hoped for a better world, with all his strenght, all his will, the most he could do was to make her smile.
Sein
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1811 Posts
January 18 2013 21:28 GMT
#4848
On January 18 2013 09:26 HyDrA_solic wrote:
should i order my future ducky + wrist from ebay or from mechanicalkeyboards.com? If i order from ebay i wont get the wrist rest, but I believe its safer maybe?
Price wise:
Mech site: ducky shine + wrist = 233$
ebay: ducky shine = 218 $
shipping included

Give me your thoughts.


Ebay isn't safer. Mechanicalkeyboards is a legitimate seller. It's just up to you on whether you want the wrist pad or not.
Jophess
Profile Joined August 2010
United States95 Posts
January 18 2013 21:43 GMT
#4849
On January 19 2013 06:07 HyDrA_solic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2013 09:26 HyDrA_solic wrote:
should i order my future ducky + wrist from ebay or from mechanicalkeyboards.com? If i order from ebay i wont get the wrist rest, but I believe its safer maybe?
Price wise:
Mech site: ducky shine + wrist = 233$
ebay: ducky shine = 218 $
shipping included

Give me your thoughts.


I really need some advice here.
Is mechanicalkeyboards.com trustworthy?


I ordered a QuickFire Rapid w/ red switches from them when they just opened (like less than a week old). I had no problems at all with the transaction or shipping.
HyDrA_solic
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Portugal491 Posts
January 18 2013 23:09 GMT
#4850
They sent me a paypal invoice. That is regular right?
It's all about the reflections of freedom. Even though he hoped for a better world, with all his strenght, all his will, the most he could do was to make her smile.
Esoterikk
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1256 Posts
January 19 2013 00:56 GMT
#4851
On January 18 2013 21:08 pshych0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2013 17:01 Esoterikk wrote:
Quick thoughts on CM storm? I have been skimming the thread but haven't seen much discussion, my 6gv2 just kicked the bucket tonight (the keys pop off the switch if you press it to fast). I was recommended a CM storm as a very good bang for the buck without getting garbage quality like I did with the steelseries (at least this one, I doubt I can warranty it for the problem I have, it's just a design flaw and wear and tear)


I had a 6gv2. It's a known issue that the key caps are really bad. If the keyboard is in good shape, you could just get a new set of keys...except for the huge ass Enter key.
On the other hand, I now have a CM quickfire rapid with reds. It is pretty much a Filco clone, almost perfect. It's light years ahead of the SS 6gv2. You will never regret getting one. And the newer ones are unbranded, which i, personally, love.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Now I just need to decide between Blue and Red switches, which is harder then I thought it would be.
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
January 19 2013 04:49 GMT
#4852
Is the Razer store really the only place where I can get the Blackwidow Stealth edition(2013 or not)?
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
Rockafella
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom291 Posts
January 19 2013 05:54 GMT
#4853
On January 19 2013 09:56 Esoterikk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2013 21:08 pshych0 wrote:
On January 18 2013 17:01 Esoterikk wrote:
Quick thoughts on CM storm? I have been skimming the thread but haven't seen much discussion, my 6gv2 just kicked the bucket tonight (the keys pop off the switch if you press it to fast). I was recommended a CM storm as a very good bang for the buck without getting garbage quality like I did with the steelseries (at least this one, I doubt I can warranty it for the problem I have, it's just a design flaw and wear and tear)


I had a 6gv2. It's a known issue that the key caps are really bad. If the keyboard is in good shape, you could just get a new set of keys...except for the huge ass Enter key.
On the other hand, I now have a CM quickfire rapid with reds. It is pretty much a Filco clone, almost perfect. It's light years ahead of the SS 6gv2. You will never regret getting one. And the newer ones are unbranded, which i, personally, love.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Now I just need to decide between Blue and Red switches, which is harder then I thought it would be.


Love my reds too and the CM Storm Rapid is an awesome no frills keyboard, love mine and would recommend it completely. Took a little while to get used to it but I wouldn't switch it for any of the others Cherrys. However the linear keys are definitely a big difference from the blues.

I'd look into the Quickfire TK if i were you too if it's a similar price.
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-19 10:35:39
January 19 2013 10:33 GMT
#4854
I loved my CM Storm Quickfire Rapid with reds, but someone sent me a Quickfire Pro with browns for Christmas.

I'm really enjoying the Pro w/ browns, just as much as the Rapid w/ reds, the partial backlit actually looks pretty sick, the brown's bumps are something I've really missed, and it's just super super high quality.

I give two thumbs up and encourage anyone looking for a new mechanical to go with CM Storm.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
ilikeredheads
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada1995 Posts
January 19 2013 11:07 GMT
#4855
On January 18 2013 19:59 VietMan wrote:
Just ordered Filco Majestouch-2 Tactile (Cherry MX-Brown) after countless hours of research, cant wait to receive it!


I bought one from NCIX during their boxing week sale (it was 30 dollars off). I'm loving it and I gotta say this thing is built like a brick.
i)awn
Profile Joined October 2011
United States189 Posts
January 20 2013 00:51 GMT
#4856
I need a new keyboard and I decided to buy an MX Brown one since everybody seems to be recommending them as first mechanical keyboards. I bought CM Rapid quickfire however the space bar gets stuck in the "pressed" position every now and then so I'm returning it back. With that experience I decided not to get a CM keyboard at all.

Ducky keyboards appealed to me and everyone seems to advertise their quality. Sadly most non glossy ones are out of stock. There are few backlit ones available on mechanicalkeyboards.com that I won't mind to buy. That said I'm not sure if ducky keyboards have a window button lock ( when looking at photos I can't really see one) and whether the product comes with the cables and the usb/ps2 adapters since nothing about the package content is mentioned on the website. Anyone can help me erase my suspicions? If not any other high quality mx brown to recommend? Das Ultimate seems to also be out of stock except for the ones without any inscriptions and das definitely has no lock for windows key.
cmgillett
Profile Joined March 2010
United States335 Posts
January 20 2013 01:37 GMT
#4857
havent seen too much mention of WASD keyboards and thought id share my experience so far. The keyboard is super solid and customizable far beyond any of the other mechanicals I've seen. Has the option of a wrist rest for 8 dollars. They run a bit cheaper than filcos etc and are shipped from the US. Check em out!
psiANIDe
Profile Joined January 2012
Korea (South)47 Posts
January 20 2013 02:06 GMT
#4858
Just want to let everyone know out there, I got a Corsair k90 keyboard for Christmas and I'm loving it so far. It's my first mechanical, so getting used to typing on it has been a bit of a challenge, but it's worth it since I can really see a (slight) increase in my APM already.

I'd definitely recommend the Corsair keyboard to anyone looking for a new board.
KT Hwaiting!
peekn
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1152 Posts
January 20 2013 05:26 GMT
#4859
On January 20 2013 10:37 cmgillett wrote:
havent seen too much mention of WASD keyboards and thought id share my experience so far. The keyboard is super solid and customizable far beyond any of the other mechanicals I've seen. Has the option of a wrist rest for 8 dollars. They run a bit cheaper than filcos etc and are shipped from the US. Check em out!


Agreed. WASD is a great keyboard, the one that I'm using now, and I would suggest it to anyone in the market. If you are in the US and want a super great deal/solid computer I would advise to get a WASD keyboard. This is my second mechanical keyboard and like my fifth 'gaming' keyboard and it is the best one that I have had so far.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
January 20 2013 06:57 GMT
#4860
On January 20 2013 09:51 i)awn wrote:
I need a new keyboard and I decided to buy an MX Brown one since everybody seems to be recommending them as first mechanical keyboards. I bought CM Rapid quickfire however the space bar gets stuck in the "pressed" position every now and then so I'm returning it back. With that experience I decided not to get a CM keyboard at all.

Ducky keyboards appealed to me and everyone seems to advertise their quality. Sadly most non glossy ones are out of stock. There are few backlit ones available on mechanicalkeyboards.com that I won't mind to buy. That said I'm not sure if ducky keyboards have a window button lock ( when looking at photos I can't really see one) and whether the product comes with the cables and the usb/ps2 adapters since nothing about the package content is mentioned on the website. Anyone can help me erase my suspicions? If not any other high quality mx brown to recommend? Das Ultimate seems to also be out of stock except for the ones without any inscriptions and das definitely has no lock for windows key.


Duckys are good. The shine 2 has dip switches on the back that can turn off the windows key, not sure which other models come with dip switches.

It definitely comes with a cable to plug into the computer, what other cables do you want?
Every mech board I have came with a ps2 adaptor and I cant see why ducky wouldn't.
Prev 1 241 242 243 244 245 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM688
IndyStarCraft 140
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 688
Lowko463
mouzHeroMarine 222
IndyStarCraft 140
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34113
Free 5735
Jaedong 909
BeSt 480
Horang2 441
Soulkey 434
Soma 272
Larva 246
Zeus 245
Mini 232
[ Show more ]
Last 127
sorry 116
Hyun 97
actioN 80
Mind 78
Pusan 75
Sexy 66
Shinee 42
soO 33
scan(afreeca) 19
ToSsGirL 17
yabsab 16
zelot 10
Sacsri 9
Aegong 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5612
Dendi468
XaKoH 282
XcaliburYe175
Counter-Strike
byalli575
Other Games
gofns42897
singsing2157
Coldzera 698
B2W.Neo530
Pyrionflax248
ToD133
trigger5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV214
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 18
• LUISG 18
• StrangeGG 15
• Gemini_19 12
• Light_VIP 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV383
League of Legends
• Jankos3873
Upcoming Events
Online Event
20m
AI Arena Tournament
5h 20m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
7h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 20m
Patches Events
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.