• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:51
CEST 07:51
KST 14:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9618 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 245

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 243 244 245 246 247 383 Next
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
January 22 2013 15:43 GMT
#4881
I went Red to Brown.

It's nice to be able to feel that very *light* bump each time you hit a key. Took me a day for my fingers to adjust to how much pressure to apply, when to expect the key to pop back.

It hasn't affected my gameplay at all, but it's certainly very pleasurable for me to have that tactile feedback (can get extremely addicting).

Apples and oranges, but I think I like the orange more than the apple.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 22 2013 16:44 GMT
#4882
On January 23 2013 00:43 Gamegene wrote:
I went Red to Brown.

It's nice to be able to feel that very *light* bump each time you hit a key. Took me a day for my fingers to adjust to how much pressure to apply, when to expect the key to pop back.

It hasn't affected my gameplay at all, but it's certainly very pleasurable for me to have that tactile feedback (can get extremely addicting).

Apples and oranges, but I think I like the orange more than the apple.


When you have intense games with a lot of micro and macro. Especially when making units when in a battle.
Do you bottom out with the keys?

Thanks btw
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
January 22 2013 16:56 GMT
#4883
On January 23 2013 01:44 KAB00000000M wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2013 00:43 Gamegene wrote:
I went Red to Brown.

It's nice to be able to feel that very *light* bump each time you hit a key. Took me a day for my fingers to adjust to how much pressure to apply, when to expect the key to pop back.

It hasn't affected my gameplay at all, but it's certainly very pleasurable for me to have that tactile feedback (can get extremely addicting).

Apples and oranges, but I think I like the orange more than the apple.


When you have intense games with a lot of micro and macro. Especially when making units when in a battle.
Do you bottom out with the keys?

Thanks btw


I haven't really thought about it until now but yes I normally bottom out my keys... all the time lol.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 22 2013 17:41 GMT
#4884
On January 23 2013 01:56 Gamegene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2013 01:44 KAB00000000M wrote:
On January 23 2013 00:43 Gamegene wrote:
I went Red to Brown.

It's nice to be able to feel that very *light* bump each time you hit a key. Took me a day for my fingers to adjust to how much pressure to apply, when to expect the key to pop back.

It hasn't affected my gameplay at all, but it's certainly very pleasurable for me to have that tactile feedback (can get extremely addicting).

Apples and oranges, but I think I like the orange more than the apple.


When you have intense games with a lot of micro and macro. Especially when making units when in a battle.
Do you bottom out with the keys?

Thanks btw


I haven't really thought about it until now but yes I normally bottom out my keys... all the time lol.


Ok - Thanks.
I just wanted to know. If you know where I am going with this... This is the dilemma I have right now. To get tactile or non-tactile keys. I feel the Reds are too light. Browns have the same actuation force as Red, but they got tactile feedback as you already said too. MX Blue has slightly 5g more actuation force if I recall correctly. But MX Black has much higher, as well as Clear and White MX keys.
CountScarpia
Profile Joined February 2012
United States3 Posts
January 22 2013 17:47 GMT
#4885
Hey, I was curious if anyone here has any experience with Cherry MX Greens (supposedly they are a heavier version of the MX Blues). I know that they are one of the rarer varieties out there, but I was wondering if anyone had an opinion about them.
TwilightRain
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany351 Posts
January 22 2013 17:59 GMT
#4886
On January 23 2013 02:47 CountScarpia wrote:
Hey, I was curious if anyone here has any experience with Cherry MX Greens (supposedly they are a heavier version of the MX Blues). I know that they are one of the rarer varieties out there, but I was wondering if anyone had an opinion about them.

MX Greens are used for spacebar in otherwise MX Blue boards.
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
January 22 2013 19:49 GMT
#4887
On January 22 2013 13:12 Kaitokid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2013 15:52 BeMannerDuPenner wrote:
thoughts about qpad mk50 / 80 ?

considering getting one of em since price seems fair and they got browns (dont want linear,dont want to harrass gf with noise)

/edit also is there any keyboard with browns that features more flat keycaps? quite used to my thin logitech one...


its pretty good. the only complain I have is that the things that connect the keyboard to the palm rest break very fast if you move the keyboard around a lot or remove/attach it.


mmhh not the biggest issue. whats keeping me wait is that i would much prefer more flat keys and i was told that the 130€ for the mk80 are quite expensive. but here in germany the choice of keyboards with browns is very small...

maybe ill just get the mk50 and maybe later get another one.after all 75€ isnt that much ,just visiting friends yesterday cost me like 30€ and that only lasted for a few hours
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
derpface
Profile Joined October 2012
Sweden925 Posts
January 22 2013 21:15 GMT
#4888
Honestly Qpads keyboards are really okey.

Its just people hating on them since they are iOne boards (someone said blackwidow!?!?)

I have a couple of friends that use MK-50 and MK-80 and they are really satisfied with the keyboard.

Only choice is regarding what switch you want since you can choose from black, blue, red and brown when you order the MK-50 from their own site = Here
gg no re #_< no1 Hydra and Leta fan >_#
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-22 23:24:28
January 22 2013 23:22 GMT
#4889
currently considering the mk-80 (i want some backlight.. ) for ~115€ and the logitech g710+ for ~15€ more, features seem nice just the look is a bit meh with the huge orange macro area on the left.

dunno why so few offer choice of switch.
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
January 23 2013 01:17 GMT
#4890
Is there anywhere I can get a Blackwidow Stealth(non ultimate) without buying it through the Razer store??
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-23 06:36:04
January 23 2013 06:35 GMT
#4891
On January 23 2013 10:17 Havik_ wrote:
Is there anywhere I can get a Blackwidow Stealth(non ultimate) without buying it through the Razer store??


Not afaik. Do yourself a favour and buy something better (Rosewill, CM, Das, WASD).
Nithix
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States184 Posts
January 23 2013 08:26 GMT
#4892
I think, after three years of having zero spending money, I will finally be getting myself a mechanical keyboard. Currently, I'm looking at buying a Filco (as was my plan when SC2 came out). I'll probably be getting a Ninja, full keyboard blue switches. I don't really like the Camo and Metallic shennanigans they have, and I'd rather buy from Amazon since I'll get free shipping and save a couple of bucks. I can deal with having my characters printed more subtley.

Does anyone have an opinion on Filco these days? Are they still built like they were a couple of years ago? From what I heard, they were the best around then.
Not even death can save you from me. - Diablo
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 23 2013 08:36 GMT
#4893
On January 23 2013 17:26 Nithix wrote:
I think, after three years of having zero spending money, I will finally be getting myself a mechanical keyboard. Currently, I'm looking at buying a Filco (as was my plan when SC2 came out). I'll probably be getting a Ninja, full keyboard blue switches. I don't really like the Camo and Metallic shennanigans they have, and I'd rather buy from Amazon since I'll get free shipping and save a couple of bucks. I can deal with having my characters printed more subtley.

Does anyone have an opinion on Filco these days? Are they still built like they were a couple of years ago? From what I heard, they were the best around then.


I want to get Filco Majestouch Ninja with mx blue keys - white color. I sent a mail to Diatec Filco Japan. And they could ship from Taiwan or Japan. They had them in stock there.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
January 23 2013 08:57 GMT
#4894
On January 23 2013 17:26 Nithix wrote:
I think, after three years of having zero spending money, I will finally be getting myself a mechanical keyboard. Currently, I'm looking at buying a Filco (as was my plan when SC2 came out). I'll probably be getting a Ninja, full keyboard blue switches. I don't really like the Camo and Metallic shennanigans they have, and I'd rather buy from Amazon since I'll get free shipping and save a couple of bucks. I can deal with having my characters printed more subtley.

Does anyone have an opinion on Filco these days? Are they still built like they were a couple of years ago? From what I heard, they were the best around then.


Still super solid, apart from media keys on some they have no features though. If you don't care about removable cables, backlighting, macro keys etc they are still a great, if expensive choice.
evolnoctis
Profile Joined September 2012
United States74 Posts
January 23 2013 09:26 GMT
#4895
On January 23 2013 10:17 Havik_ wrote:
Is there anywhere I can get a Blackwidow Stealth(non ultimate) without buying it through the Razer store??


amazon
kaykaykay
Profile Joined July 2012
Singapore637 Posts
January 23 2013 09:53 GMT
#4896
how important is NKRO guys?
Starve the ego, feed the soul.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
January 23 2013 09:59 GMT
#4897
On January 23 2013 18:53 kaykaykay wrote:
how important is NKRO guys?


Not at all important for SC2, I have zero problems with my 2KRO Filco.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
January 23 2013 13:12 GMT
#4898
On January 23 2013 18:59 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2013 18:53 kaykaykay wrote:
how important is NKRO guys?


Not at all important for SC2, I have zero problems with my 2KRO Filco.


Yes. I believe NKRO is not necessary. They advertise so much about it. But this is one of the things that is supposed to be better than other keyboard's technology. It's like comparing 2000 dpi with 6000 dpi kind of.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
January 23 2013 13:20 GMT
#4899
Really, key rollover is pretty important, important enough to be something you run into often enough for it to be a concern normally. I hit it in quite a lot of games before, probably in more than i realized and got slightly impaired by it, and a friend asking about mechanical boards recently who didnt know the first thing about keyboards brought it up with me. NKRO is a little bit of a luxury thing that is probably irrelevant, but i wouldnt want to touch a 2KRO board myself
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
January 23 2013 14:08 GMT
#4900
The "two" in 2KRO only means the keys with characters, Shift, Ctrl and Alt are separate from that. Another thing is, the "two" is the worst case, there are usually key combinations where you can press more than two keys. All this means, you may very well never run into any problems, but you can't be sure.

I remember running into problems after years of playing with the same keyboard. One time, playing QuakeWorld or Quake3 as my main game, I got the idea to move all my keys one to the right. The idea was to move from WASD movement to ESDF movement, to get access to more keys for stuff. If you think about what happens, you need about four keys at the same time in Quake. You need to hold down two movement keys, then the Space Bar for jumping, and then you may want to hit a fourth key to switch to another weapon or spam a text message to teammates. My keyboard had no problems with WASD, but ESDF was broken.

Another time, I suddenly ran into problems, was playing RtCW (the Wolfenstein remake). That game needed an additional key for sprinting, and something broke with the keyboards' 2KRO. I wrote in the first paragraph that Ctrl, Shift, Alt is always separate, but that wasn't really true. I don't exactly remember what happened, I think I had no problems playing Quake, but in RtCW, I sometimes couldn't jump with the Space Bar. It was strange.

If you buy a keyboard, and you find out you really like it, it'll be sad if you suddenly run into a problem after years of playing with it. The thing with the Cherry switches is, their feel theoretically never degrades, the one keyboard you like most could last you forever if you are a bit lucky, so I'd make sure to choose something with NKRO to never run into problems.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
Prev 1 243 244 245 246 247 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 310
Mind 67
Bale 34
sorry 31
ZergMaN 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
League of Legends
JimRising 724
Other Games
summit1g7496
Coldzera 717
WinterStarcraft639
C9.Mang0297
Sick123
febbydoto11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick753
BasetradeTV185
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2148
League of Legends
• Rush1319
Other Games
• Shiphtur607
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
4h 9m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
6h 9m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 9m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.